Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update. I finally got my medical response. I was tentatively disqualified because of visual acuity! HOWEVER. I was given an opportunity to explain how/why i should still be considered based on my experiences. Well I basically drafted a letter explaining that I am currently in law enforcement and Give actual examples of how I go about my duties with my current eye sight. Has anyone else experienced this? And if you did how successful was your response. Thanks
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      gaston how long after you submitted did they make a decision? Also ive heard of a lot of ppl who beat tentative dq so keep your head up

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey maybe this question is stupid... But what's your vision acuity.. I had to submit additional paperwork for color blindness. Been wanting 5 months

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 20/200 vision WITHOUT corrective lenses. Basically something needs to be right in front of of eyes for me to see it, without lenses.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      do you wear glasses?

• Good Afternoon!

Found a forum about CBPO! I was in the process last September for another announcement 17-11 originally chose Boston. But in late May, my recruiter sent out emails about a 18-8 opening in Dulles, VA so I reapplied for the new announcement. Took about a year, but I was provisional cleared (background is currently in process- an investigator already visited my best friend and my sister). I was given an EOD of 2/12/19 to leave to FLETC 2/28/19 in GA with GS-7 about a week ago. I live in Delaware so selected Dulles, VA as my home of port. My husband is currently Active Duty Airforce stationed in Dover. Not sure if any other females have same EOD/FLETC dates that I can maintain contact with just so as time gets closer we can split cost of a boarding somewhere? I know we have a few months to go but wanted to ask.

Also, anyone know the PT criteria for FLETC? Or A link on how to prepare? Obviously been running, lifting weights, sit-ups, pushups, things of that nature!

Appreciate it tons!

Comment

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      The recruiter I've been talking to basically said cardio, cardio, and more cardio. She said the more endurance I have, the better. But other than that, she just told me to keep up with the basics

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey! I EOD a few days before you and I got to FLETC at the same time! I'm also going to Dulles, but I'm moving up from Florida! Its nice to see another female who will be in the same class and port as I am!

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Dcherise18088: Okay awesome! Thank you so much for the information! Appreciate it greatly!
      @Cepstein93: That is awesome! YAYYY same port! So excited. It's been a long time coming! So pumped. Florida where from? I'm from Tampa before the orders to come up to DE.

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm very excited too! I'm from around the West Palm Beach area, but I did my college in Tampa over at USF!

• I emailed the Medreview to ask for an update on the additional medical information i sent in. I got this response

​​​​​​your application is currently under higher level review with our medical review officer. It can take several weeks for updates so please continue to check CASS for ongoing updates

is this good? Or is this just another generic response that they give people??

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I email them 2 days ago just got a email this morning its on the nurse desk under review

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hou33guy that sounds like the same response in a different way lol hopefully we get cleared soon im 3.5 months since i submitted my additional hoping in a month to hear back.

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 its the onlyy part of my application that hasn't cleared yet. everything else is done

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      co5518 its pretty amazing the inconsistency in the process i was told i cant take poly until it clears.

• So I applied for CBPO September last year, got selected for GS5 not GS7. I reapplied under VRA and got selected for GS7. They are both at the same percentage.. only missing medical to clear, background and drug. Does anyone know if I get the CALL.. they will offer me GS7?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Vacancy ID: 2003184

Announcement Number: CBPO DH 17-11

Date of Availability:

Geographic Availability:

Location Negotiable After Selection

Veteran Preference: 0 Points - NV (not adjudicated)

You must meet all medical, suitability, and qualification requirements to be considered for a position.

Spec Code: Spec Title: Grade: Rating:

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 05 76

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 07 76

That is the the email I got with my NOR and scores.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Then this another email I received with my Id. Also a added email for gs5 as well. I mean just give the one you qualify for. If I knew this I would of reapplied for gs7 alone.

