Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, been stalking this thread for almost 3 years.

18-6 GS9, Champlain, NY
    No VRA nor provisional.

Passed Fitness
    Passed SI
    Passed Poly
    Medical is pending review since July.

I met up with my Investigator on Monday, he JUST informed me he submitted my case.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      collapse okay, so it took about a month for them to reach out to you and close the BI hopefully I hear something by next week then. I'm trying to hold out hope I can make the April FLETC but given how long this process has taken everyone else Im not too hopeful.

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 also, my case was reassigned on 10/29 due to 'internal organizational changes' according to an email.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      collapse I haven't gotten anything yet, how did they first reach out to you? I'm guessing email to resubmit e-qip?

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91

Yeah, on 10/29 they emailed me to resubmit the eqip by 11/3, they also said in the email to email them when I did resubmit to expedite.

• Does anyone know if CBP officers have to pay into their pension?

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436
      Thanks!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      that sounds like a small retirement plan hahah

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1

It's actually the upgraded federal retirement plan. Standard FERS has a person working 30 years until Minimal Retirement Age and collecting 1% each year until retirement.

• joeypd
      joeypd commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe regular employees pay 4.4% however, LEOs including CBPOs pay 4.9%.

• My process has been very fast for some reason, applied for the Gs-9 and have taken the SI/DrugScreen/Poly all within this month of Nov.

Comment

• TonyJones
      TonyJones commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you VRA? Usually, VRA just got out of service is flying thru, Calitown if not, good for you... lucky one...

• Here's my timeline. I'll be happy to answer any questions. Best of luck to you all!

Applied 18-3 VRA: 12/26/2017

Exam: 2/2/2018
    NOR: 2/9/2018
    Equip submitted: 3/3/2018
    Medical exam: 3/5/2018 (failed depth perception test)
    Equip released to OPR: 3/19/2018
    Fitness exam: 4/2/2018 Fitness
    NOR: 4/3/2018
    Private eye exam: 6/22/2018
    Medical cleared: 6/27/2018

SI: 7/11/2018
    SI NOR: 7/12/2018
    Polygraph: 7/12/2018
    Polygraph NOR: 7/17/2018
    Equip recertification: 7/17/2018
    BI Interview: 8/17/2018
    BI follow up phone call: 9/6/2018
    BI cleared: 11/26/2018
    Drug test: 11/28/2018
    The Call: 11/29/2018
    EOD: 4/29/2019
    FLETC: 5/16/2019
    POE: Seattle, WA
    Last edited by BK1893; 11-30-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      BK1893 That's not a bad timeline, just under a year. If it wasn't for the exam and depth perception test issue you most likely would have flown through it. I'm waiting for any kind of info on my BI it's been about a week since I got NOR for polygraph and I haven't gotten anything to resubmit e-qip yet. Hoping to hear something in December would be a nice Christmas present to get through the BI and drug test magically before January.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      so like around 3 months for BI to clear, I'm getting myself ready to another 3 months or so of wait. I'm 18-3 and my BI just wrapped up this week and its being submitted, although I'm not VRA or DH , Im regular announcement , i hope the wait time is not that much different.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man!! oh and your EOD AND FLETC dates should be 2019 lol. BK1893

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a choice between Seattle Washington, LAX, San Fran, Boston, Hawaii, and a few others. What made you select Seattle?

• raudy06 I was really surprised that my BI cleared as fast as it did. Within the last 5 years, I lived abroad (visited 16 countries) and resided in two states with 3 different employers. I really think it all depends on your BI investigator and adjudicator. Btw, thanks for the date correction. I'm the guy that will write 2018 3 months into the new year. I better tighten up.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow more extensive than mine. I've only lived in 2 states with 4 jobs in 21 years of employment.

• My recruiter just contacted me and said the hold ups are do to the academies being full up to April. She is sending an inquiry to opr for me. Let's see what is said.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      if thats the case, I saw someone get an EOD in august. i could wait any time AFTER im adjudicated and cleared and have gotten my call for an EOD.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I asked the same question. We will see what is said. It almost seems spots are reserved possibly for vra' s, maybe later applicants or maybe people failing on a provisional or resigning their applications. There is no ryhme or reason to the process.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 Did they say that the April academy is full already or the ones up to April? Either way it does seem like a weird reason to hold up BI's and other things and I think some people have already been scheduled past April so I couldn't see what the hold up would be....

