Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was given a tentative selection for a specific port but my military unit had to deploy so I am on hold until I get back. I am wondering if they have to hold that position for me or not due to USERRA laws... I still have the poly and drug test to complete.

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Krash777 they wont dq based on military leave but certain parts of the process are only good for so long so if its an extended deployment you might have to retake parts of it

• So, my medical got cleared faster than what I expected. I took my medical exam on 8/13/18...I then went into medical review...Got my additional review packet on 10/1/18...Emailed my signed packet on 10/2/18 and on Friday 10/5/18 I got cleared from medical. I’m under the 18-10...I was trying to add my progress time line like most of yawl but I can't seem to find how to do it lol. Crossing fingers, I get a poly date this upcoming week...

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      When medical shows as “completed” on CASS, does that mean one has been medically cleared? Or medical is looking at your file?

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Done with medical if you got the green check marked, 1ridgerunner7

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it, thanks. I thought a second set of eyes has to evaluate it before you get the " go ahead".

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my scheduled poly email right now.

• Originally posted by Foxx310 View Post
    I now believe it is based on geographic location, I've been flying through this process. I live deep in South Texas about 45mins from Mexico and there's a check point an hour north from where I live. According to the SI interviewers they are hurting for people right now and since I live here in the area, I'm more than likely going to pick to stay here if I make it to area negotiation, rather than someone who lives in an up north state...There was a female a couple months back on here who went through the process in under 5 months and she also lives in my area.
    Hi! I’m guessing we are from the same area I got through the process in about 5 months and was hoping to be offered here close to home, closest they gave me was Laredo. I applied under 18-6 DH with Roma being an option, I was told nope it’s full and they weren’t offering me anything else in our area. I hope you are able to get something close to home. Did you select to take your poly here? I’ve heard and experienced not so great things here with it so I took mine in dallas.

Comment

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      vik2500 Im in the edinburg area, closer to the falfurrias checkpoint, crossing fingers I get that site or if not anywhere here in the valley. I had my SI here in the HQ of edinburg. I'm under direct hire, I don't know what that means though.
      I haven't received the poly set up email, so you recommend to take my poly up north?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 13 months and waiting. Not everyone gets through in 5 months and timelines are not based on geographical areas. Everyone is different.

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I just received my poly date email right now.

• Anyone know a contact email for the poly. Just curious if there is one or not. Thanks

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent it on the 3rd so probably anyday for a reply

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I have not taken my poly yet. I just got cleared by medreview after 7 months so was just wondering how long the wait would be for poly... just curious as to a way to contact them. Figure I have at least a 3 month wait which sucks but is what it is.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      IACADSCHEDULING@cbp.dhs.gov, trying this one today, still haven't heard nothing from the other email i sent out on the 3rd

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got cleared from meds review on Friday, after a 2 month med review wait. Just now I received my poly date for this month.

• I’m so happy to be moving along as fast as others! I have my e-qip, background(in progress), medical completed, and I have my structured interview this week. On my CASS it says drug testing in progress but I have yet to get a date yet, any ideas? Also when will I have my poly? Do you guys think having a recent investigation and an ajudication of secret would help move the process faster?

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dont believe the in process

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're drug and poly will say in progress for a while, it wont be in no week time frame if thats what you are asking.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I moved pretty fast at the beginning too but like everyone else, stuck at Poly. It has been few months since. So don't hope Poly and drug test to be fast. There is no secret to help the process move fast, it depends on your luck, your announcement and your locations. Their hiring process is so inconsistent ... There is no timeline for the process... I've seen process took anywhere from 5 months to 2 years....

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure my physical, Medical and SI i had complete all in a month and a half. Where i got stuck was in Med Review and Poly.

• Anyone 18-8 DH got poly scheduled yet?

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      We all just sitting & waiting. The normal 2-3 months is like 4-6 months because of those expedited hiring expos they been having.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 I feel you D,

• Foxx310
      Foxx310 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm under 18-10..I just received an email for poly scheduling later this month.

• Does anyone know the requirement/qualifications for the GS-9 waiver?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP Officer Resume Aid Documenting Your Qualifications for the GS-9:

There are three (3) ways to qualify for the CBP Officer position at the GS-9 grade level: specialized experience, graduate education, or combination of specialized experience.

1. Documenting Specialized Experience for CBPO GS-9

You must clearly demonstrate that you have one (1) year of full-time (35 + hours per week) specialized work experience, comparable in level of difficulty and responsibility to grade GS-7 in the federal service; part-time work will be prorated. On your resume, provide detailed examples of your work experience that addresses one of the two elements listed below. DO NOT USE JOB DESCRIPTIONS OR TRAINING. Make sure to include all of your work experience on your resume even if you don’t feel it addresses the elements below.
      Be sure to include hours per week.

Element 1: Extensive duties in importing and exporting merchandise
      Experience must demonstrate the ability to make rapid, accurate judgments and decisions with respect to the application of regulations, instructions, and procedures for importing and exporting merchandise to and from the United States.
      OR
      Element 2: Admission of travelers
      Experience must demonstrate the ability to enforce and administer laws relating to the right of persons to enter, reside in, or depart from the United States.

Sample resume format for EACH job provided:

Place of Employment
      Job Title:
      From (mm/dd/yy): To (mm/dd/yy):
      Hours per week: Salary:
      Duties: Provide examples of your duties, accomplishments and related Skills.

