Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...some really long wait times. Good luck everyone

Comment

• 19-2 here and finally got scheduled for my SI next week.

How’s the SI? I heard it’s a breeze but a quick google search I find someone posting that they failed. How should I prepare?
      CBPO 19-2
      @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
      Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's easy just stick to your answers, use common sense & officer safety.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        stick with the answers you give, they want you to be very detailed. so watch some use of force videos and use common sense with the answers. If its for BPA they want all the details big to small and they want it to flow. CBPO was super easy when you use common sense

• Hello everyone I am the new guy to the group. I have been seeing some people having to take a entrance exam. Is that given before you receive the tentative offer of employment? I received mine yesterday for CBP and then today for Border Patrol. I am part of the brand new 19-3. I did the VRA for the GS/GL9 prior service veteran, GA Post certified law enforcement officer and current Federal Department of Army Police Officer.

CBPO 19-3 (VRA GS9)
      Applied – 12/31/2018
      Entrance Exam – N/A (Never took this)
      Exam Notice of Results N/A (Never took this)
      Tentative selection letter (GS9) – 1/31/2019

BPA 19-3 (VRA GL9)
      Applied – 12/31/2018
      Entrance Exam – N/A (Never took this)
      Exam Notice of Results N/A (Never took this)
      Tentative selection letter (GL9) – 2/1/2019

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        if you are qualified for GS9 you wont take the entrance exam since its waved. Also is you're name Santiago?

• New poly date is scheduled for Feb 6th after being canceled yesterday.

Comment

• I got this email, but that's about it:

We are reaching out to all applicants who currently have an active Customs and Border Protection Officer application with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Although CBP was recently impacted by the partial government shutdown and hiring was temporarily paused, we want to ensure you that all hiring has been restored and your application is actively moving forward.

You may check your application status and pre-employment requirements using the ‘CBP Jobs’ application available on iPhone and Android devices or at https://careers.cbp.dhs.gov.

CBP’s vision is to serve as the premier law enforcement agency enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity through collaboration, innovation, and integration. We thank you for your patience and continued interest in our mission.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          @Canelbak sent you a PM bro

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the same thing. It's just to let you I they are up and running. Automated message from cbp jobs.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          A couple of us in the group chat received it as well, It's an automated email sent out in bulk.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the same message and i already have a EOD date.

• All of the BP Direct Hire 18-10's.... where are you guys in the process?

Comment

• Hvbitz
          Hvbitz commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPO 18-13 here, still at 38%. Waiting on Poly, Background, and Drug Tests. Still haven't been contacted by my investigator or case manager. Medical is also still pending since 10/17/18. Guess I shouldn't feel so bad it's only been about 3 months.

• Has anyone worked with a Recruiter that they would recommend? Someone who's even just a bit helpful, or that at least responds to your messages? The few I've spoken to are either completely clueless, or they don't reply at all lol.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 thanks bro. So he was the one who sent the email to schedule your poly?

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. Naw he sent this that email with schedule in it but they don't reply at all.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 ah I gotcha. It’s weird they even that that email posted at all. I really wonder if it’s just not active and nobody reads it, or they’re just outright ignoring people.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I've yet to see anyone receive a reply from them lol

• 17-8, so just logged into the App and my background cleared finally, it was done in September.

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          beginning, middle or end of September? and congrats, i know thats a relieve.

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 beginning of August but additional info beginning of September

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I met my investigator September 4th. Closed my file on the 6th. No additional information was needed. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. He just said everything looked good on the day he submitted it.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Friend of mine just is going to gluynco in a week or so. He’s process took 1 yr and 7 months

• Anyone have any idea of what academy dates are looking like for the coming year? I know I've seen Feb tossed around a few times.

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not exactly sure because from reading I thought classes were filled through May-June. I'll read up on that some more.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Filled up to may and they are working on June classes right now. Hope bi clears soon. It's been over 5 months now. Not to many 17's left here.

• D.Brown
          D.Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          May, june.

I was given a June date at first. After the shutdown they informed me that they had some in may. I would assume each month has vacancies though.

• Those who are getting/got a provisional on their background..when did you get offered the provisional?

