300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.Brown

dude i have no clue hahaha. Hawaii is expensive as $&@! But who cares. It’s hawaii. Just pitch a tent by some trees with a nice ocean view

Comment

• KevinMO91

i think I’m gonna decline and wait for the other opening for more options. She said I can always chose Otay Mesa or Nogales with the other opening anyway. So I figure why not wait. She’s gonna call me Wednesday. I’ll get more answers. Everyone needs to stop with this government shutdown. Lol.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey the shutdown is is a real concern. These offices wont be running I asked TSU when I got the call. So best case scenario is that everything freezes in place and resumes just as it was before the shutdown but youd be crazy not to be concerned if your considering a job with CBP. Even people with offers are gonna see their EODs get pushed back.

• Well, it looks like the shutdown is a-go at this point. Then with the holidays, I doubt anyone will see progress with CBP hiring until 2019. Congrats to everyone who got "The Call" today! Y'all may be the last of us for awhile lol.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        The shutdown is almost 100 percent at this point, the hope is that it's over by the end of the weekend.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 that would be nice, although it doesn't seem either side is willing to cave. The President is insistent on funding for the border wall, but Democrats say that's a deal breaker. Seems like a pretty significant impasse until one side gives in. It'd be nice if they came to a compromise that included boosting CBP Hiring abilities and specific earmarks to speed up the hiring process to get officers/agents on the front line lol.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. well the government shutdown happened, House just adjourned without signing anything, they wont meet again until tomorrow at noon. So the shutdown is happening now.

• Shutdown is in full effect, Senate met today and made no progress, the next meeting isn't until Dec. 27th so don't expect any application progress at all this week. (Not like there was gonna be much to begin with on Christmas week)
      Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-22-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• I reapplied to an announcement for a specific port and then had to put the hiring on military hold. I received the tentative Offer and had to take 6 months off. Hopefully, that still means I have that port. All I have left is to resubmit the eqip when they release it to me and the polygraph.

Comment

• Quick question, did anyone with uncorrected vision worse than 20/100 were able to get a medical waiver and pass the medical? I'm thinking about applying but I don't want to go through the whole process just to be told no because of my uncorrected vision is worse than 20/100. My corrected vision is 20/20 with soft contact lenses.

Comment

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I did mine, my uncorrected vision was basically blind but still passed because I told them I use contacts and glasses which correct to 20/20. I ended up getting lasik but yea.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            you just have to have corrected vision

• Rmalard just curious what was your disability for. I'm curious as I see a lot but nobody says.

Comment

• Do CBPO and BPA have the same medical requirements? More in regards to vision?

Comment

• Do CBPO and BPA have the same medical requirements? More in regards to vision?

Comment

• Plus, the 24th and 25th are Fed Holidays
                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• how are you 18-8 boys looking

Comment

• Luckyjack90
                    Luckyjack90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    V_AntCBP is that sarcasm or do you really have a EOD date?

• V_AntCBP
                    V_AntCBP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Luckyjack90 no eod man, I was joking, Im still waiting on poly...

• NoSlack898
                    NoSlack898 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just waiting for Drug and BI VRA signed Provisional SWB

• Hou33guy
                    Hou33guy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    18-8vra still waiting for med to clesr, additional info due sep25th, turned in sept 17th

• Does anyone know if any poly scheduling continues during the shutdown? I know CBP utilizes some contract agencies for polys so if they’re non-gov workers I’d guess some of them would still be operating.

Comment

• KevinMO91
                    KevinMO91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    N.N. Yup what Hal29 said. Interestingly though the academy is still running at the moment though. A few people at the other forum have stated they got calls stating at least for the moment the academy will still be running won't know for sure until Thursday.

If a deal is magically made and agreed upon tomorrow, the fastest the government shutdown can end is on Thursday. Unfortunately, whatever day they do make a deal, they won't vote on it until a 24 hour notice is given in advance, so if a deal is made tomorrow don't expect the government to open until Thursday etc etc.

Reading into this, I think this shutdown is going to go well into January. The Democrats have no reason to cave into Trump. As when they take over the house in January they are the only ones that are going to be able to pass any kind of budget legislation for the Senate to even vote on. They have no reason to end this as soon as possible while Republicans still control the house...in fact its better for them to draw this out....it makes Trump look worse and once they have the house they pretty much control everything IE the house and senate as 60 votes are required for budget so without them the republican senate majority means nothing...

