Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody red green color deficient that has passed medical?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i didnt bring it up to anyone attention

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Then how did you pass the test?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      went to the eye doctor for better observation and they didnt really even test me for color blindness lol They gave me a green background and purple numbers so i could see it clearly. i mean im red and green color blind, i see the colors just not a whole bunch of shades mixed together.

• Well I just got my email stating I passed the polygraph and am moving forward in the process. All I have left is BI and Drug Test. I'm hoping It gets done fast and I get a call for a FLETC date for 2019

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      kevinmo91
      Hey i saw you were asking about the process and you applied under VRA. I just currently finished the process. VRA is only an expedited if you dont have any medical problems and if had a TS security clearance.

My process took 15 months from start to finish, i believe the only reason why was for border patrol they are faster to push the packet along with the SI, background, poly and drug test . everytime i had a call or email it was for BPA not CBPO. However they Poly, BI,Drug test and medical cross over the SI and fitness do not. 

Under the VRA you get way more options when they offer you the job. Also i believe you were an MP? if you were apply for the GS9 if they reject it let me know i can help you word it to get the GS9. 

When they called for job offer BPA called 1st and told me to choose a spot anywhere near the southern border and i would get the spot. CBPO called 2 days later and offered Arizona and Cali, i asked since i was VRA if i could request a port; they said i could since i was VRA. I requested a few of ports. DHS called that next monday DHS stating the ports i wanted accepted my request to choose what port i wanted. 

The moral of this is, it can be a long process. If you are currently looking for a new job or something to hold you over. Go to recruitmilitary.com make a free account and they have job postings for vets only.

if you have any questions or anything for me please ask them. I will give you everything i know or hear about from recruiters/ DHS agents in the field. I have talked to about 50 of them out in the field.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Yes I was an MP, I applied under VRA as a GS-9 got accepted. I have zero medical issues (consider myself lucky considering how jacked up everyone gets in the Army) I don't have a TS clearance only a Secret which did me no good here lol. I'm hoping it doesn't take as long but I know the truth is it will most likely slow down from here.

I checked my APP yesterday and I'm sitting at 63% and it shows that I passed the polygraph now, the only thing still pending is the BI and the Drug Test. I consider myself pretty lucky since I got this far in the process in only 4 months.

I did hear that you can sign for a provisional clearance when they get around to doing your BI and that can speed the process up. I'm hoping I get lucky and can do that.

I'm not worried too much about work right now, I'm just using the G.I bill to go to school and sustaining on the housing allowance right now. Only regret is not applying sooner before I ets'd out of the Army.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      ya, same here. I didnt know that i could apply without a degree. I was an MP and worked for a Sheriff's department before i went back to construction to make money again lol.

if you got passed the poly i dont think you will have to much longer for the BI to start after that complete they will call and set up a drug test within 48hrs. as i was driving to my drug test BPA called to offer me a spot. wont be to much longer for you. Just hurry up and wait games

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 I'm use to "hurry up and wait" so I don't mind. I kinda am hoping to get a class date this year Im actually kinda excited to work for CBP. Been watching all the videos I could on the stuff, it can be interesting work at times. I was trying to find work in local law enforcement but they make it really hard in NJ. I heard there's money in construction. I was actually trying to find work driving trucks for construction for a minute but they all want experience. I got my CDL while I was still in the Army. Ft Lewis had a lot of trades and schools you could go to before you ets'd (as long as it got approved). It was an interesting class we had one dude drive the truck up the exit ramp on to I-5. The instructor looked like he wanted to have a heart attack lol.

• Is any on here from 18-3 or before hand still waiting on the Poly? CBP

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      well im 17 10 and just passed my poly last week..so i wouldn't sweat..hurry up and wait is the name of the game

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-11 met my investigator 3 months ago and I'm still waiting. My poly was done in June. How's that for a wait.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the information txm44 Evolution81 Hal29 I am pleased to hear they have not forgot about me. Its just a snails pace movement, but it's moving. Also Evolution81 I also hear that the Poly has gotten easier, but I do not know what that means, being I don't even know what the "original" Poly was about. Any insight on that? that you can discuss of course.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I can say is believe in your truth.. And you'll be fine during the poly

• Hey guys just wanted to ask how long most you waited for medical to clear after further medical information was requested and submitted. I’ve seen 5 months and 9 months so far. If y’all can sound off how long you waited that would help to get an average wait time. Thanks y’all.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      8.5 months for more info needed..4 months to clear ...hurry up and wait..lol

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      About 3.5 months for me

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Technically submitted my additional paperwork in May so 7 months.

