Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know where to find information regarding timelines, like when the PT test and medical and everything would expire? I’m wondering if some of these requirements might expire before I get the call.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe PFT is good thru the entire process, I think medical is good for a year but then you just need to sign some forms stating nothing has changed and you’re re-certified.

• Gh3isT
      Gh3isT commented
      Editing a comment
      Dont quote me, I'm sure someone may be more knowledgable than I am, I was under the impression it was good for 2 or 3 years.

• Originally posted by kli0211 View Post
    Does anyone know where to find information regarding timelines, like when the PT test and medical and everything would expire? I’m wondering if some of these requirements might expire before I get the call.
    I have taken the PFT1 twice being over 2 years in ... I was told by MHC that it expires after a year.

Medical = I have no idea BUT I’ve read that if when the time comes, you get to self certify that nothing bad/wrong has happened to the applicant since the initial medical review.

SI = no idea plus I’ve never read about anyone taking that twice after a successful interview.

Polygraph = This, I think is good for 2 years.

Comment

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 Yes I did ... 4+ months of waiting to see if I would get a polygraph waiver which got denied. Why all that time to get a yay or a nay really is beyond me. To this day I don't comprehend that.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So where are you in the process?

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      SI is 3 years unless the test change within that timeframe.

• blackraiin
      blackraiin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, waiting to get B.I. portion cleared. Reached out to a recruiter almost 3 weeks ago to do an inquiry to OPR regarding my BI to see what’s the possible hold up and the recruiter hasn’t done anything. This Friday makes 3 weeks since I made contact. Spoke to the recruiter twice as I don’t want to constantly call as I’m expecting that they have other work to do but on my last phone call I was told nothing had been done. I would think that if MHC just gives me a generic answer that maybe this person could do more but so far no further help or insight where I thought I’d possibly get it.

• So, are VRA apps just like Direct Hire apps, where I will be most likely forced into the SW Border? Should I apply for a regular position instead of the VRA position in that case?

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      35F negative. You will have a ton of options to choose from.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      With VRA they will actually call the port and request it. Unlike DH and Regular announcement they will only offer the locations they will give you over the call.

• My understanding VRA you can negotiate where you want to be posted at. Of course they offer what is needed first I believe, but again should have the option to negotiate. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Did anybody have SI as there first step in the hiring process?

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        People who are GS-9 I believe. I could be mistaken.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m gs9 and it was not my first step. Mine was medical

• Is the CBP VRA process faster? Especially to get polygraphed?

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied on 9/25 and took Poly on 10/19 along with SI. It seems quicker...

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        BPA is the only reason my packet is moving along.

• Is it usual to have a different poly examiner on the 2nd interview?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is common

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        LOLLI where and when did you take your first poly? How was the experience overall?

• LOLLI
        LOLLI commented
        Editing a comment
        JFK, last month. My first poly examiner was really nice and friendly, I would give 5 star, if i could. I know some examiners are aggressive and intimidating.

• 18-6 DH...I reapplied today for the GS9 negotiable post. I have work for the federal prison system for 3 years now. I've made it all the way to the BI and Drug test part. No intrest in the borders. I didnt know that's what the DH is for. Wondering how long it will take to transfer my previous paper work over to the GS9 post?

Comment

• TFS
        TFS commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish thanks again. I'm just gonna get back to family life and wait patiently and hit the gym. I didn't hear anything for all of October and I just focused elsewhere till times passed lol. Good luck to you and thanks as always.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I can understand that. There are places that I would much rather live than Swb. But the wife and I weighed the pros and cons and what is suited to our needs hobbies. We looked at things such as hobbies, economy, cost of living city vs country living and education. We are private people and we love the outdoors. Hike, camp, fish, hunt, horses. Those are things we enjoy. Then we looked at surrounding areas. We see that you don't have to live on the border just because you work on the border. We compared crime rates, housing prices. In other words we did our due diligence before deciding, weighed out the factors and our needs. Toughest part is family living so far away. Fortunately I am very close to my family and they figured they would visit often or even relocate to be closer to their son and granddaughter. So everyone in their own retrospect has to sit down, study their needs and what's best for them and their family. At least that is what I did. So all in all. Things workout for a reason.

Best of luck!

• dannyboy33
        dannyboy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wanted to give my input on this Situation. I am very similar. I applied for 18-3 and have everything finished up until the background and drug. I reapplied for 18-13 GS9 and everything transferred after 2-3 weeks in CASS as a New application. Both apps show 63%. Both are DH, I just new a new border location.

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        dannyboy33...I hope mine transfers over that fast too. Just waiting now to get referred

• Is anyone having trouble with their Background Investigation? I've had my eQIP rejected twice over the span of 4 months? I've already finished the medical, fitness, and SI. I'm awaiting for my poly, but I believe my poly does not begin until the BI is approved for a "light" background investigation.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        My eQip got rejected a couple times for minor stuff (a couple times was even an error on HR's end) although it only took about a month until my file was released to OPR. 4 months does seem a bit lengthy... Have you tried reaching out directly to your case manager? Perhaps they can help.

