Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Im pretty pumped! I don't post up often, but I've been waiting for my medical to be cleared after submitting additional paperwork from an Optometrist. While I know there's no rhyme or reason behind the way they schedule these tests, I just received the email to schedule my polygraph!

I was totally expecting the polygraph to come after they cleared my medical. Here's where Im at so far:

July 8- Applied for BPA DH 18-10
    July 9- Written exam
    July 25- NOR written exam (rating 86)
    August 7- TSL received
    August 13- eQIP submitted
    August 16- Fitness and medical exams
    August 17- Background submitted to OPR
    August 20- Fitness test results (pass)
    September 25- Structured interview
    October 9- Additional medical paperwork received
    December 21- Polygraph scheduled

I'll post my results when I receive them... wish me luck.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      They scheduled your poly for December 21st, I got the email today & mine is January 31st lol. Best of luck!!!

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey question.. what were the results from your Optometrist.. did you end up with 20/100 uncorrected?? asking bc i had to submit and i had 20/150

• Bpeace2
      Bpeace2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323 - Mine were 20/25 uncorrected. My vision was fine to begin with.. hell, if anything I thought I might've fudged on the depth perception.

I have no idea what the minimum requirement is... hopefully you'll be good to go!

DP23- best of luck to you as well

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bpeace2- good luck on your poly I finally got my email to do my poly on Dec 18, this after waiting 6 months to schedule it, they schedule it for me and just sent me the email with a week notice.

• Interesting read...

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67592...m_content=2041

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't recall anybody thinking this hiring contract was a good idea from the very beginning.

CBP has always been a backwards thinker. Always pushing hiring new people over retention of the current workforce. Always taking the easy route in hiring instead of investing in a legitimate recruitment force and targeted hiring. It has always been dysfunctional...it simply started out with a large enough hiring pool to offset it's dysfunctions. Mass expansion, a more aware applicant pool, and the erosion of the value of immigration enforcement has caused the applicant pool to dry out...and now CBP pays for its mismanagement.

• So I wanted to side track from normal posts for just a sec, motivation check and a simple exercise idea to throw into your day. I'm sure you guys are for the most part in tip top shape but here's a few things to boost anyone's routine.

Motivation check: Firstly there is this gem (https://youtu.be/IdTMDpizis8)
    Now I love the word "good" and it applies to this process like this... Didn't get an email today for a particular step in the process, GOOD, more time to train. Even if you find it lame it's a strong mindset that drives you in any situation forward. Patience is a virtue.
    Remember while we are all on here to ask questions and help each other, we are also here to support each other through a long process (some longer than others) I know it can suck being in the process for 15 months and seeing someone move through it in 6 but that just becomes another opportunity to get your mind and body right with more preparation.
    Just trying to have a nice post to read this morning that gets at least one person to nod their head and feel a little more motivated.

Simple exercise to add to your day:
    You got 10 minutes, you got time to grind.
    You have any form of social media? If the app is opened on your phone, you got a few minutes. 10 minutes, every minute on the minute drop and do 10 pushups. Once completing the 10 in each minute, stand up and throw in 20 air squats. When the 10th minute pops up you completed 100 pushups and 200 air squats. Easy enough to add to your day. If you can't complete this simple workout, then do what you can each day until you can. You can supplement the air squats with plank holds to build core. Besides your normal routine this is simple to add and can be done anywhere with a watch, phone or clock present. This simple routine can help you achieve 1000 push ups and 2000 squats in a day. Add that to your normal routine and you'll see major results quick.

Also if you looking to continue practice or continue to do the step test from the pft as it is a good short exercise for your calves. Take a milk crate upside down, throw a board over it and drills holes in it and use zip ties to attach it to the crate. Throw any kind of weight underneath and you have a stable platform. I put it up against a wall next to a boxing bag I use and go back and forth. Otherwise its portable too and when not in use can be turned back into a milk crate lol

Anyways ladies and gentleman, hope this adds to your day and daily routine. Hope you remember the suck you feel each day waiting is the same feeling many others are feeling too so your not alone. I know there are many many more applicants not on this board or people reading and not posting. So trust the process and know that no matter what it all ends eventually. One day the process will be a distant memory.

Comment

• MLyn1
      MLyn1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for this post

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      MLyn1 You are very welcome friend.

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Thank you!

