300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by striza View Post
    SPX The center that handles that portion of on boarding is shut down. They are part of cbp/dhs, although it's human resources they are affected by the government shutdown. If you miss the call and email they will leave a voicemail.
    Damn... yeah it even has a notice on their website.

"Lapse in Federal Funding Impact on CBP Website Operations Notice

NOTICE: Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. This website was last updated on December 21, 2018 and will not be updated until after funding is enacted. As such, information on this website may not be up to date. Transactions submitted via this website might not be processed and we will not be able to respond to inquiries until after appropriations are enacted."
    19-2

@ 38%

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019 (In Progress)
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019

Comment

• Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year!

Comment

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        happy new year!

• I just received an email reminder today for my BP SI so I guess they are still working & it's a go. Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        That seems very odd... they sent a Hiring Process email not only during a Govt. shutdown, but on a Federal Holiday? I can’t imagine any of those people would be at work today. Also, I spoke with my recruiter who said all recruiting/hiring for CBP is on hold during the shutdown. Are you sure it wasn’t an automated email?

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Actually I am not sure but the SI is in 3 days so it very well could've been automatic. I forgot what today was already.

• cbradshaw310
        cbradshaw310 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have my CBP SI this friday(1/4) and I received an email yesterday as a reminder. I really hope I don't show up after taking off work and they don't do it.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        cbradshaw310 I hope they do too because I called off as well.

• Currently have my SI scheduled for 1/14 down here in Houston.. does anyone know if these appointments are still ongoing with the shutdown?

Comment

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Its still a go as far as I know pvrris, you will get an automatic reminder email from them as it gets closer

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thank you so much and good luck on your SI.

• Yes, I would like to know as well because I have my SI scheduled for 1/9. I called the number in the email, but no one answers. Please if anyone knows any information about it I will be greatly appreciative.

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried emailing to no avail, only thing I can say is I'll let you know what happened when I go in to take my SI on the 4th.

• Rio956
        Rio956 commented
        Editing a comment
        They canceled my poly :/

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rio956 Did they send an email or call you to say that. How did you find that information out.

• Rio956
        Rio956 commented
        Editing a comment
        The person who was doing my poly had emailed me with my appointment date for the 2nd. On the 31st he emailed me that if the shutdown was still going on by the 2nd my appointment would be canceled without any additional notification. If it was reopened by then it would still take place.

• Anyone have an idea of what the physical fitness test in FLETC consists of for CBPO? How about the firearm qualifications?

Comment

• Congress and POTUS really need to get their heads out of their butts and figure out a compromise to re-open the Govt. For someone like me, if there's anything that makes a 7 month wait for poly scheduling worse, it's knowing that you're not even getting any closer to it every day the shutdown continues. Not to mention there are people who had to work over the holidays and not get a paycheck.

Not to get political, but the whole thing is stupid from both sides. One side is refusing to allocate 0.1% of the entire annual budget for "the wall", while POTUS is essentially allowing OFO/BP/ICE hiring to come to a halt, even though that's supposedly a major priority. Nobody's benefiting from this nonsense and everybody's hurting.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. The academy got a waiver to countiune but the pre-academies at ports are up in the air, I'm talking to someone that works at Newark and he said all the people that run Pre-academy training are now being forced to work in the Airport during the shutdown, so its up in the air if anyone is EODing.....

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if there’d be a way to get in touch with a Supervisor at your EOD port, they would be essential so they would be at work, and they would probably know the official word if they’re taking EODs or not.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. People are two weeks out and haven't even gotten the emails with instructions with a supervisor to contact lol, some people have already tried to contact the ports and the office phones are down apparently.

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is crazy , I haven’t received anything either and I’m supposed to leave in a few weeks for my EOD. I spoke to HR before the govt shutdown about my final letter being send. He said that they was finishing up the class before mines, and about this shutdown he didn’t know how it was going to be effect.

