Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey 19-2 gs9 applicant here....i was previously dh 18-7 and turned it down recently got my pass for gs9 again ..does anybody know how long it will take for your info to transfer over i did everything already.

Comment

• Frustrated.......I was a 17-10 applicant, still active duty Marines. I have waited almost a year for the med board to check on my medical waiver for my hearing since I failed both their hearing tests when I took it back on Oct 2017. Got the email a week ago after waiting almost a year saying that they have NOT accepted my medical waiver and have withdrawn my application. What is going on here? Has anyone heard of them dropping service members like this? I turned in all the paperwork needed for the waiver, I am not sure what they did not like about it. Anyone been in the same situation and give me some information?

Edit: I reapplied to the 19-2 announcement and found out I have to retake the exam, (great). Can anyone confirm that can transfer? I have heard the medical results stay for two years but I am trying to retake their medical as well.

Comment

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwings1993 I'm sorry they didn't allow your medical waiver to go thru. As far as I know everything else will transfer over except your exam (Which you retaken) and medical. I believe they will allow you another opportunity to take your medical exam. Hopefully when you get to that point your able to pass your medical exam or get a waiver for it. I'm a Veteran as well and that's just ridiculous after waiting over a year for them to just withdraw your application.

When you did your medical waiver who filled out the paperwork for you?

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwings1993 You'll be fine then if you can pass hearing again on your separation physical just make sure whoever does your exam fills the entire form out and does the depth perception test and notes the results.

I dunno how it works with the Marines but you should be able to get your final separation physical exactly one year from your ACTUAL ETS date not to include any kind of school program or terminal leave. I would push to do it as early as you can and after you complete it reapply.

MAKE SURE YOURE APPLYING UNDER THE VRA job listing (Your gonna have to get some kind of proof of service from your PL or CO since you don't have your DD-214), then you can use that separation physical as a substitute for the medical exam and you can use your last PT score as long as it was within the last year of you applying. It just has to be signed off by an NCO.

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        lordofbk43, I filled it out. They gave me the requirements and I went ahead and gave them all they needed. This included a letter of why I should have the waiver, in which I explained all that I do in the military. All my awards, reports from higher, and accomplishments were put together.

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91, Yes I will be applying under VRA again....and yes I will be working on the final physical soon, if I can pass the hearing test now (I'm still going to claim it for VA....) then hopefully I'll just give them that.

• Hi everyone,

I applied to 19-2. Did the initial assessment and trying to figure out when to take my written test. Was hoping to take it after my university classes but can't wait that long as there's time only till the 14th I think.

Any tips? Advice?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        uhm its online take it when you have free time?..LOL

• Tluv123
        Tluv123 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you applied to 19-2 which is gs9 then there is no test next step is medical ....

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        Tluv123 -
        Job announcement number
        CBPO 19-2

Pay scale & grade
        GS 5 - 7

I'm applying under GS-7

• Tluv123
        Tluv123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ook i see sorry i applied for gs9

• Wait what? The entrance exam?

​​​​​​I get a choice of multiple locations and dates to sign up to, don't see anything about it being online

Comment

• Camelbak
        Camelbak commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I know all the entrance exams are done at testing centers.

• It has now been over 420 days since I applied an still waiting. Going on almost 4 months waiting for my background to clear. I have not heard anything in 4 months. Can't get a hold of anyone. I was hoping to hear something before the year ended but it doesn't seem to be working out that way. Never had any set backs. Just been a long, painful drag. Current job has now become awkward since investigator visited my work. This hurry up and wait crap takes new meaning. I've been holding out for as long as I can but my current job is taking a tole in me. At this point I just wish they would hurry up.

Comment

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 It sucks that they visited your workplace, the whole place knew, your boss knew, thats you are quitting at some point, and yet, you are still waiting for months, I would hate that if it happens to me, I think the visits should be the last thing they do before wrapping up BI, get you the drug test and give you "the call",
        I agreed with you when people have a decent job, they don't think so much about this process. I personally hate my job so much, hate coming to work everyday, but gotta pay bills, and don't want my eqip has issues if I change employment, so I'm anxious about getting thru this process too....
        Last edited by TonyJones; 11-30-2018, 07:27 AM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tonyjones, I agree. With my job they took basically all our rights away. We can no longer spray or restrain violent inmates. The inmates actually have more rights than us. They put us in dangerous situations. I also work a sex offenders unit with 36 inmates and I'm the only pm staff on my unit. All other staff are borrowed from other units who know nothing about sex offender treatment putting risks even hire. So I also hate my job but applying to other jobs which i have takes time. Not nearly as long as cbp but I fear the idea of it messing up the process for cbp or causing more delays.

