Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From receiving email of having to do fingerprints to receiving the fingerprint cards, how long of a wait?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      For me it was 3 days, depends how close you live to Minneapolis

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      3 days, mailed them back after 3 more days and received an email that they had been received about 7 days after

• received a verbal pass on my poly yesterday, 9 hrs.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Where did you end up taking it? How was the experience overall?

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      9 hrs holy crap

• took in Washington DC. overall good experience...just follow instructions and be honest and you'll be fine.

Comment

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took mine in D.C as well! Completely agree with the following instructions portion. Mine was about 4 or so hours to complete the examination! Keep us posted!

• Just to clarify, for the two weeks at our home unit before leaving to FLETC is that something we have to pay for ourselves at an extended stay or it that going to paid for then returning back upon completion of FLETC then we its our on expense to relocate?. I EOD on 2/12 to Dulles, VA just wanted to see if anyone knew. Thanks.

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Vik2500, was Houston, Galveston, conroe, humble available

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hou33guy , no not for me. I applied 18-6 DH. As far as I know, those ports haven’t been offered. They offer whatever that was listed under what you applied for, for the most part. I know applicants have asked for specific ports and they may be able to offer them to you, I’m not really sure.

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      @vik2500: geez.. I wish I could find a rate like that. 17 days for an extended stay is literally costing me $1250 with a government rate in VA.

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi vik2500 I'm in job announcement 18-6 as well. Are you from the locations they are offering or from some other state? I'm from Miami but definitely ready to relocate..

• Kind of a random question. But when your background clears, does it just update on Cass? Do they email you? Or is it both?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      idk, just following the feed, would like to know as well

• Moloaay
      Moloaay commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t get any email it’ll just clear on Cass
      And they only email you when they need more information about something which is not a good thing.
      Iit’s a matter of time bro
      Be patient
      Good luck

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks. Just curious as that. That is all I'm waiting on and drug test.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it a bad sign of your not granted provisional? Just curious. They determined shortly after poly.

• So just curious, what wait times did everybody see between hitting 50% in CASS, and getting contacted to schedule their poly? It’s been about 5 months since passing my SI, but just finally got medical clearance today and hit 50%. Hoping to maybe get a call for the poly before the holidays, although I know that may be a bit quick. Thanks!

Comment

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it was about 2-3 weeks for me

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      4 months and 7 days from SI to Poly day.

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am very glad to hear that your medical FINALLY got cleared. I'm near ATL, went 50% clearing medical around mid August after doing the SI in mid July...still no call for the poly.

• TFS
      TFS commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, I know it's been a long time for you.

• 5 month here.

Comment

• i know the pay & retirement is not considered law enforcement but will we have law enforcement credentials? with my current federal law enforcement credentials I purchased a glock. will I have to get a permit now or can I carry with my credentials?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        boconnor I was going to ask if a personal firearm is allowed under LEOSA or duty fire arm only. Thanks for the answer.

Just curious, how does a retire CBPO obtain a LEOSA ID? Through DHS?

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        @1ridgerunner7.

I think you'd look at this post

https://forum.officer.com/forum/offi...d-card-wording

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        When i was an MP in the Army we were cleared to carry off post using LEOSA. However you have to carry you're credentials. Since in the military we didn't really have credentials, however most of us had Military Police badges and our unit made an Pistol qual cert for us to carry with. When i went to court and other places I would displayed my badge and military i.d. I was allowed to go everywhere. You dont have to get a CHL or LTC after already being credentialed

• SUAZO
        SUAZO commented
        Editing a comment

• A heads up please answer your private calls too. Opm been calling me like 3 to4 weeks, i dont answeres them kind of calls, luckily they call my home number and mom answered it and call me to answer private call is cbpr. My medical still isnt cleared but they starting on on my background, and wanted to know why i had a general under honorable discharge
      Last edited by Hou33guy; 10-29-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        They left no messages, and yes the caller id said private number

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasnt answering private calls cause i broke up with a woman at the end of September and blocked her number so i thought it may have been her calling lmao

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg. I’ve been getting a call for the past 2 weeks. But didn’t answer because on my I phone it says SCAM LIKELY ! I wonder if that was them. I will start answering now. They don’t leave voicemails

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup and had to turn off my robo call app to

• What do adjudication of my background investigation process means

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        All CBP Officers are vetted for a TS clearance.

