Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the call today, but like I thought it was for the BPA position. I ended up declining the offer. The person told me on the phone that they were going to let a co worker know that I want the offer as a CBPO. They also told me they don’t know when they would call with a offer but they guessed it would be probably sometime this week!

I can’t believe I denied a federal law enforcement career. However, I know it’s going to be worth it in the end for the CBPO position. Definitely made it seem like they will be giving me a call.

What is that they say? If you love something enough, let it go and set it free. If it was meant to be, it will come back
    Last edited by goknights; 11-07-2018, 03:02 PM.
    17-10 CBPO
    08/03/17 - Applied
    08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
    08/22/17 - NOR
    09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
    09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
    10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
    10/17/17 - Medical Exam
    11/30/17 - SI
    12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
    05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
    06/15/18 - Polygraph
    7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
    7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
    7/20/18 - Met with BI
    08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
    11/04//18 - Background Cleared
    11/06/18 - Drug Test
    12/04/2018 EOD
    12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      vik2500 a few months later huh? Well, I hope it’s a little quicker for me than that. I applied to a regular announcement, no direct hire or VRA

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      goknights , Yes, but I think it was because 1.) he was already at the acadmey for BP and 2.) it was a application for directly Hawaii and there wasn’t a big demand at the time for that area.
      I hope you get the call this week!

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      goknights Disregard my comment under your last posting, I thought CBPO always calls first but in your case BP did. It'll come soon for you, best of luck.

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 I appreciate the words of confidence, it makes me feel good.

Just Incase anyone was wondering, the BPA application is longer showing on the CASS app but the CBPO application is still there

• Anyone know if BI wanting to speak on the phone after wrap up of field investigation a good or bad thing?

Comment

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine called me a few days after he told me he was submitting my packet. OPR had asked him what was the reasoning of my failed polygraph in 2015, I explained/gave him details and that was the last time I heard from him. He said he would submit that info and it was up to OPR after that. They may just need some final details, my background still hasn’t cleared but i eod on the 27th, praying it clears by graduation/ clears in general

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      vik2500 10-22. It was for minor details. No biggie.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      did you ever meet in person? vik2500

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 , yes we met at my job and he was there about 2 hours, he met with me and two co-workers that days then he went again to met with 2 more people & then called me a few days after that to clarify stuff.

• Does anyone know what constitutes not meeting the criteria for provisional clearance. I'm still trying to figure out why one would not qualify for it. I was told I had to wait for my background to clear.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe that is what it was. Some things on my credit. Been taking care of that. I know a few things on my credit were do to my wife which was explained. I guess we will just wait and see. I also explained that I was the only source of income as well.

Douglas, did you have to explain that to the investigator or opm? I discussed that all with the investigator and at the end he said none of that should be an issue as it e all explained and he noted that. I hope it doesn't become an issue

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll just sit back and wait. It is all I can do. I'm still at 63% been that way for 4 months now. None the least it is frustrating. All in all my background was pretty clean. No major issues. When I met the investigator I clarified everything and that was over 2 months ago since my file was submitted. Never been contacted again by my investigator. I did reach out to him and he said he has not been contacted for additional information. Just have to wait and see.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal,

I'd say in all likelihood one of two things happened in your case...

A. Something associated to your initial background pinged and the agency wants to look deeper into whatever they might have found.

B. For whatever reason(s), the agency had no need to issue you a provisional clearance...and so, they didn't.

A bit of advice, you need to stop fixating on the minutiae. This agency will drive you bonkers if you continue to believe that every decision, every experience has a clear answer or explanation attached to it somewhere. Often, when you can see no reasons it's because they are no reasons.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Merlin:

I totally understand and yes there I no rhyme of reason here. You can never get a clear answer. I thank you for all the advice you give me and everyone else. Honestly without your insight I think a lot of us would be lost.

Won't lie it is frustrating seeing I'm getting close to 15 months. This is important to me and my family and we are kind of stalemate because our current jobs are not that great and we are ready to move . Sometimes I get over anxious and just want it to be over and have that closer that I am finally done. I'm sure everything will be fine. But yes it is eating me up inside. Hopes to hearing soon. Thank you again for clarifying.

