Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-11.. But reapplied for 19-1 ( Queens )

There’s not way to switch locations if i was to finish my 18-11? No one ever had the chance to ?

Comment

• JStyleszx
      JStyleszx commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn’t direct hire, Thanks for the info guys. I can cancel my 19-1 Application now

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm direct hire but my posting also says location negotiable.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 negotiable within the southern border lol.. I've completed all the steps.. just waiting on the call for my DH 18-7 announcement, I'll ask for the newly posted JFK in 19-1 to try my luck.. i'm looking at it as wouldnt they just rather place a person somewhere of their choice (if it's available) than to not give them at all? Wasted time and money on the agency's part. but thats just my opinion.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      @ moby if you only have DH application going on then they will not offer you JFK. But I seen strange things happened and they might give it to you. Or they will tell you to reapply.

• received an email this morning, notified my record has been placed on hold for selective service verification. Is there anyone knows how long going to take for this kind of issue to be clear? Thanks!

Comment

• Lhbc21
      Lhbc21 commented
      Editing a comment
      TESLA3 are you registered for Selective Services?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry to tell you but one of my friends has been in selective service verification for about 4 months now, just like medical review, any type of "review" takes the super long. he was reaching out all the time and was getting generic responses although the last one that he got was more positive and they told him they were working on him for him to get a waiver so at least he is no just waiting hopelessly now.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lhbc21 I came to the US at my age 30, already pass the requested age.

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 Thank you for the information, wish your friend good luck!!

• Lhbc21 I came to the US at my age 30, already pass the requested age.
    Last edited by TESLA3; 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Receive a general email today from OPR asking for my name and number poly date coming soon

Comment

• So if there is a chance to get an airport, that may be what I'm leaning towards the airport. What are the duties of a cbpo in an airport. Is there more than just check I id's and passports?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          Luggage searches, some K9 units if you want that. I'm still an applicant myself, from what I've heard from current CBPOs though is that work at a land border crossing is much exciting/interesting overall when compared to an airport. On the other hand though, airport work is much 'easier' and in a better work environment than at the border. In an airport, you're more like a TSA officer with a gun. It's a very controlled environment and everyone you encounter has already been though some level of security. At the border, you don't know who or what is driving up in a vehicle or walking across the bridge. That's more 'typical' law enforcement work.

Personally if I had a choice, I would prefer an airport. Being inside a nice air conditioned building all day with plenty of food options and an overall safer environment sounds more appealing than standing out in a little booth in 100+ degree heat breathing in car fumes in the middle of nowhere all day long.

• TonyJones
          TonyJones commented
          Editing a comment
          Watch Homeland Border Security USA show , you will see what they do... TSA, BP, CBPO, ICE Hal29

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Border Security on Netflix shows you everything they do from ports to Airports etc. It's like 28 episodes & a really good series.

• Hi I’m new to this forum but was wondering if anyone knows if you reapply to new job announcement will the test score transfer over even tough I took it prior to August when the updated the test. Please let me know thank you

Comment

• TonyJones
          TonyJones commented
          Editing a comment
          If you took it before August 5th, It won't transfer over. You would have to retake

• If u reapply to new announcement will it void your previous application?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          You can have a Direct Hire and a "regular" announcement active at the same time. If you apply to a second announcement of the same kind though yes it overrides it.

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good to know N.N. I'm currently in progress with DH 18-7 and I recently applied to the newly CBPO 19-1. I'm glad that it doesn't erase the other..

• Medical 10/4/18, SI 10/18/18 and Poly 10/19/18. Keep it rolling!

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 18-4 and still crickets on the polygraph front.

• raptor170
          raptor170 commented
          Editing a comment
          solo1 - Have you had SI yet? I haven't even spoke with a BI yet.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          1RidgeRunner7- I can tell you from the recruiters i have talked to and some new recruits at the Veteran Job fairs i go to all tell me the same thing, Veterans have more options. They told me VRA route puts you on the job-list as we are on the DHS seniority over new guys.

So we are taken off the list for Southern Border and can request anywhere including the northern border. They said that the list to choose from average from 20-40 different spots and if its not something we want ask to where you wanna go and they can check for availability. The recruiters also said the hiring people will tell other applicants that there is no spots but if you are a veteran they will try extra hard to find that spot at it or near it. I take the recruiter words for face value but i talk to actual employees for DHS at the airports and stuff and they told me the same thing so i kinda started believing them now.

• 1RidgeRunner7
          1RidgeRunner7 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 thanks for the info. Ive been wanting to make rounds around the airport here and speak with someone that is on the job in my area. Might do that next week when I fly out of town. Hopefully I get to see someone on the job walking around.

• Well, tomorrow officially marks 120 days since passing my SI and still not a peep on the poly. Think it's pretty safe to say my process is now moving far slower than average.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06, trying not to, I have a bad feeling I'm not even going to be placed into the scheduling for poly until after my medical is finished and I'm still waiting on that

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that's a little ridiculous!

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          52 days from si so far, 79 days from medical, which im still waiting for review of additional information 18 days so far lmao

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          I did message equip about my poly and background updates 3 days ago no word yet.

• Update poly date scheduled for the 15th!!! I’m hype

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Bro!!

• Bam9911
          Bam9911 commented
          Editing a comment
          Josel1992 Woohoo!!! Congrats!! What city are you taking it in??

