Oct 12 - notice of release to OPR
    Oct 15 - e-Qip rejection (errors found)
    Oct 18 - notice of release to OPR
    Oct 30 - structured interview
    Oct 31 - Interview passed (email)

Poli - pending
    Bi - pending
    DT - pending

hopefully I get to do my poli soon and get things moving again. Almost 3 months since my SI.

Anyone in Florida going through the process?

Last edited by ABP8S; 01-13-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I see you are VRA what was youre job? Depending on how you word the resume you should be able to get GS7

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      ABP8S , VRAs qualify for GS7 or GS9, you gotta look into that bro, reapply if need to, thats a year or 2 different on salary... I'm in Tampa, FL , been waiting for poly 5 months...
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-14-2019, 10:25 AM.

• ABP8S
      ABP8S commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP thanks. I just applied for that gs7, I don’t why I didn’t lol. But yeah you right I did qualify for gs7 because of my bachelors as well. Thanks again for the info.

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      what's up guys. Were you guys able to land Florida locations?
  • Greencomms
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2018

Does anyone know if someone who already has an EOD and FLETC start date will have their EOD pushed back due to the shutdown? Has anyone here not been able to go to their primary port on their already scheduled EOD due to the shutdown?

Comment

• dk84
      dk84 commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard EOD and FLETC is on track and nothing has pushed back on those subjects.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Greencomms I have a friend who is EODing next monday he said its on track and will start pre-academy next week. So none of the EODS should be effected. I'm stuck waiting until May for my EOD, Im hoping the time passes fast.....
  • category631
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2018

Assuming that all Background and OPM personnel are furlonged. Poly passed from previous application (8/8/2018) and was confirmed via my Case Manager. E-QIP released to OPM back in October but my guess is the government shutdown stopped all the processing.

Is this what everyone else is experiencing?

Comment

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was reading your progress. I was about to ask you about your poly and how did you get your test so "fast", but after reading your question I guessed you carried it over. I am a little confused about your dates though. How did you get a verbal pass before you previous test?

Poly passed from previous application (8/8/2018)
      Polygraph: 07/12/2018 - Verbal Pass
      Last edited by Elgin_87; 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM.

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      Elgin_87 so I took 1st Poly 7/12/2018 and was given a verbal pass via the examiner. About a week later they told me they wanted to collect more information so I went in for Round 2 about a month later. After the 2nd round they confirmed the pass again. Didn't hear anything after that and then an email to my Case worker emailed me back confirming the Pass.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      category631 awesome. Sucks you have to go in for a round "2", but none the less awesome.
  • dk84
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2018

Hey Guys I need little info on Dulles, VA. I hope anyone from there can help me out.
    Pre & Post Academy Schedule
    Then Regular Schedule and AWS for Rookies
    How long before joining any teams.
    How is the moral and management there.

and what area is best to live for a guy with the family.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      same questions about Seattle if anyone can help, thanks much
  • N.N.
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2018

Has anyone actually been able to take the polygraph during the shutdown? I know a few people have been scheduled, and cancelled. I know some people even got emails saying they won't happen until the shut down is over. There was a BPA applicant who actually got to take his last week though, so maybe a things actually are still moving slowly, unless it's just different for Border Patrol.

Comment

• JB411
      JB411 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats my next step and its driving me crazy thinking about that question. I think its a no but I guess there may be special circumstances for some to go through.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't seen anyone do the poly during the shutdown, I was still able to do the SI a few weeks ago though.
  • BFASO
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

I am considering changing jobs, my BI has not been completed yet. Sitting at 38%. Will changing jobs delay the BI or not? Anyone one been in this position before? Would love to hear feedbacks and suggestions.

Comment

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by changing jobs? You mean locations? If you change Locations everything should carry over and cancel out the old app.. Jobs on the other hand, I'm not to sure.
  • Elgin_87
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

If you are going through a BI with your current agency. (BOP does it every 5 years.) Do you think they would use that information for the BI on your CBP hiring process? Just curious.

Comment

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      They do not. I have been with the BOP for 3 years. I am currently 19-2 GS9. I am waiting on my BI to clear. Currently at 63% on CASS

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      nope.........

