Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who took the border patrol interview, is the interview for customs officer the same? As in scenario type questions.

Comment

• Gs5183
      Gs5183 commented
      Editing a comment
      co5518 Thank you but do you mean they’re not the same as in not scenario base? More like strengths/weaknesses? It’s really hard to discuss this while not violating nda. But just would like to prepare myself the best I can!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No they arent, watch law enforcement videos on to threat assessment and control. Then paint a picture to the smallest detail. CBPO was easy, BPA board was intense with the questions. I have had a board with the Texas State Troopers and BPA one topped that one. All and all a great experience. With any board stick with you're answers.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I tested for both, BP SI is much harder than CBPO.

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gs5183 they are both scenario based. I actually found the border patrol interview easier

• deleted Deleted
    Last edited by Gs5183; 11-12-2018, 02:26 PM. Reason: meant to quote/reply not new post

Comment

• Does anyone know when they contact you by phone do they leave a message? I got a miss call which was a 430 area code which is Texas. But when I called it back it said this number is no longer in service. No message either.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        hal same thing happened to me today but it was from a Houston #. I answered and it just hanged up. I called back and it said the number is no longer in service. Not sure if it’s related to what happened to u. I’ve been answering all calls since I read from someone here that they call private etc.

• Can anyone tell me how the schedule is for jfk. Is it 6 days on 2 days off? Does that mean you always hit overtime ?

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, you never work more than 5 days in a given week since your days of rotate (Mon, Tue then Tue, Wed etc). I work 6 on, 2 off at my Port currently.

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m
        Going to EOD @JFK in the spring so I asked someone who
        Is working there now and they just switched to 5 on two off and 4 on three off. 9 hour shifts

• Has anyone recently negotiated location, VRA applicant, in the Midwest? Been following thread for a while so familiar with the basic "agency needs" etc. Do not see much on this thread about people negotiating for aforementioned region, let alone specific ports... Apart from critically manned locations like Grand Portage, Pembina etc. Are other ports ever offered?

Appreciate any insight. Been in the process for about 17 months roughly and it's getting close to the end (knock on wood). Drug test is last step.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        how long from when your Bi submitted to go green?

• Justin354
        Justin354 commented
        Editing a comment
        About 1 week after follow up with BI. With a week in between initial and follow up interviews

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did It take for bi to clear?

• Justin354
        Justin354 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I resubmitted E-Qip late September (expired), cleared early November. The biggest setback was medical forgetting to email me reciprocity forms...8 months later I reached a human (lol) contracter who squared away an appointment

• Just finished my SI and not sure how I did, some of my friends knew they passed right away and got fingerprinted right away. If they didn’t say take my fingerprints does it mean I failed ?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually you will receive NOR the next day Gs5183, I took SI on Fri, and received NOR on Sat. Also, they could take your finger prints there but sometimes they have technical issues, personnel issue and couldn't get your prints , they will send you a package so you can go to local PD and have it done there and send it back to them.
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-13-2018, 12:20 PM.

• Gs5183
        Gs5183 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP thanks, did you do fingerprints same day?

• Gs5183
        Gs5183 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 thank you

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Gs5183 yes, got fingers prints same day, but a couple of my friends had to do it at local PD

• Anyone know what the usual wait time is from TSU to the call? Hit TSU this past thursday.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your wait time from when your BI submitted your background to hit TSU?

• Eme1357
        Eme1357 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mid august my bi submitted it and it clearead about two weeks ago

• Eme1357
        Eme1357 commented
        Editing a comment
        Then about a week for tsu

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow thats good, thanks for the input, you are almost there!

• EOD 11/26. SWB, Offer came this morning. FLETC tbd.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!

• Reyes3058
        Reyes3058 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get the final email? I’m waiting for mine, I have the same eod.