The worst part is don't expect works to magically appear back for work the same day government reopens expect at least a day later after the government reopens for any application progress.

• merlin436
                    merlin436 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup. It's clear both Schumer and Pelosi have orchestrated this shutdown and support keeping this shutdown going as long as it takes to get to a Democratic takeover of the House and to further every sort of obstructionism towards Trump, the wall, and pretty much everything else Trump supports.

It's a sad and harsh reality but this isn't the first shutdown where Democrats have put their own welfare and the welfare of fringe special interest groups and liberal puppetmasters over the welfare of the American people and common sense interest.

• Dcherise18088
                    Dcherise18088 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Eh, Unless there's a clause specifically citing that the contractor will not continue hiring efforts during a shut down, they typically do continue to work. I was a contractor in Korea during a shut down and we were still authorized to work even though funded by a federal agency. In fact, the reason why we were authorized to work is because we were contractors. It's the loophole to make sure things continue to run regardless of what's going on in the federal realm.

But I'm not sure what the contractor is responsible for in the hiring process, so depending on that, we're likely still stalled. Fun stuff.

• N.N.
                    N.N. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like anything is changing anytime soon. We may be in for a long haul now.

• Unless the shutdown ends before the 1st and McConnell goes with the nuclear option which then you don't need a majority vote in the Senate. I know trump was pushing for that as it has already passed the house.

Comment

• KevinMO91
                    KevinMO91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Won't happen Sen. Flake and a few other Republican sen's already said they aren't voting unless it's mutual. So McConnell won't even have the Republican majority votes to enact a fillabuster sadly

• merlin436
                    merlin436 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Personally, that's a genie that I wouldn't want let out of the bottle. Remember when Democrats wielded what they called "the Constitutional Option" and forced federal court seats filled by simple majority Senate votes?

It's only a matter of time before the Democrats regain a slim majority back into the Senate. If they have the nuclear option, they will use it without hesitation or consideration and they will pass every fringe law they can to support their radical base and the welfare of the extremist special interest individuals/groups that are the puppet-masters of today's Democratic party.

There are many good reasons to embrace the notion of a super-majority vote. It largely keeps the moonbat and the wingnuts from too much power and forces everyone towards moderation and centristism.

• The hiring process must be moving forward I just got emailed by my investigator that they are starting the field portion of my BI I also have to recertify my e-qip, so they must be at least doing the field portions of the BI still.

Comment

• Evolution81
                    Evolution81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hal I know this is my 8th investigation...opm from what I understand is responsible for the background/ some opm investigators work for the feds others are contract...but my question to Kev is wether there is someone still active in the hiring investigations sending emails.... Or is it an automated email

• raudy06
                    raudy06 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hal29 my BI was not done by a 3rd party, here in NJ they have about 8 investigators internally from CBP that handle the whole state(at least that is what he told me), he showed me his ID and all and it said DHS/CBP no other 3rd party company names.

• Hal29
                    Hal29 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Raudy my investigator showed me his credentials and it was for dhs as well. But what he told me is him and his firm work for dhs they are a 3rd party hired firm. Maybe cbp does their own bi but never heard of that. At least not in the field portion. But I've been wrong several times before.

• Hal29
                    Hal29 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Evolution my bad. Misread your post. On that I can't help you on as my bi is completed. All though I have not heard anything in 4 months.

• What does the average day look like for CBP Officer stationed in an international airport?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
                    1RidgeRunner7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ES90 what do you mean by a team?

• raudy06
                    raudy06 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1RidgeRunner7 he probably means a specialized unit ex: K9 or something like that.

• ES90
                    ES90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't like mentioning specifics on open forums, but once you put in your time it opens up opportunities within the immigration and baggage environment. That will get you off primary. K9 is actually a separate job title within OFO.

• 1RidgeRunner7
                    1RidgeRunner7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wasn't sure. I've never seen or heard of any specialized units in CBP. I have seen TSA K9, I think. I assumed investigation units are ran strictly by ICE.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8361 users online. 336 members and 8025 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X