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 Hey man, it sounds like you're having a tough time. I can't say I know what you're going through although I do since I'm a 17-12 applicant waiting on BI to clear. I'm going to try and put some perspective into this as it's helped me maintain my sanity in this process, I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I served in the Army for 7 years and I've seen buddies come back with PTSD, missing limbs etc. I volunteer for outreach projects in Mexico for the orphans and help build halfway homes for those getting out of prison looking for shelter. Dude, whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, I think of the food I have on the table when people, just south of us in a different country can barely eat and have s*** food. Their burgers at BK don't even taste like meat. I have seen cardboard towns where families live and sleep. This is not to compare your life to theirs as we all have our crosses to bear, but man, we live in America dude. The greatest country in the world. If you make over $30,000 a year, you are considered the 1% in this world. We won the f***** lotto by living in this country where we could go and get food, good f***** food that tastes like food any time of the day. Compared to most places in this world, Is it really all that bad? And trust me, the job I currently have is a s*** show and things have definitely gotten awkward after my BI came to visit a few months ago. But hey, I'm alive, I have my fingers, my toes, my limbs and I'm able to use them. How bad can it really get? Just be patient dude, it'll happen when its suppose to.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        hal. Hang in there bud. But yeah I think visiting the workplace should be dead last even after drug test. I haven’t told anything to my job because it would be kind of awkward to have to wait months when they know your going to quit lol

• Just waiting for my background to clear.. met with my BI August 10 and the investigator said he submitted it a few days after. I’m 18-2 announcement, prior military with current clearance. My husband just received orders to Key West. Anyone have any idea of the likelihood of choosing Key West? Is it considered a highly desirable location?

Comment

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 why do you think that it is not a highly desirable location? While I was in the CG it certainly was for us.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know that there have been multiple internal lateral announcements to get people to go to KW in the last few years. Highly desirable ports usually don't need formal laterals to attract people.

I've also talked to a handful of Officers who have worked the port and their general gist was that it is expensive to live there, few local amenities, lengthy travel to the mainland, etc.

One, roughly 10 years ago, told me that it's main attraction was that it offered lots of available short-term trysts with young women to the single guy.

Earlier this year, another told me it was full of gays and lesbians.

Regardless of that, there's also the fact that God seems to have a desire to flatten the place every few years with a storm or two. I'm confident that getting leveled by hurricanes lowers it's overall desirability.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 you’ve got some solid points haha. We were both briefly strained down there and enjoyed it, but we spent most of our time on the water. Thanks for the info. Hopefully you’re right and it will be up for grabs

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Key west is a lay back location. I think you do more paperwork then anything else. Because your in a big Federal bldg that also have other agents there but you in the 1st floor. So you can tell your husband it’s a easy location. When I saw it.

• Hey, been stalking this thread for almost 3 years.

18-6 GS9, Champlain, NY
      No VRA nor provisional.

Passed Fitness
      Passed SI
      Passed Poly
      Medical is pending review since July.

I met up with my Investigator on Monday, he JUST informed me he submitted my case.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse okay, so it took about a month for them to reach out to you and close the BI hopefully I hear something by next week then. I'm trying to hold out hope I can make the April FLETC but given how long this process has taken everyone else Im not too hopeful.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 also, my case was reassigned on 10/29 due to 'internal organizational changes' according to an email.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse I haven't gotten anything yet, how did they first reach out to you? I'm guessing email to resubmit e-qip?

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91

Yeah, on 10/29 they emailed me to resubmit the eqip by 11/3, they also said in the email to email them when I did resubmit to expedite.

• Does anyone know if CBP officers have to pay into their pension?

Comment

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436
        Thanks!

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        that sounds like a small retirement plan hahah

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1

It's actually the upgraded federal retirement plan. Standard FERS has a person working 30 years until Minimal Retirement Age and collecting 1% each year until retirement.

• joeypd
        joeypd commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe regular employees pay 4.4% however, LEOs including CBPOs pay 4.9%.

• My process has been very fast for some reason, applied for the Gs-9 and have taken the SI/DrugScreen/Poly all within this month of Nov.

Comment

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you VRA? Usually, VRA just got out of service is flying thru, Calitown if not, good for you... lucky one...

• Here's my timeline. I'll be happy to answer any questions. Best of luck to you all!

Applied 18-3 VRA: 12/26/2017

Exam: 2/2/2018
      NOR: 2/9/2018
      Equip submitted: 3/3/2018
      Medical exam: 3/5/2018 (failed depth perception test)
      Equip released to OPR: 3/19/2018
      Fitness exam: 4/2/2018 Fitness
      NOR: 4/3/2018
      Private eye exam: 6/22/2018
      Medical cleared: 6/27/2018

