Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the shutdown is coming to end! Time to fire up the hiring process again!

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if it's only 3 weeks I'll take it.

• Anyone here 19-2 and waiting on medical? I was prior VRA 17-10 and failed medical there. Will that medical carry over?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What caused you to fail medical?

• Redwings1993
      Redwings1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sort of beating a dead horse on myself, I failed my hearing. I gave a medical waiver with tons of positive performance reports, duties that I have done in service with my "hearing loss", and all that j***. They still deemed it not passable.

• Briscora
      Briscora commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine cleared a few weeks ago.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      How bad was your hearing? I had to submit additional medical for hearing and military disability. I'm also VRA.

• How are the 18-8 boys doing

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 here & we're just sitting here lol, where are you in the process.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8, still waiting on poly, zombiemap

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 VRA here at 38% waiting on additional medical to clear and poly

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 vra still waiting for med to clear

• Hi everyone,

What is your opinion on this government shutdown and it being reopened now? Do you think our applications will be forgotten or pushed to the end of the pile or would they continue where they left off at?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      You would hope they would just pick up where they left off and kick things into overdrive to try and catch up with all the people who applied during the shutdown. Unfortunately though, knowing how this process generally seems to operate and given the fact the shutdown may resume, I could see a scenario where the hiring folks come back to work and just shuffle papers around for 3 weeks before a long-term solution (or not) is reached.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be starting on where they left off if you ask me.

• Has anyone noticed or had it occur where one day you check into the app and shows your current test completed but then the next day shows (in progress?) Yesterfay I checked the app to see if they updated my status on my polygraph. It showed completed and my overall completion was 63%. Now I checked today and it shows my EQIP back (in progess) when yesterday it showed completed and has shown completed for 11 months now.

Comment

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      So I’m gonna take this as a good sign then that this is happening!!

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, its moving, good sign, after re certifying, you should be doing drug test and receiving the call any time...

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received my tsl I believe end of September beginning of October. I completed my pft beginning of October and my medical passed in November. By December I was at 33%. March I took my si and April took my first poly and may 2nd poly. I've been at 63% for 8 months now. Hence the reason I've been in the process for 16 months. I recertified my equip in June 2018. Met no investigator September 2nd. Been waiting for adjudication since.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      its a messed up process, Im VRA CBPO 17-11 and was offered eod the monday after Thanksgiving. I EOD 04/2019

• if i applied for CBPO as Direct hire and I now apply for BPA, would it affect my hiring process for CBPO?

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO.BPJ Not applicable you're a new applicant unless you have a current CBPO or BP application already. I only have 1 app of each & sit at 50% complete on both.

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 yes I only have one application for CBPO 18-6 and sitting at 50% and this one I am trying to apply for is BPA 19-4

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO.BPJ Apply it won't cancel out your CBPO application. They are different agencies & you will get two separate calls. If you accept CBPO in the end then will it cancel out the BP app but not before "The CALL"

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I'm processing with both now. E-Qip, Medical, poly, background & drug test will transfer over. PFT-1, SI & entrance exams are different.

I had 4 applications out, 2 for CBPO, 2 for BPA (they were both DH and VRA applications. I can tell you they dont cancel nothing out. BPA actually help your process speed up. Every cal i got was for BPA never CBPO. BPA offered me a job and i told them i wanted to see all my options before i took BPA. BPA hiring made CBP call me.

• Crossing my fingers they can get my e-QIP process started.

Heard nothing back since 12/19, finished onboarding credentials but nothing since then.

Let's hope in these next 3 weeks we'll move forward.

Anyone else 19-2? What's your status?
    CBPO 19-2
    @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      @LivFreer

I'm 19-2 as well but took my written at the tail end of scheduling. I finished onboarding 12/19 and haven't heard anything since. It's Monday, a couple days after the shutdown is reopen temporarily and no e-mail to start anything. I haven't got a notice to even started my e-QIP.

Am I suppose to get a separate e-mail to start my e-QIP?
      Last edited by SPX; 01-28-2019, 07:10 PM.

• LivFreer
      LivFreer commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX I received an email to complete my eQuip a few days after I applied. I don't know if it's bc I qualified as a GS-9?

Maybe it has something to do with our home location? I've read other states move much faster than NY. (I'm in NY)

Nevertheless, you should contact the hiring center tomorrow, but I'm sure they're being bombarded with millions of queries.

Hopefully you hear something soon!

I'll keep you updated when I hear something on my end.