• DH 18-6 waiting on background to clear last spoke with a background investigator 11/2.

But my question is does anybody have any knowledge of Nogales or the two Cali ports San Ysidro and Calexico?
    Last edited by Scrappydoo; 11-25-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The best answer is that the answers really depend on the particulars and the circumstances.

I volunteered. I would say that most spots in a typical TDY drive are filled with volunteers...but often some people are forced.

There's really no avenue to volunteer at need to just any port, especially informally. The usual offerings are most often limited. Further, since management largely controls who goes, the opportunity often is restricted to select people, select locations.

As far as qualifications like Spanish go, sometimes they matter a lot and often they don't. Usually, on the large-scale southern border TDYs, they pick whoever they can get...since they can always fill those people into support slots less dependent on one's Spanish abilities.

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 my concerns are kind of the overall experience at each port? Do they each have mandatory OT or voluntary OT? Which port did you like best and why?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrappy,

As I said previously, I'm no expert on the inner works of either port.

Pretty much any large or significant port has it's mixture of volunteer and forced overtime. SYS, being at or near the top of overtime heap continually, pretty much leads the way in regards to overtime as a whole. Southern border ports in general tend to represent the upper range of overtime availability and expectation.

As far as which port I liked better...I've always had a soft spot for Arizona. That's just me and my personal biases though. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who prefer California.

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 i understand when i first applied i was all for cali but after looking at the cost of living and the wildfires not to mention i met a future BPA who said he lived in cali and was tired of smelling smoke it kind of made me think a bit. Then i think I saw HAL who said AZ in the tucson area was better than most ppl think I gave it a look and i said to myself this really aint that bad and the cost of living is way better than cali plus you would get more for your buck. So im like really waiting for that call just to say Nogales really quick. I'm just kind of hoping for good coworkers and plenty of OT at my convenience of course hahahaha.

• 18-12 VRA GS-9 here....so a background investigator has spoke with a couple references and my supervisor but I have not been contacted for a personal interview yet. Has anyone else had this happen?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Out of curiosity, how you know they contacted your supervisor?

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      1RidgeRunner7 they contacted me first asking when a good time to speak with my Sgt and asked if the contact number they had was correct. Yesterday I followed up with my Sgt and he said tthey had a face to face meeting the day prior.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170 Thank you sir, just wondering.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My BI meet with many of my people before even calling me. They called me and asked to set up a day to meet ( i set it up for the next day). Met with him went over all the paperwork i filled out for DHS and at the end he told me who he met with and who he needed to meet with, he also asked for a number for a friend i did not put down but would go get a beer with.

if anything comes up he will set up a 2nd meeting to discuss it and get you're side of the story. Needless to say i had to set up a 2nd meeting.

• I got the call, for both BPA and CBPO. I took the job as CBPO for DFW. The CBPO and BPA were trying to get me to go to Arizona and California.

BPA called 1st stating since i was VRA i could get anywhere on the SWB ( i wanted to do it but my wife wasn't about that life.)

CBPO called friday after thanksgiving they stated they had high demand for Arizona and Cali. I asked if they had opening for DFW and Pensacola, they said they would call the port directly and get back to me Monday since i was VRA.

they called me this morning and gave me DFW.

