Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1RidgeRunner7 welcome aboard the train sir. It seems as myself and raptor170 are also in the same hiring group. Wish us all good luck and maybe we will all make it to the same FLETC course! What Ports are you guys vying for?

Comment

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      manofstyle04 I am conside Seattle, Alaska and Idaho. I’m more of a fan of cooler weather. How bout yourself?

• 1RidgeRunner7
      1RidgeRunner7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would like to stay in MD. I have considered Chicago, since I have family there. Its too expensive living in Chicago. I would have to make $70k-$80k. I refuse to live in the city, but we can not always get what we want. We’ll see what happens.

• whats the difference between dhs and gs? im pretty sure i applied for gs 7

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      DHS= Department of Homeland Security
      GS= General Schedule =Your pay grade.

• Hey everyone, just a follow up on my progress, I took my poly back in mid July and was told I failed, I was also told they would recommend I get retested. Well I just received an email informing me of a new date to retake my polygraph back in Newark in two weeks from now! Hope I do better this time !

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they verbally told him he failed but it was actually inconclusive. They do that to get further confessions or add pressure to you to confess about something that really isn't an issue. I don't think he actually got notified he failed but I could be wrong.

• rickiebarry
      rickiebarry commented
      Editing a comment
      I took it the third Monday in July I believe the 23rd, I was verbally notified I failed only. I will say this my appointment is at 1pm which i find odd, because last time I had mine at 9am, only thing I could think of is that Mabey they won’t be conducting the entire test again.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok, I thought I took it in July but it was in June. I thought we took it at the same time thats why I asked.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by rickiebarry View Post
      I took it the third Monday in July I believe the 23rd, I was verbally notified I failed only. I will say this my appointment is at 1pm which i find odd, because last time I had mine at 9am, only thing I could think of is that Mabey they won’t be conducting the entire test again.!
      Every time you're retaking the poly, you have to go through every step just like you're taking it for the first time. I know this because I took their poly five times.

• Help!!

I'm currently 75% on DH-18-7 (just waiting on drug test), the new announcement CBPO-19-1 has (queens, the port i really want),

if i were to apply for the new announcement, what would transfer over? Should i apply now, or wait till the end to do do?

can i apply to both simultaneously without withdrawing from one? DH and CBPO?

**UPDATE** 01OCT18

Just got the phone call to walk in and do the drug test for tomorrow . OCT 02, 2018.
    Last edited by mobyfish; 10-01-2018, 10:01 AM. Reason: Drug test Scheduled.
    DH 18-7
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/9/18: NOR
    6/11/18: Medical
    6/12/18: Fitness
    6/20/18: SI
    9/20/18: Polygraph
    9/24/18: BI cleared
    10/02/18: Drug Test
    10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
    10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
    EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
    03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
    10/12/18: Exam
    10/23/18: NOR
    10/29/18: TSL
    11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
    FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• Lhbc21
      Lhbc21 commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish I’m at 50%, SI, Medical, Fitness and Eqip green.. waiting on Polygraph and BI now.. did you apply for 19-1? I’m not too excited to retake the test, at least you are allowed to use a calculator now.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Lhbc21 Yes, i reapplied.. but because website will be under maintenance, I won't receive the email to start the assessments until the 8th,.

really? we can use calculators now?

• TonyJones
      TonyJones commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish yes, you can use a basic calculator now given at the test site.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      TonyJones thats great news... thanks

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
    Did your medical officially clear? If so, you could probably be done in the next 6-8 months. If you have any medical history and get placed into med review, add a 6 month delay on top of that.
    Yup I passed the medical back in August. I also already have a clearance so I wonder if I really need to take the poly again

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      You can get a possibly get a poly waiver if you've taken one before for another agency?

but i know for sure if you have a TS/SCI clearance and you're a veteran you can get one.. otherwise you have to take the poly.

• Does anyone know after what job post you will need to retake the entrance exam?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Result prior August 5th is invalid. so if reapply 18-11 or later will need to retake the entrance.... Lhbc21

• I’m 18-11 at 50% ... I took my entrance exam 8/1/18, NOR 8/10/18.. so if I reapply for 19-1, do I have to retake the exam? Thanks once again.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You been in the process for a month and your at 50%? How did you manage that?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes more sense. I'm 17-11. 63% just waiting on bi to clear and drug test.

• Lhbc21
      Lhbc21 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I called the hiring center, they started with the new test August 10th so anyone who took it before that date will have to retake when reapplying.

Hal29, yeah surprisingly moving okay for me, Medical,Fitness and SI cleared, EQip held for about 10 days for Selective Services verification, released, turned green last week.. got my NOR August 10th, sitting at 50% now.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I just reapplied for 19-1 today... I would like Queens, NY.

