300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello my fellow applicants,

I need your advice. I'm a 18-9 regular announcement and currently waiting for poly. I'm from Los Angeles but when I applied, LA isn't available, so I chose San Francisco instead. But now I just noticed LA is open up again. I really want LA so do you guys think I should reapply for LA, or should I wait til I get the call and negotiate with the hiring team?

Any advice and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      i did the same thing rachrose77 did..jfk was not on my announcement but I asked for it when they called to offer the job

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      SimpleLifeCA Good afternoon, I spoke with a recruiter... I was advised to reapply for the location I really wanted if it is in the recent announcement. It may slow down your process but all your info will be carried over from your previous announcement

• Monkey12582
      Monkey12582 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same page as you. After SI ON 9/4. Still waiting for poly. 18-9 also

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      18-9 here too, waiting on the Polly as well

• Yea I wouldn’t go through the hassle of reapplying if you applied to a regular announcement that said “location negotiatable”. They list cities that are more likely to have openings at the time of your final offer but in all honesty your final offer could be anywhere from 5 months-almost 2 years. There is no telling what will be open then so as long as you didn’t apply to DH then simply ask for which place you want when they called. I was 17-10 location negotiable
    and there were all the places I’ve never even heard of lol then got nervous when 18-3 came out and offered queens (jfk). I didn’t reapply but when they called and offered me
    tons of locations I just spoke up and asked if JFK was available and they said “sure we can do that”.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      What places did they offer that wasnt on the current announcement?

• Places in California and Arizona that I’ve never rreally heard of and im sure she would
    have offered more if I didn’t stop the conversation and sau
    that I live in NY and want to stay there. All of us applciants
    have to realize that it’s CBP job to get officers to critical
    location so of course they will mention and push those locations but it’s our job as potential employees to ask for the most convenient locations for us and our families. Never hurts to ask for what you want

Comment

• Since they moved over to this new system, has anyone received an email like this? And could you tell me what to expect?

USA staffing website is down and its driving me nuts!!
      Last edited by mobyfish; 11-19-2018, 12:36 PM. Reason: Took my name out!!
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I had everything completed previously.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I referring to Tluv but I get. I'm 17-11 and still sitting at 63%

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way, what do you mean they moved to a new system. Everything seems the same to me.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 previously they would send you emails with forms that you need to sign and send back... but now they made it easier to do.. They assign you a task and you do it on the USA STAFFING website...

I guess my call is coming again soon because last time when they emailed me about filling out the OF-306, I received the call two days later after filling it out and sending it back to them.. and thats the task I had to complete today..

• Has anyone taken the medical exam recently for CBPO? Is there a depth perception portion to the exam, because the website does not mention it. However, it does mention it for Border Patrol.

Comment

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a depth perception portion , and a color vision portion

• Camelbak
        Camelbak commented
        Editing a comment
        Did it today. Yes there is a depth perception portion. The whole exam only took around 15 minutes, I was surprised it was that fast.

• Got the official email today..i passed the poly...boy was that 4 hours mentally draining...glad to be over it...i dont want to take one ever again..LOL

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It only took you a day to get an email back with a confirmation? I took my 2nd poly last Wednesday and was verbally told I passed. I'm still waiting on a confirmation email.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        yea poly guy said ill send an email when QC approves the results...im guessing its up to how proactive your guy is...he was a good poly dude..even though i was still anxious as hell

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine took to weeks but my examiner went on vacation.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 interesting, all my examiner told me was that I passed and that he would pass the results up as far as time he said it could be a week to months. I'm really hoping to hear something this week.

• delete please

Comment

• How long is the CBP academy from start to finish in Glynco with and without having to take the Spanish course?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s 89 work days (ie not including weekends/holidays). All in all just around 4 months without Spanish.

• JPOL
          JPOL commented
          Editing a comment
          How's campus life?

• Question...

I applied for BPA DH 18-10. I'm waiting my medical to clear after having to see the optometrist and also for my polygraph to be scheduled.

