Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question is for everyone who has taken the CBP written exam: How many people were at your test site when you took the written exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by bahrain View Post
      This question is for everyone who has taken the CBP written exam: How many people were at your test site when you took the written exam?
      I believe six.

Comment

• I personally, wore a suit to my VBT. I have always gone by the adage that you can't be overdressed for an interview. Really, what is the interviewer going to say?.... “I don't like that guy, he's dressed too well".

I'm not sure why there are so many questions about what to wear. If you are questioning what you are considering wearing, and you think that it might hurt your chances....then don't wear it. Error on the side of caution.

Comment

This question is for everyone who has taken the CBP written exam: How many people were at your test site when you took the written exam?
          There were 200+ people at my test and they over booked the hall that it was being held in. The administrators were turning people away who were supposed to be testing that day, and were there on time, but there was no more room for them.

If I remember correctly, they were running the test for several days and it sounded like every day was jammed like that.

Comment

• I just checked CASS and I have completed and passed everything except the background. For my background it says"Pending" and it's in the security office. Does anyone know the next step? My background investigator told me she was handing in her investigation this week. How long is this part of the process??
            Thanks.

Comment

like 30-40
              TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
              NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
              QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
              GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
              MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
              FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
              VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
              DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
              BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                I just checked CASS and I have completed and passed everything except the background. For my background it says"Pending" and it's in the security office. Does anyone know the next step? My background investigator told me she was handing in her investigation this week. How long is this part of the process??
                Thanks.
                Could be a few weeks, could be 18 months.

Comment

• Got the call Friday. However I had to Defer because training fell right on my wedding day. EOD Blaine, is now Jan. 12th (instead of December 15th), FLETC ??

Comment

• Financial Disclosure Report?

Filling out my pre employment package now. Does anyone know on the financial disclosure (customs form 258) how I'm supposed to answer 1d. agency identification number 1g. employment status 1h. assigned directorate or 1i. company or home agency?

I'm freaking out a little because it's due day after tomorrow and the instructions for filling it out suck. Any help from someone knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated.
                    Last edited by imlikeaninja; 11-30-2008, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Can any one confirm that if you turn down the EOD you have to reapply to be considered for any other location??

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                        Filling out my pre employment package now. Does anyone know how I'm supposed to answer 1d agency identification number 1g employment status 1h assigned directorate or 1i company or home agency?

I'm freaking out a little because it's due day after tomorrow and the instructions for filling it out suck. Any help from someone knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated.

In order:

The identification # on your TO. It should be on the upper right of the sheet.

"Applicant"

"Bureau of Customs and Border Protection/Office of Field Operations" or "CBP/OFO"

"Bureau of Customs and Border Protection" or "CBP"

Good Luck,

Mer.

Comment

• Merlin is my new personal hero! Thanks a mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbrady View Post
                            Can any one confirm that if you turn down the EOD you have to reapply to be considered for any other location??
                            If you don't accept your EOD when they call (unless you request a different date due to you getting married on that date, like someone here just did), then you are simply declining the JOB offer and you will be taken off of the pool. If you still want to work as a CBPO in the future then you must re-apply at that point.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1
                              Yoda, I noticed in your signature you re-applied for CBPO.

How did you come to that?
                              What's the process for re-applying for someone like yourself who applied, tested, filled out pre-employment forms already?
                              Did you ever get a response to your NOPA? I'm assuming that your NOPA request should be resolved before you are allowed to re-apply?

Thanks
                              I re-applied to change my GEO preference from LA to Fl. I didn't have to wait for my NOPA to clear, it actually mixed it all up and delayed the process a couple of weeks, but I sure hope they make a decision soon... at this point all I want is a yes or a no so I can move on with my life. I made the error in thinking that since I had a "clean" record and no credit problems I wouldn't have to worry about anything, and I let opportunities go by thinking I would clear my BI and move on to FLETC in no time at all... here I am almost a year after meeting with the investigator still waiting to clear!...
                              When I applied there were very limited Geo Locations available, so I picked LA since I was here anyway... but I would've preferred Florida... I didn't change Geo preference thinking it would delay the process even longer...but hey at this point it's not even a valid excuse, so i went and did it... besides it'll be better for me in the long run since I won't have to try and move heaven and earth to try and get a transfer...
                              And as to How can you re-apply?.....simply apply when there's an open period, everything will transfer over and if you get a TO before they call you for EOD, it will supersede your previous offer automatically...at least that's how MHC explained it to me!
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• How do you know if your case has been sent to the adjudicator? Does it say "sent to adjudicator" next to your BI on CASS?
                                -Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9470 users online. 272 members and 9198 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X