300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isnt too surprising.
    A report by the Office of the Inspector General revealed Accenture, contracted to help hire 7,500 new agents, is "nowhere near" completing its goals and "risks wasting millions of taxpayer dollars."

Comment

• To those who have been or are in the academy, I would like to ask you a few things here.

1. Does a new 18-week session for CBPOs always start on Monday at FLETC?

2. This is regarding taking your POV to the academy. For example, a new hire who currently lives in NYC takes a flight to San Francisco for his EOD and pre-academy, meaning he's leaving his POV at home in NYC for the time being. His intention is to return to NYC after the pre-academy to pick up his POV and drive down to FLETC. Would his home port allow him to do that rather than sending him directly to FLETC? I understand some travel cost may not be funded by CBP in this case.

3. Someone has told me there are limited parkings at FLETC and you may not be able to take a POV there at times. What are your opinions about this?

Thanks folks.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        One, typically classes start on a Thursday and graduate on a Wednesday. As with most things, when the needs of the service require it, changes do happen.

Two, probably. Check with your admin people at your port during pre-academy to arrange travel.

Three, there's a fair amount of parking in Glynco. Outside of something abnormal occurring, I don't think parking should be a problem.

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy, thanks.

• Is the poly considered to be a lifestyle or CI poly?

Comment

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a full scope poly meaning lifestyle plus CI.

• I recertified my medical and did my drug test today! Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        What job post are you? How long did your medical last? And what do you have to do to recertify it

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hoping to hear something before the holidays. But I doubt it.

• I’m 17-11.
      They emailed me to certify that since the initial medical I have no new injuries or hospitalizations etc.
      I don’t know how long a medical last. I’m already over a year since I did the medical.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        waiting on BI/UA

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Bi/ua. Seems a few of us are in the same boat with similar announcements.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        you would think they would hurry up and get us the eods before the shutdown/holidays

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You and I would think so. But unlike us they don't use logic. It's not their future, so they really don't care. It's us that are sitting here patiently. They do what makes their life easier.

• Question, has anyone ever had to re-do fingerprints? I got a call a few minutes ago from someone and they told them they would be sending priority mail for me to do a fingerprint card. I did fingerprints after I completed my SI so I'm a little confused but I guess they are trying to start my BI which definitely means I got a provisional clearance.

I checked my app and Im at 88% and everything is checked off even final offer only thing still pending is the BI

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        JonRob okay thanks doesn't sound too bad

• JonRob
        JonRob commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s nothing but a minor annoyance. It’s quick. It’s first class you’ll get it in a day or two and it’ll be mailed back quick.

• JonRob
        JonRob commented
        Editing a comment
        As of yet. They haven’t asked said anything about redoing anything. Hopefully it stays that way. But if they do the physical was way to easy

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        i had to re-do mine. like JonRob said its just annoying but minor. i received an email saying the ones they took at the SI got corrupted or something like that. I received the package, went to my local police DP , took them and mailed them back. After they got them i had to re-certified my equip prior to field portion of BI to commence, a couple of weeks after, met with Investigator.

Last edited by N.N.; 02-18-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shutdowns are always a threat but rarely happen. All im saying is that there are some of us who have been waiting a very long time. Myself, jonrob, bonds, evolution and more. It is just a matter of time before people get frustrated. We all been waiting over a year. Cbp keeps putting recruiting junk up like that but can't work on their current hiring issues. Just going to cause more problems without fixing the internal issues first. People have a right to be ****ed.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by N.N.; 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM.

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        This announcement is over a year old, it was only up on usajobs.gov for some obscene short amount of time. Theres nothing on usajobs.gov now regarding the fast track process. I have been in the process since July ‘17, and just got an EOD. This is not a short process at all; you can’t worry about things out of your control.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        chill out guys, we know the process sucks. I was told my whole life the Federal Government sucks with all of their hiring process. Consistently complaining about the same stuff isnt going anywhere for you. Some police departments are the same way they have thousands of applicants, take the federal government where they have thousands upon thousands of applicants. The government also has people applying that have no business applying (medical problems, Money problems and many other reasons). Nothing you can do can make it better, so just wait the time, we all get it.

• Has anyone met with their investigator twice...stating that they need clarification on a few thing?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        its a common, I did.

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        ok...I've done a public trust background already for the Bureau of Prisons. Just making sure. Had me a little worried. Thinking I might of forgot something

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes I did, after the second one he said he was done and was going to submit.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        what happened for me, I had to talk to him about a time i was reprimanded when i worked for county. I had a POS SGT that didnt like the tactical gloves so when i didnt listen to him and kept wearing them he wrote me up. He stated i was following the guidelines however there wasnt a guideline about gloves. The investigator wrote down and talked about what i stated and left. It just to get both sides of the story.

• For those that got an EOD when are they?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        i was offered EOD (at Thanksgiving time) for april, But ive been seeing people post for around May now.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        my EOD is in May 6 academy is may 20th. They seem to run at least 2 new classes a month and all of those classes are booked until May.

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fletc 5/16-9/20

• Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here with some advice. I submitted an application for 19-2, took the entrance exam and passed it.
      Today I received a letter saying "You were rated ineligible because you failed to provide sufficient details of your experience and a determination of qualifications could not be made"

After calling a bunch of different numbers I received my response, which basically relates to my resume not being good enough. I do not have the number of hours I worked listed, nor do I have specific days on the dates which are apparently a requirement. I've had my resume looked over by a career center, and edited by staff that help people write resumes so I know it's good for any other job.