Academy dates
    EOD 4/4/2018

academy
    4/19/2019-8/23/2019

Comment

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Do you remember what locations BP offered?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      BP literately told me anywhere on the south west border i can choose and get, i asked for Corpus Christi, TX they said they did not then offered me Falfurrias, TX which is 40 miles south of Corpus Christi, Tx. I wanted BPA but my wife wanted to stay in the DFW area, so when CBP accepted my request for DFW i took CBPO spot.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Question!!! You have stated that you took the offer from CBPO for DFW area. Did you ask & they just gave that to you over the phone or it just so happens that DFW do in need of people critically when they contacted you over the phone? I applied DH & VRA but both of them has shown no options for DFW sites for me whatsoever..... I was wondering if I get the offer at the end, am I allowed to state strongly that DFW will be my only desire to be stationed prior to FLETC?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry just saw your question. So when you get the call they will tell you what the needs are of the department which is AZ and Cali...they will then say i see you are VRA so is their any port you would like? this is the time to request DFW and other ports. The hiring center stated they would call the port, they never stated that its in critical need of people.

However in my SI all t=of the big wigs and Port Director stated if i wanted the job i would get it being VRA since the area is so big.

• 17-8 here and still waiting for my background to clear. Over 3 months since my investigator finished. 16 months in

Comment

• Hello All, I have been following this thread for a while now, but finally got in I had a few questions maybe someone in here could answer for me....
      I have been in the process now for about 14months due to some set-backs with a Civil Service letter that I needed to acquire, but finally
      I have my Polygraph in Newark on DEC. 3rd, I have passed everything except the Polygraph and the drug test (Which I am not scheduled for yet).
      I applied at the 17-10 test and is Location Negotiable

My questions are.

1. I had a question about my BI investigator do they have to talk to your supervisor, I have no issues with him talking to my supervisor because he already knows I have applied, but I would not want it advertised all over my company. Do they talk with your wife?

2. Anyone here from the Pennsylvania area that has been chosen to work in Philadelphia airport? DO they have spots open? I would rather stay around my area Newark or Philadelphia, but would relocate to Florida with my family if needed to.

3. Anyone here that is 40years old as I am. This is pretty much my last stop in law enforcement, I was a correctional officer for 2 years, but due to "budget cuts" in my county I was laid off, and applied for CBP as a last chance back into law enforcement just wondering if there was anyone here that has gone through the academy when they were around my age, and what can I expect.

4. I would be driving if offered a position as I am only 14hrs away, Would bringing a bike help me better to navigate through the campus? Or just leave the bike?

Any info would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks Everyone

Comment

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978, they will talk to your supervisor, coworkers, and HR in some cases I know of, so your company will know. I don't think they will talk to your wife, they will talk to your friends and references that you put on your eqip.
        Regarding open spots, when you receive "the call", just ask for the desired location. Keep a list of 3-4 and prioritized them down. Locations may be opened now but may not available next month you know. I saw Duless or Miami have lot of spots. But Newark is big airport too, they may have. Just wait until the call and ask.
        I don't think 40 years of age is matter. Lot of us here are in 30s, as long as you are friendly, get along with everyone, be a team player, should be fine.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call last week and Newark was available.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish Im glad to hear Newark is open thats where Im trying to get in

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish thanks for the reply buddy good to know....anyone know if they have heard if philadelphia has any spots available??
        Last edited by fort1978; 11-28-2018, 04:38 AM.

• Hello everyone CBPO VRA 18-7 here,

at 88% waiting on BI to clear, EOD is 4/15/19 @ Fort Lauderdale, FLETC is 4/30/19.

anyone else here at Ft. Lauderdale or going?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        EOD-04/04/2019
        Academy 04/19/2018

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        EOD-DFW, Tx

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh [email protected]#t .. FT. Lauderdale Nice I live here but I couldn’t get but congratulations. I’ll be in FLETC in Feb 2019

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        I was ft. Lauderdale! Switch with me lol.

• Any applicants here with an EOD date of 4/29 and FLETC date of 5/16 that want to link up?

Comment

• Well, this upcoming week will mark 300 days in the process for me, as well as 6 months since passing SI. Still no word on the poly though... I’ve talked to a couple of recruiters who say that seems like an unusually long wait, they’ve even tried reaching out on my behalf but haven’t been able to get a response from the poly team... really hoping there’s still a chance for me to be scheduled before the end of the year. That’d be a lovely Christmas gift!

