Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it usual to have a different poly examiner on the 2nd interview?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is common

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      LOLLI where and when did you take your first poly? How was the experience overall?

• LOLLI
      LOLLI commented
      Editing a comment
      JFK, last month. My first poly examiner was really nice and friendly, I would give 5 star, if i could. I know some examiners are aggressive and intimidating.

• 18-6 DH...I reapplied today for the GS9 negotiable post. I have work for the federal prison system for 3 years now. I've made it all the way to the BI and Drug test part. No intrest in the borders. I didnt know that's what the DH is for. Wondering how long it will take to transfer my previous paper work over to the GS9 post?

Comment

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish thanks again. I'm just gonna get back to family life and wait patiently and hit the gym. I didn't hear anything for all of October and I just focused elsewhere till times passed lol. Good luck to you and thanks as always.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I can understand that. There are places that I would much rather live than Swb. But the wife and I weighed the pros and cons and what is suited to our needs hobbies. We looked at things such as hobbies, economy, cost of living city vs country living and education. We are private people and we love the outdoors. Hike, camp, fish, hunt, horses. Those are things we enjoy. Then we looked at surrounding areas. We see that you don't have to live on the border just because you work on the border. We compared crime rates, housing prices. In other words we did our due diligence before deciding, weighed out the factors and our needs. Toughest part is family living so far away. Fortunately I am very close to my family and they figured they would visit often or even relocate to be closer to their son and granddaughter. So everyone in their own retrospect has to sit down, study their needs and what's best for them and their family. At least that is what I did. So all in all. Things workout for a reason.

Best of luck!

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wanted to give my input on this Situation. I am very similar. I applied for 18-3 and have everything finished up until the background and drug. I reapplied for 18-13 GS9 and everything transferred after 2-3 weeks in CASS as a New application. Both apps show 63%. Both are DH, I just new a new border location.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      dannyboy33...I hope mine transfers over that fast too. Just waiting now to get referred

• Is anyone having trouble with their Background Investigation? I've had my eQIP rejected twice over the span of 4 months? I've already finished the medical, fitness, and SI. I'm awaiting for my poly, but I believe my poly does not begin until the BI is approved for a "light" background investigation.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      My eQip got rejected a couple times for minor stuff (a couple times was even an error on HR's end) although it only took about a month until my file was released to OPR. 4 months does seem a bit lengthy... Have you tried reaching out directly to your case manager? Perhaps they can help.

• Has anyone gone through medical and SI without having done their PFT? From everyone's timeline, I see that the PFT is generally scheduled around the same time as medical and SI. I finished medical on 10/24 and I have my SI on 11/13, but I haven't had anyone reach out about the PFT.

However, when I applied for BPA a while ago, I sent in the BPA PFT Reciprocity from the Army and it was accepted. Could that have any impact on my PFT for CBPO?
    CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
    9/20/2018 Written Exam
    10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
    10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
    10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
    10/24/2018 Medical Exam
    11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
    11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
    11/13/2018 SI
    11/14/2018 Passed SI
    11/26/2018 PFT
    11/28/2018 Passed PFT
    3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
    4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      if they accepted youre PFT you will skip it. I had my paperwork already filled out from my COC and but they set mine up 2 days later so i took the PFT passed and they accepted that paperwork faster than my Reciprocity so overall i passed 2 times haha

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Hopefully it quickens the process lol.

• Tigersin, this job is a career latter position. The pay increases each year. So it maybe a pay cut now but a couple years down the road you may be making some serious dough.

Comment

• I waited 1.5 years and my EOD classmates waited 1 year and 2.5 years before their final letters. One fellow with the same EOD but a different class number claims he has invested longer into the process.

Stick with it. You will get there.

Comment

• Well folks, I received my email from TSU yesterday for both my BPA and CBPO application.

Here’s to hoping I receive a call for the CBPO position first. Me and my wife talked about the BP position for a while and we just don’t think it suits either of us anymore.

I can wait longer if I need to CBPO. Just hope it’s not much longer. I will for sure update when I receive the call and try to remember the locations offered to me.

Glad to see other people moving along besides me. Hang in there everyone!
        17-10 CBPO
        08/03/17 - Applied
        08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
        08/22/17 - NOR
        09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
        09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
        10/17/17 - Medical Exam
        11/30/17 - SI
        12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
        05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
        06/15/18 - Polygraph
        7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
        7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
        7/20/18 - Met with BI
        08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
        11/04//18 - Background Cleared
        11/06/18 - Drug Test
        12/04/2018 EOD
        12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 hang in there man, I know you, me and someone else has very similar timelines so it may be coming sooner than you think. I hope it does

vik2500 that’s really advice and I appreciate it. I will sure let the hiring center know my interest in the CBPO position and mention that I am good to be hired for that job. I hear what you mean about listening to BP locations but for me and my wife, it’s more than just about locations as to why we think we don’t want that position anymore. It’s just circumstances changed is all

N.N. Thanks buddy
          Last edited by goknights; 11-07-2018, 08:59 AM.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did your Cass update on bi without an email?

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          No email, it showed up clear on my CASS

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          goknights From what I've read on the Delphi forums CBPO position always calls first. I'll be reapplying to BP on the 15th & starting at the SI whereas I'm waiting on the poly with CBPO. Best of luck & congrats on everything.

• Originally posted by JCZ View Post
        New to the forums, been lurking for a while though. I'm 18-6 DH Tucson, AZ. 50% in CASS, waiting to here on Poly like most of you, been waiting 3 months already...glad to see its not just me though. Also, hello.

