Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied to CBP and asked to reschedule my fitness test because I have work that day and haven’t heard back even though I messaged the day I got the email scheduling it from them. My big question is if I just no show do I still have the opportunity to have a retake of the fitness exam?

additionally if I don’t show up and have to reschedule do I still get to go to the structured interview?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you try reaching out to CBP or CHS? Unfortunately, nobody from CBP is probably going to be able to get back with you until the partial shutdown is resolved.

• Anyone have any info on what the shifts are at Dulles, VA? Thanks

Comment

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      i would like to know also. I left a voicemail choosing Virginia the weekend before the Shutdown occurred.

Last edited by MrAce; 12-30-2018, 01:29 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck_Macdonald View Post
      I applied to CBP and asked to reschedule my fitness test because I have work that day and haven’t heard back even though I messaged the day I got the email scheduling it from them. My big question is if I just no show do I still have the opportunity to have a retake of the fitness exam?

additionally if I don’t show up and have to reschedule do I still get to go to the structured interview?
      Book off from work to take the test dude, you have limited time. I had to take mine half way through my vacation and drive 2 hours from my hotel. They were nice enough to schedule it in the state I was vacationing in. Gotta make sacrifices if you want the job man

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        This x100 I had been scheduled with one day notice for my first polygraph I made sure to drop everything I'm doing and go to it. Had to take a 2nd polygraph and it was another short notice one with less then a week, made sure to drop what I was doing and go to that.

Every time they gave me an option to schedule something I always picked the first date available.

When they emailed saying I had to get fingerprints redone and that they were sending me cards the day I got them in the mail I went to my local police station got them done then payed 25 bucks for one day shipping and emailed CBP with the tracking number lol.

When I had to resubmit my e-qip I finished it within the hour I got the email and emailed them back. Everything thats been within my power I have done as soon as possible.

When I took my 2nd polygraph the examiner told me I passed but that it was up to OPR on whether they accepted the results and that I might have to retest. I literally told him thats fine I would stay all night here getting questioned if I had to, he laughed but I was dead serious lol.

• I applied a CBPO position in November (19-2).

I passed my Entrance Exam and got my NOR on 12/13/18.
      I got tentatively selected (GS-5) and finished my onboarding credentials as well on 12/19/18.

I haven't received an e-mail to start my e-QIP.

I'm guessing this is because of the shutdown? I'm paranoid if I missed an e-mail.

Can anyone confirm?
      Thanks.
      CBPO 19-2
      @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
      Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        do you use gmail ?

• cbradshaw310
        cbradshaw310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's how it has gone for me. I applied to CBPO position(19-3) December 5th.

Received NOR after passing exam - 12/10/18
        Tentatively selected 12/14/18
        Scheduled Medical 12/24/18 (done)
        Received E-QIP email 12/19 (finished 12/26)
        Scheduled SI 1/4/19

I am really hoping my SI is still on for Friday(1/4). I received a reminder email yesterday, but that could just be automated. I had to take off from work and it's not easy to do with my job.

• Briscora
        Briscora commented
        Editing a comment
        I also applied to 19-2

I had my medical on the 26th and my SI is scheduled for the 17th.

• LB_Cornhusker
        LB_Cornhusker commented
        Editing a comment
        Also applied to 19-3. Was tentatively selected and completed onboarding on 12/21, but there's been no further communication and no updates on the CBP mobile app.

• SPX The center that handles that portion of on boarding is shut down. They are part of cbp/dhs, although it's human resources they are affected by the government shutdown. If you miss the call and email they will leave a voicemail.

Comment

• After 8 of months of waiting to get scheduled, I finally got my date for my Poly in 2 weeks. After an overall 13 month process so far, watch i fail it haha.

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          RJ_Jersey I got hired by CBP my EOD is May 6th my port is Newark, I tried to do a police academy in NJ but my only option was the alternate route, since I wasn't able to take the last civil service exam ( I was still in the Army at FT Lewis WA) I went through the process for the alternate route (Camden County alt route) and would of made it but I had to bow out during the PT test because my cousins family member passed away the week of the PT test and the funeral happened to be the day of the PT Test (Saturday).

I dunno if I'll make this years civil service exam as I'll be at FLETC and it will be cutting it close.

• Canitellyou
          Canitellyou commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you stuck in medical review?
          Good luck!

• Thatguy7
          Thatguy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          RJ_Jersey Im just waiting on background to clear, last I met with my investigator was November November 27 and he said he was done with his part. so waiting game again bro.

