Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any idea of what academy dates are looking like for the coming year? I know I've seen Feb tossed around a few times.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not exactly sure because from reading I thought classes were filled through May-June. I'll read up on that some more.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Filled up to may and they are working on June classes right now. Hope bi clears soon. It's been over 5 months now. Not to many 17's left here.

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      May, june.

I was given a June date at first. After the shutdown they informed me that they had some in may. I would assume each month has vacancies though.

• Those who are getting/got a provisional on their background..when did you get offered the provisional?

I’m done with everything besides my background, which is still pending. They sent me on boarding paperwork last Monday. I’m wondering if my background will have to clear before I hear anything.

APPLY CBP 18-13
    WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
    EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
    SI 10/16/18 PASS
    POLY 12/11/18 PASS
    PFT1 11/06/18 PASS
    MED 10/15/18 PASS
    DRUG 01/09/2019
    BI MEETING 01/03/2019
    BI-IN PROGRESS***
    ONBOARDING PAPERWORK 1/30/19
    FINAL OFFER ????
    Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 02-03-2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Nobody really knows how provisional works and who qualifies/doesnt qualify for it. Basically if you do quality, you'll just randomly get "The Call" out of the blue one day lol. Your timeline is pretty awesome though. You've literally almost made in through the entire process in half the time I've been waiting for just the polygraph lol.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got hired on a provisional, they didnt tell me I got one or anything like that, I just ended up doing the drug test about 2 weeks after the poly, I got placed in TSU the same day I took the Drug test and got the call later that week on a friday.

In your case, if you already had the BI started and met the investigator then you didnt get a provisional clearance they would give it to you before you start your BI

• WindyCityGuy
      WindyCityGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 not accurate, I ended up getting the call with a provisional and I had met the BI investigator prior

• Just returned from a deployment and lifted my active duty hold after being gone for 7 months. Applied sept ‘17 and 50% complete on CASS, just waiting for the polygraph again. Now let’s see how long it takes to get a date. I noticed they have CBP Hiring Frontline Veterans Recruitment contact on usajobs now so I’ll try and contact them and see if there is anything they can do for me to push me through.

Comment

• Does anyone have an accurate answer whether the CBPO academy sometimes starts on a Saturday or not? My FLETC dates that I received from HR starts on a Saturday and I'm having a hard time believing it would actually be the case since I haven't heard of a law enforcement academy that starts on a weekend and HR did say the academy runs M-F. At this point, it seems more logical to believe that I will just check in at FLETC on the Saturday and the actual academy session will start on the following Monday. Confirming this in advance will assist me in my planning, thanks.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Academy is Monday through Friday. Probably for travel time and check in.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        My FLETC date is also falls on Saturday. I called back and made sure those are the right dates and the MHC told me those are the dates we have for you. You would have to report on that day (Saturday). Yeah I think they would give us a day or two to get settled in or something. What is your EOD and FLETC date if you don't mind me asking.

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        d2ep Sent you a PM.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        classes are mon-sat..been to fletc 2x already...your report date (aka travel days) might be sat.....but you
        wont start class til mon

• Question for some of you. How excited should I be if my CASS is at 75% with the only thing left incomplete is background. Background currently reads “in progress” everything else including drug test is green. I know I shouldn’t really be too excited until I get the “call” but just wondering what my chances are of making it all the way through at this point. TIA

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe somewhere between 95-98% of people that pass the poly end up EODing. Unless you’re secretly a cartel drug lord that they’d find out during the BI, you’re gonna get the job lol.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What announcement are you? I'm still waiting on drug test and for bi to complete. Been at 63% for 9 months.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow you moved through pretty quick.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you did the Drug test you should be getting the call anytime, did you get placed in TSU yet? They usually only do the drug test when they are about to give you the call.

• I am 19-1 for VRA and DH.

Comment

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 19-4 VRA.
        Just getting started.

how far are you in the process?

• 19-2 Regular Announcement. I got an email today stating that my investigation has progressed to the personnel security process. Anyone have any information on this? I have not talked to my BI in over a month. Currently 63% in and I am currently employed with the Bureau of Prisons. Thanks

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Could of been a mass email sent out, but not intended for everyone. I sent that to my recruiter and that is what they told me.

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have completed all the steps except the BI. I have spoke with the BI numerous times. I hope this is what it means Hal29

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 it wasn't a mass email because that was the response I got when I emailed the recruiter and asked what was taking so long.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fsi, then I'm not sure why you got the email unless they did your background without contacting you. You should email your case manager.

• KevinMO91 Yes I took the drug already but still haven’t heard from anyone no calls or emails.

