• pnw360
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2015

anybody else 19-1 here?

Comment

• WindyCityGuy
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

Just curious, I received an email today from USA Staffing advising I had to complete some “on boarding tasks”, it was just some basic info. Just curious what that means, if I should be expecting the call soon? Also just curious how i figure out who my case manager or recruiter is so i can reach out with some questions. This is where I’m at:
      APPLY CBP 18-13
      WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
      EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
      SI 10/16/18 PASS
      FITNESS 11/06/18 PASS
      MED 10/15/18 PASS
      POLY 12/11/18 PASS
      DRUG 01/09/2019
      BI MEETING 01/03/2019
      BI-IN PROGRESS
      FINAL OFFER ????
      Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 01-28-2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• WindyCityGuy
        WindyCityGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        pnw360 Negative

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        In CASS, your case manager should be the one sent you the first email for Eqip, his email, phone should be still there. what the heck man, you are flying thru like nothing? What is your secret? Did you apply at hiring expo or apply online? WindyCityGuy ,

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        If it’s the OF306 form then expect a call soon with an offer.

• WindyCityGuy
        WindyCityGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Just online
        mobyfish it was the OF306, thanks for the info!
    • raudy06
      FLEOD06
      • Jun 2013

Where are my 18-3 boys/girls at? im into month two after BI( finished BI November 27), waiting for adjudication and drug test. Officially 13 months in since applying, 12 months since TSL.

Comment

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, 18/3 here. I’m still waiting on my poly. Hopefully something happens soon. Just about 13 months in.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here! I’m 18-2 and I finished my BI in the beginning of August. Still no word
    • N.N.
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

Well, this week officially marks 1 year since applying for me... I know there’s plenty of others in the “1 year club,” but it is pretty discouraging to realize most people who are at this point are waiting on one of the final steps (BI, drug, or “The Call”). Meanwhile, I’m still waiting just to be scheduled for my polygraph. 8 months and counting since my SI... here’s hoping this next year sees a bit more progress.

Comment

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol 1 year 5 months here as well .... Just waiting on medical to clear... Been waiting for additional paperwork to be reviewed since may 2018... Just forget about it. When you least expect it you'll get an update/call or whatever.

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 17-8
        Background finished in September, waiting for it to clear

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        My background finished in September as well.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. about 15 mouths for me as well. 50% still waiting on poly, UA, and BI. Also I passed my SI in May 2018, haven't heard anything since.
        Last edited by Elgin_87; 01-30-2019, 02:33 PM.
    • fonzi7979
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

Well I’m in 19-2 passed entrance exam and completed my medical awaiting for the next steps such as SI, PFT1, Poly and background and finally EOD. Any suggestions

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        You will be receiving emails to schedule your fitness and SI soon, within few weeks, I guess,
        Normal process would be... hurry up for SI and Fitness and wait forever for poly and background.... unusual process would be everything is done within 6 months like some of the lucky ones in here , Not sure which category you will be in... lol fonzi7979
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-29-2019, 07:39 AM.
    • fonzi7979
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

Thank you for the input greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2018

So after bugging them once a week when the government was not shutdonw, I got an email today that tells me my additional medical is under nurse review. Does this mean that it is finally getting looked at, or am I still gonna be waiting for another 3 months?

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats the they dont know when it will be looked at hahah

• fsi1212
          fsi1212 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've gotten that email 3 times in the 8 months I've been waiting on medical.

• Luckyjack90
          Luckyjack90 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 I guess I’ll just keep calling and emailing once a week then
      • Alexr3496
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2017

Well guys just got disqualified for the job due to red green color blindness, they stated I can submit a waiver and what not. Any experience with waivers?

Comment

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that sucks. Did they ever ask you for additional paperwork?

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I turned the additional paperwork may last year
      • BradHP
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2010

Things seem to be moving pretty fast here, so I'm going to jump on with my timeline.

Applied to announcement 19-3 (VRA) on 12/8/18.
        Referral email and tentative selection email on 12/19/19
        Emails to begin e-QIP and schedule medical on 1/29/19

Hopefully we don't go back into another shutdown in a few weeks.

Comment

• LB_Cornhusker
          LB_Cornhusker commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm also 19-3 (NOR 12/21/18), and just got my applicant ID, e-QIP, and SI selection emails today. The interview is in two weeks... maybe they want to get it done before another shutdown?

• BradHP
          BradHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Got the email with my SI date, and I'm working that day and can't get off. The email says it can only be changed due to "extenuating circumstances", and I don't think that will qualify.