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      They said up till April but I don't put much stock into it. People are being scheduled for academy all different times. Some this year, some in March and April and all the way to may. Not sure how that would affect bi's though.

• Any of you 18-8 boys get polygraph yet

Comment

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, I'm 18-8, 50% completed, BI is taking the longest since that was the most troublesome in my process. I think I MAY hear back for a poly once that's completed, although I heard a soft back ground check is all you needed to initiate the process. I took my SI at the beginning of Sept. They told me that I'll hear back for a poly in 4-6 weeks, it's Dec. now. Planning on speaking with someone but not sure how or where to contact.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I know a 18-8 took poly Nov 26 Miami and passed. CASS updated 3 days later.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      JPOL from what I've seen they dont seem to actually start the BI until after you do the polygraph. Since people seem to get emails to resubmit their eqip and start talking to investigators after that point.

The CBP website has contacts for recruiters so you could try reaching out to which ever one is assigned to your state

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 18-8 as well, a few of us tried emailing the recruiters in our state & they can't provide any info. We took SI in July/August with no peep since.

• Now im worried, i just checked my mobile cbp app, and my application is gone, its showing nothing, i was 18-8 vra at 38% waiting for my additional info to get approved

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Its back up, system must have been down this morning

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep me updated bud. I’m the same announcement and same situation as you for medical. When was your due date for additional medical information?

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      September 23th

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Did medical on july 17th, additional info August 23th and sent info in faxed or email cant remember but on September 17th

• Just got a call 5 min ago to schedule Drug test, I haven't heard anything about my BI is that normal? I thought they usually do Drug test last before they do "The Call" for your job offer?

Either way I'm taking the drug test tomorrow, I'm excited to almost be done the entire process be nice to get an offer this year as a Christmas present or something lol

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      yea kev you're good.... you should be getting the tsu call after you do your drug test..... like literally either that day or the next...im in the same position hoping i get an eod before the holidays...because between that and the shutdown talks...****s gonna slow down for us fast trackers...17/10 GS9 (med ****ed me off for 1 year)
      Last edited by Evolution81; 12-03-2018, 02:36 PM.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 I'm pretty sure you'll hear something too man. I'm just happy and thankful it's been moving so fast, I know its usually so much slower so I just consider myself lucky. If anything changes tomorrow or this week I'll make an updated post

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 sounds like you being fresh and on your way out the military helped. I’ve been out for 5 yrs, they offered me the waiver for the PT test. I emailed them to inform them I have been out for sometime now. Never heard back. I had a Ssgt in the Marines monitored me. He signed the form for me, I sent it in. No problem.

Later they email me informing me that I had to take their PT test. I was annoyed they waited almost 1 month from when I sent it. But what are you going to do? That step test wasn’t easy lol.
      Congrats on hitting your EAS soon. I am sure they have no reason to not hire you.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      1RidgeRunner7 Well hopefully I get some kind of EOD this week I'd be happy either way. Yeah I'm actually kinda happy I didn't do the step test when I did my SI in Newark a lot of people were complaining about it and one guy said some chick failed the test while he was there, I don't think I would fail it but it would definitely of been annoying

• I had my interview today and it went well. Cool group of people. They said poly is backlogged, so it could be some weeks before getting one.

CBPO 19-1 GS-7

Applied- 10/30/18
    Exam- 11/01/18
    NoR- 11/05/18
    TO- 11/09/18
    e-QIP submitted- 11/14/18
    Medical- 11/19/18
    e-QIP released to ORP- 11/20/18
    PFT- 11/26/18
    SI- 12/03/18

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      more like months

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      not to discourage you but its more like 2-3 months. now the wait part begins.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 2-3 months is a record..lol..... I had no issues with anything, everything turned green fast... and I've been waiting for almost 4 months now... Camelbak its hurry up and wait ... But never known, you may be the lucky one.... their timeline are all over .... good luck man

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      They said if I don't hear anything after 14-16 weeks to email them. So yeah, they are busy.
      Last edited by Camelbak; 12-03-2018, 05:59 PM.