SI: 7/11/2018
      SI NOR: 7/12/2018
      Polygraph: 7/12/2018
      Polygraph NOR: 7/17/2018
      Equip recertification: 7/17/2018
      BI Interview: 8/17/2018
      BI follow up phone call: 9/6/2018
      BI cleared: 11/26/2018
      Drug test: 11/28/2018
      The Call: 11/29/2018
      EOD: 4/29/2019
      FLETC: 5/16/2019
      POE: Seattle, WA
      Last edited by BK1893; 11-30-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        BK1893 That's not a bad timeline, just under a year. If it wasn't for the exam and depth perception test issue you most likely would have flown through it. I'm waiting for any kind of info on my BI it's been about a week since I got NOR for polygraph and I haven't gotten anything to resubmit e-qip yet. Hoping to hear something in December would be a nice Christmas present to get through the BI and drug test magically before January.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        so like around 3 months for BI to clear, I'm getting myself ready to another 3 months or so of wait. I'm 18-3 and my BI just wrapped up this week and its being submitted, although I'm not VRA or DH , Im regular announcement , i hope the wait time is not that much different.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man!! oh and your EOD AND FLETC dates should be 2019 lol. BK1893

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a choice between Seattle Washington, LAX, San Fran, Boston, Hawaii, and a few others. What made you select Seattle?

• raudy06 I was really surprised that my BI cleared as fast as it did. Within the last 5 years, I lived abroad (visited 16 countries) and resided in two states with 3 different employers. I really think it all depends on your BI investigator and adjudicator. Btw, thanks for the date correction. I'm the guy that will write 2018 3 months into the new year. I better tighten up.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow more extensive than mine. I've only lived in 2 states with 4 jobs in 21 years of employment.

• My recruiter just contacted me and said the hold ups are do to the academies being full up to April. She is sending an inquiry to opr for me. Let's see what is said.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        if thats the case, I saw someone get an EOD in august. i could wait any time AFTER im adjudicated and cleared and have gotten my call for an EOD.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I asked the same question. We will see what is said. It almost seems spots are reserved possibly for vra' s, maybe later applicants or maybe people failing on a provisional or resigning their applications. There is no ryhme or reason to the process.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 Did they say that the April academy is full already or the ones up to April? Either way it does seem like a weird reason to hold up BI's and other things and I think some people have already been scheduled past April so I couldn't see what the hold up would be....

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        They said up till April but I don't put much stock into it. People are being scheduled for academy all different times. Some this year, some in March and April and all the way to may. Not sure how that would affect bi's though.

• Any of you 18-8 boys get polygraph yet

Comment

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, I'm 18-8, 50% completed, BI is taking the longest since that was the most troublesome in my process. I think I MAY hear back for a poly once that's completed, although I heard a soft back ground check is all you needed to initiate the process. I took my SI at the beginning of Sept. They told me that I'll hear back for a poly in 4-6 weeks, it's Dec. now. Planning on speaking with someone but not sure how or where to contact.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I know a 18-8 took poly Nov 26 Miami and passed. CASS updated 3 days later.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        JPOL from what I've seen they dont seem to actually start the BI until after you do the polygraph. Since people seem to get emails to resubmit their eqip and start talking to investigators after that point.

The CBP website has contacts for recruiters so you could try reaching out to which ever one is assigned to your state

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 18-8 as well, a few of us tried emailing the recruiters in our state & they can't provide any info. We took SI in July/August with no peep since.

• Now im worried, i just checked my mobile cbp app, and my application is gone, its showing nothing, i was 18-8 vra at 38% waiting for my additional info to get approved

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Its back up, system must have been down this morning

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep me updated bud. I’m the same announcement and same situation as you for medical. When was your due date for additional medical information?

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        September 23th

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Did medical on july 17th, additional info August 23th and sent info in faxed or email cant remember but on September 17th

• Just got a call 5 min ago to schedule Drug test, I haven't heard anything about my BI is that normal? I thought they usually do Drug test last before they do "The Call" for your job offer?

Either way I'm taking the drug test tomorrow, I'm excited to almost be done the entire process be nice to get an offer this year as a Christmas present or something lol

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        yea kev you're good.... you should be getting the tsu call after you do your drug test..... like literally either that day or the next...im in the same position hoping i get an eod before the holidays...because between that and the shutdown talks...****s gonna slow down for us fast trackers...17/10 GS9 (med ****ed me off for 1 year)
        Last edited by Evolution81; 12-03-2018, 01:36 PM.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 I'm pretty sure you'll hear something too man. I'm just happy and thankful it's been moving so fast, I know its usually so much slower so I just consider myself lucky. If anything changes tomorrow or this week I'll make an updated post

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 sounds like you being fresh and on your way out the military helped. I’ve been out for 5 yrs, they offered me the waiver for the PT test. I emailed them to inform them I have been out for sometime now. Never heard back. I had a Ssgt in the Marines monitored me. He signed the form for me, I sent it in. No problem.

Later they email me informing me that I had to take their PT test. I was annoyed they waited almost 1 month from when I sent it. But what are you going to do? That step test wasn’t easy lol.
        Congrats on hitting your EAS soon. I am sure they have no reason to not hire you.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        1RidgeRunner7 Well hopefully I get some kind of EOD this week I'd be happy either way. Yeah I'm actually kinda happy I didn't do the step test when I did my SI in Newark a lot of people were complaining about it and one guy said some chick failed the test while he was there, I don't think I would fail it but it would definitely of been annoying

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10488 users online. 448 members and 10040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X