Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what the pay steps in time look like for a GS9 hire? What is a officer usually making in 3 years base?

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think in 3 years youd be a GS-12 step 3, just look for a GS calculator so you can find out what locality pay is for the area you're trying to work in

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll go from a GS-09/step 1 year one to a GS-11/02 year two to a GS-12/01 year three.

Base salary for a GS-12/01 in the Rest of the US locality is around 72K today. Three years from now...that will probably be more like 76K if there are three consecutive moderate yearly salary adjustments bumps.

• Good Morning everyone! First off, I want to thank everyone for their post in here. It has been super helpful and I have been looking at what you have had to say about the process since I applied and took my test etc. in October with the 19-1 posting. I finally decided to post in here because I think I may have had a weird scenario and I have not seen anyone else with it in this group.

10/29/18 - Application
    11/12/18 - Entrance Examination
    11/13/18 - NOR (Passed)
    12/04/18 - Tentative Selection

As you see, the order of events line up with majority of the indviduals within the group. Following everyone else I was looking out for email with the SF86/Medical/Poly. Instead, I recieved an email for the Structured Interview which seems to happen at the end for everyone. Has anyone else had this? My TO is for a GS7. I am currently cleared TS/SCI but I don't know if CBP would still run their own background on me anyway. Is this weird? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied around the same time as you. The first few steps can happen in any order. The only thing they enforce is that your medical must be cleared before you can polygraph. Other than that, the scheduling is mostly up to you. I got everything done in about a months time because I did everything as soon as possible. Now I just have to wait for a poly date, while they finish my BI.

CBPO 19-1 GS-7

Applied- 10/30/18
      Exam- 11/01/18
      NoR- 11/05/18
      TO- 11/09/18
      e-QIP submitted- 11/14/18
      Medical- 11/19/18
      e-QIP released to ORP- 11/20/18
      PFT- 11/26/18
      SI- 12/03/18

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      ES21 Who did your original BI for your TS/SCI?

I have one as well and after I took my polygraph my background cleared the next day. I did not even speak to an investigator, so expect that part of the hiring process to go quickly.

• ES21
      ES21 commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish, DoD holds my clearance currently! hbu?

• ES21
      ES21 commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish FBI conducted CI Poly

• Good morning ladies & gentlemen.. on what has seemed as an endless process, I finally received “the call” two weeks ago for my 17-7 advertisement.

EOD: 4/15/19 @ SFO
    FLETC: 4/30/19 @ Glynco
    Gradutation: 9/4/19

That being said, any recruits with similar EOD dates or any current CBPO’s with experience at SFO on what life is like in the Bay Area or at SFO? I’m a native of Miami, FL, so this will be an abrupt change. Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by MikeeeeyMike; 12-11-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• MikeeeeyMike
      MikeeeeyMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you Bonds.. I’m taking a major pay cut from USPS but I know in the long run, it’ll be worth the struggle.. lol

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eod- 04/04/2019
      fletc 04/19/2019

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 We have the same dates. Are you going to JFK?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      no sir, im keeping my butt in the south lol DFW area in good ol Texas hahah

• Quick update I'm 18-8 DH & I just received an email for Poly this morning. It's January 31st in Tucson. Also received the SI for BP yesterday(formally 18-3) now 19-2.

Comment

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      That gives me hope that mine turn to schedule the poly is approaching!!

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tremellio To give you a general timeline, I waited 4 months & 3 days for the email but before I did I sent out quite a few emails. One asking a Tucson recruiter about poly & two asking to update my job & home address through E-Qip. There was a third email but they didn't reply. I can PM you all three email addresses if you want.

• Good Morning everyone,

thank your our for your input reading this forum has been a big help in easing my mind and being patient.

I never actually ally looked at my application group but is there a way to know i originally received my email to take the online assessment on 7/10/18 and i took the CBP exam on 7/18/18. I believe that puts me somewhere around 18-10

Currently i have complete the the PFT-1 and medical exams as well as my SI.

Thank you

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Log into usajobs and click on your name and view applications, click the application then "view original announcements" that should give you all the information you need.

• MLyn1
      MLyn1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I’m definitely 18-10. Awaiting to hear back about my equip since i had to resubmit and i was just notified via email that “due to internal organization” my BI case manager has been reassigned.

