Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to those who still in the process. Just want to know who going to FLETC in February??

Comment

• Far16
      Far16 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s nice know I guess we will see each other FLETC. I just got 3 more months before my EOD in January

• Dave92592
      Dave92592 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be going to FLETC from 14 Feb -20 Jun. with you and JMontero, I assume.

• Far16
      Far16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave92592 that’s right see you there

• SteenBean
      SteenBean commented
      Editing a comment
      I know this post is older now, but I am heading to FLETC early Feb as well.

• Originally posted by rachrose77 View Post
    Hi all. I was also never contacted by BI and shows in CASS as pending but I already got the call. I
    applied 17-10. I was looking for other CBPO with a
    similar EOD and FLETC date. I am
    EOD @JFK 5/1 for CBP and @FLETC 5/15-9/20. I’m nervous Since I was told they don’t contact you about
    more FLETC info until right before and I am
    palnnong on moving my five kids and hubby to the area for the summer. I need to request off campus housing and fee completely lost lol.
    Congrats!! Also 17-10 here, passed poly about a month ago, hopefully will catch the same train lol

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. that's true man.. well in I think July or August I applied for VRA... I recommend you do something similar (have two applications )

• Anyone see any progress lately? This week marks 100 days since sending in additional medical info for me. I've been lied to several times by med review at this point, but still received clearance, and they supposedly still haven't even looked at my paperwork. So frustrating...
    Last edited by N.N.; 10-24-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know I was thinking about applying to another announcement as well. I'm also calling MHC to make sure my file was not lost because that is very concerning. But I may apply for another announcement upon what they say. My only set back is, one being to have to retake the writing test and two waiting to 3 months for everything to transfer over.

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 let us know what MHC tells you about your application. I would give them a call myself but I’m not sure which number to call. I’ve also considered reapplying. I just can’t help but think it may delay my progress further since I would need to retake the fittness and written exam. It kinda seems like it’s a gamble. I’ve seen it help people out but I’ve also seen it make thins more difficult.

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      For me, everything transferred over In like 1 month.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Im still waiting for my additional onfo to clear sent in sept 17th, but opm been calling me a month private number, just now answered today to get my background investigation started

• Vet2fed and alextejada whay announcement are you guys?

Comment

• Any one from 18-8 here still waiting for Poly? I am at 50%

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP lol do NOT say that to them, they'll throw you into the abyss of medical delay with a 6+ month delay like they did me lol.

• NoSlack898
      NoSlack898 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 VRA at 50% waiting on Poly. Background in progress.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-8 DH also waiting on poly. Just read from a retired BP Agent that from Thanksgiving to New Years the government will more than likely be at a complete standstill for the holidays. Reason being everybody is using sick days/PTO etc so they won't lose them.

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-7 here. Been at 50% since mid August...still no call for poly

• So I called MHC and that was a waste of time. Got no information or explanation from them. I told them I've heard of applicants files getting lost and they say It is possible but they wouldn't know. I asked who I could contact and they said no one. Once opm has it no one knows anything. 14 months in and no one knows anything. Maybe I'll just apply to a regular announcement and go for JFK. Seems the only place they are given eod's. So much for Swb being in critical need.

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey man, sorry about that, at least you can go somewhere nicer fix up your resume ( assuming you got selected for GS5) and you can potentially be accepted for GS7.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just can't believe we can't get answers or clarity. Oh I was kidding about JFK. No offense to anyone but I would never go to new York. I'm from the Boston area and couldn't do it. I moved to Texas 7 years ago. I'm already qualified for gs7. Im just going to wait it out as everything is complete except drug and background. Already met investigator a couple months back and my file had already been submitted.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just talked to one of my recruiters and he went around asking on my behalf. He was told that my case is not uncommon. Especially since I was not given provisional I would have to wait until bi is complete. Which is fine. But really how long does the bi need to take? I mean my investigator worked on my file for several months. I believe he said all together like 4 months. So noe opm will spend another 4 months at least? Kind of sucks seeing a lot of new applicants are going right through in no time at all. Kind of b.s. he said it is a "hurry up and wait" but that I'm still being considered.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently according to a recruiter. Someone fresh out of college, no experience is more qualified than someone who served in the military or has gain experience no joke. Then went on to say no completed the process I 6 months. Fastest has been 10 months. And is usually 12 months to 2 and a half years for process. I was ****ed excuse my language. And only those near completion get provisional. If not granted it means they may need additional . Have not been contacted for additional information. So if they need to they need to hurry up. Because I will not wait 2-2 1/2 years. I turned police departments for this. Here is the email.

