Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well just got a big update now I got an Email stating I been put in TSU (Training and Scheduling Unit) and once my name is reached they will schedule an available vacancy I have to submit some missing paperwork it states an OF-306 and VRA form. I guess this is good news?

Edit: it also states they will contact me after I submit the paperwork
    Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-04-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 congrats bro, that's definitely a good sign. That means final offer is up next! You made it!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      save this number, 952-857-2900 DHS job offer. out of the 6 times they called me 5 times this popped up the last time was unknown number

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Okay, I will. Thank you so much. When, if I get the I will make another post with my complete timeline

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats man!

• Did anybody do a new application and had their info transferred over? If so after they give you the task to complete how long after did it take for your previous info to transfer over?

Comment

• Tluv123
      Tluv123 commented
      Editing a comment
      @mobyfish....i had the same situation as you same announcement and finished everything got the call ..but i wanted jfk im from nyc .. ....and i applied under gs9 tho ...and reapplied under the 19-2 gs9 and was selected again....but thanks all who answered so im guessing by end of this month i should know wassup ....

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking about applying for gs9 regular announcement. At this point how much Longer could they actually make me wait
      Question to those who reapplied. If I apply does it cancel out my current application, even if I don't get it?

• TonyJones
      TonyJones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 if you have different type of announcements (Regular, DH, VRA) and/or GS pay, it won't cancel out, everything will transfer over, if you don't get selected, you will still have the one that you got selected.

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm DH and my process has been at a good pace but now that my BI came its awkward and the question of everyone asking when is getting annoying so now I'm at the point where I just want to know.

• Hey guys I'm new here as well. I applied to the 18-13 CBPO Location Negotiable Announcement, I chose Laredo, TX. So far I am waiting for Medical to clear before they schedule me for the Polygraph. After reading on here, I see that it is going to take some time as I have had a few surgeries in the past that I listed lol. It has been a little over a month since the last part of the process I completed, which was the Structured Interview.

I spoke with a woman at the applicant center and she said it appears that they are going through the Preliminary Background Investigation, which takes some time, but I should be hearing back soon. I did mention the Medical and she didn't think there was anything strange with it. I don't care either way, I want this badly so I will be waiting patiently!

9/15/18 Application Submitted
    10/6/18 Written Exam (Passed)
    10/17/18 Tentative Selection Letter
    10/23/18 Eqip Sent
    10/29/18 Eqip Rejected/Re-Sent
    10/30/18 Medical Exam (Pending)
    10/30/18 Eqip Accepted/Sent to OPR
    11/1/18 Fitness Exam (Passed)
    11/2/18 Structured Interview(Passed)
    ???????? Background Investigation
    ???????? Polygraph Testing
    ???????? Drug Testing
    ???????? Final Offer
    Last edited by Hvbitz; 12-05-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Gh3isT
      Gh3isT commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. apparently I have been slapped with the medical curse as well. I just resubmitted the "additional info", you're absolutely correct, just paperwork that needs to be signed off on, stating you are good to go. Fractured my hand 3 times, twice right hand, once left hand, more than 17 years ago and it still raised a flag. Here's to hoping the process will start moving again..

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Gh3isT I can't for the life of me understand why they waste taxpayer dollars to send us to a medical exam where we're examined by MD's if they make you go have another doc sign off on any previous issues anyway. It is absolutely ridiculous. In your situation, heck even a nurse could tell that your hands are fine. It's so stupid, and a complete waste of everybody's time and money.

• Hvbitz
      Hvbitz commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, the doctor that examined me that was taxpayer funded, had already told me that I am good to go. As I'm sure you guys have noticed at the medical exam, they go over each injury/surgery in the past and ask you questions related to them. And sign off on them.

• Gh3isT
      Gh3isT commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy part about waste of time and money is that it was at my own expense! $600 later to give me an answer I already know is insane. So much for insurance...lol..c'est la vie I guess!

• Coming up on 4 Months since my SI and I'm slowly growing frustrated. Everything cleared quickly but now I'm stuck in the never ending polygraph scheduling hole. I emailed them a few weeks back and never received a reply. Maybe I'm just being a baby but I hate Houston and need to get out of here ASAP.
    Last edited by Tremellio; 12-05-2018, 12:09 PM.
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol you might be the first person I’ve ever seen who prefers El Paso over Houston. But I get it, we all have our reasons. I’m guessing you have family there or a spouse at Ft. Bliss?

