Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied and got referred for GS-09! Hopefully it doesn't set my timeline back since I already have GS-7 one in the works.
    Last edited by mudboned ; 11-08-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Really? I applied for the gs9 one tho said negotiable

Comment

• Updates on my timeline:

CBPO 17-10 GS-9
        08/14/17: Applied
        09/07/17: TSL
        09/15/17: EQIP Submitted
        09/28/17: Fitenss
        09/29/17: Medical
        10/02/17: Fitness Cleared
        10/10/17: Medical Cleared
        11/16/17: Eqip released to OPR
        03/19/18: SI
        03/21/18: SI Passed
        05/24/18: Polygraph (Valley Stream, NY) Inconclusive
        06/08/18: Polygraph (Washington, DC) Inconclusive
        06/27/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        08/01/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        09/11/18: Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Verbal Pass
        09/12/18 : Polygraph passed on Cass
        10/04/18 : Eqip re-certified
        11/13/18: Meeting with BI

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang 5 polys man, that's crazy lol! I don't even understand how a poly can be "inconclusive"

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          eikichi10 can you tell me when was you Eqip released to OPR from the time you re-certified it on 10/4? just trying to get an idea of the timeline, i re-certified a few days ago and it was sent to OPR on the 10/29. hopefully BI will be calling me soon.
          Last edited by raudy06; 11-09-2018, 09:42 AM.

• Bam9911
          Bam9911 commented
          Editing a comment
          eikichi10 wow five polys. Did you have the same examiner in Newark? I believe I am going to have to take another.

Congrats on getting the pass!

• Jfd the p2000 is not considered a full size firearm. It is compact. They are pretty easy to conceal if that is what your looking to do. I conceal a full size with no issues.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          The p320 is nice. Once they fixed all the issues it became a well design and reliable pistol.

• Originally posted by eikichi10 View Post
        Updates on my timeline:

CBPO 17-10 GS-9
        08/14/17: Applied
        09/07/17: TSL
        09/15/17: EQIP Submitted
        09/28/17: Fitenss
        09/29/17: Medical
        10/02/17: Fitness Cleared
        10/10/17: Medical Cleared
        11/16/17: Eqip released to OPR
        03/19/18: SI
        03/21/18: SI Passed
        05/24/18: Polygraph (Valley Stream, NY) Inconclusive
        06/08/18: Polygraph (Washington, DC) Inconclusive
        06/27/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        08/01/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        09/11/18: Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Verbal Pass
        09/12/18 : Polygraph passed on Cass
        10/04/18 : Eqip re-certified
        11/13/18: Meeting with BI

Is it possible to ask for a polygraph in Valley Stream instead of Newark? It would be much more convenient for me if so. Or do they just give you the date and place, unchangeable?

Comment

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          they usually schedule the polygraph near where you are, but you can also ask for other location

• Just curious if anyone has the same EOD & FLETC dates as me.
        EOD: November 26th, 2018 - December 7th, 2018 @ JFK
        FLETC: December 10th, 2018 - April 19th 2019

Update: I received my final offer email today, I'll be in class 465 @ FLETC.
        Last edited by Eagle91; 11-13-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Reyes3058
          Reyes3058 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the same dates at you. My eod is at LAX. Still waiting for the final offer email have you received yours?
          Last edited by Reyes3058; 11-09-2018, 01:13 AM.

• Eagle91
          Eagle91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Reyes3058 Haven't received my final offer email either, should be getting it sometime next week.

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I’ll be in the class after you, but I’m seeing y’all haven’t received your final offer emails either. I eod 11/27 to Laredo and fletc 12/12

• Eagle91
          Eagle91 commented
          Editing a comment
          vik2500 Yeah I was told the final offer email will come two weeks before the given EOD date, so hopefully it comes some time next week.

• I got my TO today, so far so good.

CBPO 19-1 GS-7

Applied- 10/30/18
        Exam- 11/01/18
        NoR- 11/05/18
        TO- 11/09/18

Comment

• Coming up on 3 months since my SI and still no news about my polygraph. Time is flying so I’m not worried. Feels like I just had my SI last month.
          CBPO 18-11
          Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
          5/04/18: Exam
          5/09/18: NOR
          6/29/18: Fitness Test
          6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
          7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
          7/05/18: Medical Cleared
          7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
          8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
          8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
          8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
          8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints

Polygraph: Pending
          Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• vik2500
            vik2500 commented
            Editing a comment
            i hear ya, time is flying. I feel like I just quit my job but it’s been 6 weeks already & im still not sure if I’m ready for the academy. I hope you get the call to schedule soon

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha I feel ya bro, I'm at 5+ months since my SI and still haven't heard a peep on my poly lol.

