Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So l did a direct hire for cbp in Cali the process is moving fast i had a friend that left orange country sheriffs to cbp he said they matched his pay is that any true I’m current a probation officer I’m coming in as a gs9 l make 70k a year

Comment

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really dam l don’t pay for my benefits l actually get money back my department pays for everything

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      $ 600 MONTH? Is that for the family. Seems pricey. I thought cbp pays biweekly?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      DHS family plan is like 300 bi-weekly for a plan i would fall under for DFW. the out of pocket and deductible is great tho for DHS(depending on the plan you choose)
      The price really depends on the area and the package you choose. i like paying co-pays and low deductible verses no co-pays and a high deductible. This is the biggest difference in what you pay. i always get co-pays and low deductible/out of pocket expenses . when you pay for the family and get the cheapest plan it doesnt always benefits you in the long run. Texas has alot of cheaper plans but the out of pocket for the year is 15,000 and most doesn't have a co pay.

Hal- cbp does pay bye weekly, i just break everything monthly verse 2 times a month

Kevinmo91- 2197-biweekly after taxes

my last company for the same plan i had to pay 1400 a month. But like i said i get better plans and better coverage. my wife c-section was 55,000 for the total surgery and stay. I paid 4000 for the whole year for it. ,y wife had another c-section a year later and cost me 5200 for the whole year.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 okay at least to me that pay is more then enough to keep me happy. I was looking into the medical and yeah there is a lot to go through and breakdown but I understand your logic and reasoning for your plan.

• For those of you who had to retake the polygraph. I just got the word that I have to retake mine on December 11th after over two months of waiting. But I’m curious, will it be shorter or similar to my first one? My first one was only 4 1/2 hours long. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• striza
      striza commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Hal29 My god talk about having your brain mushed.

• LOLLI
      LOLLI commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took my 2nd poly. We started form the part I failed last time. Unfortunately, I failed it again. Then the examiner said I don't have to do the rest of the exam. In and out in 2 hours.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOLLI sorry to hear about that, did they tell you if you would retest? Theres one guy here who had to take the test 5 times before he passed so dont be too discouraged.

• LOLLI
      LOLLI commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 The examiner said because i failed the same part twice, so the chance to have a 3rd interview would be very low. He will send my result to the QC to make the final decision.

• Question does anyone know how regimented the academy is

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      My first recommendation would be to read the last ~100 pages because these has been asked millions of times. To answer, its not, at all.

• deleted...
    Last edited by Justin354; 11-28-2018, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Justin354; 11-27-2018, 11:13 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

• Ok y’all this may be a dumb question but I’m a VRA applicant and want to ask, do they provide you with a physical list of duty locations to choose from or do they just read off locations over the phone and you pick one? I ask because the wife and I are trying to come to an agreement on where we would like to work but ultimately where we would like to buy a house. Thanks y’all!

Comment

• Justin354
          Justin354 commented
          Editing a comment
          Over the phone. They will ask your regional preference to narrow down the options, or you can hear them all.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Go to CBPO duty locations. go to the states you would like to live in and then break down the cities. Let youre wife choose the area she like number them so you have a nice list ready to go.

CBPO-When they called me they told me anywhere in Arizona and Cali,They then said since im VRA i can request any port and they will personally call to see if there is a spot open.

BPA- called and told me since you are VRA choose anywhere on the South border and we will give it to you.

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 that is great info! I’ll have a list of 5 ready to go. Hopefully I can get one of them.

• Anyone hear of any spots open in Philadelphia??

Comment

• 322 days and counting since I started this process. Over six months of that just on medical alone that still hasn't cleared. Itll be a Christmas miracle if that clears in the next month. Yall keep your fingers crossed for me!

On a serious note, what is everyone doing to prepare for academy? Both physically and/or learning/familiarizing/brushing up on?

Comment

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            im 18-3 regular announcement, applied in December of 2017, I met with my investigator for the second and final time yesterday, im assuming he will submit by the end of this week( thats what he sound it like) but damn, im dreading another 3 months of wait uuuggh.

• Dcherise18088
            Dcherise18088 commented
            Editing a comment
            I CLEARED! just checked today and I'm finally at 50%. Its so refreshing to be moving forward!! I applied for DH 18-2 I believe.

• lordofbk43
            lordofbk43 commented
            Editing a comment
            bonds525 & Hal29. I feel your pain in regards to waiting. I was a 17-7 application. it took me exactly 9 months to get to 88% on the hiring process. On 2/13/18 I was finally placed in TSU. I didn't receive the infamous call till 8/23/18 (6 months and 10 days) Patience during the hiring process will truly test you. Watching people go thru the hiring process with announcements long after yours is simply crazy, but if you really want this job you just have to wait and keep your head up. Best advise I can give is to just continue on with your life as normal until you get to the next step.

