Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Lawati; 12-13-2018, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure there is. They are in severe need for officers. Also the location I'm trying to get as well.

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      same.. possibility if not Texas maybe??

• I got the call today! Or 2 calls whichever you wanna call it! Received offers from both CBPO as well as BP. I'm ecstatic as I have options, but am open to hearing opinions on which direction I should go! I'm excited but want to make sure I make the right call I guess you could say. Love to hear from everyone in regards to this. Thanks!

Comment

• jayeski3
      jayeski3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I cleared through background. KevinMO91 Glad you got the call today too! I'm sure they will call you again by Monday if they didn't call you again today. To be honest I missed the first call as I was on car duty (I'm a teacher). Luckily enough the other two calls came during my lunch time. I'm definitely looking at both sides and wanted opinions. Thanks for the input!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      if you are married talk to the wife, let her be informed. I wanted to do BPA but for my marriage i took CBPO lol she still wants me to stay in construction since the money is good and i get holidays off but CBPO was our negation for me to do something i enjoy and for her peace of mind.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The choice is a bit like the movie The Matrix. You can choose to be plugged in and live the illusions of work satisfaction, belonging, and contentment within the BP. The downside is that nearly 90% of the BP works rural southern border. Basically, little interior living, few urban options on that path.

You can choose to remain unplugged within OFO and experience a true dystopian existence while at work. The plus side..no Koolaid to drink and you can live outside of work in a real town or city.

Those who typically define themselves by their job tend to appreciate the BP. Those who typically define themselves by family, friends, and non-work life tend to better fit within OFO.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats jayeski3 !! i see you are 18-2 which is close to my announcement of 18-3 for cbpo. would you mind sharing your timeline? or at least tell me how much it took from the last time you met with your BI to you getting cleared/adjudicated? thanks and good luck in your career brother.

• How long does a background typically take to clear? I'm almost 4 months in.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 from everything I read on this forum it really just depends on luck, and who you get doing your case. There's some people here that have pretty complex history with multiple employers and living in other countries and their stuff seemed to clear in only a few months.

I didn't hear anything about my BI period and I already got the call.

It's sucks seeing how the process seems to go for other people.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29- i get you're frustration, however you need to take a step back and breath man. The process sucks, its not fair and everything else we all get it. You are driving yourself crazy man, i see you checking in on everyone posting about their timeline but at the end of the day its making you crazy man. The only way to get through this process is just to forget about it and let it come to you.

I understand the work environment sucks for you right now, and everyone in this process is passing you up while youre on final stretch of the hiring process. You will get there just sucks waiting for it man.

• Has anyone heard about when selections will be made from the most recent Aviation Enforcement Agent position? I applied on Sept 26, 2018 and haven’t heard a thing!

Comment

• Finally my background cleared after months of waiting...

75% on the app

Anyone else waited over a year? 17-11?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29- when mine cleared it cleared on Saturday and no email just in the app. The same thing happened to my medical.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        17/10 GS9 waiting on UA...Hopefully this week

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        how many months exactly? JonRob?

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        JonRob Congratulations! I have been waiting for 15 months now. Haven't heard anything since May of this year.. 18-1 then re-applied to 18-3.

• 17-10 direct hire and my background just cleared as well. I did not receive an email, just happened to check the app today.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Based on here and on another forum, it seems there are a lot of people who got their BI cleared over the past 24 hours. Strange how it seems to come in waves...

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        Roachie10 how long did it take to clear?

• Roachie10
        Roachie10 commented
        Editing a comment
        About 6 months. There definitely seems to be a new wave of folks moving forward.

• I just wanted to thank the moderator and posters on This forum because there is a stark contrast between this forum and Delphi. I browsed Delphi for a while
      just trying to find classmates and garner info but found that the Delphi forum was pretty snarky and nasty and chatty. Thanks everyone who participates and is able to keep their cool and their rude comments under wraps .

