Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: I got the call this morning, around 1030am eastern. I was offered mission critical areas first IE AR and CA, I didnt ask for details they then asked me my preference since I was VRA I told them tristate area around NJ. I told them Phil or Newark, they told me Phili was not available but Newark and JFK was. I accepted the position for Newark, NJ going in as a GS-9

I also managed to ask some questions about what happens if the government shuts down. I was told that it doesnt affect people that already accepted job offers, but that academy dates might get changed and pushed back.

I got another call right after for a survey of the application process specifically the polygraph, but once I told him that I just received the call he just asked me my port, EOD and academy date. We talked for a few minutes he asked me if I had any questions about training and then he said he was gonna talk to the person that called me to offer me the job.

EOD: May 6th
    Academy Start: May 20th
    Graduation date: Sept. 24th

Comment

• Kevonnyc
      Kevonnyc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey man congrats. Did you have any medical review follow up?

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevonnyc no, I never had any problem with medical I just went to the provider they scheduled me with and it cleared in like a week or two

• Kevonnyc
      Kevonnyc commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s good man.. how was the polygraph

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevonnyc I had to take two polygraphs, the first one was extremely rough, the second one was literally polar opposite and was a much better experience then the first one.

• Hello All,

I've been following this forum for some time now, let's just say if it wasn't for you guys I would be going crazy. This forum is very informative. Okay, I've applied to CBP several times but never fully went through with the process because I had no idea what CBP was all about until recently. My 1st time actually going through the process, everything was fast pace, I applied, entrance exam, medical exam, vision, SI Interview( all within 4 months), then the PFT ,this is where I hit my road block. I failed the PFT twice, I wasn't in my best shape but I gave it my best. Let me be honest, I was disappointed in myself but I was determined that I was not going to give up and that plus at that time my desire location was not available so I figured it was a chance for me to get in shape. Well so I decide to apply again 19-1( still my desire location was not available but at this point, I was willing to move), everything transferred over and I finally passed my PFT on the third try. At this point, I noticed the process was not going as fast as the 1st time. if it wasn't for me emailing I wouldn't have gotten my information transferred over nor PFT appointment. I noticed that my desire location became available so I applied again 19-2,so now I'm excited and anxious because the process has slowed down and I don't want to miss out.

Medical- in progress
    Polygraph-pending
    drug test- pending
    BI- Pending

Comment

• Six_Eight
      Six_Eight commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats and good luck. What's your desired location?

• ShayBilly
      ShayBilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks, Miami.

• Six_Eight
      Six_Eight commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure you will get it. I heard Miami are def in need for officers.
      Last edited by Six_Eight; 12-11-2018, 07:39 PM.

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      I want Miami also to get back to my home town but the caller told it it was not available. Ill ask again tomorrow. or BPO may have a new signee.

• Hello everyone, can anyone tell me if these boots are acceptable in fletc? Or what kind of boots are we suppose to buy and take with us to the academy? I eod 1/30 and academy 2/14

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm no expert on FLETC interpretation.

A guess...the obvious UA branding might draw some attention from the sticklers to policy. Other than that, I don't see anything that would be an issue in the field...but what works in the field might not fly at FLETC.

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes as long as you can shine the toe area

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      make sure you read into the boot reviews, try them on. When i was in the Military and Worked for the Sheriff department the best advise i was given was to invest in the the best boot. You dont need $300 dollar pair of boots however not ever name brand shoe makes a great tactical boot.

Also think about the terrain you may be working in. I was a Combat MP in the Army, when i worked the road (LE) i wore Nike, when i was in the field (training for Combat) i wore Rocky. I loved both both pair.

• Anyone here has ever gotten offered for DFW area in Texas or selected for DFW area?
    CBP Officers have exciting careers enforcing laws that protect the United States.CBP’s

Comment

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hoping to get DFW myself - but I am VRA so hopefully I actually get a shot at it!

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. I just applied in Aug about 4 months back for the DFW CBPO Hiring Expo. Offered for GS-9 & completed medical/PT/SI and submitted my E-QIP concurrently that day as well! I'm waiting pending medical review/BI, Poly & Urinalysis. I was told the wait can be 6 months long, up to 4 years. Is that true?

