• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I got the call but I missed it, I was in the shower sadly

Comment

• Greencomms
      Greencomms commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds about right. Throughout the process whenever they have called me it was while I was at work or driving. If you call right back you end up having to leave a message too. It's frustrating.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Greencomms yuppers thats what I had to do, I had a feeling I should of brought my phone in the bathroom with me because I figured it would happen then but I figured since the shower was gonna be short I'd be fine lol.

I'm hoping they call back later today I told them Im free all day today and next week. If they don't that means I'm stuck waiting until Monday.
      Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-07-2018, 12:47 PM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy for ya. Now I gotta wait for my turn. Hopefully my background clears soon and I hear from tsu.

• Does anyone know if answering yes on OF-306 question 14 (relatives working at the same agency, in this case, my dad works for CBP) can delay your hiring process after being put into TSU? My dad does not work at the same location I put in for, and he is not involved in the hiring process whatsoever.

Edit: Update -

Just got the call.

EOD: Apr 24, 2019
    Academy: May 09, 2019
    Graduate: Sep 13, 2019

Last edited by Greencomms; 12-07-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Six_Eight
      Six_Eight commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      no,it wont. its just a reference point.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like if youre dad shows up late and has a bad attitude they will assume you can be that way. If he is a great worker and stuff they will assume you will be in the same foot steps

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! I'm in Dulles, VA too! I leave for FLETC in February!

• Just out of curiosity, do we have anyone here familiar with NY/NJ port authority? Is the work/day to day basis similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greencomms View Post
      Does anyone know if answering yes on OF-306 question 14 (relatives working at the same agency, in this case, my dad works for CBP) can delay your hiring process after being put into TSU? My dad does not work at the same location I put in for, and he is not involved in the hiring process whatsoever.

Edit: Update -

Just got the call.

EOD: Apr 24, 2019
      Academy: May 09, 2019
      Graduate: Sep 13, 2019
      Do you know how long it took for your BI to go green?
      I've done my entire process backwards,

Took the poly, medical, structure interview, than drug test all in that order. Process for all 4 was within 3 weeks, than last week was told I was assigned a BI. I have a meeting with her on Friday to verify DL and citizenship,

I am from the SoCal region as well.

Comment

• Greencomms
        Greencomms commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied on 10OCT2018, and my BI went green in the app on 26NOV2018. I never met anyone for the BI or talked with anyone about it. It went green on the same day that I received an approved polygraph waiver.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are You a veteran?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        he has to have a clearance, a TS clearance. Thats why his BI went so quick.

• Greencomms
        Greencomms commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I'm not sure if you were directing that to me or to the original poster. I am a veteran, yes.

• Has anyone taken the polygraph and told you passed verbally and taken a month or more to get the email stating that you passed??? I took my polygraph on November 9, 2018 and I still haven't received any email and my app states its still pending...

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Calitown Thats what I thought too and I have been seeing everyone get it within a week or two and even as yourself the very next day.. I called the CBP Frontline Hiring Center and they tell me that they have not received it yet without even asking me for my application ID as if they are just trying to not want to help or search it up.. What should I do or who should I contact as they also told me it can take up to 2 months?!

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6

Applied-03/30/18
        Exam-4/3/2018
        NOR-4/12/18
        Tentative Selection Letter-4/20/18
        Eqip Rejected-5/2/18
        Medical-5/3/18
        PFFT-5/3/18
        Eqip NOR to OPR-5/4/18
        PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
        Medical Passed- 5/19/18
        SI-6/14/2018
        SI Passed-6/15/2018
        Polygraph scheduled-11/9/18
        Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18

CASS APP-50%

Poly-Pending
        BI-In Progress
        Drug-In Progress
        Final Offer-Pending

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        CBPO.BPJ I was verbally told I passed when I took my polygraph.

I got a NOR email about a week later from the test administrator telling me OPR accepted the results.

Either the person who administered your test hasn't sent the results to OPR or they are still processing it.