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats! what port did u choose? im eading a lot if recent offerc with eod in a couple of weeks, when i recieved my offer they gave me an eod in 5 months

• Hello everyone
      FYI this is the number when you get the call

Comment

• Tluv123
        Tluv123 commented
        Editing a comment
        But if u miss the call or want to call them back it says not in service

• Moloaay
        Moloaay commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that is right
        If you want to call them back you should call 9528572917 and leave a voicemail

• How long after re-submitting the EQIP was the wait for either additional info or notice that it accepted/cleared ? I re-certified my on 10/29, complete S.I and passed on 10/24.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        usually a few days after the deadline they gave you unless they find other problems that you need to fix again ( has happened to me a few times)

• BFASO
        BFASO commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it. Thank you. My deadline was on 11/3 and still have not heard anything.

• Does anyone here willing to share some insights on how credit scores can affect chances of landing a job with CBP (Border Patrol)?

I applied on 02/20/2018 for announcement BPA DH 18-5.
      I took my entrance exam and qualified for Gs-5 & 7 at 92% both
      passed my physical on the 2nd try (step test killed me the 1st time)
      passed my SI 06/07/2018
      passed my polygraph first time on 09/04/2018
      Eqip was accepted on first submission
      BI: pending
      Drug test: pending

I received an email last week from my investigator questioning my credit... help me out.

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was over 40k in debt when I got my job offer with CBP...

123456789 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't get me too excited bro.. lol raptor170
        Last edited by 123456789; 11-13-2018, 08:15 PM.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        123456789 Start disputing everything, that's what I did & haven't paid a dime. I cleared about 4-5k in debt from collections in about 6 months. All that's left is a medical bill of $800 & a cable bill of the same price. I disputed the cable bill as well but they want me to go to my local police to file fraud & I'm not willing to do so. I also went & got a secured card through my bank which upped my credit score by over 40 points in the first month.

123456789 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DP23

• So not entirely CBP related but I just thought I share this.

I looked at my mail and got a notice for jury duty...on the very first day of EOD/Pre Academy! Funny how things go sometimes.

Also, does anyone happen to know any good resources where people are going into FLETC around the same time as you? Wouldn’t mind trying to get to know some people before I head out
      17-10 CBPO
      08/03/17 - Applied
      08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
      08/22/17 - NOR
      09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
      09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
      10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
      10/17/17 - Medical Exam
      11/30/17 - SI
      12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
      05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
      06/15/18 - Polygraph
      7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
      7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
      7/20/18 - Met with BI
      08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
      11/04//18 - Background Cleared
      11/06/18 - Drug Test
      12/04/2018 EOD
      12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        you are already at one of the best resources, , usually people here share EOD/FLETC days and others chip in if the have the same dates, from there ya'll can contact each other .

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 Thank you

• I updated my post which was two pages back but I received my final offer email today. I will be in class 465 @ FLETC. If anyone is in the same class and in the NJ/NY area and would like to meet-up beforehand message me.
      EOD: 11/26 @ JFK
      FLETC: 12/10

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did it take for them to do your background?

• Lagune
        Lagune commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s up bro I’m class 463 JFK I’ll see you Monday the 26th the name is Genaro, it’s a great place everyone is pretty cool.

• Yes my credit is suck... about 15k in debt omi300

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Be prepared to explain each debt/charge-offs if any, and what you are doing or plan to do about them.

123456789 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright man

• omi300yes my credit is bad... about 15k in debt

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        double post.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dp23 same thing with me. $800 but electric. I moved out of my apartment in 2014 and electric company kept charging me. I told them electric was suppose to be disconnected. Told the investigator and he said that is fraud. They were running electricity under my name. They are still trying to collect.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 Sorry for the late reply & I had one of them as well for $1200. I moved out in August but was still being billed to December. I actually set up a payment arrangement but first I asked they adjust the bill since I had moved out. About a week of back & forth between the leasing office, light place & over the phone with the collection agency they removed the entire balance from my credit after I emailed them copies of a new address during that timeframe. Try that & see if it works in your favor especially if you have another lease at a new address.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9858 users online. 472 members and 9386 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X