300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone CBPO VRA 18-7 here,

at 88% waiting on BI to clear, EOD is 4/15/19 @ Fort Lauderdale, FLETC is 4/30/19.

anyone else here at Ft. Lauderdale or going?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD-04/04/2019
      Academy 04/19/2018

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD-DFW, Tx

• Far16
      Far16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh S@#t .. FT. Lauderdale Nice I live here but I couldn’t get but congratulations. I’ll be in FLETC in Feb 2019

• D.Brown
      D.Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      I was ft. Lauderdale! Switch with me lol.

• Any applicants here with an EOD date of 4/29 and FLETC date of 5/16 that want to link up?

Comment

• Well, this upcoming week will mark 300 days in the process for me, as well as 6 months since passing SI. Still no word on the poly though... I’ve talked to a couple of recruiters who say that seems like an unusually long wait, they’ve even tried reaching out on my behalf but haven’t been able to get a response from the poly team... really hoping there’s still a chance for me to be scheduled before the end of the year. That’d be a lovely Christmas gift!

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N- Dont let the poly scare you or discourage you. This is my biggest problem with this page. I have taken 3 different poly's in my life. 1 for the county in 2014 passes, 1 for Texas State Troopers in 2016 ( the hardest one) and DHS 2018. DHS Poly was the easiest and more relaxed one i did.The dont ask you about everything in you're life to get the best character out of you like the State/County, DHS asked about when you were an adult to the present, and mostly national Security stuff. just listen, be honest and if you think about it tell them about it. You should be in the "nothing" box when you're in there. When i mean the nothing box, i mean think about nothing and just answer truethfully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ6mVumHY9I

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 and douglasgene1 thank you both very much, that does help put my mind at ease a bit. I think the thing that just gets me nervous is the horror stories people have posted about basically being interrogated and told they failed even after they were 100% honest (so they claimed). It does seem though that those experiences have become less common over the past couple months since they switched over to the new/shorter poly. I think that’s definitely a good sign!

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I wish that there was advice that was really solid that we can all Help you with, but as it goes with this process there doesn’t seem to be that much consistency. I really though that if I just was honest and stayed calm I would do great. I was honest and wasn’t nervous initially and I was still told that the data from the first two rounds of questioning had to be thrown out and they sent me out of the room to start all over again... twice. First I was told that I was too steady and calm and I was trying to trick the machine. Then of course I got nervous and was told I was hiding something(not possible I already even admitted to stealing marshlmmaloe in third grade and cheating on a test in middle school once). In the end I was told that she passed me but she wasn’t sure QC would. And was asked if I would take it again if needed. I said sure. Next day I found out if passed. Moral of the story is. In some Cases it’s really not in your hands if you pass or fail and you have to just listen to the instructions and hope that your body and the machine cooperate. Lastly if you are too hot or cold you should let the examiner know and they can help you out to be more comfortable

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        Talk about having hope. Keep me posted.

• Hey guys I'm about to go in for my Logical Reasoning test in a couple days, anybody else take it yet and is it as difficult as those "Practice test" of 8 questions from website? I didn't find them difficult but I'm wondering if the sheer number of questions are just meant to throw you off?

Also for those of you who have taken it, how long after the Logical reasoning exam before I have to go in and take a fitness test or whatever test? I'm ready to get this rolling!

Oh also when the medical and fitness exam comes up do we get to pick those dates like the Logical Reasoning exam? I need to schedule my vacation dates and work is stingey with how we use personal dates...
      Last edited by Buck_Macdonald; 11-26-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've taking the entrance exam three times(twice for BP) & once for CBP. It isn't hard but it is time consuming & require you to take parts of the sentence phrases such as "some" or "all". First time was an 88 & last time was an 85 just a few days ago. Best of luck!

• 18-9 Applied June of 2018
      Been a month since I've met with BI.

Just posting my status.

Comment

• Centergy
        Centergy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I did poly back in October, that cleared in 4-5 days. Then met with a BI. Just been waiting for the results of that. I have not been scheduled for a drug test yet.

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you take the poly? Also, this is a different experience than what I've gone through. I took my medical and fitness, submitted my background, and then did the BI (in Newark). They gave me the results instantly, took my fingerprints, and told me to expect 4-6 weeks for a poly confirmation (which is well past that stage). Still waiting on poly right now. I am 18-8 normal hire (pref. JFK).

• Centergy
        Centergy commented
        Editing a comment
        Applied, Test, Medical, Fitness, SI, Poly, BI.
        I am 18-9 applied for regular hire as well but for Detroit. Took Poly in Detroit. Poly guy told me I would receive email within a week. Took 3-4 days for results. Then roughly a week after that BI called me and wanted to meet me at my place of employment.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        JPOL I think you are confusing your SI (structured interview) with a BI (background investigation). I went to Newark for my SI and also got fingerprinted, the BI doesnt start until you complete your polygraph.

I completed my polygraph about 2 weeks ago now, I'm just waiting on BI and drug test. I'm concerned about the BI as I've read some people have been stuck at this part for months and months.

• delete please

Comment

• So l did a direct hire for cbp in Cali the process is moving fast i had a friend that left orange country sheriffs to cbp he said they matched his pay is that any true I’m current a probation officer I’m coming in as a gs9 l make 70k a year

Comment

• Jr90037
          Jr90037 commented
          Editing a comment
          Really dam l don’t pay for my benefits l actually get money back my department pays for everything

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          $ 600 MONTH? Is that for the family. Seems pricey. I thought cbp pays biweekly?