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea but people do get a little too whiny in here...i mean most of us are frustrated with the process...but i try not to express it on the forums

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 fair enough, but I do believe that’s just part of the nature of Internet forums in general. For instance, on most professional sport team message boards, you’ll find 90% of the comments are people complaining about the team, 10% are positive when the team wins, but then people don’t talk about the team at all 95% of time time away from the message board. It’s just the ways of the internet.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Delphi's CBPO forum used to be a great place and an excellent resource for both new applicants and current employees. Sadly, it has been taken over recently by trolls, bitter hypocritical former BP agents, bashing outsiders, and general negativism activists who have driven off most of the long-term CBPOs off the site. It's really a shame how the Delphi board has gone down the toilet.

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        haha. I thought the same thing. The guy that runs that forum. He thinks he's God and talks bad about everyone. Well from what I observed. Not my cup of tea.

• This is a random question I was just thinking about the other day, but I realized that about 50% of CBP officers seem to wear patch sets on their vests that say "CBP Federal Officer" while the other 50% have ones that read "POLICE US Customs and Border Protection." I'm assuming that since both are in use, it's the officer's preference as to which one you wear? Or is one simply being phased out for the other?

Personally, I think the Police one makes more sense just from a visuals standpoint. Especially in this field where Officers are dealing with foreigners, "Police" is a much more universally known term. I bet the majority of people who come in contact with officers don't even know what CBP stands for.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 oh so they were wearing internal? Oh if I had to pick I would much rather wear external I hate internal anything. I'm guessing its changed to where you can wear external now though?I hope so I'm 80% sure that when they/if they call me back tomorrow Im gonna ask for/ get Newark.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin,

External carriers are pretty much authorized in every normal situation as of today...seaport, airport, rail, land border, etc.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have always preferred internal carriers in the winter. It's basically like wearing an insulated vest under the uniform. External carriers can also get caught up on a coat when donning and doffing the coat and just generally bulk a person more...especially if you add pouches and accessories to an external carrier.

Plus, there is the head shot factor. Wear an obvious vest, perhaps influence a headshot when compared to wearing a vest concealed under the uniform shirt.

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was issued both patch sets, at my Port its personal preference. I wear Police because 75% of the people I encounter think I work for Canada Border Patrol, even Americans...

• Any other 18-9’s here? Where are you guys in the process? I did my SI at the end of August... still waiting for the Pilot.. I’m sure they are just waiting to schedule to screw up my vacation again this year.

Comment

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        18-11 VRA GS9 Stuck on 50% here. Waiting for poly and bi notifications for the next step.

• Update: I got the call this morning, around 1030am eastern. I was offered mission critical areas first IE AR and CA, I didnt ask for details they then asked me my preference since I was VRA I told them tristate area around NJ. I told them Phil or Newark, they told me Phili was not available but Newark and JFK was. I accepted the position for Newark, NJ going in as a GS-9

I also managed to ask some questions about what happens if the government shuts down. I was told that it doesnt affect people that already accepted job offers, but that academy dates might get changed and pushed back.

I got another call right after for a survey of the application process specifically the polygraph, but once I told him that I just received the call he just asked me my port, EOD and academy date. We talked for a few minutes he asked me if I had any questions about training and then he said he was gonna talk to the person that called me to offer me the job.

EOD: May 6th
      Academy Start: May 20th
      Graduation date: Sept. 24th

Comment

• Kevonnyc
        Kevonnyc commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey man congrats. Did you have any medical review follow up?

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevonnyc no, I never had any problem with medical I just went to the provider they scheduled me with and it cleared in like a week or two

• Kevonnyc
        Kevonnyc commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s good man.. how was the polygraph

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevonnyc I had to take two polygraphs, the first one was extremely rough, the second one was literally polar opposite and was a much better experience then the first one.