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      you might want to hang on to your negotiable application because i dont think they offer el paso with a DH, at least it was never mentioned when i got the call and I was a DH

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Lone-ranger El Paso is home! lol All my family. i'm just having a heard time being away and not being able to watch my nieces and nephews grow up.

JMontero El Paso was on the 18-11 DH Announcement and was chosen as my Preferred Duty Location.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally get it. I knew there had to be a reason. Go for it and grind hard until you get it.

• Hello my fellow candidates this is my status so far.

CASS APP- 50%

CBPO 19-1, 19-2 GS-9 Location Negotiable!

​​​​
    Applied: 10/31/18
    NOR: 11//6/18
    TO: 11/7/18
    E-Quip Submitted: 11/7/18
    SI 11/15/18
    Medical: 11/16/18
    Fitness Exam: 11/16/18
    Fitness Pass: 11/19/18
    E-Quip Released to OPR: 11/19/18
    SI NOR: 11/26/18 ( I had to call for update)
    Medical Cleared: 11/29/18
    B.I update to (Personnel Security Process): 11/29/18
    Polygraph: Pending
    BI Cleared: In progress
    Drug Test: In progress
    Final Offer: Pending
    Last edited by Six_Eight; 12-07-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone in the southeast region took their polygraph recently or has a date scheduled to take it yet?
      ​​​​​​
      Last edited by Six_Eight; 12-07-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Hey all, I’m new here, like so many others. Unlike many in this process, I have never spoken with a CBP recruiter and do not know any, so any and all information is appreciated. I applied for CBPO VRA GS-9 19-1 on 10/10/2018. Status so far in the CBP Jobs app is as follows:

EQIP – Completed
        Fitness Exam – In Progress (Passed it 12/05/2018.)
        Medical Exam – Completed
        Structured Interview – Completed
        Polygraph – Pending (I have an approved waiver as of 11/26/2018)
        Background Investigation – Completed
        Drug – In Progress (Performed 11/28/2018 and awaiting update)
        Fitness Exam 2 – N/A
        Final Offer – Pending

For anyone that may be in the know, regarding a polygraph waiver, do I still have to wait for them to schedule the polygraph even though my waiver was approved? What sort of time frame do people often see before their status is updated after performing the Drug or Fitness exam? Does anyone have an educated guess on an expected time frame for me from here before I can move forward?

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought I moved through the process fast at 4 months. I got put into TSU yesterday (same day I took the drug test)

You should be getting put in TSU or straight up getting the call very soon. They usually only do the UA when they're about to give you the call. You'll def be the fastest turn around on here at either alittle over 2 months or 3

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          that **** is ridiculous talk about a fast mover...SMH....i haven't even taken the UA yet and im done with everything

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          evolution he is a vet that put in the time and had a waiver for poly, that means he has or has had a TS clearance. So he already had a crazy BI already thats why his process streamlined so quick

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fed employee 13 years 7 sf86s/1 sf85p....you think it would be a no brainer

• Just a quick update for you guys. VRA 18-3. Medical was submitted 23 weeks ago (about 6 months). SI passed 6 months ago as well. Just waiting on medical to clear.

Comment

• fsi1212
          fsi1212 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes that's what I meant. Sent in additional 23 weeks ago.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          medical and poly/BI is the longest part. Really just forget about the process and then when you get a email reply back quickly. My process was just as bad man, i applied at the end of September 2017, just offered the job the Monday after thanksgiving

• Bam2323
          Bam2323 commented
          Editing a comment
          what did they make you send additional info for regarding the medical? they made me take the eye exam again and resubmit.. still waiting for clearance

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          They wanted more paper work about my back and how it healed, I didnt have alot of paperwork since i let it heal on its own and didnt go to a doctor.

I had a tear disk and 2 buldge disk from the Army, they could not do surgery since it was high risk. The doctor stated, it will heal over the next 2 years but you have to be light on it and work out at you're pace. I discharge out of the Army stop going to the VA, i started working out lightly. Every day i worked out, my job was a work out but my body healed over a year and a half. I had to type up a report on how i made the recovery and what i do on a day to day basis so they can evaluate me. That paperwork took 14.5 weeks by its self to clear.

