Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys any tips for running the 1.5 mile ?

Comment

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      You just run. A 10 minute mile should be fairly easy to hit. But you need to run more than 1.5 miles when you train. Like Lucky said, make it your goal to run about 3 miles or farther and the 1.5 will be easy.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Couch to 5K is a good starter running program.
      There are several other similar programs that are designed to get a person from a novice to running 3-plus miles in 8-12 weeks. Google search for them.

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      Run everyday. Just do what you can and commit. Eventually you'll get better. I'm down to 6 min miles 3 miles a day on my lunch break at work. Trust me, didn't start that way. I could barely run a 1/4 straight when I started. Same with swimming, could do 50 meters without feeling like I'm gonna die. Now I swim 1500 meters straight for time... the answer is consistency and preserverance. Little bit everyday adds up. No one sees the struggle just the end result. So make the end worthwhile.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Like all people said, keep running and practicing, I'm in that process too, I'm only able to run 1mile 10 mins, but after 11 mins, I'm out, ... I need to practice more, hopefully, by my EOD in 2020, I can pass their requirements.

• Update on how 18-4 people doing?

Comment

• I'm guessing some recruiters are still furloughed? I tried to email my recruiter to see if they were going to continue with the hiring process and what was going on. I got an automatic reply saying they will contact me once the shutdown is over. I mean seriously.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        The government is 100% open at this point, nobody should be furloughed. I'm assuming your guy just hasn't turned off his automatic replies on his email.

• I understand some people received “verbal” passes for their polygraphs. From your experiences, approximately how long did it take for an official email with results? I know it has to go to QC first, but I was just curious. Thanks!

Comment

• anybody else 19-1 here?

Comment

• Just curious, I received an email today from USA Staffing advising I had to complete some “on boarding tasks”, it was just some basic info. Just curious what that means, if I should be expecting the call soon? Also just curious how i figure out who my case manager or recruiter is so i can reach out with some questions. This is where I’m at:
        APPLY CBP 18-13
        WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
        EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
        SI 10/16/18 PASS
        FITNESS 11/06/18 PASS
        MED 10/15/18 PASS
        POLY 12/11/18 PASS
        DRUG 01/09/2019
        BI MEETING 01/03/2019
        BI-IN PROGRESS
        FINAL OFFER ????
        Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 01-29-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• WindyCityGuy
          WindyCityGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 Negative

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          In CASS, your case manager should be the one sent you the first email for Eqip, his email, phone should be still there. what the heck man, you are flying thru like nothing? What is your secret? Did you apply at hiring expo or apply online? WindyCityGuy ,

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          If it’s the OF306 form then expect a call soon with an offer.

• WindyCityGuy
          WindyCityGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP Just online
          mobyfish it was the OF306, thanks for the info!

• Where are my 18-3 boys/girls at? im into month two after BI( finished BI November 27), waiting for adjudication and drug test. Officially 13 months in since applying, 12 months since TSL.

Comment

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, 18/3 here. I’m still waiting on my poly. Hopefully something happens soon. Just about 13 months in.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here! I’m 18-2 and I finished my BI in the beginning of August. Still no word

• Well, this week officially marks 1 year since applying for me... I know there’s plenty of others in the “1 year club,” but it is pretty discouraging to realize most people who are at this point are waiting on one of the final steps (BI, drug, or “The Call”). Meanwhile, I’m still waiting just to be scheduled for my polygraph. 8 months and counting since my SI... here’s hoping this next year sees a bit more progress.

Comment

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol 1 year 5 months here as well .... Just waiting on medical to clear... Been waiting for additional paperwork to be reviewed since may 2018... Just forget about it. When you least expect it you'll get an update/call or whatever.

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 17-8
          Background finished in September, waiting for it to clear

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          My background finished in September as well.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. about 15 mouths for me as well. 50% still waiting on poly, UA, and BI. Also I passed my SI in May 2018, haven't heard anything since.
          Last edited by Elgin_87; 01-30-2019, 03:33 PM.

• Well I’m in 19-2 passed entrance exam and completed my medical awaiting for the next steps such as SI, PFT1, Poly and background and finally EOD. Any suggestions

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          You will be receiving emails to schedule your fitness and SI soon, within few weeks, I guess,
          Normal process would be... hurry up for SI and Fitness and wait forever for poly and background.... unusual process would be everything is done within 6 months like some of the lucky ones in here , Not sure which category you will be in... lol fonzi7979
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-29-2019, 08:39 AM.

• Thank you for the input greatly appreciated.

Comment

• So after bugging them once a week when the government was not shutdonw, I got an email today that tells me my additional medical is under nurse review. Does this mean that it is finally getting looked at, or am I still gonna be waiting for another 3 months?

Comment

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats the they dont know when it will be looked at hahah

• fsi1212
            fsi1212 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've gotten that email 3 times in the 8 months I've been waiting on medical.

• Luckyjack90
            Luckyjack90 commented
            Editing a comment
            douglasgene1 I guess I’ll just keep calling and emailing once a week then

• Well guys just got disqualified for the job due to red green color blindness, they stated I can submit a waiver and what not. Any experience with waivers?

Comment

• collapse
            collapse commented
            Editing a comment
            Well that sucks. Did they ever ask you for additional paperwork?

• Alexr3496
            Alexr3496 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I turned the additional paperwork may last year

• Things seem to be moving pretty fast here, so I'm going to jump on with my timeline.

Applied to announcement 19-3 (VRA) on 12/8/18.
          Referral email and tentative selection email on 12/19/19
          Emails to begin e-QIP and schedule medical on 1/29/19

Hopefully we don't go back into another shutdown in a few weeks.

Comment

• LB_Cornhusker
            LB_Cornhusker commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm also 19-3 (NOR 12/21/18), and just got my applicant ID, e-QIP, and SI selection emails today. The interview is in two weeks... maybe they want to get it done before another shutdown?

• BradHP
            BradHP commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the email with my SI date, and I'm working that day and can't get off. The email says it can only be changed due to "extenuating circumstances", and I don't think that will qualify.

• LMC
            LMC commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Brad. when did you schedule your SI for? Wish you the best of luck?
            Last edited by LMC; 02-05-2019, 04:24 PM.

• Anyone in here know if the Academy has an entrance fitness exam? I find it odd that all they have are these pretty weak PFTs and I haven’t found any info from official sources about what’s expected of us.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            You do your fitness test during the academy in order to graduate.

• I cant find my case manager number or email on none of my cbpo emails i received

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            should be on your CASS, click on the "bell" right corner, you will see history emails that he has sent you previously... his name, number, and email are all in there... Hou33guy

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Found it thxs alot

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9806 users online. 465 members and 9341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X