What Location / POE are yall looking to obtain?

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            lordofbk43 I can wait, I have a good job now but just tired of waiting if that makes sense lol

• Anyone from South Florida get scheduled for the polygraph recently?

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            @bonds I'm 17-11

• TonyJones
            TonyJones commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a 18-8 DH took poly in Miami Nov 26 and verbally passed

• logan94
            logan94 commented
            Editing a comment
            18-4 Regular from South Florida and it has been 6 months and 5 days since I passed my SI on May 23rd. Still waiting. I assume BPA, and/or OFO DH and VRA applicants are expedited though.

• Seminoles44
            Seminoles44 commented
            Editing a comment
            logan94 you're 18-4? Boy, I thought maybe mine would be coming soon, I'm 18-9 Regular. Passed SI on August 23rd. Looks like I have a much longer wait than I thought lol

• Hey 19-2 gs9 applicant here....i was previously dh 18-7 and turned it down recently got my pass for gs9 again ..does anybody know how long it will take for your info to transfer over i did everything already.

Comment

• Frustrated.......I was a 17-10 applicant, still active duty Marines. I have waited almost a year for the med board to check on my medical waiver for my hearing since I failed both their hearing tests when I took it back on Oct 2017. Got the email a week ago after waiting almost a year saying that they have NOT accepted my medical waiver and have withdrawn my application. What is going on here? Has anyone heard of them dropping service members like this? I turned in all the paperwork needed for the waiver, I am not sure what they did not like about it. Anyone been in the same situation and give me some information?

Edit: I reapplied to the 19-2 announcement and found out I have to retake the exam, (great). Can anyone confirm that can transfer? I have heard the medical results stay for two years but I am trying to retake their medical as well.

Comment

• lordofbk43
              lordofbk43 commented
              Editing a comment
              Redwings1993 I'm sorry they didn't allow your medical waiver to go thru. As far as I know everything else will transfer over except your exam (Which you retaken) and medical. I believe they will allow you another opportunity to take your medical exam. Hopefully when you get to that point your able to pass your medical exam or get a waiver for it. I'm a Veteran as well and that's just ridiculous after waiting over a year for them to just withdraw your application.

When you did your medical waiver who filled out the paperwork for you?

• KevinMO91
              KevinMO91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Redwings1993 You'll be fine then if you can pass hearing again on your separation physical just make sure whoever does your exam fills the entire form out and does the depth perception test and notes the results.

I dunno how it works with the Marines but you should be able to get your final separation physical exactly one year from your ACTUAL ETS date not to include any kind of school program or terminal leave. I would push to do it as early as you can and after you complete it reapply.

MAKE SURE YOURE APPLYING UNDER THE VRA job listing (Your gonna have to get some kind of proof of service from your PL or CO since you don't have your DD-214), then you can use that separation physical as a substitute for the medical exam and you can use your last PT score as long as it was within the last year of you applying. It just has to be signed off by an NCO.

• Redwings1993
              Redwings1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              lordofbk43, I filled it out. They gave me the requirements and I went ahead and gave them all they needed. This included a letter of why I should have the waiver, in which I explained all that I do in the military. All my awards, reports from higher, and accomplishments were put together.

• Redwings1993
              Redwings1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              KevinMO91, Yes I will be applying under VRA again....and yes I will be working on the final physical soon, if I can pass the hearing test now (I'm still going to claim it for VA....) then hopefully I'll just give them that.

• Hi everyone,

I applied to 19-2. Did the initial assessment and trying to figure out when to take my written test. Was hoping to take it after my university classes but can't wait that long as there's time only till the 14th I think.

Any tips? Advice?

Comment

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              uhm its online take it when you have free time?..LOL

• Tluv123
              Tluv123 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you applied to 19-2 which is gs9 then there is no test next step is medical ....

• Coderedpl
              Coderedpl commented
              Editing a comment
              Tluv123 -
              Job announcement number
              CBPO 19-2

Pay scale & grade
              GS 5 - 7

I'm applying under GS-7

• Tluv123
              Tluv123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ook i see sorry i applied for gs9

• Wait what? The entrance exam?

​​​​​​I get a choice of multiple locations and dates to sign up to, don't see anything about it being online

Comment

• Camelbak
              Camelbak commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I know all the entrance exams are done at testing centers.

