Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other 18-8 DH out there got scheduled poly yet?

Comment

• It appears my PFT 1 was cleared. I am sitting at 50% on CASS. I am hoping I get the drug test and poly done before January. I am going to be pretty busy with a police academy come January. I would hate to miss time from an academy for a job that isn't guaranteed.

CBPO VRA GS9 18-12 50%

Sept 11- Tentative selected
      Sept 17- Selected
      Sept 17- Scheduled for SI
      Sept 18- Medical schedule for 9/28
      Sept 21 - eQuip turned in.
      Sept 24 - eQuip released to OPM
      Spet 28 - Medical
      Oct 1 - Reciprocity agility form turned in
      Oct 3 - SI
      Oct 4 - SI pass
      Oct 8 - Medical Clear
      Nov 19 - agility test completed
      Nov 21 - agility test pass

Poly date - Pending
      BI- In progress
      Drug - In progress
      PFT 2 - NA
      Final Offer - Pending

Comment

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        1RidgeRunner7 I plan on sticking to who ever takes me first and riding that wave until the next best thing. My goal is to go through with academy and still try to get into homeland which pays more too. I rather go with federal leo anyways

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 Hey kevin im 18-11 VRA GS9 im curious did they call or email you to schedule poly? Also if they did call was the number blocked or unknown? Thanks. I'm going nuts refreshing and deleting emails

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 Thanks, that was helpful. I am hoping they can work with me if they need anything from while I am at the academy. I understand there are deadlines for certain things, but if I cant meet them then I cant. I want to take this police academy with me if DHS decides to hire me.

I am sure you know a police academy can open doors with other departments, as a lateral. I have been on the fence about whether I should go to the federal LE side or stay in local LE. Decisions decisions decisions.....Best of luck to you gents. keep me updated.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        striza they called me then followed up with an email for both polygraphs

• I GOT THE CALL!!

They always choose the perfect time to call me and I know its them because it's usually a blocked number.

Anyways, I don't know what other locations they are willing to offer because I only care about jFK and that's what I asked for. If anyone really wants to know, when I call them back on friday to finalize I can ask them to tell me the locations that are currently available.

The earliest dates they could offer me was EOD April 4th and FLETC April 19th-August 23rd.

I also asked for dates after July 19th because I'm getting married on July 19th and the best they could do after that was EOD August 23 and FLETC September 9th-January 22nd.

Once I talk to my soon to be wife, we will decide which is the better option.. I prefer to start sooner rather than later but then that means I have to beg them to let me leave after courses on a thursday because the wedding is on a friday and then back to FLETC on a Sunday.

Anyone currently at FLETC ever took a friday off to have a three day weekend?

DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexr3496 Maybe depend on port? they give you different dates... i dont know, their standards and time line are all over place... so we won't really know... Hal29 , yea man, mobyfish is lucky as heck... everything fast for him... his process was smooth even after reapplying.... oh well, all we can do now keep waiting....

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can only miss a certain amount of class hours at FLETC before you get the boot. I don't remember how many, 24hrs maybe? That time is probably better suited for sick time, injury recovery etc. Do you want to take that risk? You have to make up everything you miss after class time.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 I only plan on missing one day.. so i should be fine. I'm not injury prone or anything and I don't get sick. *knock on wood*

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats and thank you for this magic timeline of yours. Keep us posted on JFK! Thinking on trying to get in there when i get the call.

• Any 18-3 still waiting on poly date? Passed medical 8 weeks ago after a couple months wait. I was excited until realizing it would be another couple months waiting for poly. Almost a year in...definitely discouraging.

Comment

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        txm44 I been in the "process" for 14 months now. You're right, it is very discouraging. I am currently at 50% been there since May. Emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they stated this is the normal hiring process and everything is on track. I hoping, no news is good news.

• Ok so any 18-7 applicants, I just want to put my status here. I applied in April of 2018, and the process went fast afterward. Went straight into medical and PFT 1. Passed SI in July. Then my medical got kicked back because I was diagnosed with anxiety. I had to pay a LOT of money out of pocket to have a federal law enforcement fit for duty eval completed by a shrink specializing in this area. The report, just as I knew it would, stated I am 100% fit for duty. That was submitted back in August.....CASS still sitting at 38%......crickets chirping. I am certain my medical will be a go. Just.....waiting.....on.....the.....poly.......... ....