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
        Who knows, it’s been 7 months since I passed my SI, going on 3 months since I got final sign off on my medical, and still no poly in sight for me. Though other people have literally gotten the call to schedule their poly before they’d even completed their SI. It’s basically a lottery, like every other step in the process. There’s no rhyme, reason, or explanation for anybody’s timeline or wait periods between steps. Basically just whatever the Hiring Center feels like.
        I completed my Interview in May and just got the email for my Poly today. The struggle is real lol

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent you a PM brother

• Originally posted by striza View Post
        SPX The center that handles that portion of on boarding is shut down. They are part of cbp/dhs, although it's human resources they are affected by the government shutdown. If you miss the call and email they will leave a voicemail.
        Damn... yeah it even has a notice on their website.

"Lapse in Federal Funding Impact on CBP Website Operations Notice

NOTICE: Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. This website was last updated on December 21, 2018 and will not be updated until after funding is enacted. As such, information on this website may not be up to date. Transactions submitted via this website might not be processed and we will not be able to respond to inquiries until after appropriations are enacted."
        CBPO 19-2
        @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
        Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year!

Comment

• D.Brown
            D.Brown commented
            Editing a comment
            happy new year!

• I just received an email reminder today for my BP SI so I guess they are still working & it's a go. Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            That seems very odd... they sent a Hiring Process email not only during a Govt. shutdown, but on a Federal Holiday? I can’t imagine any of those people would be at work today. Also, I spoke with my recruiter who said all recruiting/hiring for CBP is on hold during the shutdown. Are you sure it wasn’t an automated email?

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. Actually I am not sure but the SI is in 3 days so it very well could've been automatic. I forgot what today was already.

• cbradshaw310
            cbradshaw310 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have my CBP SI this friday(1/4) and I received an email yesterday as a reminder. I really hope I don't show up after taking off work and they don't do it.

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            cbradshaw310 I hope they do too because I called off as well.

• Currently have my SI scheduled for 1/14 down here in Houston.. does anyone know if these appointments are still ongoing with the shutdown?

Comment

• TonyJones
            TonyJones commented
            Editing a comment
            Its still a go as far as I know pvrris, you will get an automatic reminder email from them as it gets closer

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok thank you so much and good luck on your SI.

• Yes, I would like to know as well because I have my SI scheduled for 1/9. I called the number in the email, but no one answers. Please if anyone knows any information about it I will be greatly appreciative.

Comment

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried emailing to no avail, only thing I can say is I'll let you know what happened when I go in to take my SI on the 4th.

• Rio956
            Rio956 commented
            Editing a comment
            They canceled my poly :/

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rio956 Did they send an email or call you to say that. How did you find that information out.

• Rio956
            Rio956 commented
            Editing a comment
            The person who was doing my poly had emailed me with my appointment date for the 2nd. On the 31st he emailed me that if the shutdown was still going on by the 2nd my appointment would be canceled without any additional notification. If it was reopened by then it would still take place.

• Anyone have an idea of what the physical fitness test in FLETC consists of for CBPO? How about the firearm qualifications?

Comment

• Congress and POTUS really need to get their heads out of their butts and figure out a compromise to re-open the Govt. For someone like me, if there's anything that makes a 7 month wait for poly scheduling worse, it's knowing that you're not even getting any closer to it every day the shutdown continues. Not to mention there are people who had to work over the holidays and not get a paycheck.

Not to get political, but the whole thing is stupid from both sides. One side is refusing to allocate 0.1% of the entire annual budget for "the wall", while POTUS is essentially allowing OFO/BP/ICE hiring to come to a halt, even though that's supposedly a major priority. Nobody's benefiting from this nonsense and everybody's hurting.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. The academy got a waiver to countiune but the pre-academies at ports are up in the air, I'm talking to someone that works at Newark and he said all the people that run Pre-academy training are now being forced to work in the Airport during the shutdown, so its up in the air if anyone is EODing.....

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder if there’d be a way to get in touch with a Supervisor at your EOD port, they would be essential so they would be at work, and they would probably know the official word if they’re taking EODs or not.

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. People are two weeks out and haven't even gotten the emails with instructions with a supervisor to contact lol, some people have already tried to contact the ports and the office phones are down apparently.

• Far16
            Far16 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is crazy , I haven’t received anything either and I’m supposed to leave in a few weeks for my EOD. I spoke to HR before the govt shutdown about my final letter being send. He said that they was finishing up the class before mines, and about this shutdown he didn’t know how it was going to be effect.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7149 users online. 361 members and 6788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X