• Just heard back from my recruiter. My background is complete. Opr said they are now waiting for final adjudication. So here is hoping everything goes well.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      @i'm a ninja, well my background is complete. Just waiting on final adjudication. So I guess opr does not have it anymore. They are waiting for a response from psd.
      Last edited by Hal29; 12-11-2018, 10:26 PM.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Russ81 whats you academy date? are we going together? I'll be there May 20th

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91, Artesia or Glynco?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevin I'm still waiting on drug test and the call.

It will be g lynco. I applied for cbp not bp.

• 18-4 regular. Just emailed my recruiter about poly scheduling and he called me within 5 minutes (I was surprised).

Unfortunately, there isn’t any info the CAD schedulers are willing to divulge to him on me specifically. He did say that they are priortizing BP moreso than OFO at the moment. I figured this was the case, but the confirmation definitely helped put things at ease.

That being said, I did get referred for another agency that requires a poly so hopefully I will be able to use that to supplement if I haven’t taken CBP’s by then.

Comment

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any successful federal polygraph taking within two years (I believe, but contact OPR for sure) will be used as reciprocity (a “pass”)

• i still don't understand how CBP base pay is soooo low.....43k per year! yikes!

Comment

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats base pay without overtime, locality, night differential, holiday, sunday’s etc etc etc.

• Redwings1993
      Redwings1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      You think that is low?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are many state/local/federal jobs that pay as well or better than OFO. Especially at starting pay.

• truthseeker12
      truthseeker12 commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry guys didn't mean to discourage anyone. I didn't factor OT/locality/etc. I have numerous friends who work PDs who make well over 100K of course its Cali though lol.

• "After reviewing your application, I can see that we are waiting for the final results from the background investigation. We only receive the final results, as the investigation is conducted by the Office of Professional Responsibility.

I can tell you that at least on our end, your application is still active. It is a waiting game for the final results."

E-mail I received from HR concerning my BI. Can anyone explain what this means?

Comment

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the same thing happen with my grad school, but my investigator knocked everything out within the week. You should send an email over or call OPR up to see whats going on. You cant be afraid to ask what’s going on with youe application. I am sure I have annoyed a few HR agents or two.
      Last edited by Russ81; 12-12-2018, 01:44 AM.

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah man, that's the address I e-mailed. Not going to sweat it though. Got promoted at my current job and going to focus on that for now. It's a long journey but going to take this time to get better, physically, mentally and spiritually.

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good deal. A positive attitude always helps. Good luck, you should be good. With this process... no news can be good news.

• So Im pretty pumped! I don't post up often, but I've been waiting for my medical to be cleared after submitting additional paperwork from an Optometrist. While I know there's no rhyme or reason behind the way they schedule these tests, I just received the email to schedule my polygraph!

I was totally expecting the polygraph to come after they cleared my medical. Here's where Im at so far:

July 8- Applied for BPA DH 18-10
    July 9- Written exam
    July 25- NOR written exam (rating 86)
    August 7- TSL received
    August 13- eQIP submitted
    August 16- Fitness and medical exams
    August 17- Background submitted to OPR
    August 20- Fitness test results (pass)
    September 25- Structured interview
    October 9- Additional medical paperwork received
    December 21- Polygraph scheduled

I'll post my results when I receive them... wish me luck.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      They scheduled your poly for December 21st, I got the email today & mine is January 31st lol. Best of luck!!!

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey question.. what were the results from your Optometrist.. did you end up with 20/100 uncorrected?? asking bc i had to submit and i had 20/150

• Bpeace2
      Bpeace2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323 - Mine were 20/25 uncorrected. My vision was fine to begin with.. hell, if anything I thought I might've fudged on the depth perception.

I have no idea what the minimum requirement is... hopefully you'll be good to go!

DP23- best of luck to you as well

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bpeace2- good luck on your poly I finally got my email to do my poly on Dec 18, this after waiting 6 months to schedule it, they schedule it for me and just sent me the email with a week notice.

• Interesting read...

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67592...m_content=2041

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't recall anybody thinking this hiring contract was a good idea from the very beginning.

CBP has always been a backwards thinker. Always pushing hiring new people over retention of the current workforce. Always taking the easy route in hiring instead of investing in a legitimate recruitment force and targeted hiring. It has always been dysfunctional...it simply started out with a large enough hiring pool to offset it's dysfunctions. Mass expansion, a more aware applicant pool, and the erosion of the value of immigration enforcement has caused the applicant pool to dry out...and now CBP pays for its mismanagement.

• So I wanted to side track from normal posts for just a sec, motivation check and a simple exercise idea to throw into your day. I'm sure you guys are for the most part in tip top shape but here's a few things to boost anyone's routine.