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        i had to do the same thing due to anxiety/taking welbutrin 400 out my pocket...youll be alright im already passed the polygraph phase

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same boat did initial medical Oct last year additional request for info Feb, then another request in aug... Still waiting lol 14 months in

• Here to gain some insight, would a separation from a police academy due to a PT failure deem me unsuitable in the hiring process? I know you have to report all jobs you've been fired for and explain why. I'm having a hard time passing my run time due to shin splints. I know the only way to truly find out is to apply and see.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't believe such a past failure would, as a matter of normalcy, be an automatic and insurmountable roadblock.

Like you said...you know the only way to truly find out.
        Last edited by merlin436; 11-22-2018, 10:28 PM.

• Anybody red green color deficient that has passed medical?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        i didnt bring it up to anyone attention

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Then how did you pass the test?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        went to the eye doctor for better observation and they didnt really even test me for color blindness lol They gave me a green background and purple numbers so i could see it clearly. i mean im red and green color blind, i see the colors just not a whole bunch of shades mixed together.

• Well I just got my email stating I passed the polygraph and am moving forward in the process. All I have left is BI and Drug Test. I'm hoping It gets done fast and I get a call for a FLETC date for 2019

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        kevinmo91
        Hey i saw you were asking about the process and you applied under VRA. I just currently finished the process. VRA is only an expedited if you dont have any medical problems and if had a TS security clearance.

My process took 15 months from start to finish, i believe the only reason why was for border patrol they are faster to push the packet along with the SI, background, poly and drug test . everytime i had a call or email it was for BPA not CBPO. However they Poly, BI,Drug test and medical cross over the SI and fitness do not.*

Under the VRA you get way more options when they offer you the job. Also i believe you were an MP? if you were apply for the GS9 if they reject it let me know i can help you word it to get the GS9.*

When they called for job offer BPA called 1st and told me to choose a spot anywhere near the southern border and i would get the spot. CBPO called 2 days later and offered Arizona and Cali, i asked since i was VRA if i could request a port; they said i could since i was VRA. I requested a few of ports. DHS called that next monday DHS stating the ports i wanted accepted my request to choose what port i wanted.*

The moral of this is, it can be a long process. If you are currently looking for a new job or something to hold you over. Go to recruitmilitary.com make a free account and they have job postings for vets only.

if you have any questions or anything for me please ask them. I will give you everything i know or hear about from recruiters/ DHS agents in the field. I have talked to about 50 of them out in the field.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 Yes I was an MP, I applied under VRA as a GS-9 got accepted. I have zero medical issues (consider myself lucky considering how jacked up everyone gets in the Army) I don't have a TS clearance only a Secret which did me no good here lol. I'm hoping it doesn't take as long but I know the truth is it will most likely slow down from here.

I checked my APP yesterday and I'm sitting at 63% and it shows that I passed the polygraph now, the only thing still pending is the BI and the Drug Test. I consider myself pretty lucky since I got this far in the process in only 4 months.

I did hear that you can sign for a provisional clearance when they get around to doing your BI and that can speed the process up. I'm hoping I get lucky and can do that.

I'm not worried too much about work right now, I'm just using the G.I bill to go to school and sustaining on the housing allowance right now. Only regret is not applying sooner before I ets'd out of the Army.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ya, same here. I didnt know that i could apply without a degree. I was an MP and worked for a Sheriff's department before i went back to construction to make money again lol.

if you got passed the poly i dont think you will have to much longer for the BI to start after that complete they will call and set up a drug test within 48hrs. as i was driving to my drug test BPA called to offer me a spot. wont be to much longer for you. Just hurry up and wait games

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 I'm use to "hurry up and wait" so I don't mind. I kinda am hoping to get a class date this year Im actually kinda excited to work for CBP. Been watching all the videos I could on the stuff, it can be interesting work at times. I was trying to find work in local law enforcement but they make it really hard in NJ. I heard there's money in construction. I was actually trying to find work driving trucks for construction for a minute but they all want experience. I got my CDL while I was still in the Army. Ft Lewis had a lot of trades and schools you could go to before you ets'd (as long as it got approved). It was an interesting class we had one dude drive the truck up the exit ramp on to I-5. The instructor looked like he wanted to have a heart attack lol.

