Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already know the process is long. I can still be excited when I reach a new step.

Comment

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      Briscora you should be! Good luck! Don’t stress it

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      just remember take a breath and then answer the question. Answer the question the way you would do it...not the way you think they want to hear it

• Briscora
      Briscora commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a lot easier than i was expecting... now i can breath lol..

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      Briscora I’m surprised they still had the SI during the shutdown actually. That’s good

• Ok question y'all. So do to shutdown I've been applying and testing for police departments. So when I handed in my phs on it it says list other police departments and agencies. So I listed cbp. They asked me after testing when I turned it in about applying to cbp, where I am in the process and what I'm waiting on. I told them I'm waiting on final adjudication. Does this hurt or help or neither when applying to p.d. I really want cbp but I'm trying to be proactive. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will they at least interview you? Ask if you would prefer working for their department? I figured it would be a positive. Them seeing that you made it that far would look as a positive outlook on character. So I probably blew my chance I guess. Or am I overlooking it?

• Hal29, they ask because they don't want to waste the time hiring and training you if you're just going to leave for CBP. The same happened to me but they will wait and see if you get hired by CBP, before they hire you.

Comment

• Got my final selection letter email today! I EOD 2/8 at Dulles, VA and I'll be at FLETC from 2/26-7/1 Class 473! Anyone else around the same dates? It feels so real now that I got the letter!

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        nice , congrats!

• JGDFL
        JGDFL commented
        Editing a comment
        See you there, Class 473 as well.

• pnw360
        pnw360 commented
        Editing a comment
        Curious when you started the process?

• Took entrace exam on Jan 3rd.. Been two weeks & still no NOR. Is this because of the shutdown? Or give it another few weeks ?

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took the BPA one in November and still no results

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        im not sure, My buddy got his last week, he applied roughly the same date.

• To those wondering, I took the poly today amidst the shutdown.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! How did it go? Was your examiner a contractor or did they work for CBP? Any mention of the shutdown at all?

• JStyleszx , it normally takes 4 to 6 wks before you get your NOR.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the current policy is on tattoos for CBP? Will I just have to wear sleeves? They're already aware of the tattoos I do have, but I have plans for more.

Comment

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as they are not offensive or gang related you should be good to go.

• Dcherise18088
          Dcherise18088 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet! That's what I was hoping.

• I am currently waiting for my background to clear. 19-2 GS9. Once the investigator turns it in who clears it. Are they furloughed? Haven't heard from my investigator in 3 weeks.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 17-11 announcement.

• klocklear86
          klocklear86 commented
          Editing a comment
          ok...I was 18-6 DH GS5-7...But I qualify for a 9 so I'm 19-2 Gs9 regular announcement

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          im 18-3, GS5/7, investigation closed Nov 27, waiting adjudication.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 18-2 GS9 and met with my investigator in the first week of august, and he submitted it a few days later. I haven’t heard anything since. Was really excited to be at the final stages of the process but this has definitely been the longest time frame in between updates.

• I wish this process was a little more smoother. Since my background investigator came to talk to my sergeant and squad I haven't heard anything. Now just about my whole department knows I'm trying to leave. Most are happy for me but the few that are not mainly supervisors are not happy. I have to continue my career as if I'm not leaving because I don't know what can happen from the time I get notified of anything. I'm putting in for schools for more certification to better myself and to help in my career. My uppers are looking at me like why should I help you now you're leaving. I'm weathering the storm but I feel its going to get worse before it settles.

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is what it is...no matter what job in the feds Leo wise ...investigators will interview your employers eventually...who cares....lol

• Scrappydoo
          Scrappydoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Evolution81 you got to care because from that time you get the call. Your career law enforcement wise is in somebody else's hands. Imagine waiting for a call 8 and 9 months from the time your investigators show up. But from that whole time you had no chance of even advancing in your current job when you probably would of if they hadn't know you had other plans.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          when i ment who cares..not your post but the inevitability of the investigator WILL visit your job and talk to your boss/co worker bro..so you mine as well not think about it...when you make the dive into fed leo gigs...that is the calculated risk we take

• Scrappydoo
          Scrappydoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Evolution81 I Gotcha

• A few quick questions. This is where I’m at in the process:

APPLY CBP 18-13
        WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
        EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
        SI 10/16/18 PASS
        POLY 12/11/18 PASS
        FITNESS 11/06/18 PASS
        MED 10/15/18 PASS
        DRUG 01/09/2019
        BI MEETING 01/03/2019
        FINAL OFFER ????