• Anyone has issued submitting encrypted PDF college transcript for GS7? USAStaffing site would not let me submit the e-transcript I got from college because they said its encrypted. I guess its encrypted so no info could be change and they would be able to verify it easier.
    I called the issuer but they would not provide me password to unlock the transcript. When I opened the PDF file, I don't have to use password or anything so I don't know what so encrypted about it... I tried to print it and scan it back in, but it would show "PRINTED COPY" on the pages, is it ok to submit like that?
    I was only offered GS5 with 19-1 announcement because my transcript had missing info. They would not correct it and I have to reapply. I don't want to get screwed again. Thanks
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 11-08-2018, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      just get a physical and upload. i thought the same when they told me to submit it but the instructions say not to mail it so the only way is to upload the original. mines were accepted.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all, I emailed CBP HR last night and got a respond from them. They said I could print out, scan and submit. I will have to resubmit an official transcript at end of process anyway. micdrop451 blackraiin

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah.. Just upload the printed copy.. Mine has the unofficial watermark all over it.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP exactly. An unofficial one will be sufficient for now.

• Question for disabled vets....the additional medical forms that I have received are requesting my VA Disability rating percentage, my conditions, what the doctors determined and if service connected or not. I understand there is a form on E-benefits that matches that description. However, that form does not included my disabilities but states that I am a certain percentage and that I am receiving X amount of money per month. Do I have to go by the VA center to get exactly what they need or will the forms from E-benefits be sufficient?

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, go to what ever organization you are affiliated with, like mines was veterans of foreign wars, they printed out the descriptions of ur ratings, and i seen my doctors for my depression and vertigo sign off. No problem there, i told them what job i was doing and he wrote clear for law enforcement with a weapon

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hou33guy that is awesome. I’m with DAV. So contact DAV, tell them what I need and they will get what I need then do I contact a doctors office to have them sign off for me or can DAV do that as well?

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Depending on what all they asking for signatures, some only a doc can sign off on

• So finished the hiring process, got the call today. I was offered EOD of 11/26th but i declined it. Im in the process for an 1811 job so i pushed my date back since im most likley going to get that agent offer. Only location i wanted was Dulles so informed the gentleman im not interested in anything else.

this was my process 18-3

Applied: 12/26/2017
    NOR: 1/2/2018
    Medical: 1/10/2018
    EQIP: 1/14/2018
    Fitness Test: 2/15/2018
    EQIP #2: 2/20/2018
    Eqip released to QA: 2/26/2018
    Structured Interview: 4/2/2018
    Polygraph: 6/2/2018
    Background sent for review: 7/9/2018
    Background Interview: 8/1/2018
    background Adjudicated: 11/3/2018
    Drug Test: 11/6/2018
    EOD: 4/29/2019

Comment

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait.. offered EOD 11/26? Like this month? Dang. I’m 18-2 and met with my BI on 8/10. Still no word

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the call! Just curious, around what time did they call you?

• crediblethreat
      crediblethreat commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes this month in like 2.5 weeks lol, they called me in the morning around 10. I opted for non provisional employment and I had my clearance from another leo agency, that must have something to do with it.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      i was just gonna ask if you had done provisional, but then i saw you also got adjudicated right away so i was like what?

• What happens after tsu emails you?

Comment

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      Just sit and wait until they call u with an offer

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      Basically you sign and submit the Declaration for Federal Employment and from that point you sit and wait for the call with your final offer. Pending you've already completed such as SI, BI, and Drug Test.

• Also who else is on list dh 18-7?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      All of Swb. Tx, nm, az and cali.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a prior DH 18-7. I turned it down though.

• So on Saturday it will be 2 months since i passed my polygraph but i have not been contacted by any BI yet, I do have to say i received an email to re-certify my Eqip that said it was a "pre-field investigation Eqip re-certification" and I completed it and submitted on time, so i figured after that I will be contacted shortly after that..
    I received another email to re-certify again and I completed and submitted again, and Equip was submitted again to OPR on 10/29/18.

My question is, has anyone re-certified equip prior to BI field investigation ? and if so, how long it took for your BI to contact you? just trying to get an idea.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Once you recertify your equip your background begins. Once an investigator gets a hold of your file they have 45 days to complete and submit.

My investigator contacted me at the end and submitted next.

