300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I have to wait 6 months to start.
    My background was cleared around Dec. 7 and idk what a UA is.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      UA= PP test

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just figure by the time I get an offer at this rate I will be walking around with a cane, drinking Metamucil and calling everyone son.....lol.

• Hello: I have decided to pursue CBP over Border Patrol and now I have to decide by Monday the preferred location that was offered. I asked for any where in Florida but was told there were no available. I will be coming in at GS9 with 5 years police experience. Can Anyone provide there feed back on these locations? Quality of living? Overtime? I will be moving with my fiance and daughter who will be about 1 almost two by the time my June 2019 academy is over. My fiance is also in the process with Customs. From what I was told, she can sign a form to be stationed where I will be if we are married. Any one know about this? Sorry if spelling of places is off. I tried my best.

Arizona 33%: Douglass, Lukeville, Nogales, San Luis
    New Mexico (Columbus)
    Texas (Del Rio, Presidio, (Laredo 25%)
    Cali: LAX, San Francisco 25%, Audrodey, Oaty Mesa, (San Ysidro : 25%) Calexico: 25%
    Alaska: (Anchorage)
    Virginia (Dulles)
    Massachusetts (Boston, Logan Airport)
    Vermont (Derby Line, Norton 25%)
    Maine (Houlton)
    New Jersey (Newark)

New York: (JFK) Champlain
    Michigan: (Detroit land border, Sault St Marie)
    Hawaii: Honolulu
    Guam: Saipan
    Us Virgin Islands (Charlotte Amalie, Christiansted)
    Idaho: East port
    Washington State: Seattle, Oroville 25%, Frontier, PT Roberts, Sumas Washington
    Minnesota: Grand portage 25%
    Montana: Raymond, (Sweet Draft 25 %)
    North Dakota: Dunseith, Portal 25%, Pembina 25%

-Best Regards, D. Brown

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you a regular announcement, vra? It all comes down to what your looking for. Life style, hobbies, city vs isolation. Best way is to research different locations. Ot varies on ports.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      if you are regular or DH they will push hard for Arizona and Cali

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1, I'm not a veteran. The only direct hire I applied for with customs was San Jaun. The rep on the phone informed me that I hey are not placing people in San Juan though. The other locations is what I was offered. They can try to push hard, but how my conversation went, I can select from that list

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      It really depends on what you want for yourself, your significant other and the kid(s).

If you want access to overtime pick one of the major airports or a southern border port. Seattle and Champlain will probably work as well. If you are looking to avoid overtime most of the northern border ports will probably give you the best option to duck OT. Quality of life also really depends on what you are looking for. Most of those Maine, ND, MT, ID and eastern Washington ports are out in the hinterlands...as well as are several southern ports. City ports, are well, city ports. Some of which are going to be expensive to live in. Of course, some of the rural ports also have many hidden costs attached to them and since many of those ports also have limited overtime availability there are quality of life issues there as well.

Further, if swapping out in the future is a concern, places like Boston, Newark, JFK, LAX and Seattle probably lead that list. Most of the other ports, especially the smaller ones sporting XX% incentive bonuses are not highly desired ports and/or ports easily transferred out of.

Good luck with your decision.

As far as a spousal assignment to your given choice of port, good luck with that. OFO typically isn't all that family friendly when it comes to family issues.

• Got the call. Just curious. Has anyone heard things about Otay Mesa? By San Diego. Seems nice but who knows. Most of San Diego housing are condos

Comment

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      My brother in law works at the Otay Mesa. He started at San Ysidro, but he definitely prefers Otay Mesa.

• D.Brown Hawaii

Comment

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      Thought about it, but I couldnt find any nice housing that appealed to me. Where should I look?

• Camelbak yeah I originally applied to two CBPO positions. I messed up applying to direct hire at first lol. So I applied to the other opening (not direct hire for SW border) and everything else is carrying over it’s just a little delayed. But now that I’m looking.... I don’t know. Otay Mesa and Nogales May be of interest. Hmmm. I’m assuming you don’t know what the hours or days off are lol. I’m just trying to get more insight. Thanks though I appreciate it!!!

Comment

• Looks like they’re trying to get a lot of movement today before the shutdown...

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        The funding for the wall passed in the house. So I've heard. But there is more going on.
        Last edited by Hal29; 12-22-2018, 11:33 AM.

• Happy Holidays Ladies and gents,

I just ran into a buddy of mine from the Marines here at the Veterans Affairs. (We both work here) He's currently a police officer here at the VA. He has Border Patrol service under his belt and now hes trying to get back in. He's still in the process waiting for a poly ( A year wait since his si). Looks like the east coast NY/CT/MA area is up to a year wait on poly for some weird reason.

Any one out of CT on here get a poly date in less than 6 months?

Thanks

Comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        That place is a "hotspot." Lots of applicants and no investigator likes picking up cases there. You will see once you get to your BI.

• Contacted by contracted background through email. Notified me they started the background. I will be contacted by investigator soon. Glad something shook before the holidays!

Comment

• D.Brown

dude i have no clue hahaha. Hawaii is expensive as $&@! But who cares. It’s hawaii. Just pitch a tent by some trees with a nice ocean view

Comment

• KevinMO91

i think I’m gonna decline and wait for the other opening for more options. She said I can always chose Otay Mesa or Nogales with the other opening anyway. So I figure why not wait. She’s gonna call me Wednesday. I’ll get more answers. Everyone needs to stop with this government shutdown. Lol.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            hey the shutdown is is a real concern. These offices wont be running I asked TSU when I got the call. So best case scenario is that everything freezes in place and resumes just as it was before the shutdown but youd be crazy not to be concerned if your considering a job with CBP. Even people with offers are gonna see their EODs get pushed back.

• Well, it looks like the shutdown is a-go at this point. Then with the holidays, I doubt anyone will see progress with CBP hiring until 2019. Congrats to everyone who got "The Call" today! Y'all may be the last of us for awhile lol.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            The shutdown is almost 100 percent at this point, the hope is that it's over by the end of the weekend.

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            KevinMO91 that would be nice, although it doesn't seem either side is willing to cave. The President is insistent on funding for the border wall, but Democrats say that's a deal breaker. Seems like a pretty significant impasse until one side gives in. It'd be nice if they came to a compromise that included boosting CBP Hiring abilities and specific earmarks to speed up the hiring process to get officers/agents on the front line lol.

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. well the government shutdown happened, House just adjourned without signing anything, they wont meet again until tomorrow at noon. So the shutdown is happening now.

• Shutdown is in full effect, Senate met today and made no progress, the next meeting isn't until Dec. 27th so don't expect any application progress at all this week. (Not like there was gonna be much to begin with on Christmas week)
          Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-22-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• I reapplied to an announcement for a specific port and then had to put the hiring on military hold. I received the tentative Offer and had to take 6 months off. Hopefully, that still means I have that port. All I have left is to resubmit the eqip when they release it to me and the polygraph.

Comment

• Quick question, did anyone with uncorrected vision worse than 20/100 were able to get a medical waiver and pass the medical? I'm thinking about applying but I don't want to go through the whole process just to be told no because of my uncorrected vision is worse than 20/100. My corrected vision is 20/20 with soft contact lenses.

Comment

• bonds525
                bonds525 commented
                Editing a comment
                When I did mine, my uncorrected vision was basically blind but still passed because I told them I use contacts and glasses which correct to 20/20. I ended up getting lasik but yea.

• douglasgene1
                douglasgene1 commented
                Editing a comment
                you just have to have corrected vision

• Rmalard just curious what was your disability for. I'm curious as I see a lot but nobody says.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9690 users online. 465 members and 9225 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X