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks... klocklear86 Wish you the best of luck... I have been in the BOP going on 7 years. 18-2 50%
  • tjcterry2
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

FLETC is on track all class schedules have not missed a beat . We’re just not getting paid. The biggest problem is the FGS! We are loosing an average of 5 per class. If you know you are going to FLETC and you can not run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes start training NOW! So sad to see people going home after all this time

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad to hear it. It was embarrassing when I was down there watching each class coming in after mine get get fatter and more out of shape. If you can't prepare yourself in the year+ it often takes to get to FLETC you deserve to wash out. We only lost one to the FGS but there should have been more. It was impossible to can trainees who deserved canning, is that changing?

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      good people need to train harder 1.5 in 15 isnt crazy

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      tjcterry2 I don't know if you meant it, but your post is very motivating. 1.5m in 15 min isn't crazy. You can go form the couch potato to 1.5 in under 15min in 6-8 weeks. It is very achievable.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      15min when u 1st get there or mid way or by the end or ur fletc training
  • tjcterry2
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

They give you multiple attempts even one 2 days before graduation. They use to send you back to your home port let you return after failure however we were informed by the 1 star school commandant about a month ago that is no longer a guarantee

Comment

• N.N.
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

Putting the Hiring delays aside, I feel really sorry for all the current CBPO's/Fed workers who are having to deal with the shutdown. I have family in the Feds and it's getting tough. Even people who had a month's worth of emergency funds are going to be running low on cash soon. With TSA Officers already starting to quit, it makes you wonder if there's not a critical mass imminent. As soon as more of the essential employees start calling in or quitting and day-to-day life grinds to a halt, I bet the politicians get their crap together real quick.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 is moral worse off in BP than in OFO?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Moral or morale?

The BP has long claimed to be the more moral of the two. Most recent reckonings lean otherwise.

Morale-wise...OFO was created from day one with zero morale. By now, most of OFO is used to lacking it.

The BP took a recent money hit in the aftermath of their AOU abuse scandal. That, among other things, has currently cut much of their morale legs out from under them.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 morale, sorry for the typo ha. Thank you for the info though. I know CBP in general has some of the lowest job satisfaction survey results in the Feds, but wasn't sure if that's more so coming from BP or OFO. It obviously varies from person to person, but I think the working conditions with OFO are undoubtably superior to BP. Better locations, safer working conditions, less physical/grueling work, etc.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not like there is any comprehensive morale measuring stick for either position.

To understand much of it, you really need a comprehensive understanding of much of the past. In part, OFO tends to be older, have more work experience, more likely to have a college degree and more likely to be female or a minority other than Hispanic. That tends to lean OFO towards being less impulsive, less enthusiastic towards the job. OFO tends to work to live versus live to work more than the BP.

OFO tends to have better mobility as well...which helps. Unlike the BP, which has almost 90% of their people on/near the Mexican border, OFO has 70+% of it's people of the southern border and thousands working urban areas like JFK, Miami, Chicago, etc.

One man's meat is another man's poison though...so it really depends on what an individual needs from the agency to make him happy.
    • tjcterry2
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2018

ES90 it’s pretty sad in my opinion I’m 49 years old and I can run circles around half my class not trying to judge anyone but after the first test we had 5MONTHS! Some are working out twice a day and are gonna make it however I have witnessed some who need to make up 6, 7 minutes out partying every weekend bragging about the nice restaurants they visited in Jacksonville and Savannah. now they are getting serious about working out but we only have 4 weeks left I’m helping many of them run every morning but it doesn’t look good for some

Comment

• cepstein93
        cepstein93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be a stupid question but, do they do the test once at the start and then the final one right before graduation? What confuses me is that most people know MONTHS in advance about the time! I know I'm not a great runner but I've gotten down to 16 min 1.5 mile and I'm hoping by the time I graduate in July i'll be at the 15 min mark!
    • tjcterry2
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2018

Yeah your good! we did one when we got here another mid way and we have the final on the 29th of January if you fail that you retake again a week later if you fail that one you get one last chance 2 days before graduation which is February 19 we had one girl in our session finished the first run in21 minutes she worked her but off and she is down to 15:30 right now so she is gonna make it. I mean how bad do you want your job? And what are you willing to do to get it. The push up is another issue you must to 25 CORRECT push ups

Comment

• Blacpearl1978
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2019

Does anyone knows the policy on facial hair?

Comment

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Up to an inch for the officers none for the agents. I believe that is the policy. Must be neat too.. Blacpearl1978
      • Blacpearl1978
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2019

Thx Elgin_87

Comment

• MrAce
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

When in the academy at what point do they do the physical fitness test with the 1.5 Mile run etc... how many chances do you have to do it and what are the standards?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12085 users online. 74 members and 12011 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...