Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that got an EOD when are they?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i was offered EOD (at Thanksgiving time) for april, But ive been seeing people post for around May now.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      my EOD is in May 6 academy is may 20th. They seem to run at least 2 new classes a month and all of those classes are booked until May.

• rachrose77
      rachrose77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fletc 5/16-9/20

• Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here with some advice. I submitted an application for 19-2, took the entrance exam and passed it.
    Today I received a letter saying "You were rated ineligible because you failed to provide sufficient details of your experience and a determination of qualifications could not be made"

After calling a bunch of different numbers I received my response, which basically relates to my resume not being good enough. I do not have the number of hours I worked listed, nor do I have specific days on the dates which are apparently a requirement. I've had my resume looked over by a career center, and edited by staff that help people write resumes so I know it's good for any other job.

Judging by the said response, I need to re-edit my resume but now the problem is I do not remember the specific days I started and quit my old jobs.
    Any advice?

I applied based on the merit of being in the National Honor Society. I didn't provide proof as there was no spot for me to actually do so, but I was told that this wasn't a factor, which I'm starting to believe was false information.
    Last edited by Coderedpl; 12-14-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the 1st time i was rejected the 2nd time i did this and met the standard

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate all the comments, seems like I'll be converting my resume to federal format, and getting my transcript to show the society part just in-case they want it. What i thought was going to be a simple process now turned out to be a pain in the ***.

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      usajobs lets u upload ur current resume or create a federa format resume on ur home page. That's what i did when i applied.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      use USAJobs.gov, I just uploaded my resume on there and they converted it for me. My resume was not done professionally but it still worked. Also request the current transcript, I used an old one, and apparently, there was some missing info, I had to reapplied again... If you have issue uploading encrypted transcript, print it out and scan it back in. It worked for me.

• Interesting

https://www.local10.com/news/politic...-watchdog-says
    18-2

11/24/17: Applied
    12/15/17: NOR
    12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
    1/04/18: Medical
    1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
    2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
    2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
    3/09/18: SI
    3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
    4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
    5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
    ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
    ???: Polygraph
    ???: Polygraph Cleared
    ???: Background - In Progress
    ???: Drug Test - In Progress
    ???: Final Offer - Pending

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 I believe that references the candidates that were hired who’s processes were handled directly by the contractor. The CBP hiring center was still hiring people on their own in the meanwhile.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is the truth in that article. ApplicAnts are being put throug quicker? What once took over a year now takes 9 months. Ummm yeah ok.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. Oh ok I understand...

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      OKCsparrow I am at the same spot as you. Expect the poly.. How did you clear it? Did you take it? also I am 18-3 50%

Polygraph Pending
      Background - In Progress
      Drug Test - In Progress
      Final Offer - Pending

• Good Evening, I was wondering if FLETC or any other institution near by offers EMT courses while I’m at the academy? I’m going to have a lot of time on my hands during the evenings and weekends while I’m there so I was thinking about getting my EMT license for my local volunteer Fire Dept in Long Island, instead of waiting when I get back in June and then starting EMT school. The State pays for it since I’m giving back to my community so I would like take advantage before I start the hustle and bustle of my new career in Law Enforcement.

EOD 01/18/19 @ JFK - FLETC 02/05/19
    Last edited by OzoneWarrior2016; 12-14-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• striza
      striza commented
      Editing a comment
      You wont have enough time. Especially because you have to put in for state certified slots to be tested with practical.

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have nights and weekends free, but there is never enough time.

• JFD516
      JFD516 commented
      Editing a comment
      Worry about your career first but the jolly volley stuff behind you until your though probation. This is coming from a guy who’s been in the same spot in Long Island. The Fire House will always be there

• OzoneWarrior2016
      OzoneWarrior2016 commented
      Editing a comment
      JFD516 Make sense. I tend to forget and get all caught up with the volunteering.

• Those who are at 50 percent right now does your cass say pending for poly?

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 I’m at 50% with a pass on Poly.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. raptor170 thanks just wondering if it was supposed to say in progress or pending. Im 6.5 months since SI too

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170 thats crazy what are you waiting on medical?