My timeline so far:

BPA DH 18-6.
        Applied: 03/20/2018.
        Entrance exam: 04/10/2018 NOR: 04/17/2018.
        EQIP: Submitted 05/04/2018 (rejected).
        Re submission: 05/08/2018, Released to OPR: 05/10/2018.
        Fitness Exam: Completed: 05/11/2018.
        Medical Exam: Completed: 05/11/2018.
        Structured Interview: 06/13/2018. NOR's: 06/15/2018.
        Polygraph: Pass: 10/25/2018.
        Background Investigation:In Progress.
        Drug:11/06/2018.
        Reffered to TSU: 11/06/2018: also filled out my OF-306 form and Re-certified my eqip.
        Fitness Exam 2: N/A.
        Final Offer:Pending.

Comment

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you given a verbal pass from the examiner that same day? Or did he give you the run around and said it was up to HQ? Took mine the same day and pending results.
          Last edited by Foxx310; 11-07-2018, 12:10 PM.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          You serious? How is everyone going through so quickly? I'm dh Arizona and I've been friggin waiting 14 months. Yeah beyond frustrated.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29- ya man it sucks im at the point to where they call me and say hey eod is May im goin to tell them push it back to July so i can get my bonus from work lol

• JCZ
          JCZ commented
          Editing a comment
          verbal pass, then updated in cass a few days later.

also DH for AZ sector.

• most recent update
        Last edited by JCZ; 11-07-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Douglas what announcement are you?

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cbpo vra gs-9 17-12

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bpa vra gl9 17-11

• Took my polygraph 10/04/18. I’m Still waiting to hear if I have to come back and retake it or not. He said I didn’t fail, but I might have to come back. That it depends on OPR. VRA 17-10
        Last edited by Joshwhity; 11-07-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here...not VRA though...sucks when they leave some of us with no straight answer

• Just got the request to get more medical evals completed due to being a DV. I feel like this process is going to slow down hardcore!

Comment

• Foxx310
          Foxx310 commented
          Editing a comment
          This depends on the further information needed...the more serious it is..the longer the wait...but since you applied under VRA, you might get pushed up front...I got cleared within 5 days only because it was my eye sight not being 20/20.

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          Foxx310 Good point. If you have done this already, can I get on e-benefits and screenshot everything they need? VA Disability claim info along with disabilities? Or do I have to go to a VA center to get copies of everything?

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          it will push back bro, Im VRA and they dont push anything faster. The only thing thats faster is if you got out of the military and it was a year.

my medical was 12/17-07-2018.

just hold tight and watch a long ride. The only thing that makes it faster is if you apply VRA-9 and skip the test and by that it shaves a few weeks.

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 Right on! Now I am trying to figure out what forms I need to send them!

• Hello everyone,
        I have been following this post long time and currently in 38% abyss. I just wanna share something I read today. Hopefully we can see some improvement on BI backlog
        At an event sponsored by INSA and NSI, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence Sue Gordon estimated that the more than 600,000 clearance backlog would be cut in half by this coming spring. We'll believe it when we see it.

Comment

• New member here, but I have been reading this post for a couple of weeks now. No military or law enforcement background just education.
          Announcement 18-12 @ 38% - From Arizona

Exam-Passed 9/12/18
          Tentative Selection 9/18/18 GS-7
          Medical- 9/26
          EQIP submitted- 10/2/18
          Fitness- 10/16/18
          SI 10/23/18 - passed on 10/24/18
          EQIP Rejected & resubmitted on 10/29/18
          BI-Pending
          Poly-Pending
          Drug-Pending
          Last edited by BFASO; 11-07-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Gh3isT
            Gh3isT commented
            Editing a comment
            BFASO welcome to the club. Fellow 18-12 here also.

• JB411
            JB411 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same 18-12. But From San Francisco. Exactly in the same spot as you.

• Gh3isT thank you. how far are you in the process?

Comment

• Gh3isT
            Gh3isT commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome. I'm at 38%. Still need medical to clear, poly, drug test, and BI.

• BFASO
            BFASO commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have a military background? Where did you choice to be stationed?

• Gh3isT
            Gh3isT commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I have military background. I have not chosen a location as of yet. My app is negotiable. However, I'm leaning towards SWB (laredo). I know a lot people dont want SWB, but I've been itching to move to Texas for a long time now. So makes sense to me...lol

• Gh3isT
            Gh3isT commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually have a former co-worker who will be graduating BP academy real soon, he'll be posted there afterwards, so figured I'd at least know someone there.

• Anyone know what CBP list of approved Off Duty firearms are? or are you provided and Off duty?

Comment

• JFD516
            JFD516 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im thinking they are going to the 320 next, I heard they want a 9mm, with a flared magwell, rmr capable, 4-8lb trigger. Sounds kinda nice. I usually just carry my glock 43 or 19 off duty as of now

• micdrop451
            micdrop451 commented
            Editing a comment
            JFD516 I'm a glock guy. I don't care what they issue me, I'll have my G43 or G26/27 off duty. It'd be nice if they issue us a 22 or 23 for duty as they're both .40 and that is the caliber that Feds like to use.

• JFD516
            JFD516 commented
            Editing a comment
            micdrop451 yea i feel the same, my job issues a Sig226 and its to much of a boat anchor to carry off duty so i just carry my personals which my job doesnt qualify me on. Most fed gigs are going away from the .40 bc they claim its "outdate" and the wonder 9mm is back. ID prefer a glock but id be happy with a smith or 320

• micdrop451
            micdrop451 commented
            Editing a comment
            JFD516 is that right? I always thought the feds were going to stick with the .40 after the FBI incident. The extra rounds in a 9mm would be nice. They should look into the 19x (in black) since glock lost the contract to sig for the DoD. I'd carry that bad boy on and off-duty anytime.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8805 users online. 226 members and 8579 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X