Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone take the test in August hear anything for a GEO in NY?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
      Hey guys, I know this has been asked before and I searched for it but I still can't find a credible source that says the 1.5 mile has changed from 16 mins and 30 seconds to 14 mins. My TO letters says its at 16 mins and 30 secs, so does that mean the time required to run 1.5 mile hasn't changed yet?
      The word at FLETC is that the run time is supposed to change. Now whether they lower it to 14, 15 or whatever I'm not sure, but its suppose to change. I guess a lot of things are changing for CBP here, for example a pursuit driving course is suppose to be coming into play. And they are saying they want to merge ptd, at, and dt into one chunk of instruction. But again who knows.

Comment

• Oh ok about how long does it take about to get to GS-11 ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Good2GoDOC View Post
          Oh ok about how long does it take about to get to GS-11 ??
          Depends what you start at. Gs 5 it will take 3 years. Gs 7 it will take 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
            The word at FLETC is that the run time is supposed to change. Now whether they lower it to 14, 15 or whatever I'm not sure, but its suppose to change. I guess a lot of things are changing for CBP here, for example a pursuit driving course is suppose to be coming into play. And they are saying they want to merge ptd, at, and dt into one chunk of instruction. But again who knows.

Oh man I really hope there is going to be a pursuit driving course because that sounds so fun hahah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
              Anyone take the test in August hear anything for a GEO in NY?
              I tested in Aug Got a TO last week for New York other. Are you talking about NY JFK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                That would be good if they combined it all. My group had pt and dt back to back and it was better just to have to get all sweated up and deal with that locker room once instead of two different times.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                  Hey guys, I know this has been asked before and I searched for it but I still can't find a credible source that says the 1.5 mile has changed from 16 mins and 30 seconds to 14 mins. My TO letters says its at 16 mins and 30 secs, so does that mean the time required to run 1.5 mile hasn't changed yet?
                  The TO's from this summer/fall state 15 minutes for the 1.5 mile run, I was told.

Truthfully, unless you're injured there's not really all that many legitimate reasons why a male can't run the 1.5 mile under 15 minutes. As for females...a bit harder to do, but still well within reach of the motivated.

Comment

• I heard that as of July 2008, CBP officers receive the federal LE 20yr retirement. Is this true? Please only answer is you are an actual CBP officer or know positively.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                      I heard that as of July 2008, CBP officers receive the federal LE 20yr retirement. Is this true? Please only answer is you are an actual CBP officer or know positively.
                      The retirement is 25 years and out, or 20 years service and 50 years old. It can be found here:
                      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...2----000-.html

Our retirement requirements can be found in sub-section d. Congress modified the section to add CBPO's behind nuclear materials courier.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• after the acadamy how hard do you think it is to get in NY....The anoucement last week said FL, DC, TX, and CA...just wondering if there is still a possiblity in getting NY

Comment

• Originally posted by Good2GoDOC View Post
                          after the acadamy how hard do you think it is to get in NY....The anoucement last week said FL, DC, TX, and CA...just wondering if there is still a possiblity in getting NY
                          Well you'll already be assigned to a POE before you go to the academy. If you dont want to be anywhere other than NY for at least 2-3 yrs or maybe ever, dont accept a geo location and go to FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                            I heard that as of July 2008, CBP officers receive the federal LE 20yr retirement. Is this true? Please only answer is you are an actual CBP officer or know positively.
                            Short answer, minus the song and dance...yes.
                            For any new hire, CBPO retirement is exactly the same as any other 12D/6C retirement.

CBPO's on board as of 07/08 recieve a modified retirement. Mostly, that consists of a mandatory retirement age waiver.

Comment

• I have a question. What's a marine interdiction agent? I am interested in CBP and especially in the Washington State area. I looked at usa jobs and saw no openings. How do I go about applying for or finding a job around here?

Comment

• I got the call today for LB, CA. EOD is Dec 15, Flect Jan 14. CASS hotline clear my VBT yesterday. However, online CASS still show Pending. Good luck to everyone out there.
                                CBPO-LB/LA,CA
                                Written: 08/08
                                TO: 09/24/08
                                FLETC CLASS 923

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8306 users online. 419 members and 7887 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X