Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems say NO to Trump's offer that'll open the government before he finishes his speech. WTF!!!!

Anyways, has anyone had any updates on their medical since the start of the govt. shutdown?
    Last edited by Luckyjack90; 01-19-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to get overly political, but it seemed like a reasonable proposal, at least to get negotiations going again. Unfortunately, it’s hard to make any progress when one side completely refuses to discuss anything. If anything, today just proves one side is ONLY focused on obstruction and keeping the Fed doors closed to do so. Well, when they’re not partying it up in PR, of course. Smh...

• Briscora
      Briscora commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine cleared a couple weeks ago

• Received my final selection letter/email!!! I'm class number CBPOBT-474. Going to Dulles, VA reporting 2/12/2019 leaving for FLETC 2/28/2019! Anyone else in the same class?

Comment

• AMTK23
      AMTK23 commented
      Editing a comment
      @D.Brown: I Honestly have no idea, I've been looking at the chart with the Baltimore/Arlington/Washington locality pay on it. I got my welcome packet and it had information regarding my GS-7 pay along with locality pay already included.

• jayeski3
      jayeski3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! My EOD is in April, how long after you got the call did it take to get the final selection letter?

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      D.Brown yes, it falls under Arlington/Washington

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      AMTK23 congratulations! I was scheduled for a June academy but the shutdown occurred. I may have got pushed back. We will see.

OKCsparrow and ok thanks! GS9 pay looking good for that area!

I decided OFO over Border Patrol mainly due to the locations.

Hopefully ICE opens up soon also.

• How long does it usually take for the OPR to give you the go until it updates on the CASS?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well seeing they are on furlough who knows

• JB411
      JB411 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's a safe bet that they are out. As soon as I heard about the shutdown tried contacting mine, who always responds within 2 days, no response.

• Kind of anoyed at the whole shut down thing because it’s holding the hiring process but then I tell meself I know damn well they wouldn’t of scheduled my poly anytime soon anyway! Lol

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      How long have you been waiting so far? I’m pushing 8 months since my SI and not a peep on the poly so far.

• New Poly date for 1/30 now. Government open by then? anyone making bets? haha

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is the 31st, a few people on the Delphi forums have received notices that poly will continue as normal. I didn't receive that 2nd email after getting the 1st saying poly will be cancelled(follow-up email stating the original is recalled).

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 i can't speak for any other testing location but for the Newark NJ site, they cancelled my 1st poly date due to the shutdown. If the government is still closed by the 30th, which i think it will, they will reschedule once again. haha Honestly im not trying to rush into the site too quickly and end up getting some disgruntled furloughed examiner

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      RJ_Jersey Jan 31st is my original date since Dec 12th I believe. Mine is Arizona & I received an email saying mine would be cancelled if the government is closed but they immediately recalled that email. I didn't receive a follow-up up email saying poly is a go like a few others did but I'm still going to show up just in case. Hopefully I hear something by the end of the week.

• JB411
      JB411 commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to see the over/under before I bet. haha. Hope it goes through for you.

• So I tried calling my POC for my port (Dulles). I was told she's on furlough due to the shutdown. I tried calling the number for TSU that was given to me in the final selection email for questions/concerns but got the answering machine. I report 2/8 and still don't know much information. Anyone else reporting soon running into this problem? I figured this would be an issue when I realized I would probably be reporting during the shutdown.

Comment

• jayeski3
      jayeski3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD in April, and am kinda sitting in that same boat. Was wondering if anyone else had heard anything as well.

• I have 2 questions:

1. So just to clarify, those of yall who have had their medical clear, CASS is still updating correct?

2. I am trying to get more info about what its like at Texas POEs mainly like Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and maybe even El Paso. Anybody have any input about these ports?
    Last edited by Luckyjack90; 01-22-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a VRA guy

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly. Dfw is a good place to go. I don't know much about the other ports.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      DFW is big and has alot to do, which also makes the DHS offices in the DFW very busy

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I want dfw, as I live in dfw. 20-30 minute drive. But I would have to reapply in order to do so.

• Just received my Passsing NOR for my SI!!!

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats bro! Now buckle up for the long wait for the poly lol.

• Briscora
      Briscora commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I know lol... maybe in the mean time theyll schedule my fitness exam

• Take it for what it's worth, but several people over on the Border Patrol forum have said they've been contacted to schedule their poly's this week. One guy shared that his examiner said "even though the govt is not fully functional they have been authorized to continue polygraphs."

Interesting... Perhaps CBP received some type of waiver to deem polygraph exams as 'essential.' Although maybe it only applies to Border Patrol applicants? Has anyone on our side of things seen any poly scheduling progress this week?

