Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinMO91 dude that information is greatly appreciated. For real. Best info I’ve got! Now thinking about it. You’re right. If I am able to get in EWR I’ll take it. Plus 0400 isn’t so bad. Reminds me of of grandfather when he used to go to bed at 1800 hours really not bad esp since u can beat rush hour in Newark!

Comment

• Nextrunnerup yeah it's not bad at all and I bet you could get a couple hours of overtime each day working 0400 to 1200

Comment

• Hello, I'm new here and at the beginning of the process. I received email to schedule the fitness test. Does anyone know how many days I have to schedule the test? Do I have to do it the same day I received the email? Thanks

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          picasso100 I dont know if there is a set time limit to schedule it but I would recommend always scheduling everything as soon as possible. The hiring process can be extremely long so obviously the faster you can schedule and knock things out the faster you can get to getting the call and getting an EOD

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          picasso100 there is a dead line for your fitness test order from CBP. You have to contact CBP if you want to reschedule and do it before expiration date or they will drop your app, schedule ASAP, and you can only schedule 2 weeks out max.

• picasso100 yeah bud. Just start ASAP. I took the written test January 2018. The hiring center did say they are trying to move faster (3 to 9 months) but still have candidates waiting longer (1 year +). Best of luck!

Comment

• Well, after trying for about a month, my recruiter was finally able to hear back from OPR and they confirmed my file has been assigned to a poly examiner. No update on what to expect in terms of a wait, but at least that gives some peace of mind that my paperwork wasn't lost or something. Hoping to see some progress after the holidays.

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 50%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
          Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
          Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
          Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
          e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
          e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
          Medical Exam: April 23, 2018
          PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
          2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
          3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
          e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
          Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
          SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
          Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
          Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2018, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
          Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018
          Medical Cleared: October 26, 2018 - PASSED
          Polygraph: Pending
          Background Investigation: In Progress
          Drug Test: In Progress
          Final Offer: Pending
          EOD: Pending
          FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 316 days
          Last edited by N.N.; 12-17-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you get your recruiter to contact OPR for you? I talked to my recruiter, he basically told me, he has no access for my file, can't look up anything for me, he gave me an email address of poly team and have me contacted them which they never responded,

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP mine didn’t want to originally either, it was only after I had been waiting in his words “an unusually long time” for my polygraph, then he said he would reach out to OPR to try and get an update

• Ladies and Gents, If I was to apply for another to another location for CBP, would it cancel my current application in process now or would they both continue until I get an offer from either one and I decide to go with one or the other?? I want to see if I can apply for a different location and see if I get picked for it, either one I get I'm grateful and will take any of them..

Comment

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Is your current application direct hire or regular?

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have different type of announcements (DH, VRA, Regular), you are fine. Everything will transfer over. I have 2 apps going right now, 1 DH and 1 Regular. Everything transferred over in 1.5 months for me. CBPO.BPJ , I had 2 Regular with different GS pay grade, they cancelled the one with lower GS grade.

• CBPO.BPJ
            CBPO.BPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm Direct Hire.... thanks gents, I'll go ahead and put in for a non direct hire for a different location??

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, have a Regular announcement in so you can have more options when receiving the call. Stuff will transfer fast.

• Got my BI fingerprint cards in the mail today went to my local townships police department and had them filled out and I just got done mailing them out. I guess the BI should be starting shortly for me we'll see. Hopefully they complete it before my EOD so I don't have to have anything lingering over me while I'm in the academy.

Comment

• If I put in a new application will all my medical, physical etc transfer over?

Comment

• mudboned
              mudboned commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. My information transferred.

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Why you applying to a new announcement? Aren't you at the end? Unless your going for gs9. Everything will transfer over but will have to do the computer based exam over.

• After 1 year 1 month they finally scheduled my Polygraph and I take it in 3 days. Nervous about it because it’s the last thing I need to pass other than the BI. Just reading horror stories of the poly makes me nervous about it but confident at same time.

Comment

• JDalhoff
              JDalhoff commented
              Editing a comment
              She reached out to me. Messed up on email details a couple times but talk to me as if we’ve known each other as friends.

• logan94
              logan94 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just to clarify... 1 yr and 1 month since your tentative offer or 1 yr and 1 month since your SI?

• OKCsparrow
              OKCsparrow commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied November of last year and did my SI back on March 6th so I feel you.

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Applied in September of last year. Si In March, poly in May. Background in progress for 7 months now.

• I am near the end, but the 17-11 didnt have JFK as a location, and the new one out right now does, so I figure I'll put in for this new one and have everything transfer over so when I do get the call I can chose JFK

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              Just a heads up, I haven’t experienced it myself, but have heard from others if you re-apply and it’s been over a year since your PFT, Medical, or Drug Test, they sometimes make you re-do them.

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is what is keeping me from re-applying. I really dont want to do any steps over. The time, energy or expenses isn't worth it to me. Plus to have to wait even longer for things to clear. I'm allset.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              JonRob If you have a Regular announcement active, you can ask for JFK, they are offering ports available at the time of "the call" and so far JFK has been available on a few announcements so you may lucky and get that when they call you, if you ony have a DH, reapply for a regular, in about 2 months (mine transferred in 1.5 month) , everything will transfer over, if you are not GS9, you will need to retake entrance exam,
              Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-18-2018, 09:23 AM.