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 yea... I just called them again just now and the gentleman who answered now actually asked me for my ID and he said they have not received. He stated once they review it they will send it to them and they will have an update but for the meantime I will have to wait... This is sooooo frustrating and I just want to know already when I'm starting! I also wonder if me letting my examiner about my Eqip needing update as when I was putting in my children I noticed I didn't add my sons that passed away. He informed me he will update my Eqip but never got their date of birth or their DOD...

• Well, ended up making the Referral list for another Fed position today, non-LEO, much higher pay grade though. If I end up getting a Tenative Offer, I’ll probably withdraw from CBP. This agency is going to continue to lose quality candidates to other opportunities if they can’t figure out how to improve their hiring process. Just under 6.5 months since my SI and still haven’t heard a peep on the poly. I can’t wait around forever.

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I've been "referred" for ATC as well. Status on USAJOBS changed in October after taking the exam. But i figured I'd stay with CBP.. Less stress. Lol

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        My friend has been an atc for years..they make BANK!!!!!!!....if you can hack it go for it.....for instance if he took a position in NY they offered him close to 400k a year...they make an insane amount of money for the feds

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I could be wrong on this, but I believe ATC is the highest paying non-management position in the Feds. I actually have a few family members who are ATC, they say it is stressful, but not as bad as people think. They’re entrance exam is pretty intense though, it basically seems like a stress management test. Lol

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I completely understand. I have been going through the process for 15 months and haven't heard anything since my S.I back in May of this year. Can't wait around forever.

Last edited by Lawati; 12-13-2018, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure there is. They are in severe need for officers. Also the location I'm trying to get as well.

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        same.. possibility if not Texas maybe??

• I got the call today! Or 2 calls whichever you wanna call it! Received offers from both CBPO as well as BP. I'm ecstatic as I have options, but am open to hearing opinions on which direction I should go! I'm excited but want to make sure I make the right call I guess you could say. Love to hear from everyone in regards to this. Thanks!

Comment

• jayeski3
        jayeski3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I cleared through background. KevinMO91 Glad you got the call today too! I'm sure they will call you again by Monday if they didn't call you again today. To be honest I missed the first call as I was on car duty (I'm a teacher). Luckily enough the other two calls came during my lunch time. I'm definitely looking at both sides and wanted opinions. Thanks for the input!

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        if you are married talk to the wife, let her be informed. I wanted to do BPA but for my marriage i took CBPO lol she still wants me to stay in construction since the money is good and i get holidays off but CBPO was our negation for me to do something i enjoy and for her peace of mind.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The choice is a bit like the movie The Matrix. You can choose to be plugged in and live the illusions of work satisfaction, belonging, and contentment within the BP. The downside is that nearly 90% of the BP works rural southern border. Basically, little interior living, few urban options on that path.

You can choose to remain unplugged within OFO and experience a true dystopian existence while at work. The plus side..no Koolaid to drink and you can live outside of work in a real town or city.

Those who typically define themselves by their job tend to appreciate the BP. Those who typically define themselves by family, friends, and non-work life tend to better fit within OFO.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats jayeski3 !! i see you are 18-2 which is close to my announcement of 18-3 for cbpo. would you mind sharing your timeline? or at least tell me how much it took from the last time you met with your BI to you getting cleared/adjudicated? thanks and good luck in your career brother.

• How long does a background typically take to clear? I'm almost 4 months in.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 from everything I read on this forum it really just depends on luck, and who you get doing your case. There's some people here that have pretty complex history with multiple employers and living in other countries and their stuff seemed to clear in only a few months.

I didn't hear anything about my BI period and I already got the call.

It's sucks seeing how the process seems to go for other people.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29- i get you're frustration, however you need to take a step back and breath man. The process sucks, its not fair and everything else we all get it. You are driving yourself crazy man, i see you checking in on everyone posting about their timeline but at the end of the day its making you crazy man. The only way to get through this process is just to forget about it and let it come to you.

I understand the work environment sucks for you right now, and everyone in this process is passing you up while youre on final stretch of the hiring process. You will get there just sucks waiting for it man.

