Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed a call from a “No Caller ID” earlier today, they did not leave a voicemail. Is there a chance that it was the call to schedule my polygraph? For those of you who’ve already been scheduled, did they contact you by phone, or email? If by phone, did it come from a “No Caller ID”? Been waiting 6+ months already, really hope I didn’t miss my chance because I was in the other room...

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Vik2500 well that’s good to hear, thank you for the info! Maybe it was just a survey or something lol.

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. That comment made me laugh "maybe it was a survey or something" My phone rings all day, i receive roughly between 6 to 12 spam phone calls a day. I've registered on the DNC list. I ask to remove my number, I hit the correct prompt, i even changed my number once a while back. However I don't know a person who doesn't receive at least 1 a day now of spam calls. Such a shame nowadays.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      TFS exactly, it’s ridiculous! And quite annoying for people like us who are waiting around for calls from the government lol. You’d think with all the technology these days they’d have a way to filter these out.

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. I believe most of the calls I receive are scams and are illegal solicitations to begin with anyways. I've spoken to people long enough to explain the scam out of curiosity. From my understanding the FCC is having a hard time combating this. Such a low thing for companies to do, mostly taking advantage or older or misled people. Obviously by design but pathetic. Anyways sorry for the side tracked discussion. Anything to pass time lol

• I submitted a nopal in September from an incident i had when I was a MINOR yes when I was a minor (16yrs old). It haven’t heard anything. I guess no news is good news or they would of dq me already i think. Keeping a good attitude and waiting

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Still at 63% and waiting for BI and drug test.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      did you ever get to re certify and release your equip?

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      @evolution no I didn’t have to they send they would review and let me know if anything was needed

• Hey guys, I'm new here! I just came here for ideas/advise. I got the "call" today. I live in Atlanta and want to stay in Atlanta, however I was told there are no openings in Atlanta. Of course they offered, California and Arizona. I turned those down almost immediately. Then I was offered Texas, Florida, New York, and Virginia. I just dont know what to do and where to go. I have family in New York but I hate the weather. Everywhere else id be starting off fresh (just me), but I dont know where to choose.

Announcement 18-1
    Applied: 10/01/2017
    Entrance Exam: 10/10/2017
    Notice of Results: 10/27/2017
    Tentative Selection Letter: 11/09/2017
    e-QIP Submitted: 11/13/2017
    e-QIP Rejected: 11/29/2017
    e-QIP Re-Submitted: 11/30/2017
    Medical Exam: ??? (Sometime in November or December)
    e-Qip Released to OPR: 12/01/2017
    PFT-1: 12/04/2017
    Structured Interview: 12/19/2017
    SI NOR: 12/20/2017
    Fingerprint Card Request: 12/26/2017
    Submitted: 12/27/2017 Received: 01/08/2018
    Request for Additional Medical Info: 01/31/2018
    Submitted Additional Medical Info: 02/14/2018 and 03/19/2018
    Polygraph: 7/30/2018
    Poly Rescheduled: 08/08/2018 (their conflict)
    Pre-Field Investigation e-QIP Recertification: 08/14/2018
    Notice of Release OPR: 08/19/2018
    Met with investigator: 09/24/2018
    Drug Test: 11/28/2018
    Final Offer: Pending
    EOD: April 24, 2019
    FLETC: May 9, 2019- September 13, 2019
    Last edited by Trev928; 04-03-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Quality of life is most important .. If you can't envision yourself being at a duty station for 2+ Years don't do it... Did you sign a provisional clearance?
      Last edited by Evolution81; 12-04-2018, 12:19 AM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Trev928 it will worth in the long run, after 1 year, you will get GS7 with 11-12k increase, the 2nd year will be some like that, all the way to GS12. so for the long run, yes, it worth it.
      was Fort Lauderdale offered or Miami? It will be closer to home, and weather is better than NY.
      I will be selling my house, moving my family from Florida to Seattle (or few more options if Seattle not offered at the time) when I get the call and taking little bit pay cut but it worth it bro,
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-04-2018, 06:38 AM.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trev928 I'm surprised you applied as a GS-5 you more then qualify for GS-9 which would help make up some of the gap between your current job and CBP.