I'm currently in processing for 18-7 with everything but the drug test completed. I have my drug test appointment for tomorrow (Oct 02, 2018). I reached out to someone and they said with the exception of the exam, everything else SHOULD transfer over, but of course

"Please be mindful that at anytime CBP does reserve the right to repeat a step in the process."

I would hope I don't have to repeat anything else other than the exam.

Pray for me y'all..

• Random question about the polygraph for you guys. If you had a beard would you shave or keep it clean ?

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      leave your beard. it does not affect it in anyway

• Im soooo ready for a career change

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Hou33guy

They will also love the fact that you're a CDL holder.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cdl and auto/diesel mechanic, lucky houston dont have a car port. I would love to tear cars apart especially if it gonna be looking for drugs and not have to put it back together lol count me in lol

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Merlin. So do you get a credentials wallet? And do they give you all 4 classes of uniforms or just what you need for your location? Can learn a lot from you. Enjoy reading your posts.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal,

You'll get credentials and a credential case at graduation. There is a standard issue of uniforms at the academy. I am unsure of what they issue today. There is also a contract, currently through VFSOLUTIONS to provide uniform items. They will give you a yearly uniform allowance to spend at VFS.

Airports are pretty notorious for limiting uniform options. Land border ports tend to be the least restrictive.

• Hey guys, finally got my medical to clear for 18-3 jfk. Sitting at 50% was just wondering what’s the wait for poly like. seems like this process is all over the place. I see people who applied to applications way after me sitting waiting for drug test...so just curious

Comment

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow long wait for poly, hope I’m not waiting 5 months to get scheduled

• Bam9911
      Bam9911 commented
      Editing a comment
      dannyboy33 where did you take your polygraph?

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took it in San Diego

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3 JFK too, took SI may 5 waited 4 months to take poly on September 7. took it at Newark NJ.

• Has anyone that applied to 17-11 announcement finished the process or? Or how far you’ve gotten? It’s 11 months and my Polygrpahh is still pending, background in progress, and drug test in progress. I’m sitting at 50% complete. Haven’t heard anything back since July when my medical exam passed.

Comment

• goknights
      goknights commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a 17-10. Everything has cleared besides my background and drug test. I know the investigator has wrapped everything up and turned in my investigation to his company.
      Last edited by goknights; 10-01-2018, 02:19 PM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm at 63%.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-10 @ 63%

• Has anyone had any luck with poly and/or background reciprocity?
    OUT!!

Comment

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a reciprocity for my polygraph.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad it's possible.

• Took polygraph 08/31 , still waiting for my results . Does this mean I failed ?

I was told by the examiner that I showed a reaction on the drug question . Never tried none of that stuff in my life . Said that I looked like I would be a great agent , and thought that I was not lying .
    Asked if I would take another polygraph with him , said yes .
    anyone with the same experience ?
    is it normal to wait this long for a result ??

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait times for results are all over the map from person to person, some people wait just hours, others months. No real way to tell. It also seems the "you showed a reaction to __" is a pretty common tactic. They may just say that to see if they can get you to admit to anything. I wouldn't worry yet.

• HHIsland
      HHIsland commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here! I took mine almost 2 months ago and still nothing. I was told that I had no results in yet. Hang in there! I feel positive about mine but the wait is daunting.

• Well after updating my recruiter on my long medical delay, she ended up reaching out to Med Review on my behalf and apparently they told her they'd see if the Supervisor could have my review 'expedited.' I don't want to get hopes too high, it's been nearly 3 months since I sent additional info and close to 6 months in med review overall, but it's a good sign! Here's hoping I can finally get that green check in CASS!

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. if it truely is first in first out how can yours be "expedited"? Just something to think about from everyone ive seen med review is usually around 4 months from additional just a thought not trying to be negative.
      Last edited by solo1; 10-01-2018, 04:25 PM.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 that makes sense, although from what MED Review told my recruiter (that she then told me) is that files are reviewed in order received “as often as possible.” So based on that, it sounds like what they tell applicants directly, and what happens in reality (and what they say internally) is slightly different. AKA, the “reviewed by date order” thing may be more of a working guideline than hard policy.

I think they basically just copy/paste responses to applicants, but if a recruiter reaches out to them, they actually look into the situation.

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. ahh i dont really want it to seem like im going behind there backs but let us know if it works lol.

• 18-3 50% since May ; waiting on polyyy date

does anyone know if they send me the email and I happen to be away ( which I will for 2 months )

Will I be able to postpone ?
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      you can, once you get the email/or call ( i got an email) for the poly you can request it but given that poly wait is already like 4-5 months are you really willing to go back to wait God knows how much longer? i will say do anything possible to make it to your scheduled date once you get it, but if you cant then do what you gotta do.

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got yes no doubt I will try to make it. I’m asking to know what will happen worse case scenario

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7245 users online. 358 members and 6887 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X