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below: Customs and Border Protection Officer; CBPO

DH 17-11

Position Title: Customs and Border Protection Officer (Direct Hire)

Series/Grade:

1895/07

Promotion Potential: 12

Vacancy ID: 2003184

Agency: Customs and Border Protection

Considered For: CBP Frontline Hiring

Duty Location:

This notice is to inform you that you have been tentatively selected to begin the pre-employment process for the position of Customs and

Border Protection Officer, with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). We want to

emphasize that this is only a notification of placement in the pre-employment process based on your tentative selection and you should

not end your current employment based on this letter. Please refer to the information above for your series/grade and duty

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the first one

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 05 76 <---

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 07 76 <---
      You see how you have score next to both 07 and 05 . That means you qualify for both.

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 05 76

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 07 ID <-- this means you do not qualify.
      Last edited by d2ep; 09-29-2018, 02:20 PM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the same emails d2ep , but one said I qualified both GS5 and GS7.. Then the next email they said I qualified for GS5 ?? Do you know why they would pick lower grade for me? I got 84 points on the exam... In case of Hal29, they gave him the higher grade in the second email....

NOR said this
      001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 05 84
      001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 07 84

And email after said this...

Customs and Border Protection Officer (Direct Hire)
      Series/Grade:1895/05
      Customs and Border Protection
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-29-2018, 06:30 PM.

• So is their anyone here who has went thru FLETC already that can give some insight or need to know? I live in texas and the Nearest port of entry is Austin-Bergstrom and I would like to know is there anyone here that can tell me if they have gotten or seen that as a selection. I applied under the 18 VRA posting.

Comment

• Good Day!! Anybody here apart of Announcement 18-8 or 18-7? I just recently passed my poly for CBPO September 10 and anxiously waiting on the next step.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, you are 18-7 and 18-8 and already passed Poly?
      Are you direct hire or Vet or normal announcement ?
      I'm 18-8 DH, been waiting for Poly since August.

• Is anyone in 18-8?
    I did the first three
    test
    medical and physical
    interview & fingerprints.
    Just wondering how long it would take to get a fletc date

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 18-8 DH. Currently waiting on my poly schedule
      Well, you have to wait for Poly first...then depend on your luck, a month or few months later you will get "the call"... to choose your location...then they will give you EOD and Fletc dates...

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your medical officially clear? If so, you could probably be done in the next 6-8 months. If you have any medical history and get placed into med review, add a 6 month delay on top of that.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i have been watching this page alot, I keep seeing the academy dates recently are from 02/14/2019 and up .

• Does anyone know if Alaska is getting a hiring incentive?

Comment

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're not reading that correctly. The following duty locations with the incentives are listed after that sentence. Guam and Anchorage do not have a bonus. Only the Maine, ND, and SF locations do. There's no reason those other locations would get an incentive. Although Alaska should because of the climate

• solo1
      solo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right my bad

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that’s depressing. I’d love to go to Anchorage again but cost of living is really high.

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's high but at least the state has their own pay table, and also no state tax which is a big deal. Also, residents of Alaska get a check every year from the oil reserves or something. Edit: Looking further, there might be a COLA for alaska, there is for Hawaii and Guam. Guam is 20% it looks like. Look under OPM non foreign area COLA. Edit: yep https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...url=COLA-Rates They all do! Guam has post differential + COLA, but can't exceed 25%. So basically they'll get 25% on top of the RUS pay which is pretty good!
      Last edited by Sheridan1; 09-29-2018, 08:32 PM.

• V_AntCBP yeah I’m 18-7 and 18-8 VRA. I took my poly Sep 10 and got a verbal pass at the end of the session and 4 days later my CASS updated with a green check mark for Passed Polygraph. Now I’m just waiting for next step
    Last edited by MikeLawry202; 09-29-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      oh dang, 4 days later you got the result? Thats crazy lucky, I've seen people waited months for the result although they got verbal passed.... Yea, next step is waiting for Background clear and "the call" which they will let you know the fletc and eod dates.... MikeLawry202

• JMontero
      JMontero commented
      Editing a comment
      months? wow my poly results cleared on cass the next day

• How strict are they on the poly? I know many departments will still hire you if you show some deception.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      solo1 Thats what I'm hoping for... Thats why when you mentioned about new poly... I thought they implemented it.. They stated during trials, the results are way better than old one poly... It supposes to be faster poly too.. so more poly can be scheduled because right now one examiner can only exam 1 sometimes 2 applicants per day... Well, fingers crossed for the new poly to be implemented fast...