2. Or Documenting Graduate Education for CBPO GS-9

You must have completed two years of graduate level education beyond a bachelor’s degree (or expect to complete within 9 months from the closing date of the announcement) (e.g., criminology, criminal justice, homeland security, justice studies, law enforcement, courts and judicial systems, forensic technology, forensic psychology, corrections and rehabilitation). Two years of graduate education is the number of credit hours determined by your school to represent two years of graduate level coursework. If that information is not available 36 semester hours, or 54 quarter hours is considered equivalent to 2 years of graduate level education

Sample resume format for EACH school attended:

College Name(s) # of Semester Hours Completed # of Quarter Hours Completed Degree Earned Month/Year Awarded

NOTE: Education obtained from a foreign university is not creditable unless evaluated by a private credential evaluation service as recognized by the Department of Education; such as a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services http://www.naces.org/.
      Education must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.

3. Or Documenting a Combination of Specialized Experience and Graduate Education for GS-9

If you do not qualify based on education or experience, you may be able to qualify based on a combination of your experience and education.
      •To determine your percentage of qualifying experience, you must divide your total number of qualifying months by 12.
      •• To calculate your percentage of graduate education, divide the number of graduate semester hours by 36, or graduate quarter hours by 54.
      •Add your percentages; the total must be at least 100% for you to qualify under the combination of experience and education.

Example: 9 months of specialized experience (9 months divided by 12 months = .75 or 9 months experience) 9 semester hours of graduate education (9 semester hours divided by 36 = .25 graduate education) Combine .75 + .25 = 1.00 or 100%

If using education to qualify, documentation must be submitted in English.
      You must provide copies of transcripts for any undergraduate colleges attended and any qualifying graduate coursework completed prior to the close of the announcement.
      Official transcripts will be requested from you if/when they are required

• Once you take your polygraph, what is the average time taken to have heard if you passed/failed?

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Right away usually. The examiner would let you know what or how they think you did.

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      this is my week # 6 waiting on my final result , no one has called me or contacted me. DHS says that they are still waiting on my results too

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      They are very inconsistent... so there is no real timeline... everybody is different... maybe the examiner will verbally give you a pass... that will relief a lot...

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Joshwhity my examiner told me I passed after the poly. A week later he e-mailed me and told me QC agreed. Went green on CASS the next day.

• week # 6 waiting on my polygraph results . IACAD does not answer my emails , DHS says they don't have them yet . It really sucks to not know whats going on .

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get a verbal pass from examiner? or anything from examiner? when I take it, I will definitely ask them after the exam... I want to know what to expect.... puma
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-08-2018, 05:38 PM.

• It’s been a month since my Bi submitted my background and I sent out an email asking for an update and was told it has progressed to the personnel security process I was also told this before I met with the BI. Anyone else been told that about their background after it’s been submitted?

Comment

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      My Bi kept in contact with me through out the investigation and he told me to contact him a few days after he finish the investigation and that’s when he told me he had submitted.

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering about the steps as well. I am 18-3 and am waiting on my background and drug test. I emailed inquiring on the status of my background and was told it was in the Personnel Security process as well. I never met with a BI, however. I am a current Fed employee with a background, so not sure if that has to do with anything?

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jgonz383 how many times did you meet with your BI?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      My background was submitted over a month ago. Who did you contact and was told that it was with personal security? All I was told is that mine is being reviewed by OPM.

• Well, in my update from Medical Review today, they said my file "is currently being reviewed" which seems slightly different than the usual "awaiting review." Could just be different wording for the same thing, but here's hoping it means they're FINALLY actually looking at my file, 12 weeks after my last submission, and 24 weeks overall.

Comment

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      my medical review took a couple days to clear.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jgonz383- we hate you for saying that hahaha i was stuck for 8 months in medical process

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am with Jgonz383 my medical took 1 week, if that. That is the reason I asked above as to how would you know if you have cleared medical.

• SimpleLifeCA
      SimpleLifeCA commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, mine changed too and I was just wondering the same thing. Looks like we're in the same boat as the process go. Fingers crossed.

• In regards to the BI, My investigator hasn't reached out to me to inform me that he has submitted his investigation (met with him a month ago) but all of my references have received a survey about him. Is this an indication that he has submitted his paperwork?

Comment

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eagle91 Depending on your BI investigator (squared away or not), they will keep you informed throughout the process. It sounds to me that he hasn't been keeping you up to date with your progress. I would contact the facilitator if I were you. Hope this helps.

• Completed my medical screen today and have my SI scheduled for next week. I applied back in April under the VRA 18-6 post. It's good to see the process is just as unorganized for everyone else.

Comment

• I met with my BI Aug 9th. Another one contacted me on Aug 13th with a question. On Aug 28th, a different investigator visited a reference, my residence, and my workplace. Haven't heard anything since. Does this warrant an e-mail to my case manager?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I meet my investigator once. Another investigator reached out to my contacts in my home state, but I meet with the lead investigator for an interview. Lasted about two and a half hours. He then meet with all my past and current employers and submitted file the day after interview. Said everything went well and looked good. Have not heard anything in 6 weeks from anyone. Not sure if that means anything. If they didn't have to contact me again because they didn't find any discrepancies or not.

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 Same thing here. Told me they were finishing up in my home state. Haven't heard anything since. Most likely been submitted for adjudication. Good luck to you.

• Is there anyone here going to or currently at the Alexandria bay New York port

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been there. Many years ago.

• Eme1357
        Eme1357 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied for there, only waiting on background to clear. I even did the drug test.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11584 users online. 430 members and 11154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X