Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t find an answer to this in the forums but does CBPO at JFK Airport have somewhere where they can change into their uniforms before after a shift at the airport? While I was at my local academy, we had to come in with our gear on so I used to wear a sport jersey to cover up my uniform, but once we was assigned to our local precinct it was a different story. We came in plainclothes and utilized the lockers, showers etc so I was wondering if Customs at the airport was similar?

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Ozonewarrior2016 I wouldnt count on that EOD next month at this rate, I have a friend that suppose to EOD at Newark beginning of January and still hasn't even gotten the confirmation email. He called the port today and no one answered. If this shutdown effects the next academy, expect it to push you back

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP somewhat encourages things like the wearing of cover shirts while traveling to/from work and discourages things like off-duty wear of "tactical" and law enforcement themed apparel and accessories, identifiers like blue-line vehicle decals, and mostly anything else that identifies a person with CBP or law enforcement while off-duty.

How that actually works in real life...that's often a different tale.

Cover shirts/jackets are often handy. Not everyone knows of the work that CBPOs do and we are often dragged into situations that really have nothing to do with us...but were created by other federal/state/local law enforcement.

• zFinest
      zFinest commented
      Editing a comment
      JFK has locker rooms in each terminal.

• OzoneWarrior2016
      OzoneWarrior2016 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply. I’m supposed to start my EOD at JFK in 2 weeks but I haven’t heard back from HR? I call the phone number the person provided to me when I got the call, but it’s just a voicemail message from Homeland Security asking to leave your applicant id or ssn number and someone from CBP Agriculture/ CBP HR will contact you back. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
      Last edited by OzoneWarrior2016; 01-03-2019, 01:13 PM.

• Originally posted by MrAce View Post
    What does the average day look like for CBP Officer stationed in an international airport?
    Busy.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Well, looks like the shutdown is on for at least another week, and by that point, we’ll have a new congress which probably will mean even more gridlock...

Then of course, knowing how CBP hiring works, it’ll take them weeks to “catch up” even after a bill is signed which means it’s likely none of us will see progress for a month or more. I’ve already been waiting 7 months for my poly, so hey, what’s another one or two more gonna hurt??

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going out on a limb to say my BP SI 1/4/19 will more than likely be postponed & possibly my CBPO Poly 1/31/19 as well. Right when things are moving a government shutdown happens lol.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        DP23 I don't think it will, CBP got a waiver for the academy to keep running and from what I understand contractors for CBP are still working and the poly is done by contractors. I got emailed by my BI investigator on Wednesday that they were starting my BI. You might be hosed on the SI though as that is actually done by CBP staff but maybe not who knows

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 Thanks for that info, I'll send out an email in the morning to try & get confirmation. If I had to pick I'll take the poly over SI any day of the week. No big deal if SI gets postponed.

• So just to keep everyone updated... As lots of you may have read my post before, I took my polygraph on*November 9th 2018 and was told verbally passed. I didn't hear anything from them until December 16th 2018 telling me I have to retake it and was scheduled for January 7th 2019 for the retake. NOW! I was emailed on December 21st 2018 that Quality Control Branch has requested additional polygraph testing and that I will be contacted in the next several weeks in order to schedule further testing. I emailed them back saying thank you for the information and that the examiner had already contacted me for January 7th 2018. The OPR emailed back asking the name of the examiner in which I emailed him the name of the examiner. The OPR then emailed me back saying that "Unfortunately, your exam with Mr. BlaBlaBla has been reassigned to another examiner. You will be contacted in the near future for scheduling." LIKE WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!! WOW!! Now I don't have a date scheduled and I'm back in the waiting game with the Polygraph...

Anyone has any feedback for me PLEASE......?

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the shutdown has them reshifting things to people that are still working during the shutdown.

I got an email on Wednesday stating my BI investigator had changed and listed the name of the new investigator.

What prolly happened is the person that was doing your polygraph isnt working during the shutdown, the person now assigned to you is.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        All the bi managers are reassigned once you recertify your equip kev

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        so I got this email on January 4th, 2019... I hope all these gets back to normal soon....

"Due to the government shutdown and furloughs, we need to reschedule your polygraph examination. The government will contact you to reschedule your exam. We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message.

Thanks for your quick response."

• Honestly the shutdown needs to end. Next week the dems take over the house and the offer for the budget may no longer be there. At least get funding for border security. Because right now this is not helping anyone. Only making matters worse.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        If only common sense was common bro...that won't happen everyone has a B's point to try and prove..bunch of grown *** kids

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        In other news Trump just threaten to completely close the southern border if the wall is not funded. Claiming it would be a "profit making operation".to close the border.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear that. It's a tug of war that leads to nowhere. It's just the workers that get punished as well as the citizens.

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero with the amount of money mexico milks from the U.S. economy, it would be a "profit making operation."

• Hey guys! I applied to CBP JFK last month.
      I already did my medical, and fitness is next week.

I wanted to know, what is the base salary without locality pay? and whats the pay WITH locality pay for a GS-5?

I work for TSA currently.

Comment

• So I haven't been on in a while and submitted my medical due to them wanting more info. Can the Poly come anytime and if I miss the call will they at least leave a message?

