Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got an email from my case manager telling me that my investigation has progressed to the personal security process. Anyone understand what exactly that is? Is that opm where they make final adjudication.

Comment

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 18-3 and emailed on my background status back in October and was told I was in the Personnel Security process as well. I have not met with a Background investigator yet. I am just waiting on that and the drug test.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 Same here. I received that email a while back as well. No contact or status change since. So I really would like to know what it refers to as well.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I met investigator 6 months and investigator turned my file in 2 days later. I received this email a while back but it was in response to me teaching out. This was random and to congratulate me on this. Which I was weird. Would like to get a better understanding as my background has been completed and under review for adjudication for several months now. My case manager said she doesn't know anything unless opr reaches out to them. Was just confused.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What you mean on their radar? I haven't heard that term in a long time.

• Any other 18-9s here? I’ve been waiting on the Polly since end of August, where are you all at?

Also, in the event that the hiring process takes past a year from your Physical Fitness Test, do you have to redo it?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      A PFT-1 Pass result is valid for one year, or as long as a candidate's selection for the position remains active MrAce , I'm 18-8 by the way, been waiting for poly since August too....

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      MrAce 18-9 here, still waiting on the Poly since September 5th. Patience is the game. Good luck!!

• Just curious, has anyone ever sent an email to the “IACADSCHEDULING” email and actually received a reply? It’s the only publicly listed way to get in contact with OPR/the poly team, and it’s what MHC and Recruiters always point you towards, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone actually getting a response from that address. It seems like it’s an unmonitored inbox. Either that, or they just never reply...

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. I received my poly email the next day after emailing them to update my job & E-Qip. I also received the BP SI email the same day as getting a reply. I don't know if it's coincidence or because I'm processing with both agencies or what.
      Last edited by DP23; 01-30-2019, 07:09 PM.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 ahh that may have something to do with it, I've heard that BP applicants are given priority for the polygraph. I haven't been asked to update my eQip or anything though, I've literally been in radio silence for 8 months lol.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. I asked to update my E-Qip because I haven't heard anything since August lol. My poly came from Customs not BP even though it's used for both.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did email them and got no response... call and an email came from Poly Scheduling unit randomly... Not much you can do until that happens

• Has anyone seen Border security: America's front line on Netflix?
    What are your thoughts? Do you think its pretty accurate of the day to day job duties?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      ES90 not sure what location you work at, one thing I always thought was odd with the show though was that it never shows what's going on down at the Southern Border. Wouldn't there typically be more "action" down there? i.e. more drug seizures, arrests, etc? Another takeaway from the show I get as someone who hasn't done the job yet, is positions at land borders do seem to be much more interesting than at an airport. Airport work kind of seems like glorified TSA work lol.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your comment ES90 I'm sure its more "stamping passports" than anything. I glad its a show that gives you some sort of in and out of what your day to day actions will be.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a reason for that, every other show about BP and OFO focuses solely on the southern border. I'm glad there's something focusing on the northern border and airports. Land is probably more interesting than airports, you never know what you're going to get. As for airport work "TSA" work, don't worry you'll be searching your fair share of bags and people on the land border. Many ports get regular Greyhound and charter bus traffic.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't seen that particular show.
      The other shows on OFO typically get all Hollywooded up with what amounts to mostly playacting, spin and camera-worship. Overall, the result is not a lie so much as it is a distortion. Sort of like seeing something through multiple mirrors. Or a bit like a kid picking through his food to find the stuff he likes best and stacking up all the stuff he doesn't like on the side of the plate. They show us the tastiest bits. What they don't show is the mess of food wasted on the plate.

• Poly examiner got sick so my poly was canceled, will get a call today to reschedule for 2nd week of February.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang sorry to hear bro, you’ve not had much luck getting this poly done the past couple weeks.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be working in my favor, I'm not tripping & my job understands. I'll be waiting on his call.

• Anyone that has gone through the pre-eod process, can tell me whether or not they left a day early to head to FLETC or left the day of to FLETC? I have pre-eod at Dulles 2/12/19 until 2/28/2019 when I have to go to FLETC. I'm trying to figure out hotel cost since I guess there isn't any other female at the same port as me that is leaving in about 12 days as me to share the cost of hotel. I might have to commute between Delaware and Dulles from 2/12-2/15. I have my extended stay booked since October, but its literally like $1300 for 16 days ugh.. appreciate any advice!

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      How i read it, no you have to be in the barracks, im not sure but thats my understanding.

pay a vehicle transport truck to drop off you're vehicle. it can cost you from 300-800 dollar drop.