I'm about to be reassigned to day shift at my current job. Have any of you been scheduled for a poly, SI, or any other exam and not been able to attend?

I'm curious if they will work with you in rescheduling to a date that will work. I'm scared to death that I'm going to be scheduled for my polygraph on a day that I work since I'm going to day shift. I'm about five months in now and I REALLY want to get hired!

Comment

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was scheduled for my polygraph I was given a few different dates to choose from. Most of the time they email/call you about two weeks in advance so you have time to make travel preparations if you need too.

• so do we do math problems during FLETC? asking for a friend. lol

Comment

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure don't. There may be one or two times you use math incidental to some other problem but there's nothing math specific. The only time I've used math on the job is to calculate duty on imported cars and liquor. Which is good considering I'm math challenged.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          ES90 thanks bro, and me too. i had a hard time on the math part back when i passed my written.

• My fitness exam is next week. So far, every week as been something new. I'm trying to knock out as much as I can before the holidays.

CBPO 19-1 GS-7

Applied- 10/30/18
        Exam- 11/01/18
        NoR- 11/05/18
        TO- 11/09/18
        e-QIP submitted- 11/14/18
        Medical- 11/19/18
        e-QIP released to ORP- 11/20/18
        PFT- 11/26/18
        SI- 12/03/18

Comment

• im VRA

Got the call for BPA today, still waiting for CBPO to call, i assume tomorrow i will get there call.

They told me since im VRA that most of all the South border is open, when i requested Corpus they told me no. Il let ya'll know what they offer me for CBPO when they call =

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            How long from when you applied to when you got the Call? Did they call you before you BI was set was done or after? I'm still waiting for Polygraph results to change, I was told I passed so holding out hope. Im interested to see what EOD and FLETC dates you get

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            i applied in 09/2017
            medical cleared 062018
            BI started 09/2018
            cleared 11/17/2018
            BPA called job offer 11/20/2018
            CBPO- waiting until holiday passes i guess.

• I took my medical exam and email came back requesting additional info for my vision portion.. I went to retake my vision test and my results came back 20/150 uncorrected (without my glasses) submitted the results and still awaiting finalization from the med dept.. Wondering if anyone knows my chances of getting cleared especially since the requirement is 20/100 and im looking at 20/150 for both eyes.. not far off but not quite there.

Comment

• jdop7
            jdop7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was disqualified because my uncorrected is 20/200. My corrected (using contacts) is 20/20 and I pleaded but still got disqualified. I got LASIK and I reapplied. Every applicant varies. Some guy in this thread said that he had 20/300 in one eye and he is currently in the academy. So, it's honestly up to Med Review on whether or not they'll allow you to continue. Good luck!!

• Bam2323
            Bam2323 commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you! how long did your med review take to finalize?

• Hoping my background clears before the end of the year. Already been 3 months.

Comment

• Hello, yesterday I received a call from 9528572900. CBPO officer called to ask some questions about me (Single, Married...etc.) and if (DH or Regular Announcement) and if I had any questions about the remaining part of the process. Is this common? I've been reading the forum since I started and I haven't seen any mention of this.
            18-4 CBPO-CASS 63%

01/22/18- Applied
            02/17/18- Entrance Exam
            02/22/18- NOR
            03/13/18- e-QIP submitted
            03/26/2018- Medical Exam
            04/05/18- e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
            04/12/2018- Fitness Exam
            04/13/18- e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
            04/26/18- BI Packet Sent to OPR
            06/06/18- SI
            06/07/18- SI NOR (Pass)
            11/02/18- Polygraph
            11/07/18- Polygraph NOR (Pass)

In-Progress-BI
            In-Progress- Drug Examination
            Not Applicable- Fitness Exam 2
            Pending- Final Offer

Comment

• KeepingFaith83
              KeepingFaith83 commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't heard anything like this either; however, sounds like they're getting ready to write up your final offer... Congratulations!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12086 users online. 484 members and 11602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X