1) How much longer, generally, should I expect before I have a final offer? (If the shutdown wasn’t a factor and my background was finished)
        2) I heard the next academy is in May, do you believe I would be slated for that academy, given how quick the process has gone?
        3) I applied with a preference for Chicago, but haven’t heard anything regarding location or anything, is that a good sign that I’m looking at getting assigned to Chicago?
        4) Is there a pass/fail fitness test at the beginning of the academy? I know there are graduation requirements that must be met, but didn’t know if there were requirements you have to meet at the start or get sent home
        Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• WindyCityGuy
          WindyCityGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah still doing my bi, met with the investigator a couple weeks back and he’s already visited my works and reached out to people via phone and in person. Still wondering if this shutdown is effecting me getting the call, since I have no idea where I may even be going.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well once your investigator is done and submits your file it goes to opm who are in furlough for final adjudication. Which can take 3-4 months or longer. If you got provisional they will give eod without the bi being completed. But with the shutdown I'm doubting they are doing provisional as that is determined by opm. So it may be a while yet. Just hang tight.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          i was offered the job the Monday after thanksgiving, My EOD is 04/04/2019, Academy 04/19/2019

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          WindyCityGuy, you moved extremely fast man, within 3 months you were scheduled the poly and you are not a VRA??? I wonder what you've done differently?... its been more than 5 months since my SI and nada... I had no problems with medical or Eqip, wtf did I do wrong? I'm 18-8 DH, was selected GS7, fml
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-21-2019, 08:56 AM.

• Is anyone here from CBPO 18-13, still waiting on the results of their initial medical?. I took mine back in October, and I haven't received the results yet.
        here's my timeline so far.

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
        Applied – 9/04/2018
        Entrance Exam – 9/17/2018
        Exam Notice of Results (Passed) – 9/20/2018
        Tentative selection letter (GS - 7) – 9/26/2018
        e-QIP requested – 10/03/2018
        e-QIP submitted – 10/08/2018
        Medical Exam – 10/16/2018
        PFT-1 (Passed) – 10/16/2018
        Structured Interview & Fingerprints – 11/08/2018
        Structured Interview Results (Passed) – 11/09/2018
        Assigned a new Case Manager – 12/10/2018

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          SmokeScreen07 How do you know who your case manager is? is it shown anywhere on CASS? Thanks

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          JB411 Which app? On CBP's app it just says its being reviewed, and I will be notified of the results. The one where I scheduled everything for the initial med is just blank.

V_AntCBP you get notified of your case manager through emails. The first one came with my e-QIP packet request. The second came separately, from the actual new case manager.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          SmokeScreen07, oh that guy, lol, I asked him last month about my poly schedule and whats going on with my application, he had no idea, he gave me an ICAD email, I sent them email multiple times, never got response from them... Idk how a case manager doesn't know the case he manages??? Anyway, thanks SmokeScreen07, I thought I got someone else to contact....

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP, You're welcome. From my understanding they only have access to certain aspects of your file/case. I know they told me once your file is released to OPR, they no longer have access to your BI.

• Originally posted by SmokeScreen07 View Post
        Is anyone here from CBPO 18-13, still waiting on the results of their initial medical?. I took mine back in October, and I haven't received the results yet.
        here's my timeline so far.

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
        Applied – 9/04/2018
        Entrance Exam – 9/17/2018
        Exam Notice of Results (Passed) – 9/20/2018
        Tentative selection letter (GS - 7) – 9/26/2018
        e-QIP requested – 10/03/2018
        e-QIP submitted – 10/08/2018
        Medical Exam – 10/16/2018
        PFT-1 (Passed) – 10/16/2018
        Structured Interview & Fingerprints – 11/08/2018
        Structured Interview Results (Passed) – 11/09/2018
        Assigned a new Case Manager – 12/10/2018
        I'm from 18-13, but I reapplied for 19-2 for GS-9. Have not heard anything.
        CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
        9/20/2018 Written Exam
        10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
        10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
        10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
        10/24/2018 Medical Exam
        11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
        11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
        11/13/2018 SI
        11/14/2018 Passed SI
        11/26/2018 PFT
        11/28/2018 Passed PFT
        3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
        4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          mudboned Thanks for the response, and congrats for getting referred for GS-9.

• Evolution, seems the one step we are stuck in those employees are in furlough....lol. damn.

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          yea man..hopefully this trump announcement tomorrow means end to the shutdown

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im hoping the same thing. Maybe pull in funding from defense budget or declaring a national crisis and getting funding. We will see. Let's keep our fingers crossed. It's been long waited for both of us.

• Finally got my emailed seletion letter today, class 474. EOD 12 FEB class date 28 FEB.
        Last edited by Blacpearl1978; 01-18-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6048 users online. 203 members and 5845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X