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 yes medical and background.

• Those who are at 50 percent right now does your cass say pending for poly?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am @ 50% for less than 1 month now w/ Poly pending. The BI and Drug test is in “progress” whatever that means. Haven’t don’t a drug test yet.

• solo1 Im stuck on 50% in cass poly says pending. No date on that yet though. Ive cleared eqip, medical,fitness, si. 18-11 VRA GS-9

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      striza thanks i was stuck on med review forever been a.while since my si just wondering if it was supposed to say in progress or pending hopefully sometime soon

• striza
      striza commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 I had to resubmit additional medical for my eyes. Went and saw an eye doctor for a portion I failed at the original medical
      nor 07/31/18
      eqip- /08/15/18
      08/31/2018 - Mecial exam
      09/21/18 - si - VERBAL PASS
      09/22/18 - NOR SI - PASS CASS Update
      10/17/18 - notice of medical failure given until 11/16/2018 to submit paperwork
      10/30/18 - Submitted additional paper work from eye doctor.
      Medical (date unknown) Updated on cass green that I passed medical randomly.

11/5/18 - military fitness granted

stuck on cass 50% since 10-31/18

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      striza Interesting I've kinda noticed a pattern emerge with people that end up having medical issues, it always seems make the entire process longer. A lot of people are in your shoes right now because of similar issues with medical and having to re-verify medical and wait for it to clear. I would say based on everything I have at least read here is that the timeline for you polygraph started when you cleared medical and its hard to say when you'll get the call to do it, some people have been waiting 6 plus months sadly, but there are so many other factors, like what announcement type they applied (DH VRA for and what region they are applying from.

Its hard to say how long it will take and I can't remember when my polygraph said in progress or if it ever did.

I already got an EOD and am at 88% on CASS my BI does say in progress though

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never had a delay with medical but between medical and poly was 6 1/2 months.

• In searching some other forums I found some interesting things out about provisional clearances anyone knows how true this is?

(am) I ... being asked to drop everything and take a chance of getting hired, and then fired at the academy(?)

No. You have been told that they believe you are suitable for employment based on initial review of your file and many database checks. You have been told that out of 100 other applicants, you appear to be above average and worthy of the BP taking a calculated risk and sending you to training.

You have been given a high compliment, and a chance to get 6 months to a year ahead of other candidates who are less worthy than yourself.

What is the percent of applicants who receive an interim clearance?

I can't give you a definitive stat, but would guestimate that to be between 10% and 25% per year.

Do the ajudicators just hand out interim clearances...?

No. They are putting their careers on the line in recommending you for an interim. If they are wrong and you go bad, they could be suspended or terminated.

... or are they usually positive that the individual is not going to be a problem to pass?

Would you bet a job worth $80,000 to $100,000 on you? They can never be 100% positive on any candidate. It's a judgement call, based on the data YOU provided.

If I do not sign the piece of paper, I am immediately out of TSU correct?

Immediate? I can't answer that. You can't EOD without signing the agreement, that's a fact.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I think the new definition of insanity is trying to apply logic or reason to this process. I dont think academy dates really have anything to do with your announcement, I think it's based on whoever gets into TSU and gets an offer first. I just wonder how far the can pre-book the academy. Can you imagine getting the job offer and your EOD date being 2020?

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you signed the PC form, does that mean you're granted the PC?

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      eikichi10 No, it means that you're willing to accept a provisional clearance if they grant it to you. There's no guarantee you get a provisional clearance sadly

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      The only reason I said it could be based on announcement is because someone recently on here was offered in october and eod and academy was November. I can't remember who though.

• Hal29 Looks like ill be waiting 6 months for a poly date then. The worst part is trying to forget about the time fram when your checking your spam folder every day in and out. I almost missed the notification of having to submit additional paperwork. I seriously stopped caring about this because i drove myself nuts. Until then i keep moving forward with other departments.

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted due to posting in the wrong section
      Last edited by CBPO.BPJ; 12-28-2018, 02:34 AM. Reason: WRONG POST

• WOW! So today I just received an email stating that I need to retake the POLYGRAPH exam in which they scheduled me for January after I was informed verbally that I passed it. I know it's not up to the examiner but come on... If they test it and they see it in front of them, I think they should have a good idea if I passed or not no?!

