Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am currently waiting for my background to clear. 19-2 GS9. Once the investigator turns it in who clears it. Are they furloughed? Haven't heard from my investigator in 3 weeks.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 17-11 announcement.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      ok...I was 18-6 DH GS5-7...But I qualify for a 9 so I'm 19-2 Gs9 regular announcement

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      im 18-3, GS5/7, investigation closed Nov 27, waiting adjudication.

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 18-2 GS9 and met with my investigator in the first week of august, and he submitted it a few days later. I haven’t heard anything since. Was really excited to be at the final stages of the process but this has definitely been the longest time frame in between updates.

• I wish this process was a little more smoother. Since my background investigator came to talk to my sergeant and squad I haven't heard anything. Now just about my whole department knows I'm trying to leave. Most are happy for me but the few that are not mainly supervisors are not happy. I have to continue my career as if I'm not leaving because I don't know what can happen from the time I get notified of anything. I'm putting in for schools for more certification to better myself and to help in my career. My uppers are looking at me like why should I help you now you're leaving. I'm weathering the storm but I feel its going to get worse before it settles.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is what it is...no matter what job in the feds Leo wise ...investigators will interview your employers eventually...who cares....lol

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 you got to care because from that time you get the call. Your career law enforcement wise is in somebody else's hands. Imagine waiting for a call 8 and 9 months from the time your investigators show up. But from that whole time you had no chance of even advancing in your current job when you probably would of if they hadn't know you had other plans.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      when i ment who cares..not your post but the inevitability of the investigator WILL visit your job and talk to your boss/co worker bro..so you mine as well not think about it...when you make the dive into fed leo gigs...that is the calculated risk we take

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 I Gotcha

• A few quick questions. This is where I’m at in the process:

APPLY CBP 18-13
    WRITTEN 09/14/2018 PASS
    EQIP TO OPR 10/15/18
    SI 10/16/18 PASS
    POLY 12/11/18 PASS
    FITNESS 11/06/18 PASS
    MED 10/15/18 PASS
    DRUG 01/09/2019
    BI MEETING 01/03/2019
    FINAL OFFER ????

1) How much longer, generally, should I expect before I have a final offer? (If the shutdown wasn’t a factor and my background was finished)
    2) I heard the next academy is in May, do you believe I would be slated for that academy, given how quick the process has gone?
    3) I applied with a preference for Chicago, but haven’t heard anything regarding location or anything, is that a good sign that I’m looking at getting assigned to Chicago?
    4) Is there a pass/fail fitness test at the beginning of the academy? I know there are graduation requirements that must be met, but didn’t know if there were requirements you have to meet at the start or get sent home
    Last edited by WindyCityGuy; 01-18-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• WindyCityGuy
      WindyCityGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah still doing my bi, met with the investigator a couple weeks back and he’s already visited my works and reached out to people via phone and in person. Still wondering if this shutdown is effecting me getting the call, since I have no idea where I may even be going.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well once your investigator is done and submits your file it goes to opm who are in furlough for final adjudication. Which can take 3-4 months or longer. If you got provisional they will give eod without the bi being completed. But with the shutdown I'm doubting they are doing provisional as that is determined by opm. So it may be a while yet. Just hang tight.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i was offered the job the Monday after thanksgiving, My EOD is 04/04/2019, Academy 04/19/2019

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      WindyCityGuy, you moved extremely fast man, within 3 months you were scheduled the poly and you are not a VRA??? I wonder what you've done differently?... its been more than 5 months since my SI and nada... I had no problems with medical or Eqip, wtf did I do wrong? I'm 18-8 DH, was selected GS7, fml
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM.

• Is anyone here from CBPO 18-13, still waiting on the results of their initial medical?. I took mine back in October, and I haven't received the results yet.
    here's my timeline so far.

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
    Applied – 9/04/2018
    Entrance Exam – 9/17/2018
    Exam Notice of Results (Passed) – 9/20/2018
    Tentative selection letter (GS - 7) – 9/26/2018
    e-QIP requested – 10/03/2018
    e-QIP submitted – 10/08/2018
    Medical Exam – 10/16/2018
    PFT-1 (Passed) – 10/16/2018
    Structured Interview & Fingerprints – 11/08/2018
    Structured Interview Results (Passed) – 11/09/2018
    Assigned a new Case Manager – 12/10/2018

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      SmokeScreen07 How do you know who your case manager is? is it shown anywhere on CASS? Thanks

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      JB411 Which app? On CBP's app it just says its being reviewed, and I will be notified of the results. The one where I scheduled everything for the initial med is just blank.

V_AntCBP you get notified of your case manager through emails. The first one came with my e-QIP packet request. The second came separately, from the actual new case manager.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      SmokeScreen07, oh that guy, lol, I asked him last month about my poly schedule and whats going on with my application, he had no idea, he gave me an ICAD email, I sent them email multiple times, never got response from them... Idk how a case manager doesn't know the case he manages??? Anyway, thanks SmokeScreen07, I thought I got someone else to contact....

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP, You're welcome. From my understanding they only have access to certain aspects of your file/case. I know they told me once your file is released to OPR, they no longer have access to your BI.

• Originally posted by SmokeScreen07 View Post
    Is anyone here from CBPO 18-13, still waiting on the results of their initial medical?. I took mine back in October, and I haven't received the results yet.
    here's my timeline so far.

