Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal29 when did u receive a pass email n recertification of eqip I’m just trying to get a timeline as to when I might get the call ... I already took my drug test n submitted my recertification on 10/12 I guess I need to wait ... which port u wanna go to ?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      2nd week of June. I meet my investigator September 4th and file submitted September 5th. What announcement are you? I'm 17-11 DH. Probably Nogales, el Paso or Laredo maybe.

• Hal29 I’m announcement 18-11 just recertified eqip on 10/12 and already took drug test ... I did provisional clear ... hoping get the call soon

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you vra? That is awfully fast. I did provisional as well and I'm over 13 months in.

• Hello all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I recently got my final polygraph results. After I took the polygraph I was given a verbal failure, and told that I would be able to appeal the results and possibly take the exam again in 3-4 weeks. I have waited almost 4 months to receive the results. I was given an "unfavorable result," and will not be able to take the test again, nor will I be able to take a polygraph with another federal agency for 2 years (I don't know if that's true or not, but that's my understanding from the email I received). My application will be withdrawn and all of my hard work and dedication will be for nothing.

Had I known this would be the case, I never would have applied to CBP. This whole experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I feel absolutely cheated. After my initial polygraph exam, the examiner accused me of bogus and groundless accusations, the only one that lied that day was the examiner.

It is entirely possible that I am just unlucky and got a ****ty examiner who wants to fail as many applicants as possible, but to those of you about to take the polygraph don't let them fool you. They are not your friend, they are not there to help you pass. I found the polygraph test to be extremely easy because I had nothing to hide and felt comfortable. If the examiner accuses you of something ridiculous, fight back tooth and nail, demand to speak to another examiner if you are told you failed. Best of luck.

Comment

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Same experience...but I waited 2 months for results. I am a straight edged person with a clean background and failed. I had to make shallower breaths because I was told that my regular breaths caused too much movement. I didn't know what to do. I'm confused what causes them to find deception. A lot of hard work and time put to waste but a good experience to know how the poly goes.

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      @HHIsland... i think once you changed your breathing pattern after they had said you were making too much movement is what gave it away...you weren’t supposed to change your breathing patterns...it’s one of those tricks where at the end they say something came up at the end and if you have anything else to disclose you say no and you stick to it...

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Foxx310 I agree, but I wish they retested me. It was a damned if I do, damned if I don't moment. My regular breaths caused more movement. To move less, I couldn't breathe as natural and deep as I had to. I was confused. If I continued to breathe normally, the examiner would have been frustrated and would have kept saying to try to stop moving so much. Maybe my normal breathing is not fit for this. lol. They are missing out on great candidates though.

• anythingicanbe
      anythingicanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      This was my story 3-4 years ago when I first applied. I wanted to leave law enforcement completely after this experience. My goal has always been become a fed. I was accused of a bunch of stuff I have never done in my life.

• Amyymoreno what info are you looking for?

Comment

• Where is everyone that is in the 18-13 VRA req? Just finished my SI today and was a piece of cake!!! Now I’m hearing I should hear my polygraph date coming down the pipeline soon? Can anyone validate that? When will I take my drug test?

E-Qip-submitted
      medical- Submitted
      Physical-waived
      background-in progress
      polygraph-waiting
      Drug Test-Waiting
      TSU-waiting

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am looking like you, I am VRA 18-12. I have been out for 5 years.

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        VRA 18-13, SI tomorrow, Poly the day after. Medical/Physical complete, Eqip submitted.

• stanford.west
        stanford.west commented
        Editing a comment
        Raptor. Where are you located and taking all your test?

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        stanford.west located in Virginia SI in NC

• Well, I reached out to a new recruiter that a friend recommended the other day and filled them in on my process. Now I'm even more confused...

According to this recruiter, being under medical review has nothing to do with getting your polygraph scheduled. They said that the delay for poly is having to wait for your background investigation to be completed (which they said can be up to 6 months) and that you won't be scheduled for your polygraph until after that.

This doesn't make any sense though. I was specifically told by someone at MHC that you have to wait until medical is cleared before you get scheduled for your poly, and that was the delay in my case. But then I was told by a different recruiter that the delay is simply due the backlog of applicants and my file was just waiting for an examiner to get to it. Now this new recruiter is saying that it's because you have to wait on your background investigation first. But I am almost certain your BI doesn't even begin until AFTER you complete your poly. I have no idea what's really going on. Either this hiring process is the most unorganized in the Federal Government, or none of the hiring/recruiting staff communicate with one another and half of them are pulling answers out of the air. It just doesn't make any sense being told completely different things every other day.
      Last edited by N.N.; 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        blackraiin I contacted them via email, never by phone.

• blackraiin
        blackraiin commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks N.N. ... I figured but just wanted to be sure.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They start a light background before you're poly. I only know that cause they asked me background questions that werent on my questions asked sheet and they already had the answers (they showed me the paper with the info after we talked about it) i asked them if that means my BI started they said no, your official BI is after poly.

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I took Poly the same day as SI but have not heard from a background investigator even to this point.

• douglasgene1 yes I did sir, does that mean something?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        VRA goes by really fast if you got out in the last year, DHS will accept you're fitness scores, Medical and if you had a TS clearance they will give you a waiver for poly/ BI. My buddy went through the process and had a job offer in 3 months but army let him sign up for warrant officer so he stayed in. He had no medical problems and had his TS so it went extremely fast.

