Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Question...I am shooting for CBP or NYDOC for empolyment..With the NYDOC after completion of the academy you recieve 22 credits towards whatever you already have that can be added if you deciede to continue you education...I was wondering if CBP has something similar, since CBP is what I really prefer..

    Comment


    • I believe FLETC can be converted to some sort of credit, but the real issue is having a university recognize it. Earlier in the thread I think I remember a guy that was able to get it recognize it, but it ended up only going towards General Education credit or something.

      Happy Thanksgiving O.com!
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

      "And you are kinda intoxicated."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
        So is the background investigation still pending or is it cleared? I saw from a previous post that a recruit went to FLETC and then was let go for background issues. Can you or anyone clarify this for me? I am new in the cbpo testing phase. Congrats and good luck!

        Interim clearance mean that it looks good on paper. I haven't receive any call from an adjudicator. I don't have any arrest record and my credit score is in A tier. I have two traffic tickets 10 years ago. From what I read, the BI most like base on your pass criminal history, financial record, and your character through neighbor/friend. Should anything questionable, I would expect a phone call from adjudicator. I hope my BI officially clear. If you don't have anything questionable, you shouldn't worry too much about it.
        CBPO-LB/LA,CA
        Written: 08/08
        TO: 09/24/08
        FLETC CLASS 923

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
          Yeah I scrolled thru that stuff awhile back, So qixfeet I take it your a CBPO? And the people that your talking about that got pulled out during FLETC did not disclose info, only to have it haunt them later during FLETC? Or did a adjudicator miss the info they stated and then decide along the process to disqualify them?
          Yup, I'm CBP. We don't get the details of those dismissed from fletc. You may be told by an instructor or by the dismissed student themselves that it was a BI issue. The adudicators don't miss much. They're very good at what they do.
          Last edited by qixfeet; 11-27-2008, 01:46 PM.
          Don't tase me bro!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
            Interim clearance mean that it looks good on paper. I haven't receive any call from an adjudicator. I don't have any arrest record and my credit score is in A tier. I have two traffic tickets 10 years ago. From what I read, the BI most like base on your pass criminal history, financial record, and your character through neighbor/friend. Should anything questionable, I would expect a phone call from adjudicator. I hope my BI officially clear. If you don't have anything questionable, you shouldn't worry too much about it.
            You need to read the Adjudication Guidelines, I myself had "nothing" to worry about on my BI or "record"... and here I am almost a year after meeting with my Investigator and a month after responding to a NOPA!...
            So many things come into play that you can't even imagine...and the slightest of misunderstanding between you, your Investigator and your adjudicator will have you responding to a NOPA. "Interims" are given out to those that appear clean on paper... meaning that you haven't moved that much in your life, held the 1 job since forever... and nothing came up on initial criminal check... this and the "NEED" of the Port of having certain spots needed to be filled ASAP (so adjudicators have to push people through). I asked my adjudicator why some people get pushed through without even meeting an investigator and this is what she told me... (of course a FULL investigation will be done later on).
            Your adjudication is not only based on your criminal past, if that were true I'd be a CBPO already... Again read the guidelines, and to those you need to add the adjudicators understanding of them, cause in the end it is how they interpret each one, and if and only if it passes through your adjudicator and then their Supervisor (both have to say YES). Those of you who have moved along so quickly consider yourselves lucky, cause those of us stuck in the machine really aren't having so much fun with the whole thing, it is frustrating at best... and Imagine a couple of years ago if you applied for Customs you had an average wait of 3 years!...

            Happy Thanksgiving Guys!...
            Last edited by yoda; 11-27-2008, 02:26 PM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rbakous1
              Why weren't you adjudicated favorably.?
              ???? Fess Up Yoda, it's only a forum....Hahaaa They catch you stealing a turkey that you didn't tell your BI about...Lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rbakous1
                Why weren't you adjudicated favorably.?
                I have not been adjudicated yet... I'm waiting for my adjudicator to write up her recommendation and then it'll be up to her supervisor to say "Yes or No".
                My file was left on a pile right after it was sent to DC, and it wasn't until I contacted my adjudicator that she began working on it (6 or 7 months after I met the investigator). She didn't even know she had my case (she was new), and she didn't even know where my file was!... whoever had my file in January simply left it there in a pile, never worked on it... left... and she inherited my case... I have lived in different cities and different states in the last 10 years as well, there was a mixup on a question about traffic violations, and my investigator threw an oddball comment about my attitude during the interview... he stated that I was uncooperative, unresponsive, and had to be reminded of the seriousness of the interview... because I giggled when he asked me about my traffic violations, which was the only "criminal" record I had... I giggled, he asked me "you think this is Funny?" to which I replied "No Sir" and we moved on...
                Anyway, you are not "cleared" or adjudicated "favorably" or otherwise until everything has been investigated, and clarified...
                Last edited by yoda; 11-27-2008, 03:14 PM.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

                Comment


                • Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                  There have been cases of people making it to graduation day only to be told that they did not pass their BI.