Comment

• To those who had their poly waiver approved, what was the wait time from submission to approval? With all the backlog, I imagine an opportunity to speed up the process by reviewing a waiver would be snatched up. I am going on two months after my submission. Is there a specific OPR email/phone number for this? I could bug my E-Qip case manager, but I thought polygraphs were handled by OPR.

Timeline:
        06/21/18 Applied (18-10)
        06/30/18 Entrance exam
        07/13/18 NOR
        07/31/18 E-Qip submitted
        08/06/18 Medical/Fitness
        09/04/18 SI
        09/05/18 SI NOR
        10/18/18 E-Qip rejected (update info on grandparents)
        10/18/18 E-Qip resubmitted
        11/30/18 E-Qip released to OPR
        12/01/18 Poly waiver sent to E-Qip team
        XX/XX/XX Poly
        XX/XX/XX BI
        XX/XX/XX Drug test
        XX/XX/XX Final offer
        Last edited by CAL0231; 02-04-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• amgclass
          amgclass commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine took almost 10 weeks from the submission to OPR through the Hiring Center to the receipt of the approval email. And yes, OPR handles the poly waiver but the final outcome will be notified to you by the Hiring Center. I would just keep waiting for the final outcome but if you really need the email address for the specific office that handles the poly waiver, your BI case manager should be able to provide it to you or you may PM me.

• CAL0231
          CAL0231 commented
          Editing a comment
          amgclass,

Awesome, thank you. Do you mind telling me the rough dates that happened?

• Any else still waiting that's from 2017?

ORINGINAL CBPO 18-1
        CURRENT CBPO 18-3
        Application Close Dates: 12/31/2017
        Notice of Pre-Employment 10/25/2017
        e-QIP Submitted: 11/?/2017
        Medical Exam: 11/?/2017-Passed
        Fitness Exam: 12/20/2017 – Passed
        e-QIP Released to OPR: ??? (don't remember date)
        Structured Interview: 5/17/2018
        Structured Interview Passed: 05/19/2018
        Polygraph: Pending
        Background Investigation: In Process
        Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
        Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• dannyboy33
          dannyboy33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Elgin_87 - I guess I am ahead of you ironically. I took my Polygraph in late August 2018 but didn't get an email confirmation that I passed until late September 2018.

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-10 gs-9 here, @63% waiting on drug test and bi to clear

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-3 HERE, Applied in December 2017, sitting at 63%, Bi finished in November 27, waiting for it to clear and drug test, two months into waiting for clearance now, 13 months in overall.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I’m 18-2 just waiting on BI

• Just curious, has anyone really seen any progress since the shutdown ended? I know they've been sending out the robo-emails to everyone saying "your application's still active," but haven't seen many people actually moving forward over the past couple weeks... Kind of makes you wonder if the hiring folks are just twiddling their thumbs waiting to see if another shutdown is going to happen or not.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I'm kind of at the end. I'm waiting on adjudication. I waited 16 months or so. I can wait a little longer. Appreciate it though.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          HAL29 you did get dealt a crappy hand, however you are almost there lol

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Douglas you sure right...lol. But it will give me more time to train and prepare.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I didn't mean to start anything I just thought it may have been an option if you feel like things are moving too slow.

• Just got called for my drug test tomorrow, things are moving along following my cleared background last Saturday.

Comment

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Evolution81 haha yup I’m probably the one that’s been in it the longest, your time will come lol

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          did you have to redo medical/fitness?

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Evolution I think we should be good. I think we will hear soon. At least by the end of the month. I have a feeling.

• Originally posted by bonds525 View Post
        Just got called for my drug test tomorrow, things are moving along following my cleared background last Saturday.
        It took 4-5 months for BI to clear since you applied or since you took your poly?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          2017 or 2018 bonds? That is a long time if it was 2017.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          did you have any nopas bonds?

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          2018* correction

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my 2nd poly back in May. We are almost identical I our timeline. My bi meeting was on the 4th day of September. I know evolution and I have been here a minute as well.

• Just got an email to schedule my fitness exam. Im 19-2 GS5

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too for JFK I received email about fitness test 19-2 GS5/7.

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          @fonzi7979

Hello Fonzi,

Quick question. Did you get to choose JFK after you passed your entrance exam? Or how does the duty location go about?

also, good luck on the rest of the process.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          LMC- you wont get to choose a duty location until the last step, you will get the call "The Call". The CBP/BPA will say we have these locations available, then you can ask them for certain areas and they will tell you yes or no.

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1- Appreciate the info.

• LMC Ive completed everything except background. Background still reads in progress.

Comment

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome. you are so close.

Do you know which duty location you will be at?

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          You've taken drug test?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14355 users online. 469 members and 13886 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X