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Cepstein93: So I got in contact POC in Dulles and my last day at IAD would be 2/26 with a travel date on 2/27 to head down to GA. He recommended either Hotwire or Airbnb, he is also is trying to see if other Officers have a room to rent, but many of them have their rooms already booked. Luckily, my best friend's mom is letting me stay at her place she is about 1 hr and 20 minutes away from Dulles, so I can deal with a hour commute and just save the $1300 lol.

@Elgin_87: my orientation is from 2/12-2/26 not including the weekend. Supposedly, its M-F until like 3:30 or 4 pm. So I was going to head back to DE for the weekend then come back and stay in VA during the weekday. I've been trying to find other females going the same time with me to IAD but no luck. Luckily, my best friend's mom is going to let me stay at her house until I leave. So happy I won't spend too much on a hotel.

@Mobyfish: I found this website (still researching others) https://www.autotransportdirect.com/states-calculator/, insured, has BBB ratings, and they are quoting me with for a running open transport at $550 down to GA from Magnolia, DE.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 just spoke to someone who went through. I was advised the weekend is ours to do as we please for the most part.

• AlexTejada23 I'll be driving down from Boston, so 10hrs is a breeze lol...

Comment

• Wow...some really long wait times. Good luck everyone

Comment

• 19-2 here and finally got scheduled for my SI next week.

How’s the SI? I heard it’s a breeze but a quick google search I find someone posting that they failed. How should I prepare?
        CBPO 19-2
        @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
        Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's easy just stick to your answers, use common sense & officer safety.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          stick with the answers you give, they want you to be very detailed. so watch some use of force videos and use common sense with the answers. If its for BPA they want all the details big to small and they want it to flow. CBPO was super easy when you use common sense

• Hello everyone I am the new guy to the group. I have been seeing some people having to take a entrance exam. Is that given before you receive the tentative offer of employment? I received mine yesterday for CBP and then today for Border Patrol. I am part of the brand new 19-3. I did the VRA for the GS/GL9 prior service veteran, GA Post certified law enforcement officer and current Federal Department of Army Police Officer.

CBPO 19-3 (VRA GS9)
        Applied – 12/31/2018
        Entrance Exam – N/A (Never took this)
        Exam Notice of Results N/A (Never took this)
        Tentative selection letter (GS9) – 1/31/2019

BPA 19-3 (VRA GL9)
        Applied – 12/31/2018
        Entrance Exam – N/A (Never took this)
        Exam Notice of Results N/A (Never took this)
        Tentative selection letter (GL9) – 2/1/2019

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          if you are qualified for GS9 you wont take the entrance exam since its waved. Also is you're name Santiago?

• New poly date is scheduled for Feb 6th after being canceled yesterday.

Comment

• I got this email, but that's about it:

We are reaching out to all applicants who currently have an active Customs and Border Protection Officer application with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Although CBP was recently impacted by the partial government shutdown and hiring was temporarily paused, we want to ensure you that all hiring has been restored and your application is actively moving forward.

You may check your application status and pre-employment requirements using the ‘CBP Jobs’ application available on iPhone and Android devices or at https://careers.cbp.dhs.gov.

CBP’s vision is to serve as the premier law enforcement agency enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity through collaboration, innovation, and integration. We thank you for your patience and continued interest in our mission.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            @Canelbak sent you a PM bro

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same thing. It's just to let you I they are up and running. Automated message from cbp jobs.

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            A couple of us in the group chat received it as well, It's an automated email sent out in bulk.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same message and i already have a EOD date.

• All of the BP Direct Hire 18-10's.... where are you guys in the process?

Comment

• Hvbitz
            Hvbitz commented
            Editing a comment
            CBPO 18-13 here, still at 38%. Waiting on Poly, Background, and Drug Tests. Still haven't been contacted by my investigator or case manager. Medical is also still pending since 10/17/18. Guess I shouldn't feel so bad it's only been about 3 months.

• Has anyone worked with a Recruiter that they would recommend? Someone who's even just a bit helpful, or that at least responds to your messages? The few I've spoken to are either completely clueless, or they don't reply at all lol.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            DP23 thanks bro. So he was the one who sent the email to schedule your poly?

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. Naw he sent this that email with schedule in it but they don't reply at all.

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            DP23 ah I gotcha. It’s weird they even that that email posted at all. I really wonder if it’s just not active and nobody reads it, or they’re just outright ignoring people.

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. I've yet to see anyone receive a reply from them lol

• 17-8, so just logged into the App and my background cleared finally, it was done in September.

Comment

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            beginning, middle or end of September? and congrats, i know thats a relieve.

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            raudy06 beginning of August but additional info beginning of September

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I met my investigator September 4th. Closed my file on the 6th. No additional information was needed. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. He just said everything looked good on the day he submitted it.

• I’m a ninja
            I’m a ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            Friend of mine just is going to gluynco in a week or so. He’s process took 1 yr and 7 months

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10161 users online. 319 members and 9842 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X