Another thing to keep in mind with pay is that you will move up steps and pay grades each year until you hit GS-12 I know after like step 3 it takes more and more years to go up steps.

You could always reapply as a GS-9 if closing most of that pay is a serious concern. I heard they transfer everything over so you should be right where you are now in the process.

If you dont mind the pay cut though, I'm sure they'll call you back sometime this week

• I did not! I am a civilian in law enforcement. Been with the agency for 11 years. I am vested, but cbpo is what I want to do, but I don’t want to leave home!

Comment

• 229K9
      229K9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am slated to leave Atlanta for VA in April. What is your 5 year plan? 10 year? Atlanta will open eventually, Hartsfield-Jackson will only grow, as will Atlanta. I've heard that once I go to northern VA, I won't want to come back. Home is where you make it friend. Moving is the hardest thing I have ever done. It was absolutely worth it in the end. Can you live with it if you go? Can you live with it if you don't? Ask yourself that.

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you ask for the option to wait until Atlanta opens?

• 229K9 Thank you for responding! I think the hardest part for me is looking back, upset that I didn’t take the opportunity. It’s such a hard decision to make in 24 hours. Do you think they’ll consider giving me more time to decide? Like by the end of the week!

I’m leaning more towards New York! I don’t see myself wanting to be there for 5 years, not to mention 10. I was told that the requirement for service of port of selection is a minimum of 3 years. Then seniority, which means last selection since I’m on the bottom. I’ve been up reading since I’ve gotten off the phone. Can’t sleep! I don’t want to get the call again and not be prepared and come off as unprepared.

Is Atlanta a preferred port?? The recruiter was almost certain I’d get it! Well we’ll see what happens later when they call back!
    Last edited by Trev928; 12-04-2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trev928, let me tell you something. I went thru CBPs process and turned it down to be a trooper. That was in 2015...I have regretted that decision every day. Do not pass this up. I am from Va and Northern Va is not bad. You get a huge Cost of Living increase and I am sure you can work a lot of OT. You will enjoy the transition and the better benefits.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      you should get GS9, if you didnt ypou need to detail youre resume better alot alot of detail on what you do

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Trev, nice to meet you.. people call me Trev as well. I would recommend you don't sell your house and if you don't have any family like wife and kids the choice should be a bit easier. I currently live in New York and I chose JFK. You only get an additional 24hours from when they call the first time to the next call...unless there's a holiday in between or something. I say since you have family in NYC, pick NYC.. stay with them for a bit until you get situated. But definitely don't turn it down outright. The only reason i turned down my original application is because JFK opened up on USAJOBS and I definitely was not trying to move to the southern border with my family.

• I'm 19-2 GS-9 ... just wanted to start a thread for 19-2... I received my NOR 11/28

Comment

• LivFreer
      LivFreer commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 19-2 GS-9 as well. I also received my NOR 11/28. Completed my medical 12/12. Now I'm waiting to schedule my PT and for my EQIP to be released. Where are you now in the process?

• So I received the call and accepted the position starting as a GS-7 with my EOD being 4/29. Would everything still transfer over if I reapplied as GS-9? I’m prior military and law enforcement but I do not have much experience with immigration, so I didn’t apply for a higher grade. Has anyone else with a similar background been successful with getting GS-9?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i was a MP, i received GS9, however ICE is different than CBPO so if you applied for ICE you may only get accepted for the GS7. ICE also doesnt have that many openings neither

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your law enforcement background qualifies you for a 9

• Six_Eight
      Six_Eight commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends on how you worded your resume, The computer look for key words, graduate education, and or experience.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      its not how you word it but how you detail it. they want the break down not just nuts and bolts. They want descriptions. My breakdown for my resume was like a page long for MP and another page for the Sheriff department i worked for. My resume was 4 pages long overall.