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          DHS family plan is like 300 bi-weekly for a plan i would fall under for DFW. the out of pocket and deductible is great tho for DHS(depending on the plan you choose)
          The price really depends on the area and the package you choose. i like paying co-pays and low deductible verses no co-pays and a high deductible. This is the biggest difference in what you pay. i always get co-pays and low deductible/out of pocket expenses . when you pay for the family and get the cheapest plan it doesnt always benefits you in the long run. Texas has alot of cheaper plans but the out of pocket for the year is 15,000 and most doesn't have a co pay.

Hal- cbp does pay bye weekly, i just break everything monthly verse 2 times a month

Kevinmo91- 2197-biweekly after taxes

my last company for the same plan i had to pay 1400 a month. But like i said i get better plans and better coverage. my wife c-section was 55,000 for the total surgery and stay. I paid 4000 for the whole year for it. ,y wife had another c-section a year later and cost me 5200 for the whole year.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 okay at least to me that pay is more then enough to keep me happy. I was looking into the medical and yeah there is a lot to go through and breakdown but I understand your logic and reasoning for your plan.

• For those of you who had to retake the polygraph. I just got the word that I have to retake mine on December 11th after over two months of waiting. But I’m curious, will it be shorter or similar to my first one? My first one was only 4 1/2 hours long. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• striza
          striza commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Hal29 My god talk about having your brain mushed.

• LOLLI
          LOLLI commented
          Editing a comment
          I just took my 2nd poly. We started form the part I failed last time. Unfortunately, I failed it again. Then the examiner said I don't have to do the rest of the exam. In and out in 2 hours.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOLLI sorry to hear about that, did they tell you if you would retest? Theres one guy here who had to take the test 5 times before he passed so dont be too discouraged.

• LOLLI
          LOLLI commented
          Editing a comment
          KevinMO91 The examiner said because i failed the same part twice, so the chance to have a 3rd interview would be very low. He will send my result to the QC to make the final decision.

• Question does anyone know how regimented the academy is

Comment

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          My first recommendation would be to read the last ~100 pages because these has been asked millions of times. To answer, its not, at all.

• deleted...
        Last edited by Justin354; 11-28-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Justin354; 11-27-2018, 10:13 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

• Ok y’all this may be a dumb question but I’m a VRA applicant and want to ask, do they provide you with a physical list of duty locations to choose from or do they just read off locations over the phone and you pick one? I ask because the wife and I are trying to come to an agreement on where we would like to work but ultimately where we would like to buy a house. Thanks y’all!

Comment

• Justin354
              Justin354 commented
              Editing a comment
              Over the phone. They will ask your regional preference to narrow down the options, or you can hear them all.

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Go to CBPO duty locations. go to the states you would like to live in and then break down the cities. Let youre wife choose the area she like number them so you have a nice list ready to go.

CBPO-When they called me they told me anywhere in Arizona and Cali,They then said since im VRA i can request any port and they will personally call to see if there is a spot open.

BPA- called and told me since you are VRA choose anywhere on the South border and we will give it to you.

• raptor170
              raptor170 commented
              Editing a comment
              douglasgene1 that is great info! I’ll have a list of 5 ready to go. Hopefully I can get one of them.

• Anyone hear of any spots open in Philadelphia??

Comment

• 322 days and counting since I started this process. Over six months of that just on medical alone that still hasn't cleared. Itll be a Christmas miracle if that clears in the next month. Yall keep your fingers crossed for me!

On a serious note, what is everyone doing to prepare for academy? Both physically and/or learning/familiarizing/brushing up on?

Comment

• raudy06
                raudy06 commented
                Editing a comment
                im 18-3 regular announcement, applied in December of 2017, I met with my investigator for the second and final time yesterday, im assuming he will submit by the end of this week( thats what he sound it like) but damn, im dreading another 3 months of wait uuuggh.

• Dcherise18088
                Dcherise18088 commented
                Editing a comment
                I CLEARED! just checked today and I'm finally at 50%. Its so refreshing to be moving forward!! I applied for DH 18-2 I believe.

• lordofbk43
                lordofbk43 commented
                Editing a comment
                bonds525 & Hal29. I feel your pain in regards to waiting. I was a 17-7 application. it took me exactly 9 months to get to 88% on the hiring process. On 2/13/18 I was finally placed in TSU. I didn't receive the infamous call till 8/23/18 (6 months and 10 days) Patience during the hiring process will truly test you. Watching people go thru the hiring process with announcements long after yours is simply crazy, but if you really want this job you just have to wait and keep your head up. Best advise I can give is to just continue on with your life as normal until you get to the next step.

What Location / POE are yall looking to obtain?

• bonds525
                bonds525 commented
                Editing a comment
                lordofbk43 I can wait, I have a good job now but just tired of waiting if that makes sense lol

• Anyone from South Florida get scheduled for the polygraph recently?

Comment

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                @bonds I'm 17-11

• TonyJones
                TonyJones commented
                Editing a comment
                There was a 18-8 DH took poly in Miami Nov 26 and verbally passed

• logan94
                logan94 commented
                Editing a comment
                18-4 Regular from South Florida and it has been 6 months and 5 days since I passed my SI on May 23rd. Still waiting. I assume BPA, and/or OFO DH and VRA applicants are expedited though.

• Seminoles44
                Seminoles44 commented
                Editing a comment
                logan94 you're 18-4? Boy, I thought maybe mine would be coming soon, I'm 18-9 Regular. Passed SI on August 23rd. Looks like I have a much longer wait than I thought lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11520 users online. 488 members and 11032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X