Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I put in a new application will all my medical, physical etc transfer over?

Comment

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. My information transferred.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why you applying to a new announcement? Aren't you at the end? Unless your going for gs9. Everything will transfer over but will have to do the computer based exam over.

• After 1 year 1 month they finally scheduled my Polygraph and I take it in 3 days. Nervous about it because it’s the last thing I need to pass other than the BI. Just reading horror stories of the poly makes me nervous about it but confident at same time.

Comment

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      She reached out to me. Messed up on email details a couple times but talk to me as if we’ve known each other as friends.

• logan94
      logan94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to clarify... 1 yr and 1 month since your tentative offer or 1 yr and 1 month since your SI?

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied November of last year and did my SI back on March 6th so I feel you.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Applied in September of last year. Si In March, poly in May. Background in progress for 7 months now.

• I am near the end, but the 17-11 didnt have JFK as a location, and the new one out right now does, so I figure I'll put in for this new one and have everything transfer over so when I do get the call I can chose JFK

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a heads up, I haven’t experienced it myself, but have heard from others if you re-apply and it’s been over a year since your PFT, Medical, or Drug Test, they sometimes make you re-do them.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what is keeping me from re-applying. I really dont want to do any steps over. The time, energy or expenses isn't worth it to me. Plus to have to wait even longer for things to clear. I'm allset.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      JonRob If you have a Regular announcement active, you can ask for JFK, they are offering ports available at the time of "the call" and so far JFK has been available on a few announcements so you may lucky and get that when they call you, if you ony have a DH, reapply for a regular, in about 2 months (mine transferred in 1.5 month) , everything will transfer over, if you are not GS9, you will need to retake entrance exam,
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-18-2018, 09:23 AM.

• Does anyone have the email or phone number for the polygraph or CAD?
    18-2

11/24/17: Applied
    12/15/17: NOR
    12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
    1/04/18: Medical
    1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
    2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
    2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
    3/09/18: SI
    3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
    4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
    5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
    ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
    4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
    5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
    6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
    ???: Background - In Progress
    ???: Drug Test

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, still pending medical to clear since may took poly and finished backgrounds already.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. Medical cleared approximately a month ago

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alex so everything is cleared for you but medical? How is that even possible

• Rmalard
      Rmalard commented
      Editing a comment
      Medical was almost last thing for me to clear due to VA disability letter. I had to send paperwork in for signed off by a doctor. Was the hardest part to get through. Once cleared took UA again and then a month or so later got the call.

• Good news. I've been watching the news on my day off. It seems there will most likely not be a government shutdown. Trump says he wants to work with Congress because it will affect to many jobs this close to the holidays and can find other means to get the 5+ billion dollars he needs to beef up border security and the wall. Right now congress offered 1.6 billion just for border security. He wants beef up security so he can get the military out of there as they are on a short term contract.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well let's just say it cost me over 400 dollars to go through all this. Gas, parking, new shirt and tie, pants. And the days I took off plus the ot I lost. My ot goes to comp time if I miss days.

• Sadly I was just told that anyone currently in the process will not hear anything until well after the holidays. Classes are booked till the end of May and they don't plan on openning June classes until current classes are complete. So those that are like me and been waiting 16+ months. Well we are looking at 2 years of more in the process. Also majority of applicants going through are newer appllicants. They are trying to fix things. Unfortunately I'm drawing towards the end. I'm giving it another month. But I feel it may be time to move on. I know the process takes time but that is rediculous. I'm 38 I'm not waiting forever.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I hate seeing stuff like this. I hate seeing us in limbo for so long. The process is disorganized. What kills me is we put in a lot of time, effort and more. I'm happy for anyone who gets through. But I'm out case we put our time in on the process we got through all the hurdles. It drives me nuts seeing others who get through in less than half the time we put in. It's like they treat us as if we are less important or to much effort to reach out for our files because it is just easier to get through a new applicant.

Well anyways best of holidays and wish you all well. I'll be spending the next few weeks focusing on the family and holidays.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      i feel ya man im a 17/10 applicant...it sucks to get so far and get caught up..i have money invested as well i had to get a psych eval done on my own dime

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just one or thing. Look at my two posts where I copied two emails. One says booked till April the other says till the end of May. Those emails are week and a half apart. That is how fast those classes are filling up.

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 ... don’t get discouraged. I am sure if you speak to 3 people you’ll probably get three different answers. You’ve waited this long ... don’t give up now. I’ve been in this process from Aug/Sept of 2016 and a VRA applicant at that where it is supposed to be streamlined. There’s been moments where I’ve felt hopeless and I still feel because it seems that I can’t reach the finish line (and at this moment “the finish line” is getting “the call”). Keep holding and having the faith.

• VRA 17-2 here ... did my drug test last Tuesday and my medical (again) yesterday. My initial medical was November 2016 so I’m guessing it expired. Now I’m just waiting to for those updates to reflect on CASS and then get scheduled for my PFT-2. I am wondering if I can get that waived by submitting my military PFT scores as I made a call to the PFT-2 scheduling unit/dept and left a message and I’m hoping to hear back from them sometime today.