Motivation check: Firstly there is this gem (https://youtu.be/IdTMDpizis8)
    Now I love the word "good" and it applies to this process like this... Didn't get an email today for a particular step in the process, GOOD, more time to train. Even if you find it lame it's a strong mindset that drives you in any situation forward. Patience is a virtue.
    Remember while we are all on here to ask questions and help each other, we are also here to support each other through a long process (some longer than others) I know it can suck being in the process for 15 months and seeing someone move through it in 6 but that just becomes another opportunity to get your mind and body right with more preparation.
    Just trying to have a nice post to read this morning that gets at least one person to nod their head and feel a little more motivated.

Simple exercise to add to your day:
    You got 10 minutes, you got time to grind.
    You have any form of social media? If the app is opened on your phone, you got a few minutes. 10 minutes, every minute on the minute drop and do 10 pushups. Once completing the 10 in each minute, stand up and throw in 20 air squats. When the 10th minute pops up you completed 100 pushups and 200 air squats. Easy enough to add to your day. If you can't complete this simple workout, then do what you can each day until you can. You can supplement the air squats with plank holds to build core. Besides your normal routine this is simple to add and can be done anywhere with a watch, phone or clock present. This simple routine can help you achieve 1000 push ups and 2000 squats in a day. Add that to your normal routine and you'll see major results quick.

Also if you looking to continue practice or continue to do the step test from the pft as it is a good short exercise for your calves. Take a milk crate upside down, throw a board over it and drills holes in it and use zip ties to attach it to the crate. Throw any kind of weight underneath and you have a stable platform. I put it up against a wall next to a boxing bag I use and go back and forth. Otherwise its portable too and when not in use can be turned back into a milk crate lol

Anyways ladies and gentleman, hope this adds to your day and daily routine. Hope you remember the suck you feel each day waiting is the same feeling many others are feeling too so your not alone. I know there are many many more applicants not on this board or people reading and not posting. So trust the process and know that no matter what it all ends eventually. One day the process will be a distant memory.

Comment

• MLyn1
      MLyn1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for this post

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      MLyn1 You are very welcome friend.

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Thank you!

Last edited by N.N.; 02-18-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      i really believe you should start counting after your medical clearance . hopefully I am wrong. I have a friend in that boat that needed selective service clearance but was done with SI for a long time and he just got his clearance recently.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      @N.N I think you're the longest, some people have suggested that your actually wait time began when your medical cleared which would still of been awhile ago. No one knows how they do the scheduling for Polygraphs. I dont think you've had the longest wait overall yet so I wouldnt worry. you could do the poly it clear in a week and then do the UA and get the call all in one day and even with a 7 or 8 month wait on poly still of gotten hired faster then some people on here. I don't think you'll hear anything until Jan sadly and thats assuming the government is running still thats the really scary thing right now

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      your time does not start until the med is cleared

• logan94
      logan94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, my medical cleared almost immediately and I’m still at the 6.5 month marker.

• Well considering how the meeting went between President Trump and Democratic leaders Peloski and Chuck. I expect a long government shutdown sadly.

Trump said he would own the shutdown, which is something Democrats will look to benefit from.

Funding stops next week on the 21st, hiring process will stop hand people in academy will go home, people with academy dates will see those dates get pushed back as this isnt an essential function of the government during a shutdown.

Pretty scary stuff to think about, if there's anything to hope for, for Christmas it would be a solution to this problem.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      AlexTejada23 If they offered you a job I believe your safe, I was told academy dates may get pushed back. They said if a shutdown happens they (TSU) would contact me(when government is running again) to let me know that my training date has changed if it does change

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      You shouldn't have gave them notice so far in advance..what if there is a shutdown and your EOD gets pushed back?

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll worry about it when the time comes, as you stated "what if"? So until the shutdown actually happens and its determined as to what happens with EOD, I'l cross that bridge if and when the time comes. It's my discretionary and my job was very much aware of this process since last year and has worked with me since I completed my M.S and applied for it. I don't have to keep secrecy with my job as they knew with my degrees what my intended career field is and we already discussed that if I have to change my date of leaving due to "potential shutdown" then we'll talk about which they completely understood

Anyways, let's just hope for the best m'kay.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      drugs are bad. mmm kay. Lol.

• Its a Christmas miracle! After 25 weeks on med review it just cleared today!

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      damn finally.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 it was brutal man and it was for a nonsense issue. I just forgot about the process and getting the run around from everyone. Now off to the poly...eventually

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8488 users online. 467 members and 8021 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X