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      I took the new poly and that was in July.

• AlexTejada23
      AlexTejada23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here took the Poly in July as well.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can tell you the DHS poly was not a hard one to pass. Be honest is the big thing. I have taken Texas DPS poly which was way more intense and passed. DHS poly took me like 2.5 or 3 hours to pass, Texas DPS took me 6 hours ( way more questions). do not listen about the 70% fail rate its not true and if it is then they should fail. I can tell you I have taken 4 different poly's and DHS one was nice and easy.

• D2ep, thanks that makes far more sense.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem anytime

• If you are under the VRA authority and it gives you option of port is it only certain POE that are considered or anyone in your area?

Comment

• So is their anyone here in the CBPO VRA GS-9 18-13 hiring
      phase? Does anyone have any info on how they schedule academy dates? I’m 13 percent completed with medical and Interview this week and background has already started. Based on what I have read those who have had previous investigations and based on the investigator they may push it thru If you have had a recent one.

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-13 VRA GS-9 and have completed SF86 and physical fitness with medical scheduled next week. Not sure how to answer you’re concern but I’d be inclined to believe you are right. If you have had a recent background investigation, you should be good but I’m not certain. No clue about academy dates though.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am CBPO VRA GS-9 18-12. So far I’ve knocked out the medical and pt test out of the way. Equip has been released to opm. I have the SI on Wednesday.

I am curious to see how long will it take to get the poly, if I pass the SI. I am just curious over all to see how long the process for someone under VRA GS9 since they don’t do written test and reciprocity for PT test.

I keep reading some people’s process may be up to 18 months long or longer. Regardless I have nothing but time.
        Last edited by 1RidgeRunner7; 09-30-2018, 09:06 AM.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to give yall a heads up, Im VRA GS9. If you get VA disability you wait just got long. The interview, Physical and board happens really fast ( i did all mine in 2 months) once they submit youre medical it will take for ever. I have VA Rating they made me wait 10 weeks to tell me go see all my doctors and make them sign off. I did sent the paperwork back a week later waited 14 weeks and they requested more info, waited 13 more weeks and then they cleared it. I had to wait 6 more weeks for poly. now im in my BI. so good luck to yall but if you have rating just get ready to wait a long time.

• Anyone have any insight into the CBPO positions for Austin and Laredo?

Comment

• How hard is it to get a job as a customs officer? Anyone here know much about DFW area?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you can pass the entrance exam and all of the pre employment prerequisites, a job with CBP is all but guaranteed. The downside is, steps like the polygraph wipe out the majority of applicants, and the entire hiring process is usually well over a year for either OFO or BP.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          In term of hiring process, BP probably will process faster because they have greater needs. But their fitness test and SI are harder. Fitness requires more sit ups, push ups, and steps test at 14in. I have a friend that took both SI, he said SI for BP was harder. Poly is probably the same depending on your Eqip and background
          About DFW area, you need to find the announcement posting with DFW area on it if you sure want to go there. DFW has big airports so I would think they need lot of CBPOs, you just got to find the announcement. If you just apply whatever announcement, it will be a negotiable luck, you may or may not get offer there Rob71008

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          DFW is way bigger than what people think, so you have the DFW airport, McKinney Freight Yard and the Alliance international freight. The DFW you can get per the big wigs in my Structured Interview, however if you are a vet and go the VRA route is almost guaranteed. They said they have so musch to do in the DFW area they always need people but veterans (vra) have priory picking.

Ive done both the Structured Interview for CBPO and BPA and I can tell you the BPA is intense.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          You know whats funny? I've taken numerous law enforcement entrance exams and, in my opinion, OFO was the most difficult.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10290 users online. 478 members and 9812 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X