• Is any on here from 18-3 or before hand still waiting on the Poly? CBP

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        well im 17 10 and just passed my poly last week..so i wouldn't sweat..hurry up and wait is the name of the game

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        17-11 met my investigator 3 months ago and I'm still waiting. My poly was done in June. How's that for a wait.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the information txm44 Evolution81 Hal29 I am pleased to hear they have not forgot about me. Its just a snails pace movement, but it's moving. Also Evolution81 I also hear that the Poly has gotten easier, but I do not know what that means, being I don't even know what the "original" Poly was about. Any insight on that? that you can discuss of course.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        All I can say is believe in your truth.. And you'll be fine during the poly

• Hey guys just wanted to ask how long most you waited for medical to clear after further medical information was requested and submitted. I’ve seen 5 months and 9 months so far. If y’all can sound off how long you waited that would help to get an average wait time. Thanks y’all.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        8.5 months for more info needed..4 months to clear ...hurry up and wait..lol

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        About 3.5 months for me

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Technically submitted my additional paperwork in May so 7 months.

• DH 18-6 waiting on background to clear last spoke with a background investigator 11/2.

But my question is does anybody have any knowledge of Nogales or the two Cali ports San Ysidro and Calexico?
      Last edited by Scrappydoo; 11-25-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The best answer is that the answers really depend on the particulars and the circumstances.

I volunteered. I would say that most spots in a typical TDY drive are filled with volunteers...but often some people are forced.

There's really no avenue to volunteer at need to just any port, especially informally. The usual offerings are most often limited. Further, since management largely controls who goes, the opportunity often is restricted to select people, select locations.

As far as qualifications like Spanish go, sometimes they matter a lot and often they don't. Usually, on the large-scale southern border TDYs, they pick whoever they can get...since they can always fill those people into support slots less dependent on one's Spanish abilities.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 my concerns are kind of the overall experience at each port? Do they each have mandatory OT or voluntary OT? Which port did you like best and why?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scrappy,

As I said previously, I'm no expert on the inner works of either port.

Pretty much any large or significant port has it's mixture of volunteer and forced overtime. SYS, being at or near the top of overtime heap continually, pretty much leads the way in regards to overtime as a whole. Southern border ports in general tend to represent the upper range of overtime availability and expectation.

As far as which port I liked better...I've always had a soft spot for Arizona. That's just me and my personal biases though. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who prefer California.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 i understand when i first applied i was all for cali but after looking at the cost of living and the wildfires not to mention i met a future BPA who said he lived in cali and was tired of smelling smoke it kind of made me think a bit. Then i think I saw HAL who said AZ in the tucson area was better than most ppl think I gave it a look and i said to myself this really aint that bad and the cost of living is way better than cali plus you would get more for your buck. So im like really waiting for that call just to say Nogales really quick. I'm just kind of hoping for good coworkers and plenty of OT at my convenience of course hahahaha.

• 18-12 VRA GS-9 here....so a background investigator has spoke with a couple references and my supervisor but I have not been contacted for a personal interview yet. Has anyone else had this happen?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Out of curiosity, how you know they contacted your supervisor?

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        1RidgeRunner7 they contacted me first asking when a good time to speak with my Sgt and asked if the contact number they had was correct. Yesterday I followed up with my Sgt and he said tthey had a face to face meeting the day prior.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        raptor170 Thank you sir, just wondering.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI meet with many of my people before even calling me. They called me and asked to set up a day to meet ( i set it up for the next day). Met with him went over all the paperwork i filled out for DHS and at the end he told me who he met with and who he needed to meet with, he also asked for a number for a friend i did not put down but would go get a beer with.

if anything comes up he will set up a 2nd meeting to discuss it and get you're side of the story. Needless to say i had to set up a 2nd meeting.

