Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do CBPO and BPA have the same medical requirements? More in regards to vision?

Comment

• Do CBPO and BPA have the same medical requirements? More in regards to vision?

Comment

• Plus, the 24th and 25th are Fed Holidays
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• how are you 18-8 boys looking

Comment

• Luckyjack90
            Luckyjack90 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP is that sarcasm or do you really have a EOD date?

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Luckyjack90 no eod man, I was joking, Im still waiting on poly...

• NoSlack898
            NoSlack898 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just waiting for Drug and BI VRA signed Provisional SWB

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            18-8vra still waiting for med to clesr, additional info due sep25th, turned in sept 17th

• Does anyone know if any poly scheduling continues during the shutdown? I know CBP utilizes some contract agencies for polys so if they’re non-gov workers I’d guess some of them would still be operating.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. Yup what Hal29 said. Interestingly though the academy is still running at the moment though. A few people at the other forum have stated they got calls stating at least for the moment the academy will still be running won't know for sure until Thursday.

If a deal is magically made and agreed upon tomorrow, the fastest the government shutdown can end is on Thursday. Unfortunately, whatever day they do make a deal, they won't vote on it until a 24 hour notice is given in advance, so if a deal is made tomorrow don't expect the government to open until Thursday etc etc.

Reading into this, I think this shutdown is going to go well into January. The Democrats have no reason to cave into Trump. As when they take over the house in January they are the only ones that are going to be able to pass any kind of budget legislation for the Senate to even vote on. They have no reason to end this as soon as possible while Republicans still control the house...in fact its better for them to draw this out....it makes Trump look worse and once they have the house they pretty much control everything IE the house and senate as 60 votes are required for budget so without them the republican senate majority means nothing...

The worst part is don't expect works to magically appear back for work the same day government reopens expect at least a day later after the government reopens for any application progress.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. It's clear both Schumer and Pelosi have orchestrated this shutdown and support keeping this shutdown going as long as it takes to get to a Democratic takeover of the House and to further every sort of obstructionism towards Trump, the wall, and pretty much everything else Trump supports.

It's a sad and harsh reality but this isn't the first shutdown where Democrats have put their own welfare and the welfare of fringe special interest groups and liberal puppetmasters over the welfare of the American people and common sense interest.

• Dcherise18088
            Dcherise18088 commented
            Editing a comment
            Eh, Unless there's a clause specifically citing that the contractor will not continue hiring efforts during a shut down, they typically do continue to work. I was a contractor in Korea during a shut down and we were still authorized to work even though funded by a federal agency. In fact, the reason why we were authorized to work is because we were contractors. It's the loophole to make sure things continue to run regardless of what's going on in the federal realm.

But I'm not sure what the contractor is responsible for in the hiring process, so depending on that, we're likely still stalled. Fun stuff.

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like anything is changing anytime soon. We may be in for a long haul now.

• Unless the shutdown ends before the 1st and McConnell goes with the nuclear option which then you don't need a majority vote in the Senate. I know trump was pushing for that as it has already passed the house.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Won't happen Sen. Flake and a few other Republican sen's already said they aren't voting unless it's mutual. So McConnell won't even have the Republican majority votes to enact a fillabuster sadly

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally, that's a genie that I wouldn't want let out of the bottle. Remember when Democrats wielded what they called "the Constitutional Option" and forced federal court seats filled by simple majority Senate votes?

It's only a matter of time before the Democrats regain a slim majority back into the Senate. If they have the nuclear option, they will use it without hesitation or consideration and they will pass every fringe law they can to support their radical base and the welfare of the extremist special interest individuals/groups that are the puppet-masters of today's Democratic party.

There are many good reasons to embrace the notion of a super-majority vote. It largely keeps the moonbat and the wingnuts from too much power and forces everyone towards moderation and centristism.

• The hiring process must be moving forward I just got emailed by my investigator that they are starting the field portion of my BI I also have to recertify my e-qip, so they must be at least doing the field portions of the BI still.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Raudy my investigator showed me his credentials and it was for dhs as well. But what he told me is him and his firm work for dhs they are a 3rd party hired firm. Maybe cbp does their own bi but never heard of that. At least not in the field portion. But I've been wrong several times before.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Evolution my bad. Misread your post. On that I can't help you on as my bi is completed. All though I have not heard anything in 4 months.

• Nextrunnerup
            Nextrunnerup commented
            Editing a comment
            KevinMO91 hey Kevin when do you start the academy. Mines 7/1 - 11/5

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nextrunnerup 5/20 to 9/24

• What does the average day look like for CBP Officer stationed in an international airport?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 what do you mean by a team?

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            1RidgeRunner7 he probably means a specialized unit ex: K9 or something like that.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't like mentioning specifics on open forums, but once you put in your time it opens up opportunities within the immigration and baggage environment. That will get you off primary. K9 is actually a separate job title within OFO.

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't sure. I've never seen or heard of any specialized units in CBP. I have seen TSA K9, I think. I assumed investigation units are ran strictly by ICE.

• I can’t find an answer to this in the forums but does CBPO at JFK Airport have somewhere where they can change into their uniforms before after a shift at the airport? While I was at my local academy, we had to come in with our gear on so I used to wear a sport jersey to cover up my uniform, but once we was assigned to our local precinct it was a different story. We came in plainclothes and utilized the lockers, showers etc so I was wondering if Customs at the airport was similar?

