Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal29 when you got your second poly what did they tell you after your first one ended and how long before they contacted you about your second one.

Comment

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170 I haven’t been in any trouble, I have a clean background besides 3 speeding tickets from high school and of course trying marijuana 5 years ago.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170 Same here. Been in my fair share of trouble. However, I'm a new creation in Christ and prayed a lot before my poly. Was in and out in 2 hours with a verbal pass. Went green on CASS the following week.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Foxx310 I’ve had several reckless driving tickets, a prior arrest but never any drugs. I’d still be willing to bet you’ll get a job offer around 15-16 months in the process. When I went through the hiring process the first time, from start to finish was 17 months.

micdrop451 Praise God! In my opinion the polygraph is the most stressful part. Once you pass that, it all seems downhill.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170 for me, the most difficult part was the subject meeting with my BI. She was a piece of work. Just a condescending attitude towards me with some needless comments being made. I'm not mad at it though, she seemed miserable.

BTW, praise God. Wouldn't be this far in life without Him.
      Last edited by micdrop451; 10-23-2018, 10:18 PM.

• Deleted.....
    Last edited by Foxx310; 10-22-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• I was in there for 5 1/2. Repetitive. Ive been in the process almost 14 months now. Getting a little frustrated. I won't lie.

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29. My first Poly with CBP (2015) was almost 7 hours in total. What part of the process are you hung up on now? Also, are you DH or VRA? GS-5-7-9?

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 No word on the BI? I'm still waiting on mine to flip green. Haven't met with my BI for a second round. I don't know if that means there were no discrepancies that needed to be discussed as I noticed most 2nd meetings with applicants leads to a NOPA. Only time will tell.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Raptor. Background and waiting on drug test. I met my investigator on September 4th and he submitted my file on September 5th. Just waiting for it to turn green. That and just drug test. I'm dh gs7.

• Hi all. I was also never contacted by BI and shows in CASS as pending but I already got the call. I
      applied 17-10. I was looking for other CBPO with a
      similar EOD and FLETC date. I am
      EOD @JFK 5/1 for CBP and @FLETC 5/15-9/20. I’m nervous Since I was told they don’t contact you about
      more FLETC info until right before and I am
      palnnong on moving my five kids and hubby to the area for the summer. I need to request off campus housing and fee completely lost lol.

Comment

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        At my current rate, we may end up with the same EOD and FLETC..

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        They are already into may? Damn.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was reading the academy rules. You cant get off campus housing for the academy. you have to stay in the dorm. Youre family can move there but they have hours you have to be in bed and stuff

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        damn, May EOD, at this rate im gonna be in by the fall next year. Waiting on BI and drug test. hopefully JFK too.

• Question? How do they determing if you get provisional clearance? I contacted my case manager to see what was going on. They said opr determined that I would not be granted provisional clearance and I have to wait for a full suitability clearance and that MHC doesn't know fill criteria for provisional. Does anyone know the criteria or reason? I'm 14 months in and doesn't seem like eod will be until late next year seeing they are already in may.

they determined that after poly.

Comment

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Hal29 still can’t believe you haven’t heard anything yet. I feel like they’re just pulling names out of a hat at this point haha. I think I’m just becoming impatient. When I met with my background investigator he said that he regularly interviews people at FLETC who are at training and whose background investigations haven’t been cleared yet. I’m not sure how they are deciding provisional clearance when it’s so inconsistent... I’m also prior military with a current clearance so not sure what the hold up is.
        Last edited by kli0211; 10-23-2018, 04:33 PM.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agency need.

Like just about everything else in the hiring process, provisional clearances are designed to benefit the agency under limited circumstances.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        d2ep, did they notify you of your bi clearing or did it just change on cass?

• AlexTejada23
        AlexTejada23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was granted provisional clearance then given my EOD for 18-8 Dulles, VA. Leaving in February. I just met with my BI about a few days ago in email and yesterday in person. They are finishing up the investigation with my work and personal reference checks. Neighborhood is also getting done, but that is all that is left per the investigator.

• They gave me dates in April but I couldn’t go then and they were very accommodating and pushed me
      off to May.

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        rachrose77 thats good to hear. Did they offer you a lot of locations? Also are you DH or VRA?

• The lady said this “we will first list agency critical locations” she went on to offer me some Arizona ports, calico,CA, key west Florida. I believe she would have kept going. But I said no to everything and she said “well I see you live in New York, is there a location that you are interested in.?” I told her that I would really like JFK and she said she could definitely do that for me. My announcement was location negotiable, and the cities listed weren’t all offered. I never applied to any JFK announcements.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you apply to a regular announcement or direct hire?

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        border patrol or Protection Officer? Key west airport?

• Not VRA. I was a teacher and mommy for 15 years. Guess they need females .

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats awesome! Im VRA GS 9, debating on doing the provisional clearance so I can EoD sooner! I hope I get a choice at a good location.

• I'm assuming this "provisional clearance" shortens things up quite a bit. The only catch....if something is discovered in your background on week 10 at the academy....you are then out of a job. Is that correct?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you currently have a decent job or you think you might have skeletons in your closet from the past. it's probably best to wait for a completed background. If you have an easily replaceable job and/or you are convinced that you have a squeaky clean past that will unquestionably pass background review...maybe the provisional clearance is for you.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know I don't have any skeletons in my closet. I would say my job is pretty miserable....lol. I don't care about the provisional so much. More about why I wouldn't meet the requirements. I'm direct hire so I would think that would be critical need since they hurting for Swb. Anyways I just want the process to be over already.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Direct hire announcements, like provisional clearances, are mostly about benefiting the agency...not the applicant. "Critical need" means whatever. MHC will define it as it relates to their needs, CBP HQ will view it as it relates to CBP needs, Field Offices will further break it down to the regional impact and individual ports have their take on it as well. Often, the needs of MHC and the needs of individual ports clash. Many ports prefer to run short-staffed as being short-staffed pretty much guaranteed generous overtime funding.

