Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If u reapply to new announcement will it void your previous application?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      You can have a Direct Hire and a "regular" announcement active at the same time. If you apply to a second announcement of the same kind though yes it overrides it.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good to know N.N. I'm currently in progress with DH 18-7 and I recently applied to the newly CBPO 19-1. I'm glad that it doesn't erase the other..

• Medical 10/4/18, SI 10/18/18 and Poly 10/19/18. Keep it rolling!

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 18-4 and still crickets on the polygraph front.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 - Have you had SI yet? I haven't even spoke with a BI yet.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      1RidgeRunner7- I can tell you from the recruiters i have talked to and some new recruits at the Veteran Job fairs i go to all tell me the same thing, Veterans have more options. They told me VRA route puts you on the job-list as we are on the DHS seniority over new guys.

So we are taken off the list for Southern Border and can request anywhere including the northern border. They said that the list to choose from average from 20-40 different spots and if its not something we want ask to where you wanna go and they can check for availability. The recruiters also said the hiring people will tell other applicants that there is no spots but if you are a veteran they will try extra hard to find that spot at it or near it. I take the recruiter words for face value but i talk to actual employees for DHS at the airports and stuff and they told me the same thing so i kinda started believing them now.

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 thanks for the info. Ive been wanting to make rounds around the airport here and speak with someone that is on the job in my area. Might do that next week when I fly out of town. Hopefully I get to see someone on the job walking around.

• Well, tomorrow officially marks 120 days since passing my SI and still not a peep on the poly. Think it's pretty safe to say my process is now moving far slower than average.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06, trying not to, I have a bad feeling I'm not even going to be placed into the scheduling for poly until after my medical is finished and I'm still waiting on that

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that's a little ridiculous!

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      52 days from si so far, 79 days from medical, which im still waiting for review of additional information 18 days so far lmao

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I did message equip about my poly and background updates 3 days ago no word yet.

• Update poly date scheduled for the 15th!!! I’m hype
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Bro!!

• Bam9911
      Bam9911 commented
      Editing a comment
      Josel1992 Woohoo!!! Congrats!! What city are you taking it in??

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m taking it in Valley Stream NY

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Josel1992 That's where I did mine. You'll do fine... especially if it's the same examiner I had.. Just follow his directions and answer honestly..

• Double .....
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• **JUST UPDATING YOU GUYS **

Alright so I just got the offer call for my DH 18-7 announcement.

GS 7 with an EOD of Feb 22nd, 2019 and Academy dates at Brunswick, GA (formerly Glynco) of March 9th, 2019 to July 15th, 2019.

I turned it down because I did not realize that DH only went to the SWB, so I re-applied to the new CBPO 19-1 announcement for Queens, NY (JFK).

So for me, total time was about six months from start to finish.
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        which location they offered you? mobyfish

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @moby did your drug test cleared on CASS?
        Last edited by d2ep; 10-03-2018, 03:44 PM.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        TonyJones I didn't let her offer me anything.. I asked for JFK.. she said not possible under DH.. so i said I'm good.

d2ep No it did not. I was actually tracking my urine and it's half way back to it's destination... lol

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ moby I asked because I waited 3 weeks just to get the results. Today I am officially on the app 100%. Phew!!! Feels GOOD!

• I understand that direct hire is for southern border regions. But like I said mine was location negotiable with other areas as well. I have seen other try and succeed, so I plan on doing that myself. I live in DFW so it would be very beneficial. When I had applied only DH was offered. But also seen in my application and announcement when originally applying saying they had openings in DFW-Oklahoma area. If you want to get technical southwestern region expands through out Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado.....and other states. Just saying...lol. All I'm saying is I'm going to try and see if there is availability and if it may be an option. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse thing is they will say no!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        I know when Border Patrol solicits applicants for the South West Border region they mean bordertowns (with the exception of some of the Tuscon Sector and San Diego Sector) but different job...different conditions. I hope you will be able to get what you want.

• Originally posted by Hal29 View Post
      I understand that direct hire is for southern border regions. But like I said mine was location negotiable with other areas as well. I have seen other try and succeed, so I plan on doing that myself. I live in DFW so it would be very beneficial. When I had applied only DH was offered. But also seen in my application and announcement when originally applying saying they had openings in DFW-Oklahoma area. If you want to get technical southwestern region expands through out Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado.....and other states. Just saying...lol. All I'm saying is I'm going to try and see if there is availability and if it may be an option. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse thing is they will say no!
      My DH was loc nego as well... but only with the locations they posted within the announcement.

You're right. It does not hurt to ask at all. Thats what i did when i got the call yesterday and she said the only thing she could offer me was what was listed because it was a Direct Hire announcement.