Last edited by N.N.; 02-18-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      i really believe you should start counting after your medical clearance . hopefully I am wrong. I have a friend in that boat that needed selective service clearance but was done with SI for a long time and he just got his clearance recently.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      @N.N I think you're the longest, some people have suggested that your actually wait time began when your medical cleared which would still of been awhile ago. No one knows how they do the scheduling for Polygraphs. I dont think you've had the longest wait overall yet so I wouldnt worry. you could do the poly it clear in a week and then do the UA and get the call all in one day and even with a 7 or 8 month wait on poly still of gotten hired faster then some people on here. I don't think you'll hear anything until Jan sadly and thats assuming the government is running still thats the really scary thing right now

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      your time does not start until the med is cleared

• logan94
      logan94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, my medical cleared almost immediately and I’m still at the 6.5 month marker.

• Well considering how the meeting went between President Trump and Democratic leaders Peloski and Chuck. I expect a long government shutdown sadly.

Trump said he would own the shutdown, which is something Democrats will look to benefit from.

Funding stops next week on the 21st, hiring process will stop hand people in academy will go home, people with academy dates will see those dates get pushed back as this isnt an essential function of the government during a shutdown.

Pretty scary stuff to think about, if there's anything to hope for, for Christmas it would be a solution to this problem.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      AlexTejada23 If they offered you a job I believe your safe, I was told academy dates may get pushed back. They said if a shutdown happens they (TSU) would contact me(when government is running again) to let me know that my training date has changed if it does change

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      You shouldn't have gave them notice so far in advance..what if there is a shutdown and your EOD gets pushed back?

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll worry about it when the time comes, as you stated "what if"? So until the shutdown actually happens and its determined as to what happens with EOD, I'l cross that bridge if and when the time comes. It's my discretionary and my job was very much aware of this process since last year and has worked with me since I completed my M.S and applied for it. I don't have to keep secrecy with my job as they knew with my degrees what my intended career field is and we already discussed that if I have to change my date of leaving due to "potential shutdown" then we'll talk about which they completely understood

Anyways, let's just hope for the best m'kay.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      drugs are bad. mmm kay. Lol.

• Its a Christmas miracle! After 25 weeks on med review it just cleared today!

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      damn finally.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 it was brutal man and it was for a nonsense issue. I just forgot about the process and getting the run around from everyone. Now off to the poly...eventually

• This isnt too surprising.
    A report by the Office of the Inspector General revealed Accenture, contracted to help hire 7,500 new agents, is "nowhere near" completing its goals and "risks wasting millions of taxpayer dollars."

Comment

• To those who have been or are in the academy, I would like to ask you a few things here.

1. Does a new 18-week session for CBPOs always start on Monday at FLETC?

2. This is regarding taking your POV to the academy. For example, a new hire who currently lives in NYC takes a flight to San Francisco for his EOD and pre-academy, meaning he's leaving his POV at home in NYC for the time being. His intention is to return to NYC after the pre-academy to pick up his POV and drive down to FLETC. Would his home port allow him to do that rather than sending him directly to FLETC? I understand some travel cost may not be funded by CBP in this case.

3. Someone has told me there are limited parkings at FLETC and you may not be able to take a POV there at times. What are your opinions about this?

Thanks folks.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        One, typically classes start on a Thursday and graduate on a Wednesday. As with most things, when the needs of the service require it, changes do happen.

Two, probably. Check with your admin people at your port during pre-academy to arrange travel.

Three, there's a fair amount of parking in Glynco. Outside of something abnormal occurring, I don't think parking should be a problem.

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy, thanks.

• Is the poly considered to be a lifestyle or CI poly?

Comment

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a full scope poly meaning lifestyle plus CI.

• I recertified my medical and did my drug test today! Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        What job post are you? How long did your medical last? And what do you have to do to recertify it

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hoping to hear something before the holidays. But I doubt it.

• I’m 17-11.
      They emailed me to certify that since the initial medical I have no new injuries or hospitalizations etc.
      I don’t know how long a medical last. I’m already over a year since I did the medical.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        waiting on BI/UA

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Bi/ua. Seems a few of us are in the same boat with similar announcements.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        you would think they would hurry up and get us the eods before the shutdown/holidays

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You and I would think so. But unlike us they don't use logic. It's not their future, so they really don't care. It's us that are sitting here patiently. They do what makes their life easier.