Comment

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 ... for any applicant prior to announcement 17-3 WILL have to take a PFT-2. It was no longer a thing from 17-3 and moving forward.

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 ... if you’re prior to announcement 17-3 it will be a requirement of the pre-employment process

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 yes I had some when i was doing my initial eqip and then some very long extensive wait times and guess what ... I’m still waiting ... seems like this wait will NEVER end but here I am still waiting.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      blackraiin oh that sucks, you should of reapplied to a newer posting, they transfer everything over doing an extra PFT is just more time wasted before you get hired. sucks they still make older applicants do it even though it's been removed.

• I got the TSU letter!!!
    Hopefully they call with an offer soon.
    A Christmas miracle

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your background clear? If so how long did it take? Congrats also

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, remember asking for JFK, you may get it too and sweeten your Xmas miracle JonRob

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      JonRob congrats man, they asked for two forms when I got put in TSU did they do the same for you? after I submitted the paperwork I got the call 3 days later

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to you. Just curious what announcement are you?

• Hey all,

I applied to this posting last week, and just got my tentative selection notice that I have 3 days to accept. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517267300/

It was listed as "Location Negotiable After Selection", and so far I haven't seen anywhere listing possible locations (aside from the ones in the announcement that have incentives). So it looks like I just need to go through the whole process, and I pretty much won't have any ideas until I'm at the end? Or will I get to put in some preferences early on?

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      As a VRA applicant you'll be able to request where you wanna work, they'll call the port and see if the port has any openings if it does they will offer it to you. They will start with a list of critical ports and then ask you what you want. I asked for Newark and got Newark.

• BradHP
      BradHP commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, thanks. I'm in Delaware, I know my chances of Wilmington are probably pretty low, but I'd assume there would be a decent chance for Philly. I'd even be good with Newark, my parents live near there so I could stay with them on work days and then drive home when I'm off.

• Originally posted by JonRob View Post
    I got the TSU letter!!!
    Hopefully they call with an offer soon.
    A Christmas miracle
    what port?
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Well, this weekend will mark 200 days since my Structured Interview with still no end in sight with the wait for my poly... I'm sure there's a handful of people who've waited this long between these 2 steps, but probably not many. The frustration is pretty real at this point.

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Man when that poly date drops u better pass because after all the comments and complaining if you don't everyone if going to bomb your posts lol.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero well I’ve never done anything that would warrant failing a poly, so I’m not worried at all about actually taking it. only way I’d get a fail is if I end up being one of the unfortunate ‘horror stories.’ Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Best of luck when your time comes!! hopefully all the wait would be worth it

• ajs0922
        ajs0922 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I was in the same place as you i took my SI back in May and passed had to submit additional paperwork for medical and it finally cleared in June. On December 11th I got the email that my poly was scheduled for the following Tuesday. The last time I had called CBP they told me it would be 3 to six months after my medical clears until I get to schedule my poly. The only thing now holding people back is the shutdown hopefully they resolve it quick and the processes can pick back up. Just hang in there I was at a point the I thought it would never happen, but it did when I leased expected.

• Polygraph scheduled for Jan 21st!

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Bro congrats! That gives hope to some of the rest of us long-timers lol. Where are you scheduled to take it?

• logan94
        logan94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!! It was just changed to Jan 22nd at Dania Beach.

• Well the Government shut down is back on, Trump rejected the short term bill to fund the government until at least Feburary. should be an interesting next 48 hours.

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        great and here I am waiting to EOD on jan 30. Hopefully this doesn't delay anything atleast eod speaking.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        it WILL delay your eod...all admin/non essential personnel meaning you jmont(since you're not a leo until you graduate the academy... will be sent home during shutdowns(that means all of FLETC basically also) SMH...prepare for the suck..
        Last edited by Evolution81; 12-20-2018, 03:40 PM.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero sadly it's true if the government shuts down you wont be going to the Academy until it reopens when I got the call I actually asked them this question and the shutdown could very well push a lot of academy dates back

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        well atleast the house vote won tonight to fund the wall, kinda good news lol.
        Last edited by JMontero; 12-20-2018, 10:53 PM.

• I finally got "The Call"

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man when is your EOD? I heard they are already into June

• yes they are
      EOD 6/10/19

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah whats interesting is someone here said they arent scheduling people in june yet and yet here we are seeing people getting June EOD. It shoould be refreshing news for people that are still waiting though, as it means they are still hiring and going through the process

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats bro..been at Fletc during the summer ..ugh was hoping to be therr before summertime...Black flag days (too hot)****s up everything some days

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin that is because the ones who sit behind a desk really have no clue. They tell ya one thing and something else happens. Just overpaid mouthpieces.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries evolution. At this rate it could be fall for us. Seems they fill a month in about 2 weeks or less.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9702 users online. 461 members and 9241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X