• Hello
      is anyone here currently working for the post office and got the call

Comment

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        I work at the post office only made it to the poly but a former CCA made it I still talk to him if there’s anything I can answer for you

• Careful what you guys say to the polygraph examiner.
      . I went in nervous then quickly became comfortable

i said some things that had no business in the eqip from like 10 years ago when I was 15

i wanted my mind clean but being that it was bothering me in my mind I decided to share it

Thought I was doing the right thing, I never got to take the actual polygraph

I was told I will be allowed to re apply in 2-3 years

Good luck brothers and sisters
      I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear man that's a total bummer. The polygraph is basically pseudoscience, with it's main purpose NOT being to detect "lies" but to try and guilt/scare people into admitting to something. I don't think they really even care about the details (how old you were, etc.), I think if you admit to any kind of serious criminal activity, hidden foreign contacts, etc. they just automatically boot you out. They probably have a 'black list' that if anyone mentions those things they get kicked out.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that man,
        If you are still interested, try again in 2 years.
        I saw someone tried like 5 times and finally got it.
        What was your announcement man? Josel1992

• HHIsland
        HHIsland commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry that happened..i got booted too. I think maybe I was giving too much info from a long time ago. Not even crimes..just overthinking and over worrying...i thought talking about it might have helped but i didn't pass in the end. Try again in 2 years. I'm planning on it and plan to work out more and get a lot stronger in the meantime.

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was 18-3 and yeah that was my problem I was overthinking

• To whoever is still waiting in medical review if it makes any difference, it seems like the new generic response they send out says "reviews can take up to 12 weeks, and sometimes more" which is different from what they used to tell people (8 weeks). For what it's worth though, I'm at 13 weeks and haven't heard anything.

I would never advise anyone to lie on their medical forms, but just know if you get flagged for medical review, you're looking at a minimum of a 6+ month delay at this point. It's pretty insane.
      Last edited by N.N.; 10-18-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Notice of proposed action letter. It was For an incident that happened when I was 16 drinking under age at a party. Forgot to mention it since it was more than 13 years ago. i think the issue is that I didn’t mention it on my equip. But I honestly forgot about it. I would not try to hide something like that since IMO is not that big of a deal

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        @I’m a ninja...Don’t mean to be in your business but was this incident on your record? I ask because you said you didn’t mention it on your equip and didn’t bring it up...so how did they fine out about it?

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        I got arrested and taken to juvenile hall along with the others. The cops called our parents, and my parents wanted to teach me a lesson so they let me there over night. I was 16 so it’s in my juvenile record I guess. When my investigator asked me about it it took me a while to remember that incident I thought it was a mistake at first. So they asked me to write a nopal about the incident. They told me they will review it and let me know if I could continue in the process.

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I'm a little over a year waiting on my medical review. It is very annoying. I sometimes wonder if my paperwork is in the trash or something...

• I'm a ninja, how you doing. I'm doing alright. Just waiting on them to finish up on my background and take drug test. Met bi and submitted my file. Just time to sit back and wait and wait. So what are you up too?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is odd. Why would that even be an issue. It wasn't an arrest and happened over 10 years ago. Did you bring it up in poly? That just seems to be such a minor thing. Especially since it happened before adulthood.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long after you met with the investigator did they contact you? Who was the one who contacted you? Opm? It is odd because it was after 10 years or 3 years on their standards and it was a juvenile arrest. Very weird. Did they contact you right ?

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        hal. I never met with investigator yet. They send me an email saying that while they were investigating my background and that came up.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok gotcha.

• SI and Poly complete, email confirming pass. What’s next? I’m assuming medical papers need to be sent in considering I’m a DV?

Comment

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        You took poly today and got the email confirming you passed within a couple of hours? wow! How was poly? I have mine scheduled for this upcoming Thursday. (Taken one before and passed but with a state agency)

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 yea medical was complete on 10/4. Foxx310 SI and Poly was complete on same day, Email was sent today. It wasn’t bad. It was like the Poly with my state agency as well.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they send an email of passing si or poly? If poly that is the fastest I've ever seen. As for being dv. Your medical is complete so I doubt any further review is needed.

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 yes I got passing emails for both.

• Redwing what job announcement are you?

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 yea I thought the same. It was also the fastest polygraph I had taken. I was very impressed with how smooth everything went.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Raptor. How Long did your poly take?

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I was in and out in 2 hours.

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        raptor170 ...once again did you shower in holy water before walking in or what? lol

• Hey everyone, first time posting but long time reader.
      I have my SI coming up and I know everyone signs a NDA but can anyone give tips without breaching their agreement.
      This is my last step in my process, as almost everything else transferred over from my border patrol application.
      Thank you

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Piece of cake

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paint a picture, including small details. Step by step, every detail matters. ***Also believe in the answer you give***.

• Gs5183
        Gs5183 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

• Monkey12582
        Monkey12582 commented
        Editing a comment
        Go at least 15-30 mins early. Be confident what u you say.

• Hey guys meet the BI 2 weeks ago.. those who have been though the process already... Avg wait time till completion?

Comment

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        micdrop451 thanks! I'm former military lived in multiple places and Mexico lol...

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexr3496 CBP takes hurry up and wait to another level. Hopefully you'll breeze by.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Alexr3496 a few of us are in the same spot. I met with my BI on Aug 10, investigation submitted “a few days later” and still not a word. I am also prior military and they want all over the place meeting with my prior coworkers, family, and friends from all over. I reached out requesting an update and received a pretty vague response. They started my background investigation in July, so I’m going on about 4 months now.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Alex it took me 1 month to get green on CASS for BI after meeting my BI.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11114 users online. 363 members and 10751 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X