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            My timeline is pretty much the same as yours bro, still waiting on my polly too, I’m in the North East.

• SimpleLifeCA
            SimpleLifeCA commented
            Editing a comment
            Took my SI on 8/22/18, same here waiting...

• Well everyone, it finally came! I got the call yesterday for the CBPO position!

I took the 24 hours to make a choice. I tried calling them twice earlier but I had to leave a voice message.

I was given two EOD options. One for December 4th or April 22. I am going to take the December EOD.

Heres the locations I was offered: they asked me if I was interested in going to a mission critical area in AZ, which I said I was really hoping to stick to the east coast.

I was offered Champlain, NY. Holton, ME. Derby Line and Norton, VT. Miami and Fort Lauderdale, FL and Dulles, VA.

Once they call me back today or I get a hold of them today, I will be choosing Fort Lauderdale as my location.

I’m hoping to hear from them really soon today!

Thank you to everyone on this forum. It was good to find a place where people are going through the same motions as me. That really helped me a lot.
          17-10 CBPO
          08/03/17 - Applied
          08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
          08/22/17 - NOR
          09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
          09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
          10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
          10/17/17 - Medical Exam
          11/30/17 - SI
          12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
          05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
          06/15/18 - Polygraph
          7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
          7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
          7/20/18 - Met with BI
          08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
          11/04//18 - Background Cleared
          11/06/18 - Drug Test
          12/04/2018 EOD
          12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations! Thanks for the info. Good luck!

• AlexTejada23
            AlexTejada23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!!!!! I'll see ya in Fletc in late February! I EOD 2/12 then Fletc 2/28; picked Dulles!

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            AlexTejada23 congratulations to you! I was debating between Fort Laduderdale and Dulles myself. If you want to know someone before you head to FLETC, feel free to message me. I’m trying to get know people before I head over there myself.

Good luck to you with your career
            Last edited by goknights; 11-12-2018, 02:43 PM.

• D.Brown
            D.Brown commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats man!! I see one of those locations that Ive been eyeing since I applied back in November of 2017. Miami-Ft Lauderdale. Im currently at the BI stage for both GS9 Border Patrol and CBPO but I think my deciding factor between them is if i get offered Miami or FT Lauderdale. Im from Miami but moved to ATL for LEO position. I travel back so much its like i still live there. So im definitely looking to get back to the beaches lol! Good luck and make the most of it! My process has been stalled for about 4 months when they requested additional info for medical. before that I was flying through the process (a little hope for those who get requested additional med info, mine took 4 months). After that I was schedule for poly withing two weeks. Had a bad *** examiner who reminded me of John Wick! he was very cool and respectful, and although I have not failed any poly before, he made the setting relaxed and comfortable (especially after all the stories I've read on the Poly). took that early October, lasted about 4 hours and he let me know i passed. Background Investigation began October 20ish. Last I heard from my background investigator was a text for good luck a week after he met all my LEO co workers. So hopefully I hear something real soon because we all know once they come to your job to interview the co workers, every one gets to staring at you for leaving, Cant get days off for vacation, etc.

Im just patiently waiting lol. But goknights, you were offered and picked a great location!and get ready to make some great money!
            Last edited by D.Brown; 11-14-2018, 08:34 AM.

• I appreciate everyone’s congratulations. I wish all
          of you as much luck through your process as possible.

I guess they decided to give more than 24 hours to think more about my choice because I never got a call to confirm where I want to go. Trust me, I tried calling them at least 10 times today and nada.

Not going to lie, I’m irritated they didn’t call
          me today but hey, it’s really not a bad problem
          to have and I’m sure I will hear from them early next week.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
          17-10 CBPO
          08/03/17 - Applied
          08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
          08/22/17 - NOR
          09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
          09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
          10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
          10/17/17 - Medical Exam
          11/30/17 - SI
          12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
          05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
          06/15/18 - Polygraph
          7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
          7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
          7/20/18 - Met with BI
          08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
          11/04//18 - Background Cleared
          11/06/18 - Drug Test
          12/04/2018 EOD
          12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• jayeski3
            jayeski3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats brother!

• Nycguy718
            Nycguy718 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! Are you class 465?

• Eme1357
            Eme1357 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal, i dont remember the announcement number but my application's date was October 17. A little different as im already a fed employee.

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            Nycguy718 I wasn’t given a class number over the phone. I was just told I should get an email giving me more details two weeks before my EOD

• Well, today I was sitting at a local agency awaiting my polygraph, when I got my my “unfavorable” email result for my BP polygraph, 10 minutes later walked in to take my poly and walked out with passing results. Don’t mean to be negative just because I failed BP poly...but the examiner who just did my poly today retired from BP as a poly examiner and spoke really negative on how BP polys are done...that’s the only reason why he retired from doing polygraphs with the agency... I will be reapplying in 2 years hopefully by then I’ll be eligible for G7. Goodluck to those still in the process and congrats to those who made it through this turtle walk.