• Has anyone gone through medical and SI without having done their PFT? From everyone's timeline, I see that the PFT is generally scheduled around the same time as medical and SI. I finished medical on 10/24 and I have my SI on 11/13, but I haven't had anyone reach out about the PFT.

However, when I applied for BPA a while ago, I sent in the BPA PFT Reciprocity from the Army and it was accepted. Could that have any impact on my PFT for CBPO?
      CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
      9/20/2018 Written Exam
      10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
      10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
      10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
      10/24/2018 Medical Exam
      11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
      11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
      11/13/2018 SI
      11/14/2018 Passed SI
      11/26/2018 PFT
      11/28/2018 Passed PFT
      3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
      4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        if they accepted youre PFT you will skip it. I had my paperwork already filled out from my COC and but they set mine up 2 days later so i took the PFT passed and they accepted that paperwork faster than my Reciprocity so overall i passed 2 times haha

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Hopefully it quickens the process lol.

• Tigersin, this job is a career latter position. The pay increases each year. So it maybe a pay cut now but a couple years down the road you may be making some serious dough.

Comment

• I waited 1.5 years and my EOD classmates waited 1 year and 2.5 years before their final letters. One fellow with the same EOD but a different class number claims he has invested longer into the process.

Stick with it. You will get there.

Comment

• Well folks, I received my email from TSU yesterday for both my BPA and CBPO application.

Here’s to hoping I receive a call for the CBPO position first. Me and my wife talked about the BP position for a while and we just don’t think it suits either of us anymore.

I can wait longer if I need to CBPO. Just hope it’s not much longer. I will for sure update when I receive the call and try to remember the locations offered to me.

Glad to see other people moving along besides me. Hang in there everyone!
          17-10 CBPO
          08/03/17 - Applied
          08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
          08/22/17 - NOR
          09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
          09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
          10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
          10/17/17 - Medical Exam
          11/30/17 - SI
          12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
          05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
          06/15/18 - Polygraph
          7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
          7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
          7/20/18 - Met with BI
          08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
          11/04//18 - Background Cleared
          11/06/18 - Drug Test
          12/04/2018 EOD
          12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29 hang in there man, I know you, me and someone else has very similar timelines so it may be coming sooner than you think. I hope it does

vik2500 that’s really advice and I appreciate it. I will sure let the hiring center know my interest in the CBPO position and mention that I am good to be hired for that job. I hear what you mean about listening to BP locations but for me and my wife, it’s more than just about locations as to why we think we don’t want that position anymore. It’s just circumstances changed is all

N.N. Thanks buddy
            Last edited by goknights; 11-07-2018, 07:59 AM.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did your Cass update on bi without an email?

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            No email, it showed up clear on my CASS

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            goknights From what I've read on the Delphi forums CBPO position always calls first. I'll be reapplying to BP on the 15th & starting at the SI whereas I'm waiting on the poly with CBPO. Best of luck & congrats on everything.

• Originally posted by JCZ View Post
          New to the forums, been lurking for a while though. I'm 18-6 DH Tucson, AZ. 50% in CASS, waiting to here on Poly like most of you, been waiting 3 months already...glad to see its not just me though. Also, hello.

My timeline so far:

BPA DH 18-6.
          Applied: 03/20/2018.
          Entrance exam: 04/10/2018 NOR: 04/17/2018.
          EQIP: Submitted 05/04/2018 (rejected).
          Re submission: 05/08/2018, Released to OPR: 05/10/2018.
          Fitness Exam: Completed: 05/11/2018.
          Medical Exam: Completed: 05/11/2018.
          Structured Interview: 06/13/2018. NOR's: 06/15/2018.
          Polygraph: Pass: 10/25/2018.
          Background Investigation:In Progress.
          Drug:11/06/2018.
          Reffered to TSU: 11/06/2018: also filled out my OF-306 form and Re-certified my eqip.
          Fitness Exam 2: N/A.
          Final Offer:Pending.

Comment

• Foxx310
            Foxx310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Were you given a verbal pass from the examiner that same day? Or did he give you the run around and said it was up to HQ? Took mine the same day and pending results.
            Last edited by Foxx310; 11-07-2018, 11:10 AM.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            You serious? How is everyone going through so quickly? I'm dh Arizona and I've been friggin waiting 14 months. Yeah beyond frustrated.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29- ya man it sucks im at the point to where they call me and say hey eod is May im goin to tell them push it back to July so i can get my bonus from work lol

• JCZ
            JCZ commented
            Editing a comment
            verbal pass, then updated in cass a few days later.

also DH for AZ sector.

• most recent update
          Last edited by JCZ; 11-07-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Douglas what announcement are you?

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cbpo vra gs-9 17-12

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bpa vra gl9 17-11

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6084 users online. 209 members and 5875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X