The first time was Nuts and bolts (short resume) and i qualified as a GS5, wrote a book and qualified as GS9.

• Well, I was finally able to get a clear answer from MHC that apparently I was not placed into the poly scheduling queue until after my medical cleared about 6 weeks ago (even though I passed SI 6+ months ago). The official confirmed I am pending scheduling now. It still doesn't make sense why some people were allowed to schedule their polygraph while still under medical review, while others like me had to sit around for 6 months while they "reviewed" a complete non-issue. Though at least that helps confirm that my file hasn't been lost or anything which was becoming a concern. Oh well. I'm sure a good chunk of the hiring process slows/shuts down over the holidays, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything before then, but hopefully I can finally get my polygraph scheduled in January or February which would be right at the 1 year mark since applying for me.
    Last edited by N.N.; 12-04-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      they called me the day after thankgiving so maybe not the whole holiday days will slow it down that much.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 that would certainly be nice, I know a lot of the poly examiners are contractors who work for companies (not the Feds) so with Christmas on a Tues. this year I could see a situation where they only work one or two days that week then don't come back until after New Years. Hopefully not.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are also paid hourly not salary, so hell they better want to work haha

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 that explains why it takes so long for a poly exam lol

• From what i was told today is that there are no provisionals being given at this time. With the academies being full and no provisional gives opr time to do a completed background saving opr the time and money from sending people on a provisional and then pulling them from the academy for failing a background.

just a messenger.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 I got put in TSU today via email I dunno I never was even asked about my BI I had to of gotten a provisional

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't I tell you bro!!!...I passed my polygraph 4 days after you so I'm hoping to see that UA before the damn holidays

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 Im for sure you'll hear something this month man so don't worry.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N my examiner both of them worked for cbp. And I took my exam at the opr/IA building in irving, tx. It is there government building where they test for all dhs in that area.

• Well just got a big update now I got an Email stating I been put in TSU (Training and Scheduling Unit) and once my name is reached they will schedule an available vacancy I have to submit some missing paperwork it states an OF-306 and VRA form. I guess this is good news?

Edit: it also states they will contact me after I submit the paperwork
    Last edited by KevinMO91; 12-04-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 congrats bro, that's definitely a good sign. That means final offer is up next! You made it!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      save this number, 952-857-2900 DHS job offer. out of the 6 times they called me 5 times this popped up the last time was unknown number

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Okay, I will. Thank you so much. When, if I get the I will make another post with my complete timeline

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats man!

• Did anybody do a new application and had their info transferred over? If so after they give you the task to complete how long after did it take for your previous info to transfer over?

Comment

• Tluv123
      Tluv123 commented
      Editing a comment
      @mobyfish....i had the same situation as you same announcement and finished everything got the call ..but i wanted jfk im from nyc .. ....and i applied under gs9 tho ...and reapplied under the 19-2 gs9 and was selected again....but thanks all who answered so im guessing by end of this month i should know wassup ....

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking about applying for gs9 regular announcement. At this point how much Longer could they actually make me wait
      Question to those who reapplied. If I apply does it cancel out my current application, even if I don't get it?

• TonyJones
      TonyJones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 if you have different type of announcements (Regular, DH, VRA) and/or GS pay, it won't cancel out, everything will transfer over, if you don't get selected, you will still have the one that you got selected.

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm DH and my process has been at a good pace but now that my BI came its awkward and the question of everyone asking when is getting annoying so now I'm at the point where I just want to know.

• Hey guys I'm new here as well. I applied to the 18-13 CBPO Location Negotiable Announcement, I chose Laredo, TX. So far I am waiting for Medical to clear before they schedule me for the Polygraph. After reading on here, I see that it is going to take some time as I have had a few surgeries in the past that I listed lol. It has been a little over a month since the last part of the process I completed, which was the Structured Interview.

