Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 month here.

Comment

• i know the pay & retirement is not considered law enforcement but will we have law enforcement credentials? with my current federal law enforcement credentials I purchased a glock. will I have to get a permit now or can I carry with my credentials?

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        boconnor I was going to ask if a personal firearm is allowed under LEOSA or duty fire arm only. Thanks for the answer.

Just curious, how does a retire CBPO obtain a LEOSA ID? Through DHS?

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        @1ridgerunner7.

I think you'd look at this post

https://forum.officer.com/forum/offi...d-card-wording

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        When i was an MP in the Army we were cleared to carry off post using LEOSA. However you have to carry you're credentials. Since in the military we didn't really have credentials, however most of us had Military Police badges and our unit made an Pistol qual cert for us to carry with. When i went to court and other places I would displayed my badge and military i.d. I was allowed to go everywhere. You dont have to get a CHL or LTC after already being credentialed

• SUAZO
        SUAZO commented
        Editing a comment

• A heads up please answer your private calls too. Opm been calling me like 3 to4 weeks, i dont answeres them kind of calls, luckily they call my home number and mom answered it and call me to answer private call is cbpr. My medical still isnt cleared but they starting on on my background, and wanted to know why i had a general under honorable discharge
      Last edited by Hou33guy; 10-29-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        They left no messages, and yes the caller id said private number

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasnt answering private calls cause i broke up with a woman at the end of September and blocked her number so i thought it may have been her calling lmao

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg. I’ve been getting a call for the past 2 weeks. But didn’t answer because on my I phone it says SCAM LIKELY ! I wonder if that was them. I will start answering now. They don’t leave voicemails

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup and had to turn off my robo call app to

• What do adjudication of my background investigation process means

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        All CBP Officers are vetted for a TS clearance.

Actually having an active clearance as a CBPO requires working job duties where having such a clearance is necessary and warranted.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        I did have a clearance when i was a air traffic controller in the navy, cant remember it it was secret or top secret, that was 10 yrs ago

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hou33guy if you weren't polygraphed and had an SSBI done 10 years ago, which is basically a "lifestyle" clearance needed for a TS, you most likely never had it. OPM and DoD have very similar criteria for their TS clearance. That's why if you hold an active one from the military, it will potentially waive your poly and expedite your BI for BP. As CBPO or BP, you will hold a clearance which is equivalent to the TS. That is what the BI is for.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok then it must have been a secret clearance i had, cause i was fresh out of high school when i joined the navy and didnt do a polygraph

• Question,
      If you made a mistake on your Eqip or assessment, (minor issue, just forgot that it happened 10 years ago and checked no..instead of yes...not even sure if they recorded this incident, bought $50 of cold flu medicine from foreign country for my mom, and forgot to declare it on Custom form, they verified it was cold flu med but confiscated and destroyed it later)
      how do you correct it? Or just wait until you meet up with BI and tell them? or even worth telling them?
      Thanks

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Tony, I told my both Poly Examiner and BI about something I forgot to put down in my EQIP. It wasn't anything major but it kept bugging me and I did talked to my case manager and she told me to let the Poly examiner know when you get there. So I told him know and he just smiled and said thanks for being honest and he wrote it down and asked if I have anything else that I want to get it out. When we were done he told me to tell my BI as well.

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks d2ep N.N. Foxx310 , I was thinking I would tell the examiner and BI too... just small thing but it keeps bugging me and I don't want them to fail me for that .... better honest... it was not charged of any crime or anything....

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesn’t matter if it was put on your record or not, if it’s in your mind you let them know, even if you think it’s “dumb” or not important...trust me I’m telling you this from experience...

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Foxx310 roger that man

• For those that are interested. Just keeping you guys updated

Received my Tentative Selection for Customs and Border Protection Officer 19-1 after turning down my DH 18-7 offer and reapplying to the CBPO 19-1 and re-taking the exam.

I'll let you guys know how long it takes for everything to transfer over.
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        SUAZO cool. What are you waiting on now?

• SUAZO
        SUAZO commented
        Editing a comment
        Polly and background to be completed

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        SUAZO cool.. i hope you get scheduled soon.

• SUAZO
        SUAZO commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here ! Thanks. Best of luck to you

Last edited by N.N.; 02-16-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        I lived in TN for most of my application process. Did SI in Memphis. I did not have any close cities for poly. I think it was South Carolina, Texas, Chicago that were in the 8 to 11 hr drive range from my area then. When I redid my application for 18-13, the options were the same. I always chose Chicago for the poly bc I live here now and when I was in the South, it was the least amount of distance compared to other cities offered for the poly.

• Any1 here eod date 04/15/19 Jfk?

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 lol. I cant miss my own wedding.. i hope they offer me the same dates as before which was EOD Feb 22 and Academy dates March 9th to July 15.. which would leave me four days for my wedding.

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was the original date they gave me and ask very very nicely if I could be given a later date Bc it was a holiday and she was extremely
        Helpful and pushed it off until 5/1 for me.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish definitely cant miss your own wedding lol. hopefully you get the dates you want.

• striza
        striza commented
        Editing a comment
        Catch wind of any more openings at that port by any chance?

• Quick question. I was in process and failed the poly probably about 8ish years ago. Genuinely don't know why. Never been arrested. Never was into drugs. Basically have a couple speeding tickets in my life. That's it. Is it worth giving it another shot, or will they just see I failed before and say forget it.

Comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        tigersin2009 CBP is hurting for people. If this is something you really want, don't let one "failure" stop you from getting it. I put that in quotes cause I believe in winning or learning. No such thing as failing if you get back on the horse.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Go for it again man, tigersin2009, I've seen a guy in here failed 4 5 times, he kept trying and finally got the job.