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Brad. when did you schedule your SI for? Wish you the best of luck?
          Last edited by LMC; 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM.
      • Buck_Macdonald
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2017

Anyone in here know if the Academy has an entrance fitness exam? I find it odd that all they have are these pretty weak PFTs and I haven’t found any info from official sources about what’s expected of us.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          You do your fitness test during the academy in order to graduate.
      • Hou33guy
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

I cant find my case manager number or email on none of my cbpo emails i received

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          should be on your CASS, click on the "bell" right corner, you will see history emails that he has sent you previously... his name, number, and email are all in there... Hou33guy

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Found it thxs alot
      • Hal29
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

So I got an email from my case manager telling me that my investigation has progressed to the personal security process. Anyone understand what exactly that is? Is that opm where they make final adjudication.

Comment

• dannyboy33
          dannyboy33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 18-3 and emailed on my background status back in October and was told I was in the Personnel Security process as well. I have not met with a Background investigator yet. I am just waiting on that and the drug test.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 Same here. I received that email a while back as well. No contact or status change since. So I really would like to know what it refers to as well.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I met investigator 6 months and investigator turned my file in 2 days later. I received this email a while back but it was in response to me teaching out. This was random and to congratulate me on this. Which I was weird. Would like to get a better understanding as my background has been completed and under review for adjudication for several months now. My case manager said she doesn't know anything unless opr reaches out to them. Was just confused.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          What you mean on their radar? I haven't heard that term in a long time.
      • MrAce
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

Any other 18-9s here? I’ve been waiting on the Polly since end of August, where are you all at?

Also, in the event that the hiring process takes past a year from your Physical Fitness Test, do you have to redo it?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          A PFT-1 Pass result is valid for one year, or as long as a candidate's selection for the position remains active MrAce , I'm 18-8 by the way, been waiting for poly since August too....

• TESLA3
          TESLA3 commented
          Editing a comment
          MrAce 18-9 here, still waiting on the Poly since September 5th. Patience is the game. Good luck!!
      • N.N.
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2018

Just curious, has anyone ever sent an email to the “IACADSCHEDULING” email and actually received a reply? It’s the only publicly listed way to get in contact with OPR/the poly team, and it’s what MHC and Recruiters always point you towards, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone actually getting a response from that address. It seems like it’s an unmonitored inbox. Either that, or they just never reply...

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I received my poly email the next day after emailing them to update my job & E-Qip. I also received the BP SI email the same day as getting a reply. I don't know if it's coincidence or because I'm processing with both agencies or what.
          Last edited by DP23; 01-30-2019, 06:09 PM.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 ahh that may have something to do with it, I've heard that BP applicants are given priority for the polygraph. I haven't been asked to update my eQip or anything though, I've literally been in radio silence for 8 months lol.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I asked to update my E-Qip because I haven't heard anything since August lol. My poly came from Customs not BP even though it's used for both.

• category631
          category631 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did email them and got no response... call and an email came from Poly Scheduling unit randomly... Not much you can do until that happens
      • Elgin_87
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

Has anyone seen Border security: America's front line on Netflix?
        What are your thoughts? Do you think its pretty accurate of the day to day job duties?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          ES90 not sure what location you work at, one thing I always thought was odd with the show though was that it never shows what's going on down at the Southern Border. Wouldn't there typically be more "action" down there? i.e. more drug seizures, arrests, etc? Another takeaway from the show I get as someone who hasn't done the job yet, is positions at land borders do seem to be much more interesting than at an airport. Airport work kind of seems like glorified TSA work lol.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate your comment ES90 I'm sure its more "stamping passports" than anything. I glad its a show that gives you some sort of in and out of what your day to day actions will be.

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          There's a reason for that, every other show about BP and OFO focuses solely on the southern border. I'm glad there's something focusing on the northern border and airports. Land is probably more interesting than airports, you never know what you're going to get. As for airport work "TSA" work, don't worry you'll be searching your fair share of bags and people on the land border. Many ports get regular Greyhound and charter bus traffic.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't seen that particular show.
          The other shows on OFO typically get all Hollywooded up with what amounts to mostly playacting, spin and camera-worship. Overall, the result is not a lie so much as it is a distortion. Sort of like seeing something through multiple mirrors. Or a bit like a kid picking through his food to find the stuff he likes best and stacking up all the stuff he doesn't like on the side of the plate. They show us the tastiest bits. What they don't show is the mess of food wasted on the plate.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12275 users online. 75 members and 12200 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...