• Lol the entitlement...everything is you you you...plenty of other people going through the same and worse..SMFH...no one owesyou anything sir......i have to work mandatory overtime/holidays and I'm not being paid(current fed)..as well as having my BI delayed....im not on here bitching....once you get that through your skull you'll be a much better person...
      Last edited by Evolution81; 01-02-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• investigator called my wife today..So they're still working!

Comment

• Anybody know if CBP medical is still working and processing?

Comment

• fsi1212
            fsi1212 commented
            Editing a comment
            When were they ever?

• I’m CBP 18-13 in Detroit. Still waiting for my medical to clear. At first they called me to say I didn’t even show up. I informed them I had and it was cleared up a week later. I wish I would get cleared for it. Still waiting to hear from BI and Poly. When I went for SI and they took my finger prints I was told it would be several months before I took the polygraph because there just weren’t enough people to administer the test. I’m hopeful I’ll be done with the process by next October, but I’m staying patient. I enjoy my current job and can wait.

Comment

• Hassaf92
            Hassaf92 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am CBPO 18-9 in Detroit, and I passed my SI August 14th, still waiting on Poly and BI, so its going to be a while. Patience is key for everything. Eventually the time will come.

• Luckyjack90
            Luckyjack90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I was in the same boat where they marked me as a no show even though I did.

• xanwal
            xanwal commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad I posted just. Gives me an idea of what the process timing has been for others in Detroit. Have you guys been cleared for your medical yet? If so how long did it take?

• Hassaf92
            Hassaf92 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I took my medical exam , it took about 6 weeks to get my results back, but unfortunately they needed more information regarding a foot injury that I had (even though it was just a stupid sprain) .When that happens it will take them forever to clear it! It took them about addition 17 weeks... so basically pray that they don’t need any more info passed your initial examination, or you will be up for a long wait!
            Best of luck!

• Lets be honest, I think everyone following the page is tired of hearing the same people moan and groan about the same thing. We dont want to hear about the Government Closing (noone really knows whats going on and whose actually working and if this really puts a damper on the process...the process is already a big thorn in the side already), we dont want to hear about the how long you are stuck in one phase....its getting really annoying on how many people complain about the same thing. Whats really annoying is i may have to work with some of these cry babies.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Finding a reason to complain about something is pretty much endemic everywhere in the federal government.

If Trump came out tomorrow and gave every federal employee a treasure chest filled with gold, 90% of workers would then complain about how much all that gold weighs.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            i served in the Army, i get the complaining. I just dont know why everyone has to put the complaining on repeat for weeks on out.

You're comment is 100% accurate tho hahah

• Just received call confirmation that they are still working & my scheduled SI for BP tomorrow will happen as scheduled. Now sure of my poly on the 31st just yet.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, I thought everything was shut down...

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been noticing that the only thing actually shutdown during the shutdown is us getting paid. Otherwise it seems that nothing else is effected. Hiring functions are still happening, FLETC is still in session...

• You know what makes me mad. I gotta pee so bad. I've been holding it for hours. I know some of you only wait minutes to go. Now with the highway being shutdown I have to wait even longer. What did you guys do e you waited? Is there anyone I can contact? I can't wait any longer. This shutdown is killing me!!!!

Comment

• Do you guys know if I could apply for the Border Patrol if I have a current CBP application?

Comment

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied to BPA also and tested in November but no results yet.

• bvalle300935
              bvalle300935 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah the waiting kind of sucks. But part of the process. I applied in May of 2017 and still in the process. Didnt really bother them but a few months back I called the actual recruiting office near me and they were surprised I had been waiting for that long and they called the hiring center who told them that my application was closed because I didnt send additional medical paperwork (which I did) but in the app it showed it was opened. I just reemailed the paperwork and they calles a week later for the poly and to send fingerprints card. Now i want to give BP a shot.

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied in May 2017 also

• Alexr3496
              Alexr3496 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting, I just took my exam yesterday for BP. Waiting on medical and drug for CBPO. I'm hoping that applying to BP might even make the process faster...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8485 users online. 306 members and 8179 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X