Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question is intended for Disabled Veterans who have been through medical. I am at 60%...did medical today and was signed off. Now, for those who have had to submit additional paperwork, when did you get informed that you needed to submit that paperwork? My doc said I should be fine physically as long as I keep stretching, and signed all the papers and I was done. No concerns from the doc as far as my disability rating and injuries.

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Im at 70% disability and i went to the va to get my stuff signed off, including depression, he stated no restrictions and able to perform law enforcement duties

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also went to the VA for my disability ratings for my follow up medical exam. I got the paper work done within a few days of DHS saying I needed to submit more paperwork and I mailed my VA medical records a few days after that. I also had to do another hearing exam but that also got done very quickly.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the people who went to the VA, please keep me updated if your rating drops. I have heard this being done before.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      raptor170- i heard the same thing, thats why i went to my private doctors and paid out of pocket.

• Took the poly, at the end he Pulled me back into the room and said he I might have to come back. This is my second poly in general. First for them. But I passed one for a local department 2 months ago. He said he wants me to come back but it’s up to QC and will be in contact with me shortly.

What are your thoughts? Do you think he was serious about having me come back ?

I felt very confident until the end when he started to say that.
    Last edited by Joshwhity; 10-06-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Josh, Mine told me flat out that I have passed except for one minor part. And he told me that they might call me back for that little part and you will be in and out. It would be all up to QC but for him I passed so. As long as they didn't say you fail you have good chance of coming back and taking it again. I wish you all the best.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have taken 2 polys and both time they told me i failed when i had passed. Its a way for them to get you to admit stuff wouldnt be too worried.

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happen to me almost the same exact way.. waited 2 weeks and saw I passed good luck

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      They are trying to scare you into admitting something you didn’t tell them, it’s a card trick

• * JUST AN UPDATE*

Today I am at 100% on the CASS!! Everything is green! Wish you all the best guys!! God Bless!

Comment

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      congratulation!!

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes! congrats man.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!! Both

• Does anyone know the fax number for TSU

Comment

• Question for whoever may know or has been through it. While attending your EOD training, also understanding every port is different. What is the uniform for EOD? Is it suit every day (I’m a guy so.. ya lol) or some sort of business casual?

Comment

• J.C29
        J.C29 commented
        Editing a comment
        At my port we wore a suit on the first day, then business casual every other day (slacks and a button up shirt).

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know I hope not , but haven’t seen anything or read anything on the websites

• Currently waiting for the Polly as many of you guys are, keep this in mind; The people on Page 1 of this Forum Thread are getting ready for retirement... time will fly

Comment

• Originally posted by STARCBPO View Post
        Hello!

What happens on 1st day of joining CBP? Signing up some forms, getting your PIV card... is what I'm guessing? Anyone has any idea?

Comment

• Anyone from 17-4 announcement??
          Last edited by Far16; 10-05-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            17-4?? yikes, I thought I was one of the dinosaur announcements by being a 17-10. Where are you in the process? If you don’t mind me asking.

• Far16
            Far16 commented
            Editing a comment
            I finally done wait for January 23 is my EOD. It took long enough but I’m finally got through this whole process. What about you.

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            Still waiting on background to clear. I’m also waiting for my drug test to be scheduled. Congrats on having an EOD

• Far16
            Far16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks good luck

• Ok so funny story just to cut the tension....

When I was a young BP agent about two years off of a two year probationary period (back when they did those), the Patrol came out with Northern Border announcements back in 2010. They would hire folks under the announcement and then place them at southern border station for like 6 months (give or take) to get some SWB experience . I was partnering with one of the Northern Border agents (sort of in a journeyman capacity) one day, and he said that he thought he applied to and was hired with OFO! He didn't realize that BP was a separate agency! He actually though BP was the SRT (SWAT) component of OFO! He was under this impression until he arrived at our station three months prior. This guy went through the hiring process, the on-boarding process, and the academy thinking he was with OFO! At first I thought he was joking, but his vacant expression told me that he was not! I think he is in management now!
          OUT!!