I’m done with everything besides my background, which is still pending. They sent me on boarding paperwork last Monday. I’m wondering if my background will have to clear before I hear anything.

APPLY CBP 18-13
        WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
        EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
        SI 10/16/18 PASS
        POLY 12/11/18 PASS
        PFT1 11/06/18 PASS
        MED 10/15/18 PASS
        DRUG 01/09/2019
        BI MEETING 01/03/2019
        BI-IN PROGRESS***
        ONBOARDING PAPERWORK 1/30/19
        FINAL OFFER ????
        Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 02-03-2019, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Nobody really knows how provisional works and who qualifies/doesnt qualify for it. Basically if you do quality, you'll just randomly get "The Call" out of the blue one day lol. Your timeline is pretty awesome though. You've literally almost made in through the entire process in half the time I've been waiting for just the polygraph lol.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got hired on a provisional, they didnt tell me I got one or anything like that, I just ended up doing the drug test about 2 weeks after the poly, I got placed in TSU the same day I took the Drug test and got the call later that week on a friday.

In your case, if you already had the BI started and met the investigator then you didnt get a provisional clearance they would give it to you before you start your BI

• WindyCityGuy
          WindyCityGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          KevinMO91 not accurate, I ended up getting the call with a provisional and I had met the BI investigator prior

• Just returned from a deployment and lifted my active duty hold after being gone for 7 months. Applied sept ‘17 and 50% complete on CASS, just waiting for the polygraph again. Now let’s see how long it takes to get a date. I noticed they have CBP Hiring Frontline Veterans Recruitment contact on usajobs now so I’ll try and contact them and see if there is anything they can do for me to push me through.

Comment

• Does anyone have an accurate answer whether the CBPO academy sometimes starts on a Saturday or not? My FLETC dates that I received from HR starts on a Saturday and I'm having a hard time believing it would actually be the case since I haven't heard of a law enforcement academy that starts on a weekend and HR did say the academy runs M-F. At this point, it seems more logical to believe that I will just check in at FLETC on the Saturday and the actual academy session will start on the following Monday. Confirming this in advance will assist me in my planning, thanks.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Academy is Monday through Friday. Probably for travel time and check in.

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            My FLETC date is also falls on Saturday. I called back and made sure those are the right dates and the MHC told me those are the dates we have for you. You would have to report on that day (Saturday). Yeah I think they would give us a day or two to get settled in or something. What is your EOD and FLETC date if you don't mind me asking.

• amgclass
            amgclass commented
            Editing a comment
            d2ep Sent you a PM.

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            classes are mon-sat..been to fletc 2x already...your report date (aka travel days) might be sat.....but you
            wont start class til mon

• Question for some of you. How excited should I be if my CASS is at 75% with the only thing left incomplete is background. Background currently reads “in progress” everything else including drug test is green. I know I shouldn’t really be too excited until I get the “call” but just wondering what my chances are of making it all the way through at this point. TIA

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe somewhere between 95-98% of people that pass the poly end up EODing. Unless you’re secretly a cartel drug lord that they’d find out during the BI, you’re gonna get the job lol.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            What announcement are you? I'm still waiting on drug test and for bi to complete. Been at 63% for 9 months.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow you moved through pretty quick.

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you did the Drug test you should be getting the call anytime, did you get placed in TSU yet? They usually only do the drug test when they are about to give you the call.

• I am 19-1 for VRA and DH.

Comment

• LMC
            LMC commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 19-4 VRA.
            Just getting started.

how far are you in the process?

• 19-2 Regular Announcement. I got an email today stating that my investigation has progressed to the personnel security process. Anyone have any information on this? I have not talked to my BI in over a month. Currently 63% in and I am currently employed with the Bureau of Prisons. Thanks

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Could of been a mass email sent out, but not intended for everyone. I sent that to my recruiter and that is what they told me.

• klocklear86
            klocklear86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have completed all the steps except the BI. I have spoke with the BI numerous times. I hope this is what it means Hal29

• fsi1212
            fsi1212 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29 it wasn't a mass email because that was the response I got when I emailed the recruiter and asked what was taking so long.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fsi, then I'm not sure why you got the email unless they did your background without contacting you. You should email your case manager.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11672 users online. 474 members and 11198 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X