Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, I’m new here, like so many others. Unlike many in this process, I have never spoken with a CBP recruiter and do not know any, so any and all information is appreciated. I applied for CBPO VRA GS-9 19-1 on 10/10/2018. Status so far in the CBP Jobs app is as follows:

EQIP – Completed
    Fitness Exam – In Progress (Passed it 12/05/2018.)
    Medical Exam – Completed
    Structured Interview – Completed
    Polygraph – Pending (I have an approved waiver as of 11/26/2018)
    Background Investigation – Completed
    Drug – In Progress (Performed 11/28/2018 and awaiting update)
    Fitness Exam 2 – N/A
    Final Offer – Pending

For anyone that may be in the know, regarding a polygraph waiver, do I still have to wait for them to schedule the polygraph even though my waiver was approved? What sort of time frame do people often see before their status is updated after performing the Drug or Fitness exam? Does anyone have an educated guess on an expected time frame for me from here before I can move forward?

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I moved through the process fast at 4 months. I got put into TSU yesterday (same day I took the drug test)

You should be getting put in TSU or straight up getting the call very soon. They usually only do the UA when they're about to give you the call. You'll def be the fastest turn around on here at either alittle over 2 months or 3

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      that **** is ridiculous talk about a fast mover...SMH....i haven't even taken the UA yet and im done with everything

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      evolution he is a vet that put in the time and had a waiver for poly, that means he has or has had a TS clearance. So he already had a crazy BI already thats why his process streamlined so quick

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fed employee 13 years 7 sf86s/1 sf85p....you think it would be a no brainer

• Just a quick update for you guys. VRA 18-3. Medical was submitted 23 weeks ago (about 6 months). SI passed 6 months ago as well. Just waiting on medical to clear.

Comment

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that's what I meant. Sent in additional 23 weeks ago.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      medical and poly/BI is the longest part. Really just forget about the process and then when you get a email reply back quickly. My process was just as bad man, i applied at the end of September 2017, just offered the job the Monday after thanksgiving

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      what did they make you send additional info for regarding the medical? they made me take the eye exam again and resubmit.. still waiting for clearance

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They wanted more paper work about my back and how it healed, I didnt have alot of paperwork since i let it heal on its own and didnt go to a doctor.

I had a tear disk and 2 buldge disk from the Army, they could not do surgery since it was high risk. The doctor stated, it will heal over the next 2 years but you have to be light on it and work out at you're pace. I discharge out of the Army stop going to the VA, i started working out lightly. Every day i worked out, my job was a work out but my body healed over a year and a half. I had to type up a report on how i made the recovery and what i do on a day to day basis so they can evaluate me. That paperwork took 14.5 weeks by its self to clear.

• So I emailed Medical review yesterday, this is what I ggot:
    Thank you for your interest with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Your file is currently under higher level review. If additional information is recommended, you will be contacted by email. Please check your email and the mobile app regularly for updates.
    If you need additional assistance please click here for a full list of Hiring Center contacts.

Thank you,

Is this the new basic email they send everyone? Ive been waiting 7 months

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you got that response yesterday then yes that's a basic automated response, the federal government was closed yesterday for Bush's funeral.

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      @kevinMO91
      I got that email this morning

• Any has or recently had a EOD that has a packing list for the CBPO Academy? i understand im not moving there however i want to know what should come with me.

Ive looked for Uniform guidelines for uniforms but havent had any luck, does anyone else have this info?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No tips on the VA i just know you can use it. Last time i used it for a little bit it was real simple, sign in using VA benefits select on the job training fill out the paperwork and they will call you. Make sure you use the OJT (on the job training) they pay out is over a 2 year pay out. if you used some of it they will shrinkin the length to compensate. I will call them next week. i just remember it took a month or 2 for them to pay out when i went to a trade school. They want to verify that you show up and actually attend.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks vik2500

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      https://nebula.wsimg.com/81946546684...&alloworigin=1

OFO uniform handbook.
      Last edited by merlin436; 12-07-2018, 09:34 AM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks bud, i couldnt remember youre name but i knew u would know.