                  Good point Qix. Don't forget those whose BI's haven't cleared even on grad day. After the graduation ceremony the class coordinator takes back your badge and creds. You go back to post academy training at the port and get to walk around in full uniform WITHOUT your firearm (empty holster). I've seen it a few times. One of these CBP candidates was a former local PD officer who wasn't even allowed to wear his duty belt. His was some special case because he was held in limbo for nearly a year post-academy before he was just gone one day. I don't know if he quit or was terminated.
                  ========================================


                  sigpic

                  I feel the need - the need for speed.

                  Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                    We don't get the details of those dismissed from fletc. You may be told by an instructor or by the dismissed student themselves that it was a BI issue.
                    That's if the instructor feels like talking about it. Remember how the departing student would usually be on a bus first thing in the morning so he/she couldn't talk to classmates? You only saw them if the pick-up was running late and they were able to briefly stop by the classroom. Once the decision is made the former candidate is pretty much given the bum's rush off post.
                    ========================================


                    sigpic

                    I feel the need - the need for speed.

                    Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                      Good point Qix. Don't forget those whose BI's haven't cleared even on grad day. After the graduation ceremony the class coordinator takes back your badge and creds. You go back to post academy training at the port and get to walk around in full uniform WITHOUT your firearm (empty holster). I've seen it a few times. One of these CBP candidates was a former local PD officer who wasn't even allowed to wear his duty belt. His was some special case because he was held in limbo for nearly a year post-academy before he was just gone one day. I don't know if he quit or was terminated.
                      Yeah, I was almost one of those guys. I cleared about 2 hrs before Graduation.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

                      Comment


                      • Sooooo I got the bigger half of the wishbone.


                        You know what that means? I get the call on Monday.

                        ...


                        And then I woke up.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                        "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rbakous1
                          Ok thanks for your honesty. So it seems like your BI wasn't able to resolve certain "issues" or misunderstandings based on the investigation and interview before submitting your file for adjudication, hence your delay.
                          The investigator, who submits the File to DC, doesn't resolve any "issues"... He writes the report and passes it along. In my case the Investigator was part of the "issue", but the delay came from the day they left it in a "Pile". Like I mentioned previously, if I had not contacted IA my file would most likely still be in the "forgotten" pile. There were at least 4 investigators involved checking my Background, contacting references and all in the places that I have lived, and the only one that had an "issue" and/or "misunderstanding" with me was the one I met. The comment he made about me and the Interview was 30 seconds out of the 4 hour Interview, so you never know...
                          As you can see, even Police Officers sometimes can't pass adjudication... and I know of Police Officers, and Federal Officers still waiting to "clear" their BI. Like I said before those of you who get the "Go Ahead", make sure you understand how lucky you are, cause waiting in the wings isn't fun at all...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                            Here is my advise to anyone thinking of getting PRK or Lasik surgery...get it as soon as possible!

                            I have completed everything and am just waiting for my 3 month post-op exam with my optometrist and it sucks having to wait knowing that you could be working right now...haha.
                            ha, I just had my LASIK surgery done last friday, it's the best thing ever! The doctor said my vision was 20/15 and it would get better as my eyes healed.

                            I'm glad this position required me to get it as I wanted to for a while anyway. But realistically, I tested in August with a 98 and was sort of expecting to have a T.O. by now (for East TX - Critical Need). I think I finally learned to stop holding my breath waiting on the DHS. But, anyway it's good advice to have it done as soon as possible (not everyone is as unlucky as me).

                            P.S. - No offense to Yoda or everyone else who has been waiting a lot longer than me of course

                            Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!
                            Last edited by Peteylaw06; 11-27-2008, 06:42 PM.
                            CBPO:
                            EXAM: 8/08
                            NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
                            T.O.: 2/2/09
                            GEO - E. TX
                            Forms - 2/6/09
                            Quals - 4/13/09
                            Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
                            VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
                            UDS - 6/24/09
                            BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
                            Fitness - 3/9/09
                            TSU - 7/2/09
                            ___________________

                            Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
                            GEO: VT
                            NOR: 99 (GS-11)
                            T.O.: 10/28/09
                            B.I.: clr 3/12/10
                            E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              The investigator, who submits the File to DC, doesn't resolve any "issues"... He writes the report and passes it along. In my case the Investigator was part of the "issue", but the delay came from the day they left it in a "Pile". Like I mentioned previously, if I had not contacted IA my file would most likely still be in the "forgotten" pile. There were at least 4 investigators involved checking my Background, contacting references and all in the places that I have lived, and the only one that had an "issue" and/or "misunderstanding" with me was the one I met. The comment he made about me and the Interview was 30 seconds out of the 4 hour Interview, so you never know...
                              As you can see, even Police Officers sometimes can't pass adjudication... and I know of Police Officers, and Federal Officers still waiting to "clear" their BI. Like I said before those of you who get the "Go Ahead", make sure you understand how lucky you are, cause waiting in the wings isn't fun at all...
                              How did you find out the Investigator wrote those negative comments about you?
                              CBPO- Hawaii
                              Written: 07/31/08
                              TO: 09/23/08
                              Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                              Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                              Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                              Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                              VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                              BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                              Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                              Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

                              IEA
                              TO: 11/4/08

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                                How did you find out the Investigator wrote those negative comments about you?
                                PM sent
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4466 users online. 238 members and 4228 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X