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            @Ozonewarrior2016 I wouldnt count on that EOD next month at this rate, I have a friend that suppose to EOD at Newark beginning of January and still hasn't even gotten the confirmation email. He called the port today and no one answered. If this shutdown effects the next academy, expect it to push you back

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            CBP somewhat encourages things like the wearing of cover shirts while traveling to/from work and discourages things like off-duty wear of "tactical" and law enforcement themed apparel and accessories, identifiers like blue-line vehicle decals, and mostly anything else that identifies a person with CBP or law enforcement while off-duty.

How that actually works in real life...that's often a different tale.

Cover shirts/jackets are often handy. Not everyone knows of the work that CBPOs do and we are often dragged into situations that really have nothing to do with us...but were created by other federal/state/local law enforcement.

• zFinest
            zFinest commented
            Editing a comment
            JFK has locker rooms in each terminal.

• OzoneWarrior2016
            OzoneWarrior2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the reply. I’m supposed to start my EOD at JFK in 2 weeks but I haven’t heard back from HR? I call the phone number the person provided to me when I got the call, but it’s just a voicemail message from Homeland Security asking to leave your applicant id or ssn number and someone from CBP Agriculture/ CBP HR will contact you back. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
            Last edited by OzoneWarrior2016; 01-03-2019, 01:13 PM.

• Originally posted by MrAce View Post
          What does the average day look like for CBP Officer stationed in an international airport?
          Busy.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Well, looks like the shutdown is on for at least another week, and by that point, we’ll have a new congress which probably will mean even more gridlock...

Then of course, knowing how CBP hiring works, it’ll take them weeks to “catch up” even after a bill is signed which means it’s likely none of us will see progress for a month or more. I’ve already been waiting 7 months for my poly, so hey, what’s another one or two more gonna hurt??

Comment

• DP23
              DP23 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm going out on a limb to say my BP SI 1/4/19 will more than likely be postponed & possibly my CBPO Poly 1/31/19 as well. Right when things are moving a government shutdown happens lol.

• KevinMO91
              KevinMO91 commented
              Editing a comment
              DP23 I don't think it will, CBP got a waiver for the academy to keep running and from what I understand contractors for CBP are still working and the poly is done by contractors. I got emailed by my BI investigator on Wednesday that they were starting my BI. You might be hosed on the SI though as that is actually done by CBP staff but maybe not who knows

• DP23
              DP23 commented
              Editing a comment
              KevinMO91 Thanks for that info, I'll send out an email in the morning to try & get confirmation. If I had to pick I'll take the poly over SI any day of the week. No big deal if SI gets postponed.

• So just to keep everyone updated... As lots of you may have read my post before, I took my polygraph on*November 9th 2018 and was told verbally passed. I didn't hear anything from them until December 16th 2018 telling me I have to retake it and was scheduled for January 7th 2019 for the retake. NOW! I was emailed on December 21st 2018 that Quality Control Branch has requested additional polygraph testing and that I will be contacted in the next several weeks in order to schedule further testing. I emailed them back saying thank you for the information and that the examiner had already contacted me for January 7th 2018. The OPR emailed back asking the name of the examiner in which I emailed him the name of the examiner. The OPR then emailed me back saying that "Unfortunately, your exam with Mr. BlaBlaBla has been reassigned to another examiner. You will be contacted in the near future for scheduling." LIKE WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!! WOW!! Now I don't have a date scheduled and I'm back in the waiting game with the Polygraph...

Anyone has any feedback for me PLEASE......?

Comment

• KevinMO91
              KevinMO91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the shutdown has them reshifting things to people that are still working during the shutdown.

I got an email on Wednesday stating my BI investigator had changed and listed the name of the new investigator.

What prolly happened is the person that was doing your polygraph isnt working during the shutdown, the person now assigned to you is.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              All the bi managers are reassigned once you recertify your equip kev

• CBPO.BPJ
              CBPO.BPJ commented
              Editing a comment
              so I got this email on January 4th, 2019... I hope all these gets back to normal soon....

"Due to the government shutdown and furloughs, we need to reschedule your polygraph examination. The government will contact you to reschedule your exam. We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message.

Thanks for your quick response."

• Honestly the shutdown needs to end. Next week the dems take over the house and the offer for the budget may no longer be there. At least get funding for border security. Because right now this is not helping anyone. Only making matters worse.

Comment

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              If only common sense was common bro...that won't happen everyone has a B's point to try and prove..bunch of grown *** kids

• JMontero
              JMontero commented
              Editing a comment
              In other news Trump just threaten to completely close the southern border if the wall is not funded. Claiming it would be a "profit making operation".to close the border.

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear that. It's a tug of war that leads to nowhere. It's just the workers that get punished as well as the citizens.

• micdrop451
              micdrop451 commented
              Editing a comment
              JMontero with the amount of money mexico milks from the U.S. economy, it would be a "profit making operation."

• Hey guys! I applied to CBP JFK last month.
            I already did my medical, and fitness is next week.

I wanted to know, what is the base salary without locality pay? and whats the pay WITH locality pay for a GS-5?

I work for TSA currently.

Comment

• So I haven't been on in a while and submitted my medical due to them wanting more info. Can the Poly come anytime and if I miss the call will they at least leave a message?

**Since writing this 30 mins ago I passed the medical...
            Last edited by JB411; 12-28-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              Who knows, it’s been 7 months since I passed my SI, going on 3 months since I got final sign off on my medical, and still no poly in sight for me. Though other people have literally gotten the call to schedule their poly before they’d even completed their SI. It’s basically a lottery, like every other step in the process. There’s no rhyme, reason, or explanation for anybody’s timeline or wait periods between steps. Basically just whatever the Hiring Center feels like.
              Last edited by N.N.; 12-29-2018, 07:15 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7574 users online. 434 members and 7140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X