• Update: I got put into TSU today and they emailed me requesting I provide a completed OF-306 and VRA Agreement. I have now sent them the requested documents and am awaiting further instruction.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat I did the same exact thing on Tuesday

Edit: to add the email stated it takes up to 5 business days to recieve and process the forms and once they do they're suppose to send a confirmation email.
      Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-06-2018, 05:07 PM.

• I notice that BP applicants are moving a whole lot faster so I just finished applying. Entrance Exam on Wednesday.
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I was told the same thing. Bp has a lot less people applying and cannot fill academy.

• Completed my poly today, verbal pass.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! How was your experience overall? Where did you take your poly at?

• Had my BI Interview yesterday. Now the process of waiting for it to clear. 19-2 GS9 Negotiable. Previously 18-6 5-7 DH...Currently working for the Bureau of Prison. 7-4. Anyone know the possibility of getting Atlanta,GA. If not I chose Dulles, VA. Thanks

Comment

• Six_Eight
      Six_Eight commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. What joint you work at?

• Greencomms
      Greencomms commented
      Editing a comment
      I put in for Dulles, VA as my preferred location. If you don't get your number 1 choice, we might end up working together.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Six-Eight...I am working at Bennettsville, SC. Greencomms...If I don't get Atlanta I will be heading to Dulles, VA wide open lol

• Current update: Received email from CBP stating the paperwork I emailed them for TSU was accepted and processed. My drug test hasn't turned green yet. Hopefully, now that they have the paperwork and its processed I'm closer to the call. I'm 110% certain I received a provisional clearance as well.

Current Timeline

VRA GS-9 8-12

Applied-08/06/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-08/10/18
    PFFT- Wavied
    SI- 09/20/2018
    Si Passed- 09/21/18
    Medical-10/05/18
    Medical Passed -10/12/18
    Polygraph scheduled for-10/31/18 (Inconclusive)
    Polygraph Scheduled for - 11/14/18
    Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/14/18
    Polygraph showed PASSED on APP 11/19/18
    Drug test Scheduled 12/04/18
    Drug test 12/05/18
    Placed into TSU 12/05/18

CASS APP showing 63%
    BI-In progress
    Drug test - In progress
    Final Offer-Pending

Comment

• Well I got the call but I missed it, I was in the shower sadly

Comment

• Greencomms
        Greencomms commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds about right. Throughout the process whenever they have called me it was while I was at work or driving. If you call right back you end up having to leave a message too. It's frustrating.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greencomms yuppers thats what I had to do, I had a feeling I should of brought my phone in the bathroom with me because I figured it would happen then but I figured since the shower was gonna be short I'd be fine lol.

I'm hoping they call back later today I told them Im free all day today and next week. If they don't that means I'm stuck waiting until Monday.
        Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-07-2018, 01:47 PM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm happy for ya. Now I gotta wait for my turn. Hopefully my background clears soon and I hear from tsu.

• Does anyone know if answering yes on OF-306 question 14 (relatives working at the same agency, in this case, my dad works for CBP) can delay your hiring process after being put into TSU? My dad does not work at the same location I put in for, and he is not involved in the hiring process whatsoever.

Edit: Update -

Just got the call.

EOD: Apr 24, 2019
      Academy: May 09, 2019
      Graduate: Sep 13, 2019

Last edited by Greencomms; 12-07-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Six_Eight
        Six_Eight commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!!!!

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        no,it wont. its just a reference point.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like if youre dad shows up late and has a bad attitude they will assume you can be that way. If he is a great worker and stuff they will assume you will be in the same foot steps

• AlexTejada23
        AlexTejada23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!! I'm in Dulles, VA too! I leave for FLETC in February!

