Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it for what it's worth, but several people over on the Border Patrol forum have said they've been contacted to schedule their poly's this week. One guy shared that his examiner said "even though the govt is not fully functional they have been authorized to continue polygraphs."

Interesting... Perhaps CBP received some type of waiver to deem polygraph exams as 'essential.' Although maybe it only applies to Border Patrol applicants? Has anyone on our side of things seen any poly scheduling progress this week?

Comment

• V_AntCBP thanks for letting me know. If I reapply will that start me over in the process?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        depends what is denied for if its because your found unsuitable both applications are dead...if it is cause of quals your other apps you qualify for continue

• ABP8S
        ABP8S commented
        Editing a comment
        DP23 thanks for the info. I only applied for gs5 vra, he told me that I also qualify for gs7. So I went and applied for it. That’s what my question was about. Thanks again

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        ABP8S , depend on your LE experience, VRA could qualify up to GS9, just read the GS qualifications to see what GS grade fits your experience, reapply and submit proper requirement paperwork, everything will transfer over, it took 5 weeks for me, GS9 will not need to take entrance exam.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        ABP8S Oh ok I tried to go back & find your question but forgot lol. Like V_AntCBP said again see exactly what you qualify for. You can have multiple apps & it doesn't take long to transfer. Took mine like a month to transfer over. Best of luck!!!

• 19-2 GS9 formally a 18-6 GS 5/7. Waiting for my back ground to clear. Who clears the background portion? They must be on furlough.

Comment

• So what is the difference between direct hire and a regular application? I’m an gs9 18/12 direct hire applicant, can I also apply as a gs9 regular? Or will it cancel out my gs9 18/12 application?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          from my understanding, if you apply for DH, you are looking to go to SW borders POE where there are special needs for officers and agents, rumors said DH is little more expedited process than Regular, lol, Because of the special needs, I don't believe that, I'm DH and waiting just like Regular.....
          Regular is for other areas such as airports/poes in "more desired" locations/ states because some people don't like living in SW borders areas, applying for GS9 Regular will not cancel your GS9 DH, you will have more options when receiving "the call" Bruno693 ,
          I have both DH and Regular on CASS now,
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-24-2019, 01:26 PM.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bruno693 Are you prior military? If so you can do VRA to get more options.

• Bruno693
          Bruno693 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thank you for that information.
          DP23 no I am not military.

• So, earlier this afternoon I get a random email from the hiring center, letting me know that my Medical Exam is in "the Nurse Review Stage", and that "this process can take and extended period of time, and that I will be emailed with the results". Has anyone ever received this kind of email before?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they already request additional info from you beyond your medical exam? Was it a person that called, or a robo-call? I thought everyone in MHC was furloughed...

• mudboned
          mudboned commented
          Editing a comment
          The nurse review stage email was a generic response that I received from the med review email.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          They haven't requested any additional medical information, & I'm not on med review that I know of. I only received an email. The email started off with "We know you are waiting for the results of your medical exam" and then it went into what I originally posted. This is why I found it weird, and was wondering if this is normal.

• Trump is now giving a new proposal to open government. He is now just asking for a down payment. Hopefully it works.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          According to reports, Pelosi has already shot it down as another “non-starter.” This crap is never going to end so long as one side refuses to compromise or even negotiate. Smh...

BUT CNN is saying Trump is drafting a National Emergency Proclamation to just pull the funding for the wall on his own which would mean there’d be nothing left to fight about and they could end the shutdown. We’ll see how that plays out...

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. Republican Senate Mitch McConnell is blocking everything, I think he's up to 11 now. I won't spew my personal feelings on the matter but BOTH sides need to come together & end it.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 that is true. The problem is, all of them are still getting paychecks, extended weekends off, taxpayer funded travel, etc. so there’s no rush for any of them to figure this out. They need to change the law so Congress’ is not paid during a shutdown, and that they’re not allowed to leave Washington until they come to an agreement and pass a spending bill. They have it much too easy while other people are suffering. It’s terrible some Fed employees are having to turn to food banks and other charity just to survive.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I agree & it's sad, especially when it can be solved in 15 minutes flat. I feel for all of the fed employees affected regardless of financial status.

• Does anyone know how to find out who their investigator is? I seem to have deleted my email that had my investigator's information.
        CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
        9/20/2018 Written Exam
        10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
        10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
        10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
        10/24/2018 Medical Exam
        11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
        11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
        11/13/2018 SI
        11/14/2018 Passed SI
        11/26/2018 PFT
        11/28/2018 Passed PFT
        3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
        4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          You shouldn't have investigator's info yet, mudboned , according to your completion %, you should be waiting on medical review and poly , only after you passed poly, they will assign an investigator who will be doing field investigating portion about you (comes to your job, calls your friends, comes to your neighborhood, etc...), investigator will contact you when they start doing all of these... for now, no one assigned to you yet...

• mudboned
          mudboned commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah ok, thank you. Who should I reach out to if I have information to update - for example, if I go out of the country again?

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          mudboned to your case manager.

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Where do i find my case manager information

• Looks like the shutdown is coming to end! Time to fire up the hiring process again!

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Even if it's only 3 weeks I'll take it.

• Anyone here 19-2 and waiting on medical? I was prior VRA 17-10 and failed medical there. Will that medical carry over?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          What caused you to fail medical?

• Redwings1993
          Redwings1993 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sort of beating a dead horse on myself, I failed my hearing. I gave a medical waiver with tons of positive performance reports, duties that I have done in service with my "hearing loss", and all that j***. They still deemed it not passable.

• Briscora
          Briscora commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine cleared a few weeks ago.

