300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good2GoDOC View Post
    Question ......While working if you choose to obtain you BS then Masters...does that increase the speed of raising your salary ??
    It does not... you come in as a 5 or a 7 and you go up every year up to 11, and then it goes by steps. If you want a higher GS level (12 or above) you have to compete for those positions.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
      Yeah, I was almost one of those guys. I cleared about 2 hrs before Graduation.
      So qixfeet, is it wise to say too whom ever gives you the call about FLETC, too let them know that your not gona go to FLETC till you have been fully cleared? Lets get real here, some people have other jobs and to go to FLETC without being fully cleared is a risk someone is taking! It's not like someone can go back to there old employer and say "Hey Can I Have My Job Back, I Got Booted Out FLETC"

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
        So qixfeet, is it wise to say too whom ever gives you the call about FLETC, too let them know that your not gona go to FLETC till you have been fully cleared? Lets get real here, some people have other jobs and to go to FLETC without being fully cleared is a risk someone is taking! It's not like someone can go back to there old employer and say "Hey Can I Have My Job Back, I Got Booted Out FLETC"
        Only you know what skeletons are in your closet.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
          Only you know what skeletons are in your closet.
          It's more of haveing a sense of security! Rather than haveing them mess with you at the last minute, like qixfeet! I have 3 speeding tix in the last 10yrs. Why would I or someone wana go to FLETC to get booted for something like that? Catch my drift, JOB SECURITY!

Comment

• Yoda--When people talk about the BI "resolving an issue", they mean obtain all pertinent information about the issue and include it in the report. Often the investigator will believe they have obtained enough information only to have IA/OPM/whoever send the report back for more. It happens often and is no reflection on the investigator or subject, it's just what happens when a third person who has no knowledge of the case reads the report.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• B.I. Question

OK Quick question. I'm filling out my e-qip now and on section 22 it asks
              "Have you been issued a summons, citation, or ticket to appear in court in a criminal proceeding against you;" A bunch of years back I received a ticket for having a glass container on the beach in NYC. I was not arrested. It was a $15 dollar ticket but I had to go to court stand in front of a judge and pay it in person. I have no personal record of it so i 'm not even sure it falls in the 7 years (feels like around 5-6 if I had to guess) It this something that would fall into the realm of a "criminal proceeding"? Should I include it? Does anyone know of a resource that I can use to look it up, some kind of public record or something? Thanks.
              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 11-28-2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                "Have you been issued a summons, citation, or ticket to appear in court in a criminal proceeding against you;" A bunch of years back I received a ticket for having a glass container on the beach in NYC. It was a $15 dollar ticket but I had to go to court stand in front of a judge and pay it in person. I have no personal record of it so i 'm not even sure it falls in the 7 years (feels like around 5-6 if I had to guess) It this something that would fall into the realm of a "criminal proceeding"? Should I include it? Does anyone know of a resource that I can use to look it up, some kind of public record or something? Thanks.
                The key to answering the question is whether it is a criminal violaiton. Since the fine is so low and I doubt any jurisdiction would put you in jail for having glass on the beach, I would guess it is a civil issue, similar to a traffic fine. The easiest way to find out is call the court, not the police department. If you are unsure if it falls wihin the time frame or if it is criminal, list it. It is much easier to expalin why you divulged too much information than why you apparently concealed information.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  "Have you been issued a summons, citation, or ticket to appear in court in a criminal proceeding against you;" A bunch of years back I received a ticket for having a glass container on the beach in NYC. I was not arrested. It was a $15 dollar ticket but I had to go to court stand in front of a judge and pay it in person. I have no personal record of it so i 'm not even sure it falls in the 7 years (feels like around 5-6 if I had to guess) It this something that would fall into the realm of a "criminal proceeding"? Should I include it? Does anyone know of a resource that I can use to look it up, some kind of public record or something? Thanks.
                  I believe that it is a 10 year timeframe. Either way, just list it, not a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1
                    Does anyone know if any progress is being made with respect to applications today, being the day after thanksgiving?
                    Well not sure if they are working or not, but if they are i dont imagine much work is getting done.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Well not sure if they are working or not, but if they are i dont imagine much work is getting done.
                      Hummm... I second that!... Don't think much will be done today...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                        You could do so at your own risk. I didn't find out that I wasn't clear until about 4 days before graduation. It's a little stressful but nothing to really sweat if you're clean. If you have something neg when you did your BI then you have reason to worry. I knew I would be good. I just didn't want to be one of those that had to wait to get their badge and creds. But again its up to you. Just understand you are in no position to make demands. If you don't want the job there are thousands more people that do, and HR knows that. As far as job security, remember it's an academy. Some people accually fail out or get injured. Those people also left jobs to go to FLETC. It's a risk but if you really want the job it's one you have to take.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Does anyone know if any progress is being made with respect to applications today, being the day after thanksgiving?
                          My drug test came up on the phone system as completed today. Dont know if that means someone updated it today, or they did it yesterday and it just didnt register til today.

Comment

I just checked CASS and it was updated to reflect me passing my VBT.
                            I got the same thing. Now if only my qualifications could get completed. You would think doing it off education would be quicker. They look, see you have a master's, 4.0, completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                              I got the same thing. Now if only my qualifications could get completed. You would think doing it off education would be quicker. They look, see you have a master's, 4.0, completed.
                              Same boat here, qualifying based of education. Masters degree.

Comment

• CASS did update today, as it now reflects my 'sent to TSU' date (last week). Hope everyone had a good turkey day, I definitely did. Now over the weekend I'll eat light, and the new week means running off all of the turkey and fixins I ate!
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13339 users online. 487 members and 12852 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X