Comment

• TonyJones
            TonyJones commented
            Editing a comment
            Did he finally realize that and went rampage few weeks ago killing couple people lol ? Radio Raheem
            To cut the tension, are you in management as well? since he was your partner?

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            Never in management and I'm not in BP anymore.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            It continually amazes me how bad CBP consistantly is at recruiting. Why don't they put together some sort of overview that explains to the applicant pool just who we are and what we do?

It also amazes me that most DHS agencies have basically no formal training in anything dealing with the historical relevancies, the "whys", the "big picture" as to how we are where we are now and how we got here. Related, look at how many current employees don't understand basic, important sub-functions like retirement, pay systems, and other common place rules and regulations that regularly impact our work life?

The amount of inaccurate and
            willfully flawed perceptions that exist in DHS astounds me. It's like nobody wants to know the truth. Nobody wants to hear the truth, just give me the convenient lie and let me go back to guzzling the Koolaid.

• Anybody here 18-8 VRA? I'm currently waiting for my medical to clear after a follw up exam.

Comment

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            38% club waiting on medical

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Luckyjack90, i believe you will pass the medical but i believe your process will be like mine at 8 month hold deal. my medical was 12/2017-07/2018

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Luckyjack90, i believe you will pass the medical but i believe your process will be like mine at 8 month hold deal. my medical was 12/2017-07/2018

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment

• How does overtime work with OFO? Is it simply double time for anything over 8 hours or is it like LEAP? Also are there accelerated promotion?
          Last edited by Radio Raheem; 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM.
          OUT!!

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's double time OT for anything over 8 hours daily or 40 hours a week unless one works an AWS schedule.

With an AWS schedule it would be anything over 80 hours in a pay period.

It is nothing like LEAP in that no overtime is guaranteed. There are ports that offer less than 4K in overtime and ports that offer over 40K in overtime. Generally, larger ports and southern ports have the most OT.

Sundays pay 50% differential. Midnights pay 20% differential. Evenings pay 15% differential.
            Holidays pay 100% differential. None of the differentials are retirement-creditable...unlike LEAP.

There are accelerated promotions. There are a bunch of former PAs on Delphi Forums who can talk you through the particulars of that.

• My background investigation has been submitted for about two months now. By a few of the other timelines I’ve seen here, that seems like a bit longer than average. Does anyone know who to reach out to, to get information about your own background investigation in this step of the process? I’m starting to wonder if it wasn’t submitted properly or something.

Comment

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            JStyleszx 18-2

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            2 months is nothing for a background. Typical is 4-6 months minimum. People only move faster if they chose to move on while their background is pending with provisional clear

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sheridan1 I understand that. What I stated was that the background investigation part is complete and it has already been submitted. I did chose provisinal clear.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with Kli0, Background takes 2-4 months. I'm at for 6 weeks. But through following on here it seems the average is 4-8 weeks so I'm not sure what the deal is. I selected provisional and have not heard anything. What is concerning to me is most people are getting called for drug test while background is in process. Some are even getting the call while their backgrounds are in process. Seems as if everything has slowed way down.

• congratulations!!!

Comment

• Can someone explain to me the retirement and what percentage we will be able to get?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              1.7% for each year of the first 20 years.(34%) 1% for any year over 20 years. Calculated currently at high-three salary. Overtime, if you can get it, is retirement creditable up to 50% of the statutory cap...at the moment 45K(22.5K). None of the differential pays are retirement creditable.

Retirement after 20 years at age 50 or 25 years any age.

Unless a person falls into one of the exceptions, mandated retirement at age 57.

• raptor170
              raptor170 commented
              Editing a comment
              merlin436 which isn’t bad. Now, how is LEAP calculated into that? Or does it just raise the salary and that’s it?

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              CBPOs don't receive LEAP.

If we're talking some other job series, take base pay plus locality and add in the LEAP figure. Also a high three calculation.

• The pension is but one of the "three-legged stool" you should rest your retirement on. Social Security and the TSP plan are the other two legs. Max out early on the TSP and build a healthy 1 million plus TSP balance before retirement and live comfortably ever after.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8142 users online. 352 members and 7790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X