• Does anyone have the email or phone number for the polygraph or CAD?
            18-2

11/24/17: Applied
            12/15/17: NOR
            12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
            1/04/18: Medical
            1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
            2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
            2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
            3/09/18: SI
            3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
            4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
            5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
            ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
            4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled
            ???: Polygraph Cleared
            ???: Background - In Progress
            ???: Drug Test - In Progress
            ???: Final Offer - Pending

Comment

• Alexr3496
              Alexr3496 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here, still pending medical to clear since may took poly and finished backgrounds already.

• OKCsparrow
              OKCsparrow commented
              Editing a comment
              N.N. Medical cleared approximately a month ago

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Alex so everything is cleared for you but medical? How is that even possible

• Rmalard
              Rmalard commented
              Editing a comment
              Medical was almost last thing for me to clear due to VA disability letter. I had to send paperwork in for signed off by a doctor. Was the hardest part to get through. Once cleared took UA again and then a month or so later got the call.

• Good news. I've been watching the news on my day off. It seems there will most likely not be a government shutdown. Trump says he wants to work with Congress because it will affect to many jobs this close to the holidays and can find other means to get the 5+ billion dollars he needs to beef up border security and the wall. Right now congress offered 1.6 billion just for border security. He wants beef up security so he can get the military out of there as they are on a short term contract.

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well let's just say it cost me over 400 dollars to go through all this. Gas, parking, new shirt and tie, pants. And the days I took off plus the ot I lost. My ot goes to comp time if I miss days.

• Sadly I was just told that anyone currently in the process will not hear anything until well after the holidays. Classes are booked till the end of May and they don't plan on openning June classes until current classes are complete. So those that are like me and been waiting 16+ months. Well we are looking at 2 years of more in the process. Also majority of applicants going through are newer appllicants. They are trying to fix things. Unfortunately I'm drawing towards the end. I'm giving it another month. But I feel it may be time to move on. I know the process takes time but that is rediculous. I'm 38 I'm not waiting forever.

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I hate seeing stuff like this. I hate seeing us in limbo for so long. The process is disorganized. What kills me is we put in a lot of time, effort and more. I'm happy for anyone who gets through. But I'm out case we put our time in on the process we got through all the hurdles. It drives me nuts seeing others who get through in less than half the time we put in. It's like they treat us as if we are less important or to much effort to reach out for our files because it is just easier to get through a new applicant.

Well anyways best of holidays and wish you all well. I'll be spending the next few weeks focusing on the family and holidays.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              i feel ya man im a 17/10 applicant...it sucks to get so far and get caught up..i have money invested as well i had to get a psych eval done on my own dime

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just one or thing. Look at my two posts where I copied two emails. One says booked till April the other says till the end of May. Those emails are week and a half apart. That is how fast those classes are filling up.

• blackraiin
              blackraiin commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 ... don’t get discouraged. I am sure if you speak to 3 people you’ll probably get three different answers. You’ve waited this long ... don’t give up now. I’ve been in this process from Aug/Sept of 2016 and a VRA applicant at that where it is supposed to be streamlined. There’s been moments where I’ve felt hopeless and I still feel because it seems that I can’t reach the finish line (and at this moment “the finish line” is getting “the call”). Keep holding and having the faith.

• VRA 17-2 here ... did my drug test last Tuesday and my medical (again) yesterday. My initial medical was November 2016 so I’m guessing it expired. Now I’m just waiting to for those updates to reflect on CASS and then get scheduled for my PFT-2. I am wondering if I can get that waived by submitting my military PFT scores as I made a call to the PFT-2 scheduling unit/dept and left a message and I’m hoping to hear back from them sometime today.

Comment

• blackraiin
              blackraiin commented
              Editing a comment
              KevinMO91 ... for any applicant prior to announcement 17-3 WILL have to take a PFT-2. It was no longer a thing from 17-3 and moving forward.

• blackraiin
              blackraiin commented
              Editing a comment
              douglasgene1 ... if you’re prior to announcement 17-3 it will be a requirement of the pre-employment process

• blackraiin
              blackraiin commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 yes I had some when i was doing my initial eqip and then some very long extensive wait times and guess what ... I’m still waiting ... seems like this wait will NEVER end but here I am still waiting.

• KevinMO91
              KevinMO91 commented
              Editing a comment
              blackraiin oh that sucks, you should of reapplied to a newer posting, they transfer everything over doing an extra PFT is just more time wasted before you get hired. sucks they still make older applicants do it even though it's been removed.

• I got the TSU letter!!!
            Hopefully they call with an offer soon.
            A Christmas miracle

Comment

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did your background clear? If so how long did it take? Congrats also

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats man, remember asking for JFK, you may get it too and sweeten your Xmas miracle JonRob

• KevinMO91
              KevinMO91 commented
              Editing a comment
              JonRob congrats man, they asked for two forms when I got put in TSU did they do the same for you? after I submitted the paperwork I got the call 3 days later

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats to you. Just curious what announcement are you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9820 users online. 454 members and 9366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X