Briscora If you don't mind, where are you located?
      Last edited by LivFreer; 01-28-2019, 03:54 PM.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I’m in 19-2 but waiting for SI PFT1 then Poly andetc

• Briscora
      Briscora commented
      Editing a comment
      Im in Philadelphia

• For those of you who were to EOD anytime during the recent shutdown and actually received the official final offer letters to do so, have you guys been indeed entering on duty at your home ports and attending the pre-academy all in accordance with your original dates?

I understand some people on here have been saying all pre-academy and FLETC sessions are happening as originally planned regardless of the shutdown but I have also seen some posts saying after receiving their final offer letters and contacting their home ports for reporting instructions, they were told that pre-academy was being delayed at the moment due to certain employees being furloughed.

Please share your progress and/or outcomes regarding this matter since I need some very solid information to prepare for my upcoming EOD during another potential shutdown, thank you.
    Last edited by amgclass; 01-27-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      I was contacted during the shutdown and my dates stayed the same, I EOD on Wednesday.

• AMTK23
      AMTK23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD 2/12/19 with FLETC 2/28/2019. I got my final letter of selection from Customs Hiring Unit. Able to talk to my POC in Dulles and then two laters got my welcome packet with the report information. Yesterday got another email from Hiring Unit with the EOD report as schedule for 2/12/2019.

• Hey guys any tips for running the 1.5 mile ?

Comment

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      You just run. A 10 minute mile should be fairly easy to hit. But you need to run more than 1.5 miles when you train. Like Lucky said, make it your goal to run about 3 miles or farther and the 1.5 will be easy.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Couch to 5K is a good starter running program.
      There are several other similar programs that are designed to get a person from a novice to running 3-plus miles in 8-12 weeks. Google search for them.

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      Run everyday. Just do what you can and commit. Eventually you'll get better. I'm down to 6 min miles 3 miles a day on my lunch break at work. Trust me, didn't start that way. I could barely run a 1/4 straight when I started. Same with swimming, could do 50 meters without feeling like I'm gonna die. Now I swim 1500 meters straight for time... the answer is consistency and preserverance. Little bit everyday adds up. No one sees the struggle just the end result. So make the end worthwhile.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Like all people said, keep running and practicing, I'm in that process too, I'm only able to run 1mile 10 mins, but after 11 mins, I'm out, ... I need to practice more, hopefully, by my EOD in 2020, I can pass their requirements.

• Update on how 18-4 people doing?

Comment

• I'm guessing some recruiters are still furloughed? I tried to email my recruiter to see if they were going to continue with the hiring process and what was going on. I got an automatic reply saying they will contact me once the shutdown is over. I mean seriously.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        The government is 100% open at this point, nobody should be furloughed. I'm assuming your guy just hasn't turned off his automatic replies on his email.

• I understand some people received “verbal” passes for their polygraphs. From your experiences, approximately how long did it take for an official email with results? I know it has to go to QC first, but I was just curious. Thanks!

Comment

• anybody else 19-1 here?

Comment

• Just curious, I received an email today from USA Staffing advising I had to complete some “on boarding tasks”, it was just some basic info. Just curious what that means, if I should be expecting the call soon? Also just curious how i figure out who my case manager or recruiter is so i can reach out with some questions. This is where I’m at:
        APPLY CBP 18-13
        WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
        EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
        SI 10/16/18 PASS
        FITNESS 11/06/18 PASS
        MED 10/15/18 PASS
        POLY 12/11/18 PASS
        DRUG 01/09/2019
        BI MEETING 01/03/2019
        BI-IN PROGRESS
        FINAL OFFER ????
        Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 01-28-2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• WindyCityGuy
          WindyCityGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 Negative

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          In CASS, your case manager should be the one sent you the first email for Eqip, his email, phone should be still there. what the heck man, you are flying thru like nothing? What is your secret? Did you apply at hiring expo or apply online? WindyCityGuy ,

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          If it’s the OF306 form then expect a call soon with an offer.

• WindyCityGuy
          WindyCityGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP Just online
          mobyfish it was the OF306, thanks for the info!

• Where are my 18-3 boys/girls at? im into month two after BI( finished BI November 27), waiting for adjudication and drug test. Officially 13 months in since applying, 12 months since TSL.

Comment

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, 18/3 here. I’m still waiting on my poly. Hopefully something happens soon. Just about 13 months in.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here! I’m 18-2 and I finished my BI in the beginning of August. Still no word

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10062 users online. 464 members and 9598 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X