How it works is all dependent on your background. If it is close to being complete, then you will be qualified for provisional clearance. If the review board have additional questions that require a more in-depth investigation, then you will not be granted the clearance. This is what they have told me. I haven’t seen anyone complete their assessment in 6 months. On average an application for someone applying under the VRA will complete their assessment in 10 months up to a year. For a civilian it could be as long as a year to a year and a half. My application took 2 and a half years. It is different for everyone. The unfortunate thing is that a person in collage with no experience will complete his assessment faster than a person in the military. This is because of the fact that they didn’t do anything there background is smaller and easer to complete. Sorry for the delay and I hope you will get notified about the job soon.

• Hal29 wow that is completely insane. The incompetency and inconsistently surrounding this agency's hiring process is getting completely out of control. There seems to be no system or organization, no oversight, and no accountability. I think it's almost getting to the point where we may need to start reaching out to our congressional representatives demanding change.
    Last edited by N.N.; 10-26-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      My question is how do they determine I did not meet the criteria for provisional and determined this after my poly. I passed. I don't really care about the provisional, it is the the fact behind it. I just want it to be done already. And with nothing significant on my background I would rather start sooner than later. So I can get on with my life. I'm sitting here waiting because I'm going to be selling my house. I want out of my job. One it is awful and two now that the investigator came here and talked to all head people. My job has become very acquired as has been two months and they know I'm trying to leave.

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      You continue to bash CBP over every single thing but yet continue to be in the “process”. Every day. You either apply for a new posting or apply to another agency.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycguy718 Don't call him out on his toxicity. He'll get you banned like he did to Evolution81

• Hey guys! I applied for VRA 18-13 on 9/18/2018. Referred for GS-7.

Finished medical exam yesterday (10/24/2018), finished (revised multiple times lol) E-QIP was submitted about a week ago, and background investigation is in the works. Structured interview is scheduled for mid-November. Currently at 13% on the tracker/app.

I currently live in Chicago and I saw that Chicago was one of the needed locations. That was one of the main reasons why I applied. However, I would love to get Seattle if possible. Has anyone heard anything about these ports and pros/cons?
    CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
    9/20/2018 Written Exam
    10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
    10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
    10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
    10/24/2018 Medical Exam
    11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
    11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
    11/13/2018 SI
    11/14/2018 Passed SI
    11/26/2018 PFT
    11/28/2018 Passed PFT
    3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
    4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 17-11 at 63%

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      1RidgeRunner7 yes thats how I got to do SI and Poly on same day. I made the extra 4 hour trip opposed to going to DC which is 2 hours away just so I could do both.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      All in one day, got it. I saw that a few days ago. Locations with an (*). I wished I would of done that. Thought about it after the fact.

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      The rent is pretty rough in Chicago, but my brother lives in Seattle and from what I've seen, it's so much worse lol. Seattle appeals to me mainly because of the change of scenery and climate. I'm glad ORD isn't too bad to work at!

• Has anyone had a non verbal poly?
    Last edited by Foxx310; 10-26-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      @foxx. Yes. I did both verbal and non verbal on the same day. It was divided into 2 sections. First was verbal and then took a break. 2nd session was non verbal. I just listened to instructions And always said the truth.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and it made me super stressed. I did not like the nonverbal at all. But again, I did not pass.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. They new I wasn't lying but had a hard time reading. I thought about nothing which they told me to keep a clear head.