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
    Applied – 9/04/2018
    Entrance Exam – 9/17/2018
    Exam Notice of Results (Passed) – 9/20/2018
    Tentative selection letter (GS - 7) – 9/26/2018
    e-QIP requested – 10/03/2018
    e-QIP submitted – 10/08/2018
    Medical Exam – 10/16/2018
    PFT-1 (Passed) – 10/16/2018
    Structured Interview & Fingerprints – 11/08/2018
    Structured Interview Results (Passed) – 11/09/2018
    Assigned a new Case Manager – 12/10/2018
    I'm from 18-13, but I reapplied for 19-2 for GS-9. Have not heard anything.
    CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
    9/20/2018 Written Exam
    10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
    10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
    10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
    10/24/2018 Medical Exam
    11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
    11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
    11/13/2018 SI
    11/14/2018 Passed SI
    11/26/2018 PFT
    11/28/2018 Passed PFT
    3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
    4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      mudboned Thanks for the response, and congrats for getting referred for GS-9.

• Evolution, seems the one step we are stuck in those employees are in furlough....lol. damn.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      yea man..hopefully this trump announcement tomorrow means end to the shutdown

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im hoping the same thing. Maybe pull in funding from defense budget or declaring a national crisis and getting funding. We will see. Let's keep our fingers crossed. It's been long waited for both of us.

• Finally got my emailed seletion letter today, class 474. EOD 12 FEB class date 28 FEB.
    Last edited by Blacpearl1978; 01-18-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Dems say NO to Trump's offer that'll open the government before he finishes his speech. WTF!!!!

Anyways, has anyone had any updates on their medical since the start of the govt. shutdown?
      Last edited by Luckyjack90; 01-19-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to get overly political, but it seemed like a reasonable proposal, at least to get negotiations going again. Unfortunately, it’s hard to make any progress when one side completely refuses to discuss anything. If anything, today just proves one side is ONLY focused on obstruction and keeping the Fed doors closed to do so. Well, when they’re not partying it up in PR, of course. Smh...

• Briscora
        Briscora commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine cleared a couple weeks ago

• Received my final selection letter/email!!! I'm class number CBPOBT-474. Going to Dulles, VA reporting 2/12/2019 leaving for FLETC 2/28/2019! Anyone else in the same class?

Comment

• AMTK23
        AMTK23 commented
        Editing a comment
        @D.Brown: I Honestly have no idea, I've been looking at the chart with the Baltimore/Arlington/Washington locality pay on it. I got my welcome packet and it had information regarding my GS-7 pay along with locality pay already included.

• jayeski3
        jayeski3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man! My EOD is in April, how long after you got the call did it take to get the final selection letter?

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        D.Brown yes, it falls under Arlington/Washington

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        AMTK23 congratulations! I was scheduled for a June academy but the shutdown occurred. I may have got pushed back. We will see.

OKCsparrow and ok thanks! GS9 pay looking good for that area!

I decided OFO over Border Patrol mainly due to the locations.

Hopefully ICE opens up soon also.

• How long does it usually take for the OPR to give you the go until it updates on the CASS?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well seeing they are on furlough who knows

• JB411
        JB411 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it's a safe bet that they are out. As soon as I heard about the shutdown tried contacting mine, who always responds within 2 days, no response.

• Kind of anoyed at the whole shut down thing because it’s holding the hiring process but then I tell meself I know damn well they wouldn’t of scheduled my poly anytime soon anyway! Lol

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        How long have you been waiting so far? I’m pushing 8 months since my SI and not a peep on the poly so far.

• New Poly date for 1/30 now. Government open by then? anyone making bets? haha

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine is the 31st, a few people on the Delphi forums have received notices that poly will continue as normal. I didn't receive that 2nd email after getting the 1st saying poly will be cancelled(follow-up email stating the original is recalled).

• RJ_Jersey
        RJ_Jersey commented
        Editing a comment
        DP23 i can't speak for any other testing location but for the Newark NJ site, they cancelled my 1st poly date due to the shutdown. If the government is still closed by the 30th, which i think it will, they will reschedule once again. haha Honestly im not trying to rush into the site too quickly and end up getting some disgruntled furloughed examiner

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey Jan 31st is my original date since Dec 12th I believe. Mine is Arizona & I received an email saying mine would be cancelled if the government is closed but they immediately recalled that email. I didn't receive a follow-up up email saying poly is a go like a few others did but I'm still going to show up just in case. Hopefully I hear something by the end of the week.

• JB411
        JB411 commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to see the over/under before I bet. haha. Hope it goes through for you.

• So I tried calling my POC for my port (Dulles). I was told she's on furlough due to the shutdown. I tried calling the number for TSU that was given to me in the final selection email for questions/concerns but got the answering machine. I report 2/8 and still don't know much information. Anyone else reporting soon running into this problem? I figured this would be an issue when I realized I would probably be reporting during the shutdown.

Comment

• jayeski3
        jayeski3 commented
        Editing a comment
        I EOD in April, and am kinda sitting in that same boat. Was wondering if anyone else had heard anything as well.

• I have 2 questions:

1. So just to clarify, those of yall who have had their medical clear, CASS is still updating correct?

2. I am trying to get more info about what its like at Texas POEs mainly like Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and maybe even El Paso. Anybody have any input about these ports?
      Last edited by Luckyjack90; 01-22-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am a VRA guy

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly. Dfw is a good place to go. I don't know much about the other ports.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        DFW is big and has alot to do, which also makes the DHS offices in the DFW very busy

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I want dfw, as I live in dfw. 20-30 minute drive. But I would have to reapply in order to do so.

• Just received my Passsing NOR for my SI!!!

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats bro! Now buckle up for the long wait for the poly lol.

• Briscora
        Briscora commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I know lol... maybe in the mean time theyll schedule my fitness exam

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6714 users online. 302 members and 6412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X