Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal29 wow that is completely insane. The incompetency and inconsistently surrounding this agency's hiring process is getting completely out of control. There seems to be no system or organization, no oversight, and no accountability. I think it's almost getting to the point where we may need to start reaching out to our congressional representatives demanding change.
    Last edited by N.N.; 10-26-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      My question is how do they determine I did not meet the criteria for provisional and determined this after my poly. I passed. I don't really care about the provisional, it is the the fact behind it. I just want it to be done already. And with nothing significant on my background I would rather start sooner than later. So I can get on with my life. I'm sitting here waiting because I'm going to be selling my house. I want out of my job. One it is awful and two now that the investigator came here and talked to all head people. My job has become very acquired as has been two months and they know I'm trying to leave.

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      You continue to bash CBP over every single thing but yet continue to be in the “process”. Every day. You either apply for a new posting or apply to another agency.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycguy718 Don't call him out on his toxicity. He'll get you banned like he did to Evolution81

• Hey guys! I applied for VRA 18-13 on 9/18/2018. Referred for GS-7.

Finished medical exam yesterday (10/24/2018), finished (revised multiple times lol) E-QIP was submitted about a week ago, and background investigation is in the works. Structured interview is scheduled for mid-November. Currently at 13% on the tracker/app.

I currently live in Chicago and I saw that Chicago was one of the needed locations. That was one of the main reasons why I applied. However, I would love to get Seattle if possible. Has anyone heard anything about these ports and pros/cons?
    CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
    9/20/2018 Written Exam
    10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
    10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
    10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
    10/24/2018 Medical Exam
    11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
    11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
    11/13/2018 SI
    11/14/2018 Passed SI
    11/26/2018 PFT
    11/28/2018 Passed PFT
    3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
    4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 17-11 at 63%

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      1RidgeRunner7 yes thats how I got to do SI and Poly on same day. I made the extra 4 hour trip opposed to going to DC which is 2 hours away just so I could do both.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      All in one day, got it. I saw that a few days ago. Locations with an (*). I wished I would of done that. Thought about it after the fact.

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      The rent is pretty rough in Chicago, but my brother lives in Seattle and from what I've seen, it's so much worse lol. Seattle appeals to me mainly because of the change of scenery and climate. I'm glad ORD isn't too bad to work at!

• Has anyone had a non verbal poly?
    Last edited by Foxx310; 10-26-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      @foxx. Yes. I did both verbal and non verbal on the same day. It was divided into 2 sections. First was verbal and then took a break. 2nd session was non verbal. I just listened to instructions And always said the truth.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and it made me super stressed. I did not like the nonverbal at all. But again, I did not pass.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. They new I wasn't lying but had a hard time reading. I thought about nothing which they told me to keep a clear head.

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn’t you sign a NDA?

• Any 18-11’s?
    Last edited by Lhbc21; 10-25-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, FINALLY have an update to report! After 6+ months, at last have received medical clearance and am at 50% in CASS. Such a relief to be past that crazy delay! Now on to the poly!

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 50%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
    Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
    Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
    Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
    e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
    e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    Medical Exam: April 23, 2018
    PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
    2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
    Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
    SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
    Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
    Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2018, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
    Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018
    Medical Cleared: October 26, 2018
    Polygraph: Pending
    Background Investigation: In Progress
    Drug Test: In Progress
    Final Offer: Pending
    EOD: Pending
    FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 264 days

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! One step closer

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Woohoo! Finally some forward progress for you!

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      AlexTejada23 Alexr3496 vik2500 thank you all! Yes it’s definitely a good feeling to finally see some movement again! Fingers crossed the poly gods shine down on me lol!

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really happy for you! Still stuck myself. It's been 23 weeks. I hope they schedule your poly soon!

• Hi all. Good morning. Since I’ve been in the process
    for 15 and only recently got an EOD, I may have some advice. I was also stuck in medical from October to June and only then had my Poly scheduled for October of this year. I got frustrated waited and after a bunch of unanswered emails and calls to MHC, I emailed them stating that I would really like to choose CBP as my career, but since the process has been so long I may have to choose other employment to support my family. I was very very nice and stayed how I am sure they are overwhelmed with applicants and paperwork but I just felt I had to have a decision already. My process started to speed up
    after that. Not sure if it was a coincidence. No
    one should feel bad out there in the process Bc when I applied in 8/17 I was told that they have a critical need for females and if I am willing to state that I am a female by birth than my process will be expedited. Sooooo even as a critically needed asset I waited 15 month. Wishing everyone good luck and don’t feel bad waiting.