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        Reapply! If it’s something you really want, go for it. I failed the poly in 2015, applied this year and i told my examiner about the failed poly, we discussed it and at the end of my poly I was told I passed by him. They use the most recent results dating back 2 years, so your definitely able reapply right now

• tigersin2009
        tigersin2009 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow thanks for the replies! I'm absolutely going to re-apply. I've been hesitant because of having to take a pay cut initially from what I'm doing now, but I'm not passionate at all and I realized money isn't the most important thing in the world.

• I am currently in FLETC right now, so if anyone has any questions I'll be more than glad to help.
      Cheers.
      CBPO (18-3) - Queens, NY
      Progress shown on CASS: 88%

Original Application: 17-6 (03/05/17)
      Current Application: 18-3 (12/01/17)
      Entrance Exam: Passed - (03/29/17)
      Medical Exam: Passed - (05/02/2017)
      Fitness Exam: Passed - (05/31/2017)
      SI: Passed - (06/28/2017)
      Polygraph: Passed - (09/27/2017)
      BI: Cleared (10/24/17 - 05/09/18)
      Drug Exam: Passed (05/17/18)
      TSU: (06/04/18)
      Final Offer: (06/21/18)
      EOD: (9/17/18)

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        rachrose77 I've never heard of anyone having their offer completed rescinded, just changes to dates/locations. It obviously wouldn't make sense for them to rescind entirely when you've passed all of the clearances (something very few people can do). Not to mention, CBP has spent tens of thousands of dollars to get someone to the point of a final offer, they certainly won't just throw you the curb. I think if they tell you you're going to port X on the phone, they just want to make sure you can't sue them if a month down the road they decide you're needed more going to port Y lol.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ***following***

when you eod, do you pay out of pocket to get to FLETC or does DHS pay for that?

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        Douglas, transportation costs are provided by cbp. You only pay if you decide to drive to fletc and the cost of driving is more than flying. At that point they pay you for the cheaper of the two. If you fly then everything is booked and paid for directly from CBP. Driving you get reimbursed for mileage and whatnot. However if the flight costs 160 and the milage is like 300$ worth your only gonna get the 160.

Also on a side note a car is a God send down there

• Eagle91
        Eagle91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nycguy718 What are your FLETC dates? I EOD at JFK Nov.26th and start FLETC Dec.10th. Seems as though we'll be down there the same time.

• If you do provisional clear, how do you know when the BI is actually completed if it shows as pass in the app?

Comment

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your background says “ completed” and when you click on it and it says “pass”. I believe then it’s clear. I signed provisional and mine is still “ in progress”. My investigator sent his stuff in August.

• CBPO 18-3 VRA. Stuck on 38%. Last thing I did was SI back in May. Still havent cleared medical, never met with a BI and obviously never did a poly. Did mine get lost or did I get removed from the process and not get told?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        you will just have to "hurry up and wait"

Im GS9-VRA CBPO/BPA
        applied 09/2017
        Physical 10/2017
        completed SI 10/2017
        medical 10/2017
        additional medical needed 11/2017
        medical 11/2017-07/2018
        Poly 08/2018
        equip 09/2018
        BI meeting 09/2018
        BI meeting 2 10/2018
        BI sent over paper work 10/2/2018
        BI still pending
        Drug- pending
        EOD- pending

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 Why does it seem like your process is way out of order from the rest of us? You did your eQIP after medical and physical? That's strange. Anyway, I submitted my eQIP back in March, but I never spoke with a BI. Never had a meeting and never got contacted to have one. I'm not sure if they're just not doing it at all or if I'm removed from the process or what.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        fsi1212 I did my equip after medical and physical as well.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        i filled out the papers that stated Personal History, they "updated their system" making fill out the equip. Virtually everything was same except i had to put if they were still alive and or dead.

• does this mean i selected houston, i cant remember but i thought i did back in july
      Last edited by Hou33guy; 10-30-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• vik2500
        vik2500 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was for your interview and polygraph.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hou33guy, That was you're poly and board. When i applied for the VRA i applied with negotiable after selection but i was able to type my preferred work site.

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where was this picture taken from bud? Are you still at 38%. I'm the same announcement.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Usajobs, when u sign in go under ur job application and hit the review then additional information, it will take you to application manager then hit the view/print my answers
        Last edited by Hou33guy; 11-08-2018, 01:32 PM.

• I have a question guys, I’m currently in the process as I just started and just submitted my eqip, how hard do they go about your credit report. Does it has to be perfect?

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Dispute all negative ones and the ones that dont get deleted call them on a settle them. Try and settle for for than 50% but ask for a letter or email 1st saying it will be deleted once paid. Works like a charm

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Its ok to have debt, as long as you can show them you are responsible and paying it... not collection... I guess they assume that when you have collection on file, you are not responsible and when people are in lot of debt, they will do "bad things" to make money too... A_J_B

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP That's not entirely true. I have 2 collections on my credit report and they don't mind that they are there. I had a legitimate reason as to why I couldn't pay. As long as you are honest about it and usually are paying it down, they will be ok with that.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just be honest. I have debt. Explain why? For years I was the only one employed in my house. My wife has medical issues that I had to take care of for years. I have a mortgage as well and some of her debt also is hers that carried over. Just explain. Like my investigator said. It is tough being the only one employed. Everyone has debt. Try. It is one thing if you work and live with mom not paying debt.

• Does any have a screen shot of the 18-8 vra location vacancies,

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        you should be able to log in USAJOBS and see it thru your profile, "Full Job Announcement" Hou33guy

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok i thought i looked there ill check again

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9884 users online. 455 members and 9429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X