• Question, has anyone ever had to re-do fingerprints? I got a call a few minutes ago from someone and they told them they would be sending priority mail for me to do a fingerprint card. I did fingerprints after I completed my SI so I'm a little confused but I guess they are trying to start my BI which definitely means I got a provisional clearance.

I checked my app and Im at 88% and everything is checked off even final offer only thing still pending is the BI

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        JonRob okay thanks doesn't sound too bad

• JonRob
        JonRob commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s nothing but a minor annoyance. It’s quick. It’s first class you’ll get it in a day or two and it’ll be mailed back quick.

• JonRob
        JonRob commented
        Editing a comment
        As of yet. They haven’t asked said anything about redoing anything. Hopefully it stays that way. But if they do the physical was way to easy

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        i had to re-do mine. like JonRob said its just annoying but minor. i received an email saying the ones they took at the SI got corrupted or something like that. I received the package, went to my local police DP , took them and mailed them back. After they got them i had to re-certified my equip prior to field portion of BI to commence, a couple of weeks after, met with Investigator.

Last edited by N.N.; 02-18-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shutdowns are always a threat but rarely happen. All im saying is that there are some of us who have been waiting a very long time. Myself, jonrob, bonds, evolution and more. It is just a matter of time before people get frustrated. We all been waiting over a year. Cbp keeps putting recruiting junk up like that but can't work on their current hiring issues. Just going to cause more problems without fixing the internal issues first. People have a right to be ****ed.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by N.N.; 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM.

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        This announcement is over a year old, it was only up on usajobs.gov for some obscene short amount of time. Theres nothing on usajobs.gov now regarding the fast track process. I have been in the process since July ‘17, and just got an EOD. This is not a short process at all; you can’t worry about things out of your control.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        chill out guys, we know the process sucks. I was told my whole life the Federal Government sucks with all of their hiring process. Consistently complaining about the same stuff isnt going anywhere for you. Some police departments are the same way they have thousands of applicants, take the federal government where they have thousands upon thousands of applicants. The government also has people applying that have no business applying (medical problems, Money problems and many other reasons). Nothing you can do can make it better, so just wait the time, we all get it.

• Any updates for anybody who is 18-4 DH or 18-7 VRA?
      cass is at 63%, last met with BI in August. I did unfortunately request to wait for a full clearance. Separated from the military in October and already anxious to work.
      Customs Border Protection
      18-4 GS9 DH 18-7 GS9 VRA
      TSL 2/23/18
      Equip 3/15/18
      Medical 3/17/18
      PFT1 3/27/18
      SI 3/30/18
      Poly 6/15/18
      BI interview 8/7/18
      Drug/EOD???

LA Sheriff's Deputy (out of state applicant)
      Written/VPAT 9/26/18
      Interview 9/27/18
      BI/ Live Scan 9/28/18
      Poly 9/29/18
      Ride along(norwalk)/ MCJ 11/??/18
      .08 case disposition added to file 2/9/19
      in house bi visit 2/19/2018

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should of opted for a Provisional if you were anxious to work, some BI's seem to take forever. I got already got the call and haven't even started BI because I opted for a provisional clearance. They seem to just be getting around to my BI now, if I had to wait on it god knows when I would of started considering academy dates now are already booked all the way to May.

Either way this process is crazy man the amount of randomness and difference in waiting between everyone on here is insane. I wouldn't base anything of anyone else I was a VRA 18-12 applicant and already have an EOD there's some other dude who was like a 19-2 and got literally everything cleared in 2 months (poly waiver) and got an EOD.

Some people on here have lived in multiple different countries with multiple different jobs and despite having such a complex background got it cleared in 2 months. I find out something new and random everyday on these forums.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell I'm 17-11 and been sitting at 63% since may.

• Has anyone met with their investigator twice...stating that they need clarification on a few thing?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        its a common, I did.

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        ok...I've done a public trust background already for the Bureau of Prisons. Just making sure. Had me a little worried. Thinking I might of forgot something

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes I did, after the second one he said he was done and was going to submit.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        what happened for me, I had to talk to him about a time i was reprimanded when i worked for county. I had a POS SGT that didnt like the tactical gloves so when i didnt listen to him and kept wearing them he wrote me up. He stated i was following the guidelines however there wasnt a guideline about gloves. The investigator wrote down and talked about what i stated and left. It just to get both sides of the story.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11128 users online. 453 members and 10675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X