I spoke with a woman at the applicant center and she said it appears that they are going through the Preliminary Background Investigation, which takes some time, but I should be hearing back soon. I did mention the Medical and she didn't think there was anything strange with it. I don't care either way, I want this badly so I will be waiting patiently!

9/15/18 Application Submitted
    10/6/18 Written Exam (Passed)
    10/17/18 Tentative Selection Letter
    10/23/18 Eqip Sent
    10/29/18 Eqip Rejected/Re-Sent
    10/30/18 Medical Exam (Pending)
    10/30/18 Eqip Accepted/Sent to OPR
    11/1/18 Fitness Exam (Passed)
    11/2/18 Structured Interview(Passed)
    ???????? Background Investigation
    ???????? Polygraph Testing
    ???????? Drug Testing
    ???????? Final Offer
    Last edited by Hvbitz; 12-05-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Gh3isT
      Gh3isT commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. apparently I have been slapped with the medical curse as well. I just resubmitted the "additional info", you're absolutely correct, just paperwork that needs to be signed off on, stating you are good to go. Fractured my hand 3 times, twice right hand, once left hand, more than 17 years ago and it still raised a flag. Here's to hoping the process will start moving again..

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Gh3isT I can't for the life of me understand why they waste taxpayer dollars to send us to a medical exam where we're examined by MD's if they make you go have another doc sign off on any previous issues anyway. It is absolutely ridiculous. In your situation, heck even a nurse could tell that your hands are fine. It's so stupid, and a complete waste of everybody's time and money.

• Hvbitz
      Hvbitz commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, the doctor that examined me that was taxpayer funded, had already told me that I am good to go. As I'm sure you guys have noticed at the medical exam, they go over each injury/surgery in the past and ask you questions related to them. And sign off on them.

• Gh3isT
      Gh3isT commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy part about waste of time and money is that it was at my own expense! $600 later to give me an answer I already know is insane. So much for insurance...lol..c'est la vie I guess!

• Coming up on 4 Months since my SI and I'm slowly growing frustrated. Everything cleared quickly but now I'm stuck in the never ending polygraph scheduling hole. I emailed them a few weeks back and never received a reply. Maybe I'm just being a baby but I hate Houston and need to get out of here ASAP.
    Last edited by Tremellio; 12-05-2018, 01:09 PM.
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol you might be the first person I’ve ever seen who prefers El Paso over Houston. But I get it, we all have our reasons. I’m guessing you have family there or a spouse at Ft. Bliss?

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      you might want to hang on to your negotiable application because i dont think they offer el paso with a DH, at least it was never mentioned when i got the call and I was a DH

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Lone-ranger El Paso is home! lol All my family. i'm just having a heard time being away and not being able to watch my nieces and nephews grow up.

JMontero El Paso was on the 18-11 DH Announcement and was chosen as my Preferred Duty Location.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally get it. I knew there had to be a reason. Go for it and grind hard until you get it.

• Hello my fellow candidates this is my status so far.

CASS APP- 50%

CBPO 19-1, 19-2 GS-9 Location Negotiable!

​​​​
    Applied: 10/31/18
    NOR: 11//6/18
    TO: 11/7/18
    E-Quip Submitted: 11/7/18
    SI 11/15/18
    Medical: 11/16/18
    Fitness Exam: 11/16/18
    Fitness Pass: 11/19/18
    E-Quip Released to OPR: 11/19/18
    SI NOR: 11/26/18 ( I had to call for update)
    Medical Cleared: 11/29/18
    B.I update to (Personnel Security Process): 11/29/18
    Polygraph: Pending
    BI Cleared: In progress
    Drug Test: In progress
    Final Offer: Pending
    Last edited by Six_Eight; 12-07-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone in the southeast region took their polygraph recently or has a date scheduled to take it yet?
      ​​​​​​
      Last edited by Six_Eight; 12-07-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10172 users online. 332 members and 9840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X