Applied-03/30/18
    Exam-4/3/2018
    NOR-4/12/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-4/20/18
    Eqip Rejected-5/2/18
    Medical-5/3/18
    PFFT-5/3/18
    Eqip NOR to OPR-5/4/18
    PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
    Medical Passed- 5/19/18
    SI-6/14/2018
    SI Passed-6/15/2018
    Polygraph scheduled-11/9/18
    Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18
    Retake Polygraph Scheduled for 1/7/2019- on 12/16/2018

CASS APP-50%

Poly-Pending
    BI-In Progress
    Drug-In Progress
    Final Offer-Pending

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      @CBP.BPJ I got an email from my examiner about a week later stating OPR accepted the results and that I passed and was moving forward with the hiring process. The following week it turned green on the APP and I got a call to schedule my drug test.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevin I had the same exact thing happen to a T. My first poly was about 4 hours. Shoes off told me I was trying to beat the poly. Stopped and asked if I researched on how to beat a poly. Told me I was lying and hiding something. Told me to be honest that she was there to help me. At the end she told me i failed and asked if there was anything else i wanted to confess too.

Second one. New examiner. Kept on going through the same scenarios, same questions. But didn't have to take my shoes off, made me feel more comfortable. Lasted about 4 1/2-5 hours but an hour of it was talking. Talking about hobbies. How my wife and his had things in common and how he lived just north of me and how his first case with secret service was in my town and they took down a major meth lab in a big investigation. He did like 10 years military, then secret service. Then became an examiner and agent/IA for cbp. Part time qc for them. At the end I felt i knew more about him than myself. Then he says, oh there were no problems you passed.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 Yeah thats exactly how my second guy was, he was a prior service 11B worked with the DEA, when I was in the Army I worked at the prison at Ft Lewis and we had a guy come in that was AWOL for over 40 years from Canada apparently my Examiner was in Canada when the guy was captured and heard about it.

The guy was only in prison for a couple weeks he was a pre-trial, he ended up getting a dishonorable discharge and getting sent back to Canada. He was only in the Air Force for like a year before he got orders to go to Vietnam and I guess went AWOL and went to Canada and lived a whole different life. I saw some interesting cases working in that prison had a E-7 Battalion SHARP rep pimping out privates in motels so yeahh

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      So just to keep everyone updated... As lots of you may have read my post before, I took my polygraph on*November 9th 2018 and was told verbally passed. I didn't hear anything from them until December 16th 2018 telling me I have to retake it and was scheduled for January 7th 2019 for the retake. NOW! I was emailed on December 21st 2018 that Quality Control Branch has requested additional polygraph testing and that I will be contacted in the next several weeks in order to schedule further testing. I emailed them back saying thank you for the information and that the examiner had already contacted me for January 7th 2018. The OPR emailed back asking the name of the examiner in which I emailed him the name of the examiner. The OPR then emailed me back saying that "Unfortunately, your exam with Mr. BlaBlaBla has been reassigned to another examiner. You will be contacted in the near future for scheduling." LIKE WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!! WOW!! Now I don't have a date scheduled and I'm back in the waiting game with the Polygraph...

Anyone has any feedback for me PLEASE......?

• Got the call for EOD for 14 april but its a spanish language spot. Anyone have any info on this...How long, how hard to pass ect. Miami Int

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rmalard it's about 8 weeks long and I don't think it should be too hard to pass I don't think they expect you to be an expert in Spanish by the end of it

• logan94
      logan94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Did they by any chance mention if there were a lot of openings at KMIA? I’m from down here and hope that is still available by the time I get to that part of the process.

• Rmalard
      Rmalard commented
      Editing a comment
      logan94 The lady during the call didnt say how many spots were open. I was VRA 17-10 it was a long wait and had a bunch of places to consider. Hawaii, SFO ect some pretty crazy places. You might find some place you if not MIA not offered.