**Since writing this 30 mins ago I passed the medical...
      Last edited by JB411; 12-28-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Who knows, it’s been 7 months since I passed my SI, going on 3 months since I got final sign off on my medical, and still no poly in sight for me. Though other people have literally gotten the call to schedule their poly before they’d even completed their SI. It’s basically a lottery, like every other step in the process. There’s no rhyme, reason, or explanation for anybody’s timeline or wait periods between steps. Basically just whatever the Hiring Center feels like.
        Last edited by N.N.; 12-29-2018, 07:15 PM.

• I applied to CBP and asked to reschedule my fitness test because I have work that day and haven’t heard back even though I messaged the day I got the email scheduling it from them. My big question is if I just no show do I still have the opportunity to have a retake of the fitness exam?

additionally if I don’t show up and have to reschedule do I still get to go to the structured interview?

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you try reaching out to CBP or CHS? Unfortunately, nobody from CBP is probably going to be able to get back with you until the partial shutdown is resolved.

• Anyone have any info on what the shifts are at Dulles, VA? Thanks

Comment

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        i would like to know also. I left a voicemail choosing Virginia the weekend before the Shutdown occurred.

Last edited by MrAce; 12-30-2018, 01:29 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck_Macdonald View Post
        I applied to CBP and asked to reschedule my fitness test because I have work that day and haven’t heard back even though I messaged the day I got the email scheduling it from them. My big question is if I just no show do I still have the opportunity to have a retake of the fitness exam?

additionally if I don’t show up and have to reschedule do I still get to go to the structured interview?
        Book off from work to take the test dude, you have limited time. I had to take mine half way through my vacation and drive 2 hours from my hotel. They were nice enough to schedule it in the state I was vacationing in. Gotta make sacrifices if you want the job man

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          This x100 I had been scheduled with one day notice for my first polygraph I made sure to drop everything I'm doing and go to it. Had to take a 2nd polygraph and it was another short notice one with less then a week, made sure to drop what I was doing and go to that.

Every time they gave me an option to schedule something I always picked the first date available.

When they emailed saying I had to get fingerprints redone and that they were sending me cards the day I got them in the mail I went to my local police station got them done then payed 25 bucks for one day shipping and emailed CBP with the tracking number lol.

When I had to resubmit my e-qip I finished it within the hour I got the email and emailed them back. Everything thats been within my power I have done as soon as possible.

When I took my 2nd polygraph the examiner told me I passed but that it was up to OPR on whether they accepted the results and that I might have to retest. I literally told him thats fine I would stay all night here getting questioned if I had to, he laughed but I was dead serious lol.

• I applied a CBPO position in November (19-2).

I passed my Entrance Exam and got my NOR on 12/13/18.
        I got tentatively selected (GS-5) and finished my onboarding credentials as well on 12/19/18.

I haven't received an e-mail to start my e-QIP.

I'm guessing this is because of the shutdown? I'm paranoid if I missed an e-mail.

Can anyone confirm?
        Thanks.
        CBPO 19-2
        @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
        Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• striza
          striza commented
          Editing a comment
          do you use gmail ?

• cbradshaw310
          cbradshaw310 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here's how it has gone for me. I applied to CBPO position(19-3) December 5th.

Received NOR after passing exam - 12/10/18
          Tentatively selected 12/14/18
          Scheduled Medical 12/24/18 (done)
          Received E-QIP email 12/19 (finished 12/26)
          Scheduled SI 1/4/19

I am really hoping my SI is still on for Friday(1/4). I received a reminder email yesterday, but that could just be automated. I had to take off from work and it's not easy to do with my job.

• Briscora
          Briscora commented
          Editing a comment
          I also applied to 19-2

I had my medical on the 26th and my SI is scheduled for the 17th.

• LB_Cornhusker
          LB_Cornhusker commented
          Editing a comment
          Also applied to 19-3. Was tentatively selected and completed onboarding on 12/21, but there's been no further communication and no updates on the CBP mobile app.

• SPX The center that handles that portion of on boarding is shut down. They are part of cbp/dhs, although it's human resources they are affected by the government shutdown. If you miss the call and email they will leave a voicemail.

Comment

• After 8 of months of waiting to get scheduled, I finally got my date for my Poly in 2 weeks. After an overall 13 month process so far, watch i fail it haha.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            RJ_Jersey I got hired by CBP my EOD is May 6th my port is Newark, I tried to do a police academy in NJ but my only option was the alternate route, since I wasn't able to take the last civil service exam ( I was still in the Army at FT Lewis WA) I went through the process for the alternate route (Camden County alt route) and would of made it but I had to bow out during the PT test because my cousins family member passed away the week of the PT test and the funeral happened to be the day of the PT Test (Saturday).

I dunno if I'll make this years civil service exam as I'll be at FLETC and it will be cutting it close.

• Canitellyou
            Canitellyou commented
            Editing a comment
            Were you stuck in medical review?
            Good luck!

• Thatguy7
            Thatguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            RJ_Jersey Im just waiting on background to clear, last I met with my investigator was November November 27 and he said he was done with his part. so waiting game again bro.

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
          Who knows, it’s been 7 months since I passed my SI, going on 3 months since I got final sign off on my medical, and still no poly in sight for me. Though other people have literally gotten the call to schedule their poly before they’d even completed their SI. It’s basically a lottery, like every other step in the process. There’s no rhyme, reason, or explanation for anybody’s timeline or wait periods between steps. Basically just whatever the Hiring Center feels like.
          I completed my Interview in May and just got the email for my Poly today. The struggle is real lol

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sent you a PM brother

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 173 members and 5766 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X