Actually having an active clearance as a CBPO requires working job duties where having such a clearance is necessary and warranted.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        I did have a clearance when i was a air traffic controller in the navy, cant remember it it was secret or top secret, that was 10 yrs ago

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hou33guy if you weren't polygraphed and had an SSBI done 10 years ago, which is basically a "lifestyle" clearance needed for a TS, you most likely never had it. OPM and DoD have very similar criteria for their TS clearance. That's why if you hold an active one from the military, it will potentially waive your poly and expedite your BI for BP. As CBPO or BP, you will hold a clearance which is equivalent to the TS. That is what the BI is for.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok then it must have been a secret clearance i had, cause i was fresh out of high school when i joined the navy and didnt do a polygraph

• Question,
      If you made a mistake on your Eqip or assessment, (minor issue, just forgot that it happened 10 years ago and checked no..instead of yes...not even sure if they recorded this incident, bought $50 of cold flu medicine from foreign country for my mom, and forgot to declare it on Custom form, they verified it was cold flu med but confiscated and destroyed it later)
      how do you correct it? Or just wait until you meet up with BI and tell them? or even worth telling them?
      Thanks

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Tony, I told my both Poly Examiner and BI about something I forgot to put down in my EQIP. It wasn't anything major but it kept bugging me and I did talked to my case manager and she told me to let the Poly examiner know when you get there. So I told him know and he just smiled and said thanks for being honest and he wrote it down and asked if I have anything else that I want to get it out. When we were done he told me to tell my BI as well.

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks d2ep N.N. Foxx310 , I was thinking I would tell the examiner and BI too... just small thing but it keeps bugging me and I don't want them to fail me for that .... better honest... it was not charged of any crime or anything....

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesn’t matter if it was put on your record or not, if it’s in your mind you let them know, even if you think it’s “dumb” or not important...trust me I’m telling you this from experience...

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Foxx310 roger that man

• For those that are interested. Just keeping you guys updated

Received my Tentative Selection for Customs and Border Protection Officer 19-1 after turning down my DH 18-7 offer and reapplying to the CBPO 19-1 and re-taking the exam.

I'll let you guys know how long it takes for everything to transfer over.
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        SUAZO cool. What are you waiting on now?

• SUAZO
        SUAZO commented
        Editing a comment
        Polly and background to be completed

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        SUAZO cool.. i hope you get scheduled soon.

• SUAZO
        SUAZO commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here ! Thanks. Best of luck to you

Last edited by N.N.; 02-16-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        I lived in TN for most of my application process. Did SI in Memphis. I did not have any close cities for poly. I think it was South Carolina, Texas, Chicago that were in the 8 to 11 hr drive range from my area then. When I redid my application for 18-13, the options were the same. I always chose Chicago for the poly bc I live here now and when I was in the South, it was the least amount of distance compared to other cities offered for the poly.

• Any1 here eod date 04/15/19 Jfk?

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 lol. I cant miss my own wedding.. i hope they offer me the same dates as before which was EOD Feb 22 and Academy dates March 9th to July 15.. which would leave me four days for my wedding.

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was the original date they gave me and ask very very nicely if I could be given a later date Bc it was a holiday and she was extremely
        Helpful and pushed it off until 5/1 for me.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish definitely cant miss your own wedding lol. hopefully you get the dates you want.

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        Catch wind of any more openings at that port by any chance?

• Quick question. I was in process and failed the poly probably about 8ish years ago. Genuinely don't know why. Never been arrested. Never was into drugs. Basically have a couple speeding tickets in my life. That's it. Is it worth giving it another shot, or will they just see I failed before and say forget it.

Comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        tigersin2009 CBP is hurting for people. If this is something you really want, don't let one "failure" stop you from getting it. I put that in quotes cause I believe in winning or learning. No such thing as failing if you get back on the horse.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Go for it again man, tigersin2009, I've seen a guy in here failed 4 5 times, he kept trying and finally got the job.

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        Reapply! If it’s something you really want, go for it. I failed the poly in 2015, applied this year and i told my examiner about the failed poly, we discussed it and at the end of my poly I was told I passed by him. They use the most recent results dating back 2 years, so your definitely able reapply right now

• tigersin2009
        tigersin2009 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow thanks for the replies! I'm absolutely going to re-apply. I've been hesitant because of having to take a pay cut initially from what I'm doing now, but I'm not passionate at all and I realized money isn't the most important thing in the world.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5847 users online. 197 members and 5650 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X