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied about 3 months ago in September and reapplied for 19-2 last month and I'm waiting for the same processes as you - Medical Review, Poly, BI, and Drug. I've seen VRAs go through in 2-4 months with a poly waiver, and I've seen regular and VRA applicants on this forum wait up to 2 years. I haven't personally seen up to 4 years.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im VRA and got DFW, i was stuck in medical for over 6 months. total process process 15 months

• I noticed that some that applied through a VRA got Newark , NJ do i have any shot a getting it since im regular announcement?. that would be so ideal since i live 25 min away .

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 N.N. when I told them I wanted the tri-state area they offered me Newark and JFK they said Phil international was not available. I think you can get Newark, when they said I could choose Newark they seemed to imply it needed people somewhat badly as well.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 but you’re a veteran, correct? I believe VRA get more selection opportunities, I don’t think regular announcement applicants ever really get any airports other than JFK, MIA, LAX, and SFO.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. I did apply under VRA, but I think he has a chance didn't someone here get hired like 2 weeks ago and was offered Newark? I dont think they were a VRA

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      we will see! i will definitely post up once im cleared and get the call.

• Took the 19-2 exam last week.
    got an email that I passed the entrance exam

Comment

• Does anyone know what the pay steps in time look like for a GS9 hire? What is a officer usually making in 3 years base?

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think in 3 years youd be a GS-12 step 3, just look for a GS calculator so you can find out what locality pay is for the area you're trying to work in

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll go from a GS-09/step 1 year one to a GS-11/02 year two to a GS-12/01 year three.

Base salary for a GS-12/01 in the Rest of the US locality is around 72K today. Three years from now...that will probably be more like 76K if there are three consecutive moderate yearly salary adjustments bumps.

• Good Morning everyone! First off, I want to thank everyone for their post in here. It has been super helpful and I have been looking at what you have had to say about the process since I applied and took my test etc. in October with the 19-1 posting. I finally decided to post in here because I think I may have had a weird scenario and I have not seen anyone else with it in this group.

10/29/18 - Application
      11/12/18 - Entrance Examination
      11/13/18 - NOR (Passed)
      12/04/18 - Tentative Selection

As you see, the order of events line up with majority of the indviduals within the group. Following everyone else I was looking out for email with the SF86/Medical/Poly. Instead, I recieved an email for the Structured Interview which seems to happen at the end for everyone. Has anyone else had this? My TO is for a GS7. I am currently cleared TS/SCI but I don't know if CBP would still run their own background on me anyway. Is this weird? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Camelbak
        Camelbak commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied around the same time as you. The first few steps can happen in any order. The only thing they enforce is that your medical must be cleared before you can polygraph. Other than that, the scheduling is mostly up to you. I got everything done in about a months time because I did everything as soon as possible. Now I just have to wait for a poly date, while they finish my BI.

CBPO 19-1 GS-7

Applied- 10/30/18
        Exam- 11/01/18
        NoR- 11/05/18
        TO- 11/09/18
        e-QIP submitted- 11/14/18
        Medical- 11/19/18
        e-QIP released to ORP- 11/20/18
        PFT- 11/26/18
        SI- 12/03/18

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        ES21 Who did your original BI for your TS/SCI?

I have one as well and after I took my polygraph my background cleared the next day. I did not even speak to an investigator, so expect that part of the hiring process to go quickly.

• ES21
        ES21 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish, DoD holds my clearance currently! hbu?

• ES21
        ES21 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish FBI conducted CI Poly

• Good morning ladies & gentlemen.. on what has seemed as an endless process, I finally received “the call” two weeks ago for my 17-7 advertisement.