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to recertify my equip before I met my investigator. I think it took a week or two before I was contacted my the background investigator

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you guys Hal29 goknights

• Applied and got referred for GS-09! Hopefully it doesn't set my timeline back since I already have GS-7 one in the works.
    Last edited by mudboned ; 11-08-2018, 03:01 PM.
    CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
    9/20/2018 Written Exam
    10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
    10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
    10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
    10/24/2018 Medical Exam
    11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
    11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
    11/13/2018 SI
    11/14/2018 Passed SI
    11/26/2018 PFT
    11/28/2018 Passed PFT
    3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
    4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• Really? I applied for the gs9 one tho said negotiable

Comment

• Updates on my timeline:

CBPO 17-10 GS-9
        08/14/17: Applied
        09/07/17: TSL
        09/15/17: EQIP Submitted
        09/28/17: Fitenss
        09/29/17: Medical
        10/02/17: Fitness Cleared
        10/10/17: Medical Cleared
        11/16/17: Eqip released to OPR
        03/19/18: SI
        03/21/18: SI Passed
        05/24/18: Polygraph (Valley Stream, NY) Inconclusive
        06/08/18: Polygraph (Washington, DC) Inconclusive
        06/27/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        08/01/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        09/11/18: Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Verbal Pass
        09/12/18 : Polygraph passed on Cass
        10/04/18 : Eqip re-certified
        11/13/18: Meeting with BI

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang 5 polys man, that's crazy lol! I don't even understand how a poly can be "inconclusive"

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          eikichi10 can you tell me when was you Eqip released to OPR from the time you re-certified it on 10/4? just trying to get an idea of the timeline, i re-certified a few days ago and it was sent to OPR on the 10/29. hopefully BI will be calling me soon.
          Last edited by raudy06; 11-09-2018, 08:42 AM.

• Bam9911
          Bam9911 commented
          Editing a comment
          eikichi10 wow five polys. Did you have the same examiner in Newark? I believe I am going to have to take another.

Congrats on getting the pass!

• Jfd the p2000 is not considered a full size firearm. It is compact. They are pretty easy to conceal if that is what your looking to do. I conceal a full size with no issues.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          The p320 is nice. Once they fixed all the issues it became a well design and reliable pistol.

• Originally posted by eikichi10 View Post
        Updates on my timeline:

CBPO 17-10 GS-9
        08/14/17: Applied
        09/07/17: TSL
        09/15/17: EQIP Submitted
        09/28/17: Fitenss
        09/29/17: Medical
        10/02/17: Fitness Cleared
        10/10/17: Medical Cleared
        11/16/17: Eqip released to OPR
        03/19/18: SI
        03/21/18: SI Passed
        05/24/18: Polygraph (Valley Stream, NY) Inconclusive
        06/08/18: Polygraph (Washington, DC) Inconclusive
        06/27/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        08/01/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        09/11/18: Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Verbal Pass
        09/12/18 : Polygraph passed on Cass
        10/04/18 : Eqip re-certified
        11/13/18: Meeting with BI

Is it possible to ask for a polygraph in Valley Stream instead of Newark? It would be much more convenient for me if so. Or do they just give you the date and place, unchangeable?

Comment

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          they usually schedule the polygraph near where you are, but you can also ask for other location

• Just curious if anyone has the same EOD & FLETC dates as me.
        EOD: November 26th, 2018 - December 7th, 2018 @ JFK
        FLETC: December 10th, 2018 - April 19th 2019

Update: I received my final offer email today, I'll be in class 465 @ FLETC.
        Last edited by Eagle91; 11-13-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Reyes3058
          Reyes3058 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the same dates at you. My eod is at LAX. Still waiting for the final offer email have you received yours?
          Last edited by Reyes3058; 11-09-2018, 12:13 AM.

• Eagle91
          Eagle91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Reyes3058 Haven't received my final offer email either, should be getting it sometime next week.

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I’ll be in the class after you, but I’m seeing y’all haven’t received your final offer emails either. I eod 11/27 to Laredo and fletc 12/12

• Eagle91
          Eagle91 commented
          Editing a comment
          vik2500 Yeah I was told the final offer email will come two weeks before the given EOD date, so hopefully it comes some time next week.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5704 users online. 289 members and 5415 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X