• Nycguy718
      Nycguy718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn’t you sign a NDA?

• Any 18-11’s?
    Last edited by Lhbc21; 10-25-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, FINALLY have an update to report! After 6+ months, at last have received medical clearance and am at 50% in CASS. Such a relief to be past that crazy delay! Now on to the poly!

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 50%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
    Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
    Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
    Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
    e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
    e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    Medical Exam: April 23, 2018
    PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
    2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
    Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
    SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
    Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
    Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2018, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
    Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018
    Medical Cleared: October 26, 2018
    Polygraph: Pending
    Background Investigation: In Progress
    Drug Test: In Progress
    Final Offer: Pending
    EOD: Pending
    FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 264 days

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! One step closer

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Woohoo! Finally some forward progress for you!

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      AlexTejada23 Alexr3496 vik2500 thank you all! Yes it’s definitely a good feeling to finally see some movement again! Fingers crossed the poly gods shine down on me lol!

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really happy for you! Still stuck myself. It's been 23 weeks. I hope they schedule your poly soon!

• Hi all. Good morning. Since I’ve been in the process
    for 15 and only recently got an EOD, I may have some advice. I was also stuck in medical from October to June and only then had my Poly scheduled for October of this year. I got frustrated waited and after a bunch of unanswered emails and calls to MHC, I emailed them stating that I would really like to choose CBP as my career, but since the process has been so long I may have to choose other employment to support my family. I was very very nice and stayed how I am sure they are overwhelmed with applicants and paperwork but I just felt I had to have a decision already. My process started to speed up
    after that. Not sure if it was a coincidence. No
    one should feel bad out there in the process Bc when I applied in 8/17 I was told that they have a critical need for females and if I am willing to state that I am a female by birth than my process will be expedited. Sooooo even as a critically needed asset I waited 15 month. Wishing everyone good luck and don’t feel bad waiting.

Comment

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the insight rachrose77. I heard the same thing, I am also a female and having prior federal law enforcement experience, and with their critical need, I was also under the impression that the process might be a bit expedited. Happy to hear you finally received a call. I’ve only been in the process for about 11 months now. My background investigation was submitted back in August. Best of luck to you!

• Also in terms of the poly. Don’t feel bad if you failed. I literally had NOTHING to worry about in my
    bakground and yet I was told that they had to throw out the results twice and sent me
    out of the room because my data was invalid. Then after about 3 hours was told that even though the examiner passed me that my physiology was all over the place and QC may not pass me and then asked if I would be willing to come in again to take it again. I agreed. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach Bc there was nothing in this world that i could do to pass on my
    own will. Don’t be discouraged if you fail.

Comment

• Duplicate delete
      Last edited by rachrose77; 10-26-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Alright everybody. I think we need a reminder that this forum is dedicated to helping each other and giving each other insight to the process. We will be expected to be professional in this line of work, so let’s act like it. To all those keyboard warriors bashing another member, remember that could be a guy you’ll be standing next to at graduation or working alongside at your first unit. This also applies to the amount of complaining. Yes this process is extremely frustrating, a bit inconsistent, and time consuming, and I’ve certainly done my part of complaining as well, but remember that you are not being forced into this process. It’s okay to vent, but outright bashing the agency and the process is not okay. You chose to apply, and if you are so upset about with the agency and the hiring process, then maybe you should consider withdrawing your application. Let’s keep this forum on track with its primary goal; helping each, keeping it positive, and pumping each other up when we finally hear some progress or get the call for this awesome opportunity of a job. It will all be worth it!

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair points all around. Personally, I'm going to try and pull back on the complaining. It's just been hard at times.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kli0211 what announcement are you again?

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 I applied under the 18-2 announcement

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5319 users online. 163 members and 5156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X