EOD: 4/15/19 @ SFO
      FLETC: 4/30/19 @ Glynco
      Gradutation: 9/4/19

That being said, any recruits with similar EOD dates or any current CBPO’s with experience at SFO on what life is like in the Bay Area or at SFO? I’m a native of Miami, FL, so this will be an abrupt change. Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated.
      Last edited by MikeeeeyMike; 12-11-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• MikeeeeyMike
        MikeeeeyMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you Bonds.. I’m taking a major pay cut from USPS but I know in the long run, it’ll be worth the struggle.. lol

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eod- 04/04/2019
        fletc 04/19/2019

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 We have the same dates. Are you going to JFK?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        no sir, im keeping my butt in the south lol DFW area in good ol Texas hahah

• Quick update I'm 18-8 DH & I just received an email for Poly this morning. It's January 31st in Tucson. Also received the SI for BP yesterday(formally 18-3) now 19-2.

Comment

• Tremellio
        Tremellio commented
        Editing a comment
        That gives me hope that mine turn to schedule the poly is approaching!!

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tremellio To give you a general timeline, I waited 4 months & 3 days for the email but before I did I sent out quite a few emails. One asking a Tucson recruiter about poly & two asking to update my job & home address through E-Qip. There was a third email but they didn't reply. I can PM you all three email addresses if you want.

• Good Morning everyone,

thank your our for your input reading this forum has been a big help in easing my mind and being patient.

I never actually ally looked at my application group but is there a way to know i originally received my email to take the online assessment on 7/10/18 and i took the CBP exam on 7/18/18. I believe that puts me somewhere around 18-10

Currently i have complete the the PFT-1 and medical exams as well as my SI.

Thank you

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Log into usajobs and click on your name and view applications, click the application then "view original announcements" that should give you all the information you need.

• MLyn1
        MLyn1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I’m definitely 18-10. Awaiting to hear back about my equip since i had to resubmit and i was just notified via email that “due to internal organization” my BI case manager has been reassigned.

• Just heard back from my recruiter. My background is complete. Opr said they are now waiting for final adjudication. So here is hoping everything goes well.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        @i'm a ninja, well my background is complete. Just waiting on final adjudication. So I guess opr does not have it anymore. They are waiting for a response from psd.
        Last edited by Hal29; 12-11-2018, 09:26 PM.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Russ81 whats you academy date? are we going together? I'll be there May 20th

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91, Artesia or Glynco?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin I'm still waiting on drug test and the call.

It will be g lynco. I applied for cbp not bp.

• 18-4 regular. Just emailed my recruiter about poly scheduling and he called me within 5 minutes (I was surprised).

Unfortunately, there isn’t any info the CAD schedulers are willing to divulge to him on me specifically. He did say that they are priortizing BP moreso than OFO at the moment. I figured this was the case, but the confirmation definitely helped put things at ease.

That being said, I did get referred for another agency that requires a poly so hopefully I will be able to use that to supplement if I haven’t taken CBP’s by then.

Comment

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any successful federal polygraph taking within two years (I believe, but contact OPR for sure) will be used as reciprocity (a “pass”)

• i still don't understand how CBP base pay is soooo low.....43k per year! yikes!

Comment

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats base pay without overtime, locality, night differential, holiday, sunday’s etc etc etc.

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        You think that is low?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are many state/local/federal jobs that pay as well or better than OFO. Especially at starting pay.

• truthseeker12
        truthseeker12 commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry guys didn't mean to discourage anyone. I didn't factor OT/locality/etc. I have numerous friends who work PDs who make well over 100K of course its Cali though lol.

• "After reviewing your application, I can see that we are waiting for the final results from the background investigation. We only receive the final results, as the investigation is conducted by the Office of Professional Responsibility.

I can tell you that at least on our end, your application is still active. It is a waiting game for the final results."

E-mail I received from HR concerning my BI. Can anyone explain what this means?

Comment

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same thing happen with my grad school, but my investigator knocked everything out within the week. You should send an email over or call OPR up to see whats going on. You cant be afraid to ask what’s going on with youe application. I am sure I have annoyed a few HR agents or two.
        Last edited by Russ81; 12-12-2018, 12:44 AM.

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man, that's the address I e-mailed. Not going to sweat it though. Got promoted at my current job and going to focus on that for now. It's a long journey but going to take this time to get better, physically, mentally and spiritually.

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good deal. A positive attitude always helps. Good luck, you should be good. With this process... no news can be good news.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7768 users online. 374 members and 7394 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X