Comment

• vik2500
            vik2500 commented
            Editing a comment
            Best of luck on this new adventure! In two years you should be eligible for the gs-7!

• Bam9911
            Bam9911 commented
            Editing a comment
            Message Deleted.
            Last edited by Bam9911; 11-11-2018, 12:18 AM.

• Today was my Polygraph exam and it took 5 hours.. I was told verbally that I passed..

18-6

Applied-03/30/18
          Exam-4/3/2018
          NOR-4/12/18
          Tentative Selection Letter-4/20/18
          Eqip Rejected-5/2/18
          Medical-5/3/18
          PFFT-5/3/18
          Eqip NOR to OPR-5/4/18
          PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
          Medical Passed- 5/19/18
          SI-6/14/2018
          SI Passed-6/15/2018
          Polygraph scheduled for-11/9/18
          Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18

CASS APP-50%

Poly-Pending
          BI-In Progress
          Drug-In Progress
          Final Offer-Pending

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
            CBPO.BPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! I don't think it is as bad as people picture it here, it is long and mentally tiring as there is nothing fun of one person just asking you questions for hours.... but as long as you stick to telling the truth, I'm sure you will be fine and specially if as you stated you've never done anything wrong but again stick to the truth. I took mine in Palm Gardens which is about an hour and a half from home (Miami).

• logan94
            logan94 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man!

18-4 from Miami. 6 months after SI and I’ve heard nothing on poly scheduling. Are you applying for BP, OFO, or both?

• CBPO.BPJ
            CBPO.BPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sorry to hear that, just hang in there, and I applied for OFO only..

• Bam9911
            Bam9911 commented
            Editing a comment
            Message deleted
            Last edited by Bam9911; 11-11-2018, 12:19 AM.

• 18-3 and still no Poly appointment haha. Going on almost a year with this overall process, unreal.

Comment

• txm44
            txm44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup I’m same, right there with you.

• jayeski3
            jayeski3 commented
            Editing a comment
            18-3 here........ almost a year myself. Lucky enough to get poly done but been a slow crawl since meeting with the BI. Hang in there bro

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            RJ_Jersey man i have been wondering were you were. did you clear medical? i finally was contacted by my BI 2 months after my poly, im meeting with him today 11/12/18. wish me luck. oh and 18-3 here too.

• Does anyone have any personal knowledge of the work/family life on the SWB? I’m starting to gain interest in that 33% incentive they are offering but don’t want to sacrifice my family for it. Whoever has some knowledge, please share with me.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m DH so I’ll be going to the SWB no matter what, I’m still going to try and get a larger city like El Paso over one of the places with a big incentive though. The issue is, the incentive is only for 3 years, but I’ve heard transferring out of some of the super remote border regions can take 5-10 years. I just can’t imagine being trapped in the middle of nowhere for a decade. Even with the extra cash. Having access to good medical care/schools/arts and entertainment etc. is probably better in the long run.

• Tluv123
            Tluv123 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would also like some advice about the swb im planning to go to calexico ca if anything. Hopefully can transfer out sooner than later i already have time with the feds. Also what is the incentive exactly?

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            N.N. If that hold true I will not go down there. I couldn’t do 5-10 years down there.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Arizona has good education depending on where you go. Tucson is over by Nogales. There is education, medical, a rich social and night life, restaraunts, bars and so much more. Look at Rio Rico. There is a lot that Arizona offers. El Paso is nice as well. But getting that area is a far cry as it is not offered. Yes Arizona offers a 3 year incentive but that is also 3 years pulling in the ranks as well. El Paso has no incentives, cost of living pay is also low. My choices personally is Nogales, then el Paso. I just feel az offers so much more. If you want night life you got it. You want outdoor life you got it. Just my personal opinion. It is all research and you don't have to live in the port you work.

• Just curious, has anyone ever reached out to the “IACADScheduling” email address for poly questions and ever actually gotten a response? It’s the go-to recommendation from recruiters and MHC to get in touch with the poly division regarding questions, but it seems like it may be an un-monitored email. I’ve sent them several specific questions over the past few months and not once have I gotten a reply.

Comment

• Nycguy718
            Nycguy718 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent them a email about when I can get called for the poly. Idk if it was coincidence but a few days later I got the call to schedule it. They never emailed me back. I only received a call.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8970 users online. 296 members and 8674 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X