Often, it's not about the applicant, it's about the bureaucracy. The cracks within CBP are wide...and lots of people fall through them.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        depending on what it is, Like if its something the Department can live with they may give you a condition and make you be a snitch for IA (internal affairs). I only say that because when i worked for County we had a female have to do that.

• Good luck to those who still in the process. Just want to know who going to FLETC in February??

Comment

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s nice know I guess we will see each other FLETC. I just got 3 more months before my EOD in January

• Dave92592
        Dave92592 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be going to FLETC from 14 Feb -20 Jun. with you and JMontero, I assume.

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dave92592 that’s right see you there

• SteenBean
        SteenBean commented
        Editing a comment
        I know this post is older now, but I am heading to FLETC early Feb as well.

• Originally posted by rachrose77 View Post
      Hi all. I was also never contacted by BI and shows in CASS as pending but I already got the call. I
      applied 17-10. I was looking for other CBPO with a
      similar EOD and FLETC date. I am
      EOD @JFK 5/1 for CBP and @FLETC 5/15-9/20. I’m nervous Since I was told they don’t contact you about
      more FLETC info until right before and I am
      palnnong on moving my five kids and hubby to the area for the summer. I need to request off campus housing and fee completely lost lol.
      Congrats!! Also 17-10 here, passed poly about a month ago, hopefully will catch the same train lol

Comment

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. that's true man.. well in I think July or August I applied for VRA... I recommend you do something similar (have two applications )

• Anyone see any progress lately? This week marks 100 days since sending in additional medical info for me. I've been lied to several times by med review at this point, but still received clearance, and they supposedly still haven't even looked at my paperwork. So frustrating...
      Last edited by N.N.; 10-24-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You know I was thinking about applying to another announcement as well. I'm also calling MHC to make sure my file was not lost because that is very concerning. But I may apply for another announcement upon what they say. My only set back is, one being to have to retake the writing test and two waiting to 3 months for everything to transfer over.

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 let us know what MHC tells you about your application. I would give them a call myself but I’m not sure which number to call. I’ve also considered reapplying. I just can’t help but think it may delay my progress further since I would need to retake the fittness and written exam. It kinda seems like it’s a gamble. I’ve seen it help people out but I’ve also seen it make thins more difficult.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, everything transferred over In like 1 month.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Im still waiting for my additional onfo to clear sent in sept 17th, but opm been calling me a month private number, just now answered today to get my background investigation started

• Vet2fed and alextejada whay announcement are you guys?

Comment

• Any one from 18-8 here still waiting for Poly? I am at 50%

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP lol do NOT say that to them, they'll throw you into the abyss of medical delay with a 6+ month delay like they did me lol.

• NoSlack898
        NoSlack898 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 VRA at 50% waiting on Poly. Background in progress.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 DH also waiting on poly. Just read from a retired BP Agent that from Thanksgiving to New Years the government will more than likely be at a complete standstill for the holidays. Reason being everybody is using sick days/PTO etc so they won't lose them.

• Mike924
        Mike924 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-7 here. Been at 50% since mid August...still no call for poly

• So I called MHC and that was a waste of time. Got no information or explanation from them. I told them I've heard of applicants files getting lost and they say It is possible but they wouldn't know. I asked who I could contact and they said no one. Once opm has it no one knows anything. 14 months in and no one knows anything. Maybe I'll just apply to a regular announcement and go for JFK. Seems the only place they are given eod's. So much for Swb being in critical need.

Comment

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey man, sorry about that, at least you can go somewhere nicer fix up your resume ( assuming you got selected for GS5) and you can potentially be accepted for GS7.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just can't believe we can't get answers or clarity. Oh I was kidding about JFK. No offense to anyone but I would never go to new York. I'm from the Boston area and couldn't do it. I moved to Texas 7 years ago. I'm already qualified for gs7. Im just going to wait it out as everything is complete except drug and background. Already met investigator a couple months back and my file had already been submitted.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just talked to one of my recruiters and he went around asking on my behalf. He was told that my case is not uncommon. Especially since I was not given provisional I would have to wait until bi is complete. Which is fine. But really how long does the bi need to take? I mean my investigator worked on my file for several months. I believe he said all together like 4 months. So noe opm will spend another 4 months at least? Kind of sucks seeing a lot of new applicants are going right through in no time at all. Kind of b.s. he said it is a "hurry up and wait" but that I'm still being considered.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apparently according to a recruiter. Someone fresh out of college, no experience is more qualified than someone who served in the military or has gain experience no joke. Then went on to say no completed the process I 6 months. Fastest has been 10 months. And is usually 12 months to 2 and a half years for process. I was ****ed excuse my language. And only those near completion get provisional. If not granted it means they may need additional . Have not been contacted for additional information. So if they need to they need to hurry up. Because I will not wait 2-2 1/2 years. I turned police departments for this. Here is the email.

How it works is all dependent on your background. If it is close to being complete, then you will be qualified for provisional clearance. If the review board have additional questions that require a more in-depth investigation, then you will not be granted the clearance. This is what they have told me. I haven’t seen anyone complete their assessment in 6 months. On average an application for someone applying under the VRA will complete their assessment in 10 months up to a year. For a civilian it could be as long as a year to a year and a half. My application took 2 and a half years. It is different for everyone. The unfortunate thing is that a person in collage with no experience will complete his assessment faster than a person in the military. This is because of the fact that they didn’t do anything there background is smaller and easer to complete. Sorry for the delay and I hope you will get notified about the job soon.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10494 users online. 386 members and 10108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X