• Does anyone know what the shifts are like at JFK? I keep hearing either 6 on 2 off or 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off? Which one is it? Also if its 6 on 2 off, do you get a 3 or 4 day weekend every 6th week or something like that?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never worked JFK, but most large ports like JFK have multiple types of work schedules, largely based on seniority.

The 6 day schedules I have worked give a 3 day weekend every 5th and 6th rotation.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll tell you when i get there..

• joeypd
      joeypd commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright cool, thanks for the reply.

• Just had meeting with BI today, submitted all required medical forms that were requested on Thursday. I’m 18-12 VRA GS-9, hopefully medical doesn’t take long to clear.

Comment

• I am 18-8, spoke with a recruiter that redirected me to the CBP "help" line. Spoke with a kind sir and was told that Polygraph wait time is dependent on your location and availability of examiners. I took the Structured Interview early in September, was told to wait 4-6 weeks for the polygraph, but it's been nearly 3 months now with no responses from any point of contact. I am from the NYC/Newark area, to my knowledge there's examination sites at Newark/Jfk/Valley Stream, all seemed to be booked. From the response of the receptionist, it seems that this wait time for polygraphs (in the Greater Metro Area) is about 3-4 months long, anything over 5 months is abnormal and you should probably call in to see what's going on. For my background investigation, they have their own independence with no oversight from any department so that will be random and also takes a while.

tldr: If you live around the NYC area, waiting for the polygraph is going to be around 5 months due to the high volume of applicants. Also, academy dates aren't "classes" per se, but availability based on course curriculum availability.

Hope this info helps answers some questions.

EDIT: 9528572914
      Last edited by JPOL; 12-04-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin. Yeah that is weird I also thought drug test was last thing before getting the call but good luck bud

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        @I'm a ninja hey maybe a provisional clearance came through for me. I dunno maybe I'll find out tomorrow or sometime later this week if I get "the call" or not.

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another thing to be aware of
        If you are a NY applicant is that BI takes longer Bc the investigators don’t want to deal with NY(that’s what my investigator told me). I’m 17-10 and signed provisional . Only met with my bi in October of this year and still hasn’t cleared. Luckily I was given an EOD regardless of the slow BI.

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        Check EDIT
        Last edited by JPOL; 12-04-2018, 03:32 AM.

• Anyone from 18-6 still hasnt gotten an eod? im still waiting for my medical to clear. they used results from july 2017, and back in august, of 2018, got an email to get additional testing for vision and mental health and turned them in september 1, 2018. starting to lose hope

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        Here.

Still waiting for medical to clear. Emailed additional paperwork 7/28/18.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same scenario for me I did my original medical Oct last year, submitted additional paperwork may 1... Still waiting. Color deficient sucks.

• Bill_bixby
        Bill_bixby commented
        Editing a comment
        going on three months for me.This sucks. I am VRA and still waiting to get my medical cleared.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm waiting on my background to clear.

• anybody here from 18-3 waiting for BI to clear? my last meeting with investigator was last Monday. I texted him today to see if he needed anything else and he said 'Nothing further on my part, Thank You''. so I'm assuming he submitted my report to OPR. Im not VRA or DH so I'm thinking 2-3 more months because that's what i have seen here but i hope I'm wrong and its faster, i know it depends a lot too on how lengthy your background is. It would be a hell of a Christmas gift to get cleared for the holidays.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        txm44 where are you from? if you are from NYC metro area it might take another two months for POLY due to backlog ( my wait was 4 months and 2 days something like that) . that med review is definitely setting people back too man smh.

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’m out on Long Island....so I guess the wait continues

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 I’m 18-3 BP I’m also waiting for my background to clear as well as waiting for the drug test my background was submitted sept 7th haven’t heard any update. Was told it would take 4-6 months for my background to clear.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jgonz383 damn man that is a long wait and you are for BP. well i guess i will go on with my life plans. i have my brothers wedding in July and its in Dominican Republic so i guess im gonna buy my ticket with insurance in case i need to change it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11387 users online. 399 members and 10988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X