Judging by the said response, I need to re-edit my resume but now the problem is I do not remember the specific days I started and quit my old jobs.
      Any advice?

I applied based on the merit of being in the National Honor Society. I didn't provide proof as there was no spot for me to actually do so, but I was told that this wasn't a factor, which I'm starting to believe was false information.
      Last edited by Coderedpl; 12-14-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        the 1st time i was rejected the 2nd time i did this and met the standard

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate all the comments, seems like I'll be converting my resume to federal format, and getting my transcript to show the society part just in-case they want it. What i thought was going to be a simple process now turned out to be a pain in the ***.

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        usajobs lets u upload ur current resume or create a federa format resume on ur home page. That's what i did when i applied.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        use USAJobs.gov, I just uploaded my resume on there and they converted it for me. My resume was not done professionally but it still worked. Also request the current transcript, I used an old one, and apparently, there was some missing info, I had to reapplied again... If you have issue uploading encrypted transcript, print it out and scan it back in. It worked for me.

• Interesting

https://www.local10.com/news/politic...-watchdog-says
      18-2

11/24/17: Applied
      12/15/17: NOR
      12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
      1/04/18: Medical
      1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
      2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
      2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
      3/09/18: SI
      3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
      4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
      5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
      ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
      4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
      5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
      6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
      ???: Background - In Progress
      ???: Drug Test

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        DP23 I believe that references the candidates that were hired who’s processes were handled directly by the contractor. The CBP hiring center was still hiring people on their own in the meanwhile.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where is the truth in that article. ApplicAnts are being put throug quicker? What once took over a year now takes 9 months. Ummm yeah ok.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. Oh ok I understand...

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        OKCsparrow I am at the same spot as you. Expect the poly.. How did you clear it? Did you take it? also I am 18-3 50%

Polygraph Pending
        Background - In Progress
        Drug Test - In Progress
        Final Offer - Pending

• Good Evening, I was wondering if FLETC or any other institution near by offers EMT courses while I’m at the academy? I’m going to have a lot of time on my hands during the evenings and weekends while I’m there so I was thinking about getting my EMT license for my local volunteer Fire Dept in Long Island, instead of waiting when I get back in June and then starting EMT school. The State pays for it since I’m giving back to my community so I would like take advantage before I start the hustle and bustle of my new career in Law Enforcement.

EOD 01/18/19 @ JFK - FLETC 02/05/19
      Last edited by OzoneWarrior2016; 12-14-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        You wont have enough time. Especially because you have to put in for state certified slots to be tested with practical.

• ROBYM88
        ROBYM88 commented
        Editing a comment
        You have nights and weekends free, but there is never enough time.

• JFD516
        JFD516 commented
        Editing a comment
        Worry about your career first but the jolly volley stuff behind you until your though probation. This is coming from a guy who’s been in the same spot in Long Island. The Fire House will always be there

• OzoneWarrior2016
        OzoneWarrior2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        JFD516 Make sense. I tend to forget and get all caught up with the volunteering.

• Those who are at 50 percent right now does your cass say pending for poly?

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        solo1 I’m at 50% with a pass on Poly.

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. raptor170 thanks just wondering if it was supposed to say in progress or pending. Im 6.5 months since SI too

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        raptor170 thats crazy what are you waiting on medical?

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        solo1 yes medical and background.

• Those who are at 50 percent right now does your cass say pending for poly?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am @ 50% for less than 1 month now w/ Poly pending. The BI and Drug test is in “progress” whatever that means. Haven’t don’t a drug test yet.

• solo1 Im stuck on 50% in cass poly says pending. No date on that yet though. Ive cleared eqip, medical,fitness, si. 18-11 VRA GS-9

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        striza thanks i was stuck on med review forever been a.while since my si just wondering if it was supposed to say in progress or pending hopefully sometime soon

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 I had to resubmit additional medical for my eyes. Went and saw an eye doctor for a portion I failed at the original medical
        nor 07/31/18
        eqip- /08/15/18
        08/31/2018 - Mecial exam
        09/21/18 - si - VERBAL PASS
        09/22/18 - NOR SI - PASS CASS Update
        10/17/18 - notice of medical failure given until 11/16/2018 to submit paperwork
        10/30/18 - Submitted additional paper work from eye doctor.
        Medical (date unknown) Updated on cass green that I passed medical randomly.

11/5/18 - military fitness granted

stuck on cass 50% since 10-31/18

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        striza Interesting I've kinda noticed a pattern emerge with people that end up having medical issues, it always seems make the entire process longer. A lot of people are in your shoes right now because of similar issues with medical and having to re-verify medical and wait for it to clear. I would say based on everything I have at least read here is that the timeline for you polygraph started when you cleared medical and its hard to say when you'll get the call to do it, some people have been waiting 6 plus months sadly, but there are so many other factors, like what announcement type they applied (DH VRA for and what region they are applying from.

Its hard to say how long it will take and I can't remember when my polygraph said in progress or if it ever did.

I already got an EOD and am at 88% on CASS my BI does say in progress though

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never had a delay with medical but between medical and poly was 6 1/2 months.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5250 users online. 236 members and 5014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X