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N- Dont let the poly scare you or discourage you. This is my biggest problem with this page. I have taken 3 different poly's in my life. 1 for the county in 2014 passes, 1 for Texas State Troopers in 2016 ( the hardest one) and DHS 2018. DHS Poly was the easiest and more relaxed one i did.The dont ask you about everything in you're life to get the best character out of you like the State/County, DHS asked about when you were an adult to the present, and mostly national Security stuff. just listen, be honest and if you think about it tell them about it. You should be in the "nothing" box when you're in there. When i mean the nothing box, i mean think about nothing and just answer truethfully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ6mVumHY9I

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          KevinMO91 and douglasgene1 thank you both very much, that does help put my mind at ease a bit. I think the thing that just gets me nervous is the horror stories people have posted about basically being interrogated and told they failed even after they were 100% honest (so they claimed). It does seem though that those experiences have become less common over the past couple months since they switched over to the new/shorter poly. I think that’s definitely a good sign!

• rachrose77
          rachrose77 commented
          Editing a comment
          N.N. I wish that there was advice that was really solid that we can all Help you with, but as it goes with this process there doesn’t seem to be that much consistency. I really though that if I just was honest and stayed calm I would do great. I was honest and wasn’t nervous initially and I was still told that the data from the first two rounds of questioning had to be thrown out and they sent me out of the room to start all over again... twice. First I was told that I was too steady and calm and I was trying to trick the machine. Then of course I got nervous and was told I was hiding something(not possible I already even admitted to stealing marshlmmaloe in third grade and cheating on a test in middle school once). In the end I was told that she passed me but she wasn’t sure QC would. And was asked if I would take it again if needed. I said sure. Next day I found out if passed. Moral of the story is. In some Cases it’s really not in your hands if you pass or fail and you have to just listen to the instructions and hope that your body and the machine cooperate. Lastly if you are too hot or cold you should let the examiner know and they can help you out to be more comfortable

• striza
          striza commented
          Editing a comment
          Talk about having hope. Keep me posted.

• Hey guys I'm about to go in for my Logical Reasoning test in a couple days, anybody else take it yet and is it as difficult as those "Practice test" of 8 questions from website? I didn't find them difficult but I'm wondering if the sheer number of questions are just meant to throw you off?

Also for those of you who have taken it, how long after the Logical reasoning exam before I have to go in and take a fitness test or whatever test? I'm ready to get this rolling!

Oh also when the medical and fitness exam comes up do we get to pick those dates like the Logical Reasoning exam? I need to schedule my vacation dates and work is stingey with how we use personal dates...
        Last edited by Buck_Macdonald; 11-26-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've taking the entrance exam three times(twice for BP) & once for CBP. It isn't hard but it is time consuming & require you to take parts of the sentence phrases such as "some" or "all". First time was an 88 & last time was an 85 just a few days ago. Best of luck!

• 18-9 Applied June of 2018
        Been a month since I've met with BI.

Just posting my status.

Comment

• Centergy
          Centergy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I did poly back in October, that cleared in 4-5 days. Then met with a BI. Just been waiting for the results of that. I have not been scheduled for a drug test yet.

• JPOL
          JPOL commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you take the poly? Also, this is a different experience than what I've gone through. I took my medical and fitness, submitted my background, and then did the BI (in Newark). They gave me the results instantly, took my fingerprints, and told me to expect 4-6 weeks for a poly confirmation (which is well past that stage). Still waiting on poly right now. I am 18-8 normal hire (pref. JFK).

• Centergy
          Centergy commented
          Editing a comment
          Applied, Test, Medical, Fitness, SI, Poly, BI.
          I am 18-9 applied for regular hire as well but for Detroit. Took Poly in Detroit. Poly guy told me I would receive email within a week. Took 3-4 days for results. Then roughly a week after that BI called me and wanted to meet me at my place of employment.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          JPOL I think you are confusing your SI (structured interview) with a BI (background investigation). I went to Newark for my SI and also got fingerprinted, the BI doesnt start until you complete your polygraph.

I completed my polygraph about 2 weeks ago now, I'm just waiting on BI and drug test. I'm concerned about the BI as I've read some people have been stuck at this part for months and months.

• delete please

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8003 users online. 351 members and 7652 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X