Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STARCBPO View Post
    Hello!

What happens on 1st day of joining CBP? Signing up some forms, getting your PIV card... is what I'm guessing? Anyone has any idea?

Comment

• Anyone from 17-4 announcement??
      Last edited by Far16; 10-05-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        17-4?? yikes, I thought I was one of the dinosaur announcements by being a 17-10. Where are you in the process? If you don’t mind me asking.

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I finally done wait for January 23 is my EOD. It took long enough but I’m finally got through this whole process. What about you.

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        Still waiting on background to clear. I’m also waiting for my drug test to be scheduled. Congrats on having an EOD

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks good luck

• Ok so funny story just to cut the tension....

When I was a young BP agent about two years off of a two year probationary period (back when they did those), the Patrol came out with Northern Border announcements back in 2010. They would hire folks under the announcement and then place them at southern border station for like 6 months (give or take) to get some SWB experience . I was partnering with one of the Northern Border agents (sort of in a journeyman capacity) one day, and he said that he thought he applied to and was hired with OFO! He didn't realize that BP was a separate agency! He actually though BP was the SRT (SWAT) component of OFO! He was under this impression until he arrived at our station three months prior. This guy went through the hiring process, the on-boarding process, and the academy thinking he was with OFO! At first I thought he was joking, but his vacant expression told me that he was not! I think he is in management now!
      OUT!!

Comment

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he finally realize that and went rampage few weeks ago killing couple people lol ? Radio Raheem
        To cut the tension, are you in management as well? since he was your partner?

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Never in management and I'm not in BP anymore.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It continually amazes me how bad CBP consistantly is at recruiting. Why don't they put together some sort of overview that explains to the applicant pool just who we are and what we do?

It also amazes me that most DHS agencies have basically no formal training in anything dealing with the historical relevancies, the "whys", the "big picture" as to how we are where we are now and how we got here. Related, look at how many current employees don't understand basic, important sub-functions like retirement, pay systems, and other common place rules and regulations that regularly impact our work life?

The amount of inaccurate and
        willfully flawed perceptions that exist in DHS astounds me. It's like nobody wants to know the truth. Nobody wants to hear the truth, just give me the convenient lie and let me go back to guzzling the Koolaid.

• Anybody here 18-8 VRA? I'm currently waiting for my medical to clear after a follw up exam.

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        38% club waiting on medical

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Luckyjack90, i believe you will pass the medical but i believe your process will be like mine at 8 month hold deal. my medical was 12/2017-07/2018

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Luckyjack90, i believe you will pass the medical but i believe your process will be like mine at 8 month hold deal. my medical was 12/2017-07/2018

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment

• How does overtime work with OFO? Is it simply double time for anything over 8 hours or is it like LEAP? Also are there accelerated promotion?
      Last edited by Radio Raheem; 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM.
      OUT!!

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's double time OT for anything over 8 hours daily or 40 hours a week unless one works an AWS schedule.

With an AWS schedule it would be anything over 80 hours in a pay period.

It is nothing like LEAP in that no overtime is guaranteed. There are ports that offer less than 4K in overtime and ports that offer over 40K in overtime. Generally, larger ports and southern ports have the most OT.

Sundays pay 50% differential. Midnights pay 20% differential. Evenings pay 15% differential.
        Holidays pay 100% differential. None of the differentials are retirement-creditable...unlike LEAP.

There are accelerated promotions. There are a bunch of former PAs on Delphi Forums who can talk you through the particulars of that.

• My background investigation has been submitted for about two months now. By a few of the other timelines I’ve seen here, that seems like a bit longer than average. Does anyone know who to reach out to, to get information about your own background investigation in this step of the process? I’m starting to wonder if it wasn’t submitted properly or something.

Comment

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        JStyleszx 18-2

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        2 months is nothing for a background. Typical is 4-6 months minimum. People only move faster if they chose to move on while their background is pending with provisional clear

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheridan1 I understand that. What I stated was that the background investigation part is complete and it has already been submitted. I did chose provisinal clear.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with Kli0, Background takes 2-4 months. I'm at for 6 weeks. But through following on here it seems the average is 4-8 weeks so I'm not sure what the deal is. I selected provisional and have not heard anything. What is concerning to me is most people are getting called for drug test while background is in process. Some are even getting the call while their backgrounds are in process. Seems as if everything has slowed way down.

• congratulations!!!

Comment

• Can someone explain to me the retirement and what percentage we will be able to get?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          1.7% for each year of the first 20 years.(34%) 1% for any year over 20 years. Calculated currently at high-three salary. Overtime, if you can get it, is retirement creditable up to 50% of the statutory cap...at the moment 45K(22.5K). None of the differential pays are retirement creditable.

Retirement after 20 years at age 50 or 25 years any age.