Comment

• V_AntCBP thanks for letting me know. If I reapply will that start me over in the process?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        depends what is denied for if its because your found unsuitable both applications are dead...if it is cause of quals your other apps you qualify for continue

• ABP8S
        ABP8S commented
        Editing a comment
        DP23 thanks for the info. I only applied for gs5 vra, he told me that I also qualify for gs7. So I went and applied for it. That’s what my question was about. Thanks again

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        ABP8S , depend on your LE experience, VRA could qualify up to GS9, just read the GS qualifications to see what GS grade fits your experience, reapply and submit proper requirement paperwork, everything will transfer over, it took 5 weeks for me, GS9 will not need to take entrance exam.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        ABP8S Oh ok I tried to go back & find your question but forgot lol. Like V_AntCBP said again see exactly what you qualify for. You can have multiple apps & it doesn't take long to transfer. Took mine like a month to transfer over. Best of luck!!!

• 19-2 GS9 formally a 18-6 GS 5/7. Waiting for my back ground to clear. Who clears the background portion? They must be on furlough.

Comment

• So what is the difference between direct hire and a regular application? I’m an gs9 18/12 direct hire applicant, can I also apply as a gs9 regular? Or will it cancel out my gs9 18/12 application?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          from my understanding, if you apply for DH, you are looking to go to SW borders POE where there are special needs for officers and agents, rumors said DH is little more expedited process than Regular, lol, Because of the special needs, I don't believe that, I'm DH and waiting just like Regular.....
          Regular is for other areas such as airports/poes in "more desired" locations/ states because some people don't like living in SW borders areas, applying for GS9 Regular will not cancel your GS9 DH, you will have more options when receiving "the call" Bruno693 ,
          I have both DH and Regular on CASS now,
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-24-2019, 01:26 PM.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bruno693 Are you prior military? If so you can do VRA to get more options.

• Bruno693
          Bruno693 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thank you for that information.
          DP23 no I am not military.

• So, earlier this afternoon I get a random email from the hiring center, letting me know that my Medical Exam is in "the Nurse Review Stage", and that "this process can take and extended period of time, and that I will be emailed with the results". Has anyone ever received this kind of email before?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they already request additional info from you beyond your medical exam? Was it a person that called, or a robo-call? I thought everyone in MHC was furloughed...

• mudboned
          mudboned commented
          Editing a comment
          The nurse review stage email was a generic response that I received from the med review email.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          They haven't requested any additional medical information, & I'm not on med review that I know of. I only received an email. The email started off with "We know you are waiting for the results of your medical exam" and then it went into what I originally posted. This is why I found it weird, and was wondering if this is normal.

• Trump is now giving a new proposal to open government. He is now just asking for a down payment. Hopefully it works.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          According to reports, Pelosi has already shot it down as another “non-starter.” This crap is never going to end so long as one side refuses to compromise or even negotiate. Smh...

BUT CNN is saying Trump is drafting a National Emergency Proclamation to just pull the funding for the wall on his own which would mean there’d be nothing left to fight about and they could end the shutdown. We’ll see how that plays out...

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. Republican Senate Mitch McConnell is blocking everything, I think he's up to 11 now. I won't spew my personal feelings on the matter but BOTH sides need to come together & end it.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          DP23 that is true. The problem is, all of them are still getting paychecks, extended weekends off, taxpayer funded travel, etc. so there’s no rush for any of them to figure this out. They need to change the law so Congress’ is not paid during a shutdown, and that they’re not allowed to leave Washington until they come to an agreement and pass a spending bill. They have it much too easy while other people are suffering. It’s terrible some Fed employees are having to turn to food banks and other charity just to survive.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I agree & it's sad, especially when it can be solved in 15 minutes flat. I feel for all of the fed employees affected regardless of financial status.

• Does anyone know how to find out who their investigator is? I seem to have deleted my email that had my investigator's information.
        CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
        9/20/2018 Written Exam
        10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
        10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
        10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
        10/24/2018 Medical Exam
        11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
        11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
        11/13/2018 SI
        11/14/2018 Passed SI
        11/26/2018 PFT
        11/28/2018 Passed PFT
        3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
        4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          You shouldn't have investigator's info yet, mudboned , according to your completion %, you should be waiting on medical review and poly , only after you passed poly, they will assign an investigator who will be doing field investigating portion about you (comes to your job, calls your friends, comes to your neighborhood, etc...), investigator will contact you when they start doing all of these... for now, no one assigned to you yet...

• mudboned
          mudboned commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah ok, thank you. Who should I reach out to if I have information to update - for example, if I go out of the country again?

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          mudboned to your case manager.

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Where do i find my case manager information

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6990 users online. 307 members and 6683 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X