I turned it down and re-applied to another announcement with the location i want listed. Go ahead and try your luck.
      DH 18-7
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/9/18: NOR
      6/11/18: Medical
      6/12/18: Fitness
      6/20/18: SI
      9/20/18: Polygraph
      9/24/18: BI cleared
      10/02/18: Drug Test
      10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
      10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
      EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
      03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
      10/12/18: Exam
      10/23/18: NOR
      10/29/18: TSL
      11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
      FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        R.R.

That's a GL pay chart. Get used to the idea of GS pay and no Title 5 "LEO" status if you move to OFO.

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        @d2ep...AAAAHHH I see.

@merlin436...So OFO doesn't go by the GL chart? Aren't they 6c law enforcement as far as retirement? I think you have incorrect information there merlin. OFO have been 6c covered for awhile. Those who joined OFO before July of 2008 are not covered.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Radio raheem

Yes LEO as far as retirement benefits...But as far as pay goes... negative..Merlin is correct

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        R.R.

CBPOs are 12D/6C covered, but they were granted coverage as a stand-alone 1895 series addition in 2008. They aren't defined as "LEOs" under FERS/CSRS retirement and hence, no GL pay. CBPOs hired prior to July of 2008 probably have the best deal of anybody. They have a blended retirement and collect 1% for their time prior to 07/2008 and 1.7% for their time after 07/2008 up to 20 years of covered service. They also face no mandatory retirement.

• Has anyone had experience having to submit a mental health evaluation as 'additional info' for medical? If so, how long did it take to have yours reviewed/get cleared after you submitted it? Trying to find out if those of us in that boat are subject to additional wait times. I heard from another guy that supposedly you have to wait the typical timeframe (several months) for a nurse to review it, then they send it off to their "forensic psychologist" who has to review it and sign off on it as well. I'm at nearly 3 months since submission and no word on any updates yet...

Comment

• goknights
        goknights commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to do a mental health evaluation, among a few other issues. It took about 5 months after I submitted everything for my medical to clear so it may be comming up for you soon

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        goknights, ahh I gotcha, maybe psych evals do take longer, it sounds like other people typically only wait 2-3 months for their additional info to get looked over oh well, guess I probably have another 1-2 months left. Ugh...

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, my va doc signed off on it with no restrictions and able to perform law enforcement duties, submitted it 9/18/18. Now the waiting game.

• This question is intended for Disabled Veterans who have been through medical. I am at 60%...did medical today and was signed off. Now, for those who have had to submit additional paperwork, when did you get informed that you needed to submit that paperwork? My doc said I should be fine physically as long as I keep stretching, and signed all the papers and I was done. No concerns from the doc as far as my disability rating and injuries.

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Im at 70% disability and i went to the va to get my stuff signed off, including depression, he stated no restrictions and able to perform law enforcement duties

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also went to the VA for my disability ratings for my follow up medical exam. I got the paper work done within a few days of DHS saying I needed to submit more paperwork and I mailed my VA medical records a few days after that. I also had to do another hearing exam but that also got done very quickly.

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        For the people who went to the VA, please keep me updated if your rating drops. I have heard this being done before.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        raptor170- i heard the same thing, thats why i went to my private doctors and paid out of pocket.

• Took the poly, at the end he Pulled me back into the room and said he I might have to come back. This is my second poly in general. First for them. But I passed one for a local department 2 months ago. He said he wants me to come back but it’s up to QC and will be in contact with me shortly.

What are your thoughts? Do you think he was serious about having me come back ?

I felt very confident until the end when he started to say that.
      Last edited by Joshwhity; 10-06-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Josh, Mine told me flat out that I have passed except for one minor part. And he told me that they might call me back for that little part and you will be in and out. It would be all up to QC but for him I passed so. As long as they didn't say you fail you have good chance of coming back and taking it again. I wish you all the best.

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have taken 2 polys and both time they told me i failed when i had passed. Its a way for them to get you to admit stuff wouldnt be too worried.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Happen to me almost the same exact way.. waited 2 weeks and saw I passed good luck

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        They are trying to scare you into admitting something you didn’t tell them, it’s a card trick

• * JUST AN UPDATE*

Today I am at 100% on the CASS!! Everything is green! Wish you all the best guys!! God Bless!

Comment

• TESLA3
        TESLA3 commented
        Editing a comment
        congratulation!!

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes! congrats man.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!! Both

• Does anyone know the fax number for TSU

Comment

• Question for whoever may know or has been through it. While attending your EOD training, also understanding every port is different. What is the uniform for EOD? Is it suit every day (I’m a guy so.. ya lol) or some sort of business casual?

Comment

• J.C29
          J.C29 commented
          Editing a comment
          At my port we wore a suit on the first day, then business casual every other day (slacks and a button up shirt).

• Far16
          Far16 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t know I hope not , but haven’t seen anything or read anything on the websites

• Currently waiting for the Polly as many of you guys are, keep this in mind; The people on Page 1 of this Forum Thread are getting ready for retirement... time will fly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7126 users online. 314 members and 6812 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X