Unless a person falls into one of the exceptions, mandated retirement at age 57.

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 which isn’t bad. Now, how is LEAP calculated into that? Or does it just raise the salary and that’s it?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPOs don't receive LEAP.

If we're talking some other job series, take base pay plus locality and add in the LEAP figure. Also a high three calculation.

• The pension is but one of the "three-legged stool" you should rest your retirement on. Social Security and the TSP plan are the other two legs. Max out early on the TSP and build a healthy 1 million plus TSP balance before retirement and live comfortably ever after.

Comment

• I was given a tentative selection for a specific port but my military unit had to deploy so I am on hold until I get back. I am wondering if they have to hold that position for me or not due to USERRA laws... I still have the poly and drug test to complete.

Comment

• solo1
            solo1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Krash777 they wont dq based on military leave but certain parts of the process are only good for so long so if its an extended deployment you might have to retake parts of it

• So, my medical got cleared faster than what I expected. I took my medical exam on 8/13/18...I then went into medical review...Got my additional review packet on 10/1/18...Emailed my signed packet on 10/2/18 and on Friday 10/5/18 I got cleared from medical. I’m under the 18-10...I was trying to add my progress time line like most of yawl but I can't seem to find how to do it lol. Crossing fingers, I get a poly date this upcoming week...

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            When medical shows as “completed” on CASS, does that mean one has been medically cleared? Or medical is looking at your file?

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Done with medical if you got the green check marked, 1ridgerunner7

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it, thanks. I thought a second set of eyes has to evaluate it before you get the " go ahead".

• Foxx310
            Foxx310 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my scheduled poly email right now.

• Originally posted by Foxx310 View Post
          I now believe it is based on geographic location, I've been flying through this process. I live deep in South Texas about 45mins from Mexico and there's a check point an hour north from where I live. According to the SI interviewers they are hurting for people right now and since I live here in the area, I'm more than likely going to pick to stay here if I make it to area negotiation, rather than someone who lives in an up north state...There was a female a couple months back on here who went through the process in under 5 months and she also lives in my area.
          Hi! I’m guessing we are from the same area I got through the process in about 5 months and was hoping to be offered here close to home, closest they gave me was Laredo. I applied under 18-6 DH with Roma being an option, I was told nope it’s full and they weren’t offering me anything else in our area. I hope you are able to get something close to home. Did you select to take your poly here? I’ve heard and experienced not so great things here with it so I took mine in dallas.

Comment

• Foxx310
            Foxx310 commented
            Editing a comment
            vik2500 Im in the edinburg area, closer to the falfurrias checkpoint, crossing fingers I get that site or if not anywhere here in the valley. I had my SI here in the HQ of edinburg. I'm under direct hire, I don't know what that means though.
            I haven't received the poly set up email, so you recommend to take my poly up north?

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 13 months and waiting. Not everyone gets through in 5 months and timelines are not based on geographical areas. Everyone is different.

• Foxx310
            Foxx310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29 I just received my poly date email right now.

• Anyone know a contact email for the poly. Just curious if there is one or not. Thanks

Comment

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sent it on the 3rd so probably anyday for a reply

• txm44
            txm44 commented
            Editing a comment
            No I have not taken my poly yet. I just got cleared by medreview after 7 months so was just wondering how long the wait would be for poly... just curious as to a way to contact them. Figure I have at least a 3 month wait which sucks but is what it is.

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            [email protected], trying this one today, still haven't heard nothing from the other email i sent out on the 3rd

• Foxx310
            Foxx310 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got cleared from meds review on Friday, after a 2 month med review wait. Just now I received my poly date for this month.

• I’m so happy to be moving along as fast as others! I have my e-qip, background(in progress), medical completed, and I have my structured interview this week. On my CASS it says drug testing in progress but I have yet to get a date yet, any ideas? Also when will I have my poly? Do you guys think having a recent investigation and an ajudication of secret would help move the process faster?

Comment

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont believe the in process

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're drug and poly will say in progress for a while, it wont be in no week time frame if thats what you are asking.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I moved pretty fast at the beginning too but like everyone else, stuck at Poly. It has been few months since. So don't hope Poly and drug test to be fast. There is no secret to help the process move fast, it depends on your luck, your announcement and your locations. Their hiring process is so inconsistent ... There is no timeline for the process... I've seen process took anywhere from 5 months to 2 years....

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure my physical, Medical and SI i had complete all in a month and a half. Where i got stuck was in Med Review and Poly.

• Anyone 18-8 DH got poly scheduled yet?

Comment

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            We all just sitting & waiting. The normal 2-3 months is like 4-6 months because of those expedited hiring expos they been having.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            DP23 I feel you D,

• Foxx310
            Foxx310 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm under 18-10..I just received an email for poly scheduling later this month.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5746 users online. 257 members and 5489 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X