• It has now been over 420 days since I applied an still waiting. Going on almost 4 months waiting for my background to clear. I have not heard anything in 4 months. Can't get a hold of anyone. I was hoping to hear something before the year ended but it doesn't seem to be working out that way. Never had any set backs. Just been a long, painful drag. Current job has now become awkward since investigator visited my work. This hurry up and wait crap takes new meaning. I've been holding out for as long as I can but my current job is taking a tole in me. At this point I just wish they would hurry up.

Comment

• TonyJones
              TonyJones commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 It sucks that they visited your workplace, the whole place knew, your boss knew, thats you are quitting at some point, and yet, you are still waiting for months, I would hate that if it happens to me, I think the visits should be the last thing they do before wrapping up BI, get you the drug test and give you "the call",
              I agreed with you when people have a decent job, they don't think so much about this process. I personally hate my job so much, hate coming to work everyday, but gotta pay bills, and don't want my eqip has issues if I change employment, so I'm anxious about getting thru this process too....
              Last edited by TonyJones; 11-30-2018, 08:27 AM.

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tonyjones, I agree. With my job they took basically all our rights away. We can no longer spray or restrain violent inmates. The inmates actually have more rights than us. They put us in dangerous situations. I also work a sex offenders unit with 36 inmates and I'm the only pm staff on my unit. All other staff are borrowed from other units who know nothing about sex offender treatment putting risks even hire. So I also hate my job but applying to other jobs which i have takes time. Not nearly as long as cbp but I fear the idea of it messing up the process for cbp or causing more delays.

• micdrop451
              micdrop451 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 Hey man, it sounds like you're having a tough time. I can't say I know what you're going through although I do since I'm a 17-12 applicant waiting on BI to clear. I'm going to try and put some perspective into this as it's helped me maintain my sanity in this process, I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I served in the Army for 7 years and I've seen buddies come back with PTSD, missing limbs etc. I volunteer for outreach projects in Mexico for the orphans and help build halfway homes for those getting out of prison looking for shelter. Dude, whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, I think of the food I have on the table when people, just south of us in a different country can barely eat and have s*** food. Their burgers at BK don't even taste like meat. I have seen cardboard towns where families live and sleep. This is not to compare your life to theirs as we all have our crosses to bear, but man, we live in America dude. The greatest country in the world. If you make over $30,000 a year, you are considered the 1% in this world. We won the f***** lotto by living in this country where we could go and get food, good f***** food that tastes like food any time of the day. Compared to most places in this world, Is it really all that bad? And trust me, the job I currently have is a s*** show and things have definitely gotten awkward after my BI came to visit a few months ago. But hey, I'm alive, I have my fingers, my toes, my limbs and I'm able to use them. How bad can it really get? Just be patient dude, it'll happen when its suppose to.

• I’m a ninja
              I’m a ninja commented
              Editing a comment
              hal. Hang in there bud. But yeah I think visiting the workplace should be dead last even after drug test. I haven’t told anything to my job because it would be kind of awkward to have to wait months when they know your going to quit lol

• Just waiting for my background to clear.. met with my BI August 10 and the investigator said he submitted it a few days after. I’m 18-2 announcement, prior military with current clearance. My husband just received orders to Key West. Anyone have any idea of the likelihood of choosing Key West? Is it considered a highly desirable location?

Comment

• kli0211
              kli0211 commented
              Editing a comment
              merlin436 why do you think that it is not a highly desirable location? While I was in the CG it certainly was for us.

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know that there have been multiple internal lateral announcements to get people to go to KW in the last few years. Highly desirable ports usually don't need formal laterals to attract people.

I've also talked to a handful of Officers who have worked the port and their general gist was that it is expensive to live there, few local amenities, lengthy travel to the mainland, etc.

One, roughly 10 years ago, told me that it's main attraction was that it offered lots of available short-term trysts with young women to the single guy.

Earlier this year, another told me it was full of gays and lesbians.

Regardless of that, there's also the fact that God seems to have a desire to flatten the place every few years with a storm or two. I'm confident that getting leveled by hurricanes lowers it's overall desirability.

• kli0211
              kli0211 commented
              Editing a comment
              merlin436 you’ve got some solid points haha. We were both briefly strained down there and enjoyed it, but we spent most of our time on the water. Thanks for the info. Hopefully you’re right and it will be up for grabs

• Far16
              Far16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Key west is a lay back location. I think you do more paperwork then anything else. Because your in a big Federal bldg that also have other agents there but you in the 1st floor. So you can tell your husband it’s a easy location. When I saw it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10391 users online. 442 members and 9949 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X