• I got the call, for both BPA and CBPO. I took the job as CBPO for DFW. The CBPO and BPA were trying to get me to go to Arizona and California.

BPA called 1st stating since i was VRA i could get anywhere on the SWB ( i wanted to do it but my wife wasn't about that life.)

CBPO called friday after thanksgiving they stated they had high demand for Arizona and Cali. I asked if they had opening for DFW and Pensacola, they said they would call the port directly and get back to me Monday since i was VRA.

they called me this morning and gave me DFW.

Academy dates
      EOD 4/4/2018

academy
      4/19/2019-8/23/2019

Comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 Do you remember what locations BP offered?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        BP literately told me anywhere on the south west border i can choose and get, i asked for Corpus Christi, TX they said they did not then offered me Falfurrias, TX which is 40 miles south of Corpus Christi, Tx. I wanted BPA but my wife wanted to stay in the DFW area, so when CBP accepted my request for DFW i took CBPO spot.

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        Question!!! You have stated that you took the offer from CBPO for DFW area. Did you ask & they just gave that to you over the phone or it just so happens that DFW do in need of people critically when they contacted you over the phone? I applied DH & VRA but both of them has shown no options for DFW sites for me whatsoever..... I was wondering if I get the offer at the end, am I allowed to state strongly that DFW will be my only desire to be stationed prior to FLETC?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry just saw your question. So when you get the call they will tell you what the needs are of the department which is AZ and Cali...they will then say i see you are VRA so is their any port you would like? this is the time to request DFW and other ports. The hiring center stated they would call the port, they never stated that its in critical need of people.

However in my SI all t=of the big wigs and Port Director stated if i wanted the job i would get it being VRA since the area is so big.

• 17-8 here and still waiting for my background to clear. Over 3 months since my investigator finished. 16 months in

Comment

• Hello All, I have been following this thread for a while now, but finally got in I had a few questions maybe someone in here could answer for me....
        I have been in the process now for about 14months due to some set-backs with a Civil Service letter that I needed to acquire, but finally
        I have my Polygraph in Newark on DEC. 3rd, I have passed everything except the Polygraph and the drug test (Which I am not scheduled for yet).
        I applied at the 17-10 test and is Location Negotiable

My questions are.

1. I had a question about my BI investigator do they have to talk to your supervisor, I have no issues with him talking to my supervisor because he already knows I have applied, but I would not want it advertised all over my company. Do they talk with your wife?

2. Anyone here from the Pennsylvania area that has been chosen to work in Philadelphia airport? DO they have spots open? I would rather stay around my area Newark or Philadelphia, but would relocate to Florida with my family if needed to.

3. Anyone here that is 40years old as I am. This is pretty much my last stop in law enforcement, I was a correctional officer for 2 years, but due to "budget cuts" in my county I was laid off, and applied for CBP as a last chance back into law enforcement just wondering if there was anyone here that has gone through the academy when they were around my age, and what can I expect.

4. I would be driving if offered a position as I am only 14hrs away, Would bringing a bike help me better to navigate through the campus? Or just leave the bike?

Any info would be greatly appreciated
        Thanks Everyone

Comment

• TonyJones
          TonyJones commented
          Editing a comment
          fort1978, they will talk to your supervisor, coworkers, and HR in some cases I know of, so your company will know. I don't think they will talk to your wife, they will talk to your friends and references that you put on your eqip.
          Regarding open spots, when you receive "the call", just ask for the desired location. Keep a list of 3-4 and prioritized them down. Locations may be opened now but may not available next month you know. I saw Duless or Miami have lot of spots. But Newark is big airport too, they may have. Just wait until the call and ask.
          I don't think 40 years of age is matter. Lot of us here are in 30s, as long as you are friendly, get along with everyone, be a team player, should be fine.

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the call last week and Newark was available.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          mobyfish Im glad to hear Newark is open thats where Im trying to get in

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          mobyfish thanks for the reply buddy good to know....anyone know if they have heard if philadelphia has any spots available??
          Last edited by fort1978; 11-28-2018, 04:38 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4993 users online. 168 members and 4825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X