Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah your good! we did one when we got here another mid way and we have the final on the 29th of January if you fail that you retake again a week later if you fail that one you get one last chance 2 days before graduation which is February 19 we had one girl in our session finished the first run in21 minutes she worked her but off and she is down to 15:30 right now so she is gonna make it. I mean how bad do you want your job? And what are you willing to do to get it. The push up is another issue you must to 25 CORRECT push ups

Comment

• Does anyone knows the policy on facial hair?

Comment

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Up to an inch for the officers none for the agents. I believe that is the policy. Must be neat too.. Blacpearl1978

• Thx Elgin_87

Comment

• When in the academy at what point do they do the physical fitness test with the 1.5 Mile run etc... how many chances do you have to do it and what are the standards?

Comment

• I don't feel bad for anyone who can't pass the physical test, it's all on you. The hiring process is long, you have more than enough time to get into decent shape before the academy. Also while at the academy you have time to workout, you are there to study and workout. How you use your time is up to you. Finally, the test isn't difficult, anyone of any age or sex can pass.

220 yard sprint in 45 seconds.
          Sit and Reach assessment of 12.5 inches.
          24 push-ups in 1 minute.
          1.5 mile run in 15 minutes.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            Additionally, the sit and reach test was recently discontinued.

• How does the GS pay scale work? I know you begin at what ever you qualify for GS5-9 and so on.
          but what do the steps mean? for example whats is a GS 5 step 3?
          and when do you move up to the next grade? like from GS 5 - GS 6?
          I am confused.
          ***Also for any current offers, when you move from one federal agency to the other, do they match your last salary? or put you in the equivalent pay level?

Comment

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            The way it works is like this. Depending on where you start, GS5/7/9 you will get promoted every year automatically until you reach GS12. Once you reach GS-12 , then the STEPS come into play. Steps 1-3 is one year between each.

For example. If you start as GS-7, six years from your first day of employment, you will reach GS12- Step 3. Three years to get from GS7-12 and another three from Step 1 to Step 3. Steps 4-6 is two years between each, so it'll take another six years to reach GS12 step 6.

Also they skip a grade each time until 12, so progression is {GS-5] - [GS-7] - [GS-9] - [GS-11] - [GS-12].

• ABP8S
            ABP8S commented
            Editing a comment
            mobyfish thanks for that clarification

• SI Tomorrow.. Im excited!!!

Comment

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            you have a longgggg path left to go....dont get ahead of yourself

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            yes its a long path, however they can be excited hahah

• mudboned
            mudboned commented
            Editing a comment
            We're excited for you!

• I already know the process is long. I can still be excited when I reach a new step.

Comment

• co5518
            co5518 commented
            Editing a comment
            Briscora you should be! Good luck! Don’t stress it

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            just remember take a breath and then answer the question. Answer the question the way you would do it...not the way you think they want to hear it

• Briscora
            Briscora commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a lot easier than i was expecting... now i can breath lol..

• co5518
            co5518 commented
            Editing a comment
            Briscora I’m surprised they still had the SI during the shutdown actually. That’s good

• Ok question y'all. So do to shutdown I've been applying and testing for police departments. So when I handed in my phs on it it says list other police departments and agencies. So I listed cbp. They asked me after testing when I turned it in about applying to cbp, where I am in the process and what I'm waiting on. I told them I'm waiting on final adjudication. Does this hurt or help or neither when applying to p.d. I really want cbp but I'm trying to be proactive. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Will they at least interview you? Ask if you would prefer working for their department? I figured it would be a positive. Them seeing that you made it that far would look as a positive outlook on character. So I probably blew my chance I guess. Or am I overlooking it?

• Hal29, they ask because they don't want to waste the time hiring and training you if you're just going to leave for CBP. The same happened to me but they will wait and see if you get hired by CBP, before they hire you.

Comment

• Got my final selection letter email today! I EOD 2/8 at Dulles, VA and I'll be at FLETC from 2/26-7/1 Class 473! Anyone else around the same dates? It feels so real now that I got the letter!

Comment

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              nice , congrats!

• JGDFL
              JGDFL commented
              Editing a comment
              See you there, Class 473 as well.

• pnw360
              pnw360 commented
              Editing a comment
              Curious when you started the process?

• Took entrace exam on Jan 3rd.. Been two weeks & still no NOR. Is this because of the shutdown? Or give it another few weeks ?

Comment

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              Took the BPA one in November and still no results

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              im not sure, My buddy got his last week, he applied roughly the same date.

• To those wondering, I took the poly today amidst the shutdown.

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! How did it go? Was your examiner a contractor or did they work for CBP? Any mention of the shutdown at all?

• JStyleszx , it normally takes 4 to 6 wks before you get your NOR.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the current policy is on tattoos for CBP? Will I just have to wear sleeves? They're already aware of the tattoos I do have, but I have plans for more.

Comment

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as they are not offensive or gang related you should be good to go.

• Dcherise18088
                Dcherise18088 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet! That's what I was hoping.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8979 users online. 231 members and 8748 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X