• Has anyone heard about when selections will be made from the most recent Aviation Enforcement Agent position? I applied on Sept 26, 2018 and haven’t heard a thing!

Comment

• Finally my background cleared after months of waiting...

75% on the app

Anyone else waited over a year? 17-11?

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29- when mine cleared it cleared on Saturday and no email just in the app. The same thing happened to my medical.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          17/10 GS9 waiting on UA...Hopefully this week

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          how many months exactly? JonRob?

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          JonRob Congratulations! I have been waiting for 15 months now. Haven't heard anything since May of this year.. 18-1 then re-applied to 18-3.

• 17-10 direct hire and my background just cleared as well. I did not receive an email, just happened to check the app today.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on here and on another forum, it seems there are a lot of people who got their BI cleared over the past 24 hours. Strange how it seems to come in waves...

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Roachie10 how long did it take to clear?

• Roachie10
          Roachie10 commented
          Editing a comment
          About 6 months. There definitely seems to be a new wave of folks moving forward.

• I just wanted to thank the moderator and posters on This forum because there is a stark contrast between this forum and Delphi. I browsed Delphi for a while
        just trying to find classmates and garner info but found that the Delphi forum was pretty snarky and nasty and chatty. Thanks everyone who participates and is able to keep their cool and their rude comments under wraps .

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea but people do get a little too whiny in here...i mean most of us are frustrated with the process...but i try not to express it on the forums

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Evolution81 fair enough, but I do believe that’s just part of the nature of Internet forums in general. For instance, on most professional sport team message boards, you’ll find 90% of the comments are people complaining about the team, 10% are positive when the team wins, but then people don’t talk about the team at all 95% of time time away from the message board. It’s just the ways of the internet.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Delphi's CBPO forum used to be a great place and an excellent resource for both new applicants and current employees. Sadly, it has been taken over recently by trolls, bitter hypocritical former BP agents, bashing outsiders, and general negativism activists who have driven off most of the long-term CBPOs off the site. It's really a shame how the Delphi board has gone down the toilet.

• D.Brown
          D.Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          haha. I thought the same thing. The guy that runs that forum. He thinks he's God and talks bad about everyone. Well from what I observed. Not my cup of tea.

• This is a random question I was just thinking about the other day, but I realized that about 50% of CBP officers seem to wear patch sets on their vests that say "CBP Federal Officer" while the other 50% have ones that read "POLICE US Customs and Border Protection." I'm assuming that since both are in use, it's the officer's preference as to which one you wear? Or is one simply being phased out for the other?

Personally, I think the Police one makes more sense just from a visuals standpoint. Especially in this field where Officers are dealing with foreigners, "Police" is a much more universally known term. I bet the majority of people who come in contact with officers don't even know what CBP stands for.

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 oh so they were wearing internal? Oh if I had to pick I would much rather wear external I hate internal anything. I'm guessing its changed to where you can wear external now though?I hope so I'm 80% sure that when they/if they call me back tomorrow Im gonna ask for/ get Newark.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kevin,

External carriers are pretty much authorized in every normal situation as of today...seaport, airport, rail, land border, etc.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have always preferred internal carriers in the winter. It's basically like wearing an insulated vest under the uniform. External carriers can also get caught up on a coat when donning and doffing the coat and just generally bulk a person more...especially if you add pouches and accessories to an external carrier.

Plus, there is the head shot factor. Wear an obvious vest, perhaps influence a headshot when compared to wearing a vest concealed under the uniform shirt.

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was issued both patch sets, at my Port its personal preference. I wear Police because 75% of the people I encounter think I work for Canada Border Patrol, even Americans...

• Any other 18-9’s here? Where are you guys in the process? I did my SI at the end of August... still waiting for the Pilot.. I’m sure they are just waiting to schedule to screw up my vacation again this year.

Comment

• striza
          striza commented
          Editing a comment
          18-11 VRA GS9 Stuck on 50% here. Waiting for poly and bi notifications for the next step.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8701 users online. 368 members and 8333 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X