• Luckyjack90
          Luckyjack90 commented
          Editing a comment
          How bad was your hearing? I had to submit additional medical for hearing and military disability. I'm also VRA.

• How are the 18-8 boys doing

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-8 here & we're just sitting here lol, where are you in the process.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          18-8, still waiting on poly, zombiemap

• Luckyjack90
          Luckyjack90 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-8 VRA here at 38% waiting on additional medical to clear and poly

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          18-8 vra still waiting for med to clear

• Hi everyone,

What is your opinion on this government shutdown and it being reopened now? Do you think our applications will be forgotten or pushed to the end of the pile or would they continue where they left off at?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          You would hope they would just pick up where they left off and kick things into overdrive to try and catch up with all the people who applied during the shutdown. Unfortunately though, knowing how this process generally seems to operate and given the fact the shutdown may resume, I could see a scenario where the hiring folks come back to work and just shuffle papers around for 3 weeks before a long-term solution (or not) is reached.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Should be starting on where they left off if you ask me.

• Has anyone noticed or had it occur where one day you check into the app and shows your current test completed but then the next day shows (in progress?) Yesterfay I checked the app to see if they updated my status on my polygraph. It showed completed and my overall completion was 63%. Now I checked today and it shows my EQIP back (in progess) when yesterday it showed completed and has shown completed for 11 months now.

Comment

• JDalhoff
          JDalhoff commented
          Editing a comment
          So I’m gonna take this as a good sign then that this is happening!!

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, its moving, good sign, after re certifying, you should be doing drug test and receiving the call any time...

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received my tsl I believe end of September beginning of October. I completed my pft beginning of October and my medical passed in November. By December I was at 33%. March I took my si and April took my first poly and may 2nd poly. I've been at 63% for 8 months now. Hence the reason I've been in the process for 16 months. I recertified my equip in June 2018. Met no investigator September 2nd. Been waiting for adjudication since.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          its a messed up process, Im VRA CBPO 17-11 and was offered eod the monday after Thanksgiving. I EOD 04/2019

• if i applied for CBPO as Direct hire and I now apply for BPA, would it affect my hiring process for CBPO?

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPO.BPJ Not applicable you're a new applicant unless you have a current CBPO or BP application already. I only have 1 app of each & sit at 50% complete on both.

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 yes I only have one application for CBPO 18-6 and sitting at 50% and this one I am trying to apply for is BPA 19-4

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPO.BPJ Apply it won't cancel out your CBPO application. They are different agencies & you will get two separate calls. If you accept CBPO in the end then will it cancel out the BP app but not before "The CALL"

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No I'm processing with both now. E-Qip, Medical, poly, background & drug test will transfer over. PFT-1, SI & entrance exams are different.

I had 4 applications out, 2 for CBPO, 2 for BPA (they were both DH and VRA applications. I can tell you they dont cancel nothing out. BPA actually help your process speed up. Every cal i got was for BPA never CBPO. BPA offered me a job and i told them i wanted to see all my options before i took BPA. BPA hiring made CBP call me.

• Crossing my fingers they can get my e-QIP process started.

Heard nothing back since 12/19, finished onboarding credentials but nothing since then.

Let's hope in these next 3 weeks we'll move forward.

Anyone else 19-2? What's your status?
        CBPO 19-2
        @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
        Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• SPX
          SPX commented
          Editing a comment
          @LivFreer

I'm 19-2 as well but took my written at the tail end of scheduling. I finished onboarding 12/19 and haven't heard anything since. It's Monday, a couple days after the shutdown is reopen temporarily and no e-mail to start anything. I haven't got a notice to even started my e-QIP.

Am I suppose to get a separate e-mail to start my e-QIP?
          Last edited by SPX; 01-28-2019, 07:10 PM.

• LivFreer
          LivFreer commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX I received an email to complete my eQuip a few days after I applied. I don't know if it's bc I qualified as a GS-9?

Maybe it has something to do with our home location? I've read other states move much faster than NY. (I'm in NY)

Nevertheless, you should contact the hiring center tomorrow, but I'm sure they're being bombarded with millions of queries.

Hopefully you hear something soon!

I'll keep you updated when I hear something on my end.

Briscora If you don't mind, where are you located?
          Last edited by LivFreer; 01-28-2019, 03:54 PM.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I’m in 19-2 but waiting for SI PFT1 then Poly andetc

• Briscora
          Briscora commented
          Editing a comment
          Im in Philadelphia

• For those of you who were to EOD anytime during the recent shutdown and actually received the official final offer letters to do so, have you guys been indeed entering on duty at your home ports and attending the pre-academy all in accordance with your original dates?

I understand some people on here have been saying all pre-academy and FLETC sessions are happening as originally planned regardless of the shutdown but I have also seen some posts saying after receiving their final offer letters and contacting their home ports for reporting instructions, they were told that pre-academy was being delayed at the moment due to certain employees being furloughed.

Please share your progress and/or outcomes regarding this matter since I need some very solid information to prepare for my upcoming EOD during another potential shutdown, thank you.
        Last edited by amgclass; 01-27-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• JMontero
          JMontero commented
          Editing a comment
          I was contacted during the shutdown and my dates stayed the same, I EOD on Wednesday.

• AMTK23
          AMTK23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I EOD 2/12/19 with FLETC 2/28/2019. I got my final letter of selection from Customs Hiring Unit. Able to talk to my POC in Dulles and then two laters got my welcome packet with the report information. Yesterday got another email from Hiring Unit with the EOD report as schedule for 2/12/2019.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4861 users online. 237 members and 4624 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X