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m taking it in Valley Stream NY

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Josel1992 That's where I did mine. You'll do fine... especially if it's the same examiner I had.. Just follow his directions and answer honestly..

• Double .....

Comment

• **JUST UPDATING YOU GUYS **

Alright so I just got the offer call for my DH 18-7 announcement.

GS 7 with an EOD of Feb 22nd, 2019 and Academy dates at Brunswick, GA (formerly Glynco) of March 9th, 2019 to July 15th, 2019.

I turned it down because I did not realize that DH only went to the SWB, so I re-applied to the new CBPO 19-1 announcement for Queens, NY (JFK).

So for me, total time was about six months from start to finish.
          DH 18-7
          5/04/18: Exam
          5/9/18: NOR
          6/11/18: Medical
          6/12/18: Fitness
          6/20/18: SI
          9/20/18: Polygraph
          9/24/18: BI cleared
          10/02/18: Drug Test
          10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
          10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
          EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
          03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
          10/12/18: Exam
          10/23/18: NOR
          10/29/18: TSL
          11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
          FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• TonyJones
            TonyJones commented
            Editing a comment
            which location they offered you? mobyfish

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            @moby did your drug test cleared on CASS?
            Last edited by d2ep; 10-03-2018, 03:44 PM.

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            TonyJones I didn't let her offer me anything.. I asked for JFK.. she said not possible under DH.. so i said I'm good.

d2ep No it did not. I was actually tracking my urine and it's half way back to it's destination... lol

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            @ moby I asked because I waited 3 weeks just to get the results. Today I am officially on the app 100%. Phew!!! Feels GOOD!

• I understand that direct hire is for southern border regions. But like I said mine was location negotiable with other areas as well. I have seen other try and succeed, so I plan on doing that myself. I live in DFW so it would be very beneficial. When I had applied only DH was offered. But also seen in my application and announcement when originally applying saying they had openings in DFW-Oklahoma area. If you want to get technical southwestern region expands through out Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado.....and other states. Just saying...lol. All I'm saying is I'm going to try and see if there is availability and if it may be an option. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse thing is they will say no!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I know when Border Patrol solicits applicants for the South West Border region they mean bordertowns (with the exception of some of the Tuscon Sector and San Diego Sector) but different job...different conditions. I hope you will be able to get what you want.

• Originally posted by Hal29 View Post
          I understand that direct hire is for southern border regions. But like I said mine was location negotiable with other areas as well. I have seen other try and succeed, so I plan on doing that myself. I live in DFW so it would be very beneficial. When I had applied only DH was offered. But also seen in my application and announcement when originally applying saying they had openings in DFW-Oklahoma area. If you want to get technical southwestern region expands through out Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado.....and other states. Just saying...lol. All I'm saying is I'm going to try and see if there is availability and if it may be an option. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse thing is they will say no!
          My DH was loc nego as well... but only with the locations they posted within the announcement.

You're right. It does not hurt to ask at all. Thats what i did when i got the call yesterday and she said the only thing she could offer me was what was listed because it was a Direct Hire announcement.

I turned it down and re-applied to another announcement with the location i want listed. Go ahead and try your luck.
          DH 18-7
          5/04/18: Exam
          5/9/18: NOR
          6/11/18: Medical
          6/12/18: Fitness
          6/20/18: SI
          9/20/18: Polygraph
          9/24/18: BI cleared
          10/02/18: Drug Test
          10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
          10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
          EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
          03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
          10/12/18: Exam
          10/23/18: NOR
          10/29/18: TSL
          11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
          FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            R.R.

That's a GL pay chart. Get used to the idea of GS pay and no Title 5 "LEO" status if you move to OFO.

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            @d2ep...AAAAHHH I see.

@merlin436...So OFO doesn't go by the GL chart? Aren't they 6c law enforcement as far as retirement? I think you have incorrect information there merlin. OFO have been 6c covered for awhile. Those who joined OFO before July of 2008 are not covered.

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Radio raheem

Yes LEO as far as retirement benefits...But as far as pay goes... negative..Merlin is correct

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            R.R.

CBPOs are 12D/6C covered, but they were granted coverage as a stand-alone 1895 series addition in 2008. They aren't defined as "LEOs" under FERS/CSRS retirement and hence, no GL pay. CBPOs hired prior to July of 2008 probably have the best deal of anybody. They have a blended retirement and collect 1% for their time prior to 07/2008 and 1.7% for their time after 07/2008 up to 20 years of covered service. They also face no mandatory retirement.

• Has anyone had experience having to submit a mental health evaluation as 'additional info' for medical? If so, how long did it take to have yours reviewed/get cleared after you submitted it? Trying to find out if those of us in that boat are subject to additional wait times. I heard from another guy that supposedly you have to wait the typical timeframe (several months) for a nurse to review it, then they send it off to their "forensic psychologist" who has to review it and sign off on it as well. I'm at nearly 3 months since submission and no word on any updates yet...

Comment

• goknights
            goknights commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to do a mental health evaluation, among a few other issues. It took about 5 months after I submitted everything for my medical to clear so it may be comming up for you soon

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            goknights, ahh I gotcha, maybe psych evals do take longer, it sounds like other people typically only wait 2-3 months for their additional info to get looked over oh well, guess I probably have another 1-2 months left. Ugh...

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here, my va doc signed off on it with no restrictions and able to perform law enforcement duties, submitted it 9/18/18. Now the waiting game.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7663 users online. 230 members and 7433 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X