• Hello All,

I've been following this forum for some time now, let's just say if it wasn't for you guys I would be going crazy. This forum is very informative. Okay, I've applied to CBP several times but never fully went through with the process because I had no idea what CBP was all about until recently. My 1st time actually going through the process, everything was fast pace, I applied, entrance exam, medical exam, vision, SI Interview( all within 4 months), then the PFT ,this is where I hit my road block. I failed the PFT twice, I wasn't in my best shape but I gave it my best. Let me be honest, I was disappointed in myself but I was determined that I was not going to give up and that plus at that time my desire location was not available so I figured it was a chance for me to get in shape. Well so I decide to apply again 19-1( still my desire location was not available but at this point, I was willing to move), everything transferred over and I finally passed my PFT on the third try. At this point, I noticed the process was not going as fast as the 1st time. if it wasn't for me emailing I wouldn't have gotten my information transferred over nor PFT appointment. I noticed that my desire location became available so I applied again 19-2,so now I'm excited and anxious because the process has slowed down and I don't want to miss out.

Medical- in progress
      Polygraph-pending
      drug test- pending
      BI- Pending

Comment

• Six_Eight
        Six_Eight commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats and good luck. What's your desired location?

• ShayBilly
        ShayBilly commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey thanks, Miami.

• Six_Eight
        Six_Eight commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you will get it. I heard Miami are def in need for officers.
        Last edited by Six_Eight; 12-11-2018, 08:39 PM.

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        I want Miami also to get back to my home town but the caller told it it was not available. Ill ask again tomorrow. or BPO may have a new signee.

• Hello everyone, can anyone tell me if these boots are acceptable in fletc? Or what kind of boots are we suppose to buy and take with us to the academy? I eod 1/30 and academy 2/14

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm no expert on FLETC interpretation.

A guess...the obvious UA branding might draw some attention from the sticklers to policy. Other than that, I don't see anything that would be an issue in the field...but what works in the field might not fly at FLETC.

• EnforceTheLawBro
        EnforceTheLawBro commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes as long as you can shine the toe area

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        make sure you read into the boot reviews, try them on. When i was in the Military and Worked for the Sheriff department the best advise i was given was to invest in the the best boot. You dont need $300 dollar pair of boots however not ever name brand shoe makes a great tactical boot.

Also think about the terrain you may be working in. I was a Combat MP in the Army, when i worked the road (LE) i wore Nike, when i was in the field (training for Combat) i wore Rocky. I loved both both pair.

• Anyone here has ever gotten offered for DFW area in Texas or selected for DFW area?
      CBP Officers have exciting careers enforcing laws that protect the United States.CBP’s

Comment

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm hoping to get DFW myself - but I am VRA so hopefully I actually get a shot at it!

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. I just applied in Aug about 4 months back for the DFW CBPO Hiring Expo. Offered for GS-9 & completed medical/PT/SI and submitted my E-QIP concurrently that day as well! I'm waiting pending medical review/BI, Poly & Urinalysis. I was told the wait can be 6 months long, up to 4 years. Is that true?

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied about 3 months ago in September and reapplied for 19-2 last month and I'm waiting for the same processes as you - Medical Review, Poly, BI, and Drug. I've seen VRAs go through in 2-4 months with a poly waiver, and I've seen regular and VRA applicants on this forum wait up to 2 years. I haven't personally seen up to 4 years.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im VRA and got DFW, i was stuck in medical for over 6 months. total process process 15 months

• I noticed that some that applied through a VRA got Newark , NJ do i have any shot a getting it since im regular announcement?. that would be so ideal since i live 25 min away .

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 N.N. when I told them I wanted the tri-state area they offered me Newark and JFK they said Phil international was not available. I think you can get Newark, when they said I could choose Newark they seemed to imply it needed people somewhat badly as well.

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 but you’re a veteran, correct? I believe VRA get more selection opportunities, I don’t think regular announcement applicants ever really get any airports other than JFK, MIA, LAX, and SFO.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I did apply under VRA, but I think he has a chance didn't someone here get hired like 2 weeks ago and was offered Newark? I dont think they were a VRA

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        we will see! i will definitely post up once im cleared and get the call.

• Took the 19-2 exam last week.
      got an email that I passed the entrance exam

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4659 users online. 224 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X