• So I emailed Medical review yesterday, this is what I ggot:
        Thank you for your interest with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Your file is currently under higher level review. If additional information is recommended, you will be contacted by email. Please check your email and the mobile app regularly for updates.
        If you need additional assistance please click here for a full list of Hiring Center contacts.

Thank you,

Is this the new basic email they send everyone? Ive been waiting 7 months

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you got that response yesterday then yes that's a basic automated response, the federal government was closed yesterday for Bush's funeral.

• Alexr3496
          Alexr3496 commented
          Editing a comment
          @kevinMO91
          I got that email this morning

• Any has or recently had a EOD that has a packing list for the CBPO Academy? i understand im not moving there however i want to know what should come with me.

Ive looked for Uniform guidelines for uniforms but havent had any luck, does anyone else have this info?

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No tips on the VA i just know you can use it. Last time i used it for a little bit it was real simple, sign in using VA benefits select on the job training fill out the paperwork and they will call you. Make sure you use the OJT (on the job training) they pay out is over a 2 year pay out. if you used some of it they will shrinkin the length to compensate. I will call them next week. i just remember it took a month or 2 for them to pay out when i went to a trade school. They want to verify that you show up and actually attend.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks vik2500

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://nebula.wsimg.com/81946546684...&alloworigin=1

OFO uniform handbook.
          Last edited by merlin436; 12-07-2018, 08:34 AM.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks bud, i couldnt remember youre name but i knew u would know.

• Update: I got put into TSU today and they emailed me requesting I provide a completed OF-306 and VRA Agreement. I have now sent them the requested documents and am awaiting further instruction.

Comment

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat I did the same exact thing on Tuesday

Edit: to add the email stated it takes up to 5 business days to recieve and process the forms and once they do they're suppose to send a confirmation email.
          Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-06-2018, 04:07 PM.

• I notice that BP applicants are moving a whole lot faster so I just finished applying. Entrance Exam on Wednesday.
        CBPO 18-11
        Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
        5/04/18: Exam
        5/09/18: NOR
        6/29/18: Fitness Test
        6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
        7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
        7/05/18: Medical Cleared
        7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
        8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
        8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
        8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
        8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
        3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I was told the same thing. Bp has a lot less people applying and cannot fill academy.

• Completed my poly today, verbal pass.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man! How was your experience overall? Where did you take your poly at?

• Had my BI Interview yesterday. Now the process of waiting for it to clear. 19-2 GS9 Negotiable. Previously 18-6 5-7 DH...Currently working for the Bureau of Prison. 7-4. Anyone know the possibility of getting Atlanta,GA. If not I chose Dulles, VA. Thanks

Comment

• Six_Eight
          Six_Eight commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. What joint you work at?

• Greencomms
          Greencomms commented
          Editing a comment
          I put in for Dulles, VA as my preferred location. If you don't get your number 1 choice, we might end up working together.

• klocklear86
          klocklear86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Six-Eight...I am working at Bennettsville, SC. Greencomms...If I don't get Atlanta I will be heading to Dulles, VA wide open lol

• Current update: Received email from CBP stating the paperwork I emailed them for TSU was accepted and processed. My drug test hasn't turned green yet. Hopefully, now that they have the paperwork and its processed I'm closer to the call. I'm 110% certain I received a provisional clearance as well.

Current Timeline

VRA GS-9 8-12

Applied-08/06/18
        Tentative Selection Letter-08/10/18
        PFFT- Wavied
        SI- 09/20/2018
        Si Passed- 09/21/18
        Medical-10/05/18
        Medical Passed -10/12/18
        Polygraph scheduled for-10/31/18 (Inconclusive)
        Polygraph Scheduled for - 11/14/18
        Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/14/18
        Polygraph showed PASSED on APP 11/19/18
        Drug test Scheduled 12/04/18
        Drug test 12/05/18
        Placed into TSU 12/05/18

CASS APP showing 63%
        BI-In progress
        Drug test - In progress
        Final Offer-Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7916 users online. 346 members and 7570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X