• Hello all,

I have not been on here in a while since the website likes to glitch on me. But, I am on here to see if there is ANYONE that has set dates to be at FLETC during the months of Feb-June, especially women. I am attempting to get to know a few classmates even. I think it would make the transition easier/better. My POE is Nogales, in case there anyone on here with that same set POE.
    18-2 DH
    11/28/17 - Applied
    12/14/17 - Entrance Exam
    1/11/18 - Med Exam
    1/20/18 - e-QIP submitted
    2/7/18 - Fitness Test
    3/9/18 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
    3/21/18 - e-QIP Released to OPR
    4/19/18 - SI
    5/22/18 - 1st Poly (rescheduled)
    7/19/18 - 2nd Poly (verbal pass)
    7/24/18 - NOR Poly(pass) & e-QIP Recert.
    7/26/18 -Drug Test
    7/30/18 - e-QIP released to OPR
    8/1/18 - TSU email
    8/2/18 - Investigator Email
    08/18 & 10/18 - BI Meet
    01/18/19- EOD- Nogales
    02/05/19 - FLETC
    Signed for Provisional Clear.

Comment

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there! I'll be going to Dulles, but I'll be at FLETC from 2/26-7/1, so only a few weeks behind you!
      Last edited by cepstein93; 12-17-2018, 12:24 PM.

• SteenBean
      SteenBean commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      I will be in FLETC early Feb. through June as well. I'm an 18-2 applicant also. I'm headed up north though, Washington state.

• Hello hello,

I’m new here but was hoping you guys could help me out (maybe even a seasoned CBPO or BPA).

Ive passed everything (Poly background just pending drug test and I don’t do drugs so that will be the easiest pass

Comment

• Hello. This post thing is super glitchy. I’ve pretty much passed everything in the process. Just wondering if anyone knows of ports with the highest job satisfaction. I’m willing to go anywhere. Word on the street is Newark NJ is hiring but I read something about low moral. I’d rather be somewhere with promotion opportunity and or higher overall job satisfaction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      Last edited by Nextrunnerup; 12-16-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nextrunnerup If you've already taken the drug test or were scheduled for it expect to get the call sometime this week. Heads up though EOD and academy dates are already as far back as may.

I'm actually going to Newark myself I EOD May 6th and go to FLETC May 20th. I'm talking to someone that works at Newark now. He says theres a lot of OT there right now and that during the summer its mandatory and usually will done on one of your days off. He said retention is low because of this. He said that I should expect to work in Primary (the airport) for at least 5 to 10 years before getting the chance for anything else. I doubt it will be much different anywhere else. He said the 1st and 2nd line supervisors are great there though.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pick a place where you and your family will be happy during off-work hours. If promotion is a priority, most likely, pick a larger port.

You are unlikely to find a place with large amounts of morale and job satisfaction and even if you did, there is no guarantee that a new management team, different circumstances won't come around in a few months and kill off morale/satisfaction.

Work to live, don't live to work. Gain satisfaction from life beyond work. Cultivate family, friends, hobbies, interests within your personal sphere and harvest satisfaction and morale from your personal life.

• KevinMO91

yeah no worries. I’m going to Jamaica and may plan a trip to roam. I’m guessing they’ll prob call me for June July. All my family IS in New Jersey. I’ve just been looking at the Houston area (if they can even offer that) and the woodlands and spring texas are beautiful man. Amazing housing too. Just different places though with lower costs of living looked optimal. Anyway thanks guys. Hey Kevin did he say what the work schedule is like? Do they swing back and forth between night and day? Double backs?
      Last edited by Nextrunnerup; 12-16-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nextrunnerup SW border is what they offered me when I got the call so pretty much Arizona and Cali I asked for Newark and got it.

I also feel the same way about Texas but all my family is also in NJ I just got done with the army and I'm also obligated by the National Guard now so I wanna stay in NJ for awhile at least before I move again.

As far as the work schedule this is what he said "youll most likely go to the 0400 shift on primary with RDO's during the middle of the week."

Theres a post academy back at Newark after you graduate the academy and he said you'll be working banker hours then you'll move to the schedule up there

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6409 users online. 194 members and 6215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X