• Just out of curiosity, do we have anyone here familiar with NY/NJ port authority? Is the work/day to day basis similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greencomms View Post
        Does anyone know if answering yes on OF-306 question 14 (relatives working at the same agency, in this case, my dad works for CBP) can delay your hiring process after being put into TSU? My dad does not work at the same location I put in for, and he is not involved in the hiring process whatsoever.

Edit: Update -

Just got the call.

EOD: Apr 24, 2019
        Academy: May 09, 2019
        Graduate: Sep 13, 2019
        Do you know how long it took for your BI to go green?
        I've done my entire process backwards,

Took the poly, medical, structure interview, than drug test all in that order. Process for all 4 was within 3 weeks, than last week was told I was assigned a BI. I have a meeting with her on Friday to verify DL and citizenship,

I am from the SoCal region as well.

Comment

• Greencomms
          Greencomms commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied on 10OCT2018, and my BI went green in the app on 26NOV2018. I never met anyone for the BI or talked with anyone about it. It went green on the same day that I received an approved polygraph waiver.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are You a veteran?

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          he has to have a clearance, a TS clearance. Thats why his BI went so quick.

• Greencomms
          Greencomms commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 I'm not sure if you were directing that to me or to the original poster. I am a veteran, yes.

• Has anyone taken the polygraph and told you passed verbally and taken a month or more to get the email stating that you passed??? I took my polygraph on November 9, 2018 and I still haven't received any email and my app states its still pending...

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Calitown Thats what I thought too and I have been seeing everyone get it within a week or two and even as yourself the very next day.. I called the CBP Frontline Hiring Center and they tell me that they have not received it yet without even asking me for my application ID as if they are just trying to not want to help or search it up.. What should I do or who should I contact as they also told me it can take up to 2 months?!

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          18-6

Applied-03/30/18
          Exam-4/3/2018
          NOR-4/12/18
          Tentative Selection Letter-4/20/18
          Eqip Rejected-5/2/18
          Medical-5/3/18
          PFFT-5/3/18
          Eqip NOR to OPR-5/4/18
          PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
          Medical Passed- 5/19/18
          SI-6/14/2018
          SI Passed-6/15/2018
          Polygraph scheduled-11/9/18
          Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18

CASS APP-50%

Poly-Pending
          BI-In Progress
          Drug-In Progress
          Final Offer-Pending

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPO.BPJ I was verbally told I passed when I took my polygraph.

I got a NOR email about a week later from the test administrator telling me OPR accepted the results.

Either the person who administered your test hasn't sent the results to OPR or they are still processing it.

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          KevinMO91 yea... I just called them again just now and the gentleman who answered now actually asked me for my ID and he said they have not received. He stated once they review it they will send it to them and they will have an update but for the meantime I will have to wait... This is sooooo frustrating and I just want to know already when I'm starting! I also wonder if me letting my examiner about my Eqip needing update as when I was putting in my children I noticed I didn't add my sons that passed away. He informed me he will update my Eqip but never got their date of birth or their DOD...

• Well, ended up making the Referral list for another Fed position today, non-LEO, much higher pay grade though. If I end up getting a Tenative Offer, I’ll probably withdraw from CBP. This agency is going to continue to lose quality candidates to other opportunities if they can’t figure out how to improve their hiring process. Just under 6.5 months since my SI and still haven’t heard a peep on the poly. I can’t wait around forever.

Comment

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I've been "referred" for ATC as well. Status on USAJOBS changed in October after taking the exam. But i figured I'd stay with CBP.. Less stress. Lol

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          My friend has been an atc for years..they make BANK!!!!!!!....if you can hack it go for it.....for instance if he took a position in NY they offered him close to 400k a year...they make an insane amount of money for the feds

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I could be wrong on this, but I believe ATC is the highest paying non-management position in the Feds. I actually have a few family members who are ATC, they say it is stressful, but not as bad as people think. They’re entrance exam is pretty intense though, it basically seems like a stress management test. Lol

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I completely understand. I have been going through the process for 15 months and haven't heard anything since my S.I back in May of this year. Can't wait around forever.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4109 users online. 182 members and 3927 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X