Comment

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the insight rachrose77. I heard the same thing, I am also a female and having prior federal law enforcement experience, and with their critical need, I was also under the impression that the process might be a bit expedited. Happy to hear you finally received a call. I’ve only been in the process for about 11 months now. My background investigation was submitted back in August. Best of luck to you!

• Also in terms of the poly. Don’t feel bad if you failed. I literally had NOTHING to worry about in my
    bakground and yet I was told that they had to throw out the results twice and sent me
    out of the room because my data was invalid. Then after about 3 hours was told that even though the examiner passed me that my physiology was all over the place and QC may not pass me and then asked if I would be willing to come in again to take it again. I agreed. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach Bc there was nothing in this world that i could do to pass on my
    own will. Don’t be discouraged if you fail.

Comment

• Duplicate delete
      Last edited by rachrose77; 10-26-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Alright everybody. I think we need a reminder that this forum is dedicated to helping each other and giving each other insight to the process. We will be expected to be professional in this line of work, so let’s act like it. To all those keyboard warriors bashing another member, remember that could be a guy you’ll be standing next to at graduation or working alongside at your first unit. This also applies to the amount of complaining. Yes this process is extremely frustrating, a bit inconsistent, and time consuming, and I’ve certainly done my part of complaining as well, but remember that you are not being forced into this process. It’s okay to vent, but outright bashing the agency and the process is not okay. You chose to apply, and if you are so upset about with the agency and the hiring process, then maybe you should consider withdrawing your application. Let’s keep this forum on track with its primary goal; helping each, keeping it positive, and pumping each other up when we finally hear some progress or get the call for this awesome opportunity of a job. It will all be worth it!

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair points all around. Personally, I'm going to try and pull back on the complaining. It's just been hard at times.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kli0211 what announcement are you again?

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 I applied under the 18-2 announcement

• From receiving email of having to do fingerprints to receiving the fingerprint cards, how long of a wait?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          For me it was 3 days, depends how close you live to Minneapolis

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          3 days, mailed them back after 3 more days and received an email that they had been received about 7 days after

• received a verbal pass on my poly yesterday, 9 hrs.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Where did you end up taking it? How was the experience overall?

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          9 hrs holy crap

• took in Washington DC. overall good experience...just follow instructions and be honest and you'll be fine.

Comment

• AlexTejada23
          AlexTejada23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine in D.C as well! Completely agree with the following instructions portion. Mine was about 4 or so hours to complete the examination! Keep us posted!

• Just to clarify, for the two weeks at our home unit before leaving to FLETC is that something we have to pay for ourselves at an extended stay or it that going to paid for then returning back upon completion of FLETC then we its our on expense to relocate?. I EOD on 2/12 to Dulles, VA just wanted to see if anyone knew. Thanks.

Comment

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Vik2500, was Houston, Galveston, conroe, humble available

• vik2500
          vik2500 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hou33guy , no not for me. I applied 18-6 DH. As far as I know, those ports haven’t been offered. They offer whatever that was listed under what you applied for, for the most part. I know applicants have asked for specific ports and they may be able to offer them to you, I’m not really sure.

• AlexTejada23
          AlexTejada23 commented
          Editing a comment
          @vik2500: geez.. I wish I could find a rate like that. 17 days for an extended stay is literally costing me $1250 with a government rate in VA.

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi vik2500 I'm in job announcement 18-6 as well. Are you from the locations they are offering or from some other state? I'm from Miami but definitely ready to relocate..

• Kind of a random question. But when your background clears, does it just update on Cass? Do they email you? Or is it both?

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          idk, just following the feed, would like to know as well

• Moloaay
          Moloaay commented
          Editing a comment
          You don’t get any email it’ll just clear on Cass
          And they only email you when they need more information about something which is not a good thing.
          Iit’s a matter of time bro
          Be patient
          Good luck

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks. Just curious as that. That is all I'm waiting on and drug test.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it a bad sign of your not granted provisional? Just curious. They determined shortly after poly.

• So just curious, what wait times did everybody see between hitting 50% in CASS, and getting contacted to schedule their poly? It’s been about 5 months since passing my SI, but just finally got medical clearance today and hit 50%. Hoping to maybe get a call for the poly before the holidays, although I know that may be a bit quick. Thanks!

Comment

• goknights
          goknights commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it was about 2-3 weeks for me

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          4 months and 7 days from SI to Poly day.

• Mike924
          Mike924 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am very glad to hear that your medical FINALLY got cleared. I'm near ATL, went 50% clearing medical around mid August after doing the SI in mid July...still no call for